Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, none of the recent Sony HD Collections from this year, with the exception of Journey, have books. GoW, Infamous, and Killzone did not I know for sure. Sounds like Ratchet and Clank didn't either.

Okay I know my Pegasister is going to show with this comment but here goes.

Black Friday and holiday deals are not that far away. I'm sure that those deals will be just as good if not better then this one. Plus you probably won't have to deal with so much BS from GS. So being patient is the only thing you can do at a time like this. Unless you have a good friend or stranger that is willing to give you the coupon code. I'm sure patience will pay off. Because when you get mad, the person you are aggravating the most is yourself.

I want to know what the selection criteria was for this coupon. I have over 110k lifetime points on my PUR Pro card. Granted most of that is for 360 but there's a significant portion on PS3 and PSP. I have PS3 listed as a system that I own and have even bought DLC for PS3.

The last coupon I remember like this was the $100 off a PS3 in spring 2011 and that was given to people w/o PS3 history on their account. That makes total sense, this does not.

I'm about ready to just say F it and try to PM at BB, WM, or Target.

[quote name='angrynoisefly']i'd still wait for tomorrow. a couple people have speculated that the deal will go wide to everyone tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I hope they're right. Almost all of my purchases at GS have been for 360, but that's because I just bought my PS3 slim in July (at Best Buy, haha). However, I *did* buy the ICO/SotC collection from GS at full price in July (also 19.99) and also bought Infamous (before I knew a collection was coming out). I've been a PUR Pro member for over three years, and I've accumulated about 17,000 points over that period (most of which have been redeemed). I've kept my collection and my wishlist updated at the PUR website, including most of these PS3 collections.

I'm not going to scream bloody murder if I don't get the coupon; I'll just have to keep the games on my wish list and wait until there's a sale somewhere. But yeah, when it comes time for me to renew my PUR Pro in February, I'm probably going to go into the store and tell them why I'm not renewing: (1) I've been in Best Buy's GCU for just over a year and it's not only more consistent with the coupons, but it has better deals; and (2) I've noticed that the share of my games which were purchased at GameStop has gone from about 50% a couple years ago, to about 10% this year.

They're free to do their promotions however they want. But they shouldn't expect to maintain or grow a loyal customer base if they do them like they've done this one.

[quote name='valenor the bored']I got the coupon yesterday.

I went to the local gamestop and got Ico and the Jak collection. They only had one copy of the Ratchet collection but there was no manual to go with it, so I didn't get it. Was there supposed to be a manual in there?

In any case, I'm pretty happy with my purchases.[/QUOTE]

lol you seriously didnt buy it cuz there was no manual? there are no manual in these....now u wont be able to get it since its a single use coupon...btw, when would you EVER read the manual?

[quote name='FinderKeeper']I hope they're right. Almost all of my purchases at GS have been for 360, but that's because I just bought my PS3 slim in July (at Best Buy, haha). However, I *did* buy the ICO/SotC collection from GS at full price in July (also 19.99) and also bought Infamous (before I knew a collection was coming out). I've been a PUR Pro member for over three years, and I've accumulated about 17,000 points over that period (most of which have been redeemed). I've kept my collection and my wishlist updated at the PUR website, including most of these PS3 collections.

I'm not going to scream bloody murder if I don't get the coupon; I'll just have to keep the games on my wish list and wait until there's a sale somewhere. But yeah, when it comes time for me to renew my PUR Pro in February, I'm probably going to go into the store and tell them why I'm not renewing: (1) I've been in Best Buy's GCU for just over a year and it's not only more consistent with the coupons, but it has better deals; and (2) I've noticed that the share of my games which were purchased at GameStop has gone from about 50% a couple years ago, to about 10% this year.

They're free to do their promotions however they want. But they shouldn't expect to maintain or grow a loyal customer base if they do them like they've done this one.[/QUOTE]

thank you for this post, totally agree with everything you said, and you are mature enough not to bitch.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']So you are saying that it is acceptable for a store can simply say that you are not eligible for a sale "just cause"?[/QUOTE]

yup thats exactly what im saying, they have no obligation to you, the company is privately owned. u obviously seem like you are the type of shopper who only goes to gamestop to take advantage of them, and then goes in to an uproar if they try not to reward you for it. stop getting angry, its not even nov 5th yet, u may still get the coupon as many others have speculated.

so you tell me when bby dosent give out those holiday coupons to everyone, do they tell you what their criteria is? no they dont. get over it, its not your business if they give you a coupon or not, you probably would have never known if it wasnt for the cag forums, how many people honestly check their "active" offers.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']If the coupon doesnt come by Monday then GS can suck it and Ill take my business to BB (where its been for quite some time now). Ill just pm the sale and use the GC I got from preordering games from them.[/QUOTE]

lol so your telling gamestop to suck it now? looks like you've already done it by taking your business to bb, "where its been for quite some time now". so you tell me why the hell would gamestop wanna give you a coupon, just so you could take advantage of them. this is probably a reason why the gamestop coupons were somewhat selective at least for the first few days. usually i want everyone to get in good deals, but ur sense of entitlement sort of sickens me lol, and hope that you dont get one.

[quote name='paayter']lol you seriously didnt buy it cuz there was no manual? there are no manual in these....now u wont be able to get it since its a single use coupon...btw, when would you EVER read the manual?[/QUOTE]

This is a pretty bizarre thing for you to be so upset about, no? After that quad post, you may want to take a break. Have some tea.

[quote name='paayter']lol so your telling gamestop to suck it now? looks like you've already done it by taking your business to bb, "where its been for quite some time now". so you tell me why the hell would gamestop wanna give you a coupon, just so you could take advantage of them. this is probably a reason why the gamestop coupons were somewhat selective at least for the first few days. usually i want everyone to get in good deals, but ur sense of entitlement sort of sickens me lol, and hope that you dont get one.[/QUOTE]

Ummm to bring customers that wouldn't normally spend money in? Pretty much the same reason why any business would do so.

[quote name='paayter']lol you seriously didnt buy it cuz there was no manual? there are no manual in these....now u wont be able to get it since its a single use coupon...btw, when would you EVER read the manual?[/QUOTE]

If the game doesn't have a manual, the store should have noted it on the sleeve they stored the game in. That way they could have told the customer that it didn't come with a manual. Otherwise it makes it seem like they lost the manual and are still trying to sell the game as "new". The question about reading the manual is irrelevant.

[quote name='MSUHitman']As far as I know, none of the recent Sony HD Collections from this year, with the exception of Journey, have books. GoW, Infamous, and Killzone did not I know for sure. Sounds like Ratchet and Clank didn't either.[/QUOTE]

The Jak & Daxter Collection did come with a book, unsure on when it released - but I think you are correct sir. The Infamous one just has the DLC voucher, same for Journey and GoW collections.

I finally received my coupon yesterday and was able to trade in infamous 1 & 2 (with coupon and bonuses, I got more money than the infamous collection cost!?! ended up ~20 and collection is 15) which offset the cost of trading in my GoW collection and GoW3 for the saga (got 16 and saga collection was 20). Also picked up Journey collection and Jak and Daxter. I hope they roll out more coupons for everyone else.

i believe aren't the game manuals now "inclusive and on disc"... since all they include are controls and other basic documentation nowadays anyways?

There's another ding against gutted copies. If it was sealed and he opened it and saw no manual, he would know it didn't come with a manual. With the gutted copy, who knows what happened?

Just got a reply from their customer support, and they said that only a select amount of people got the offer and that they "ran out" of coupon codes to offer. Total bullshit.

Only solidifies how god awful gamestop is as a cooperation.

If anyone has a code they are not going to use and want to give it away, send me a PM.

[quote name='jmarano7836']The Jak & Daxter Collection did come with a book, unsure on when it released - but I think you are correct sir. The Infamous one just has the DLC voucher, same for Journey and GoW collections.

I finally received my coupon yesterday and was able to trade in infamous 1 & 2 (with coupon and bonuses, I got more money than the infamous collection cost!?! ended up ~20 and collection is 15) which offset the cost of trading in my GoW collection and GoW3 for the saga (got 16 and saga collection was 20). Also picked up Journey collection and Jak and Daxter. I hope they roll out more coupons for everyone else.

i believe aren't the game manuals now "inclusive and on disc"... since all they include are controls and other basic documentation nowadays anyways?[/QUOTE]

actually, sony is just a cheapass, kinda like all of us :). if anyone else is planning on trading their older copies for these new bundles, i recommend keeping your manuals. you can just put them in the new cases, and it makes them feel really weighty, like a real box set or something.

[quote name='jza1218']Ummm to bring customers that wouldn't normally spend money in? Pretty much the same reason why any business would do so.[/QUOTE]

In business, it is a standard rule that it costs less to keep a customer through good service and minor concessions than to advertise and get more new customers. I get the feeling GS customers satisfaction base was at a net loss with this promo.

[quote name='Dante Devil']So, the SONY50 code does not work for buying the listed games online?[/QUOTE]

No. It did for a short time but was disabled.

So that copy of the Infamous collection I got today was the last copy the store had and it was gutted. Of course it didn't have the DLC voucher. I completely forgot it came with one. Crap.

[quote name='ShadowSx']Only solidifies how god awful gamestop is as a cooperation.[/QUOTE]
So Gamestop is like an Agricultural Production Cooperative (APC)?

[quote name='sephiroth61787']So that copy of the Infamous collection I got today was the last copy the store had and it was gutted. Of course it didn't have the DLC voucher. I completely forgot it came with one. Crap.[/QUOTE]
Bu-bu-bu-but it's new! :roll: That sucks.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Bu-bu-bu-but it's new! :roll: That sucks.[/QUOTE]

I'll just try to exchange it for an actual sealed copy. Which I should've bought in the first place.

Just to share my experience. Trading GOW3 and GOW collection towards the purchase of the collections listed gave the 50% boost automatically. The trade in and purchase were in the same transaction for those wondering. This boost came even before I handed in the coupon.

After I gave them the coupon, the guy typed it in like 3 or 4 times but the price wouldn't change. Only after I've signed that 'these are my games that are trading it.. blah blah' and hit accept, the price adjusted to half price. Hopefully this info will help somebody.

Off topic, the gamestop employee that I've talked to actually told me to stay away from the Killzone collection if I'm just buying it for Killzone 1. It was a gutted copy so I wasn't going to buy it anyway but still felt like a nice gesture instead of him trying to sell or make me preorder something. Also gave my daughter a Harvest Moon doll for free.

[quote name='ShadowSx']Just got a reply from their customer support, and they said that only a select amount of people got the offer and that they "ran out" of coupon codes to offer. Total bullshit.

Only solidifies how god awful gamestop is as a cooperation.

If anyone has a code they are not going to use and want to give it away, send me a PM.[/QUOTE]

They should just print more, the Federal Reserve does it all the time.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']If the game doesn't have a manual, the store should have noted it on the sleeve they stored the game in. That way they could have told the customer that it didn't come with a manual. Otherwise it makes it seem like they lost the manual and are still trying to sell the game as "new". The question about reading the manual is irrelevant.[/QUOTE]

dude...its still foolish you dont take the damn game for 50 percent off because of a nonexistent manual.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']There's another ding against gutted copies. If it was sealed and he opened it and saw no manual, he would know it didn't come with a manual. With the gutted copy, who knows what happened?[/QUOTE]

i guess...maybe its just me but i do my research and what i do is i watch unboxing videos if ever i need to purchase something used or in "new" gutted condition.

[quote name='karekano126']
Off topic, the gamestop employee that I've talked to actually told me to stay away from the Killzone collection if I'm just buying it for Killzone 1. It was a gutted copy so I wasn't going to buy it anyway but still felt like a nice gesture instead of him trying to sell or make me preorder something. Also gave my daughter a Harvest Moon doll for free.[/QUOTE]

The code only includes the DLC maps, so it's not like it makes a huge difference, though did he explain why you shouldn't play Killzone? I know many thought it was so so, but 5 dollars more than PSN version with the ability to resell... whats to lose?

Bought GoW Saga, Ico+StC and Infamous Collection. Traded in GoW3 and SFxTekken towards it, tried trading in my copies of Infamous and Infamous 2, but they were still wrapped from being in the backlog since I got them and I guess Gamestop has some sort of policy against accepting new games for trades.

Anyway, whole shebang wound up being $27 after the coupon and trade-ins. I lucked out too, since all 3 were still shrink-wrapped. Might have to buy a lottery ticket next.

it seems majority of you guys bought this online?

i skimmed through the threads and it seems that the code is for....free shipping?

and also, i tried to buy one of the HD collection but system wasnt applying. cashier told me it was probably a computer error and to check back later.

I checked my account and had the coupon so I went to GS today. They had Jak & Daxter and Killzone sealed but Journey, Ico/SOTC and God of War were all gutted display copies. I noticed Journey had a code for avatar icons, the Ico/SOTC box said it had some themes but I didn't have an insert so I hope it's on the disc and GOW had Origins as a downloadable code. I haven't gone home yet to try them but it better work because that's the only reason why I got the Saga because I already had GOW 1&2 but not 3 which came on discs. If not I'll be back there later today.

Sadly, they didn't have the Ratchet & Clank collection and I already have all the infamous and Uncharted games so not a bad haul assuming all those codes work.

[quote name='paayter']yup thats exactly what im saying, they have no obligation to you, the company is privately owned. u obviously seem like you are the type of shopper who only goes to gamestop to take advantage of them, and then goes in to an uproar if they try not to reward you for it. stop getting angry, its not even nov 5th yet, u may still get the coupon as many others have speculated.

so you tell me when bby dosent give out those holiday coupons to everyone, do they tell you what their criteria is? no they dont. get over it, its not your business if they give you a coupon or not, you probably would have never known if it wasnt for the cag forums, how many people honestly check their "active" offers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='paayter']lol so your telling gamestop to suck it now? looks like you've already done it by taking your business to bb, "where its been for quite some time now". so you tell me why the hell would gamestop wanna give you a coupon, just so you could take advantage of them. this is probably a reason why the gamestop coupons were somewhat selective at least for the first few days. usually i want everyone to get in good deals, but ur sense of entitlement sort of sickens me lol, and hope that you dont get one.[/QUOTE]

I have no reply for this guy, but I know someone who does.

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-trolling-or-just-stupid-b7ef4a.jpg

[quote name='david12795']it seems majority of you guys bought this online?

i skimmed through the threads and it seems that the code is for....free shipping?

and also, i tried to buy one of the HD collection but system wasnt applying. cashier told me it was probably a computer error and to check back later.[/QUOTE]
There were two codes. SONY50, which gave the 50% off, and SAVER, which gave free shipping to all orders over $25, which counted the original price of the games, so most of the collections would work with it. The SONY50 does not work anymore. SAVER still should, though.

damn i told the lady at gamestop that i didnt have a printer to print out the coupon and she said i could only use the code on one game so i got ratchet and clank for 15. then i got home and checked my active offers and the coupon wasnt there anymore :( didnt know this was a one time use

[quote name='carl7117']damn i told the lady at gamestop that i didnt have a printer to print out the coupon and she said i could only use the code on one game so i got ratchet and clank for 15. then i got home and checked my active offers and the coupon wasnt there anymore :( didnt know this was a one time use[/QUOTE]
I think the coupon says "1 or MORE"
Edit: Yeah it does.

For those that have Journey, how is it? I platyed the demo, and didnt get it, but Ive heard from others that its a poor representation of the game and the full thing is actually fun. I wouldnt waste $15 on PSN since I wasnt feeling it, but Id consider a physical copy bc I could always resell it if I still dont like it

Also Jak & Daxter collection or Ratchet? I loved Jak 1, didnt like Jak 2, but never played Jak 3. I loved the PS3 Ratchet games, but never touched the PS2 games

[quote name='Havok83']For those that have Journey, how is it? I platyed the demo, and didnt get it, but Ive heard from others that its a poor representation of the game and the full thing is actually fun. I wouldnt waste $15 on PSN since I wasnt feeling it, but Id consider a physical copy bc I could always resell it if I still dont like it

Also Jak & Daxter collection or Ratchet? I loved Jak 1, didnt like Jak 2, but never played Jak 3. I loved the PS3 Ratchet games, but never touched the PS2 games[/QUOTE]

all of the above. or just ratchet. its the only ps2 trilogy that really deserves its praise imo

[quote name='Havok83']For those that have Journey, how is it? I platyed the demo, and didnt get it, but Ive heard from others that its a poor representation of the game and the full thing is actually fun. I wouldnt waste $15 on PSN since I wasnt feeling it, but Id consider a physical copy bc I could always resell it if I still dont like it

Also Jak & Daxter collection or Ratchet? I loved Jak 1, didnt like Jak 2, but never played Jak 3. I loved the PS3 Ratchet games, but never touched the PS2 games[/QUOTE]

What the fuck? How in god's name do you play the newer entries and have never played the one's that started them all? #1 is good, #2 imo is the best, as for #3 its great but for some reason I always had a soft spot for the second one, might be due to the fact I only beat it once and then my disc got scrathed and I never rebought a copy. #4 is coming to psn soon, but its not part of the collection.

As for GS, I still dont have my coupon so fuck them, Ill take my money to BB. :booty:

[quote name='Royal High Knight']What the fuck? How in god's name do you play the newer entries and have never played the one's that started them all? #1 is good, #2 imo is the best, as for #3 its great but for some reason I always had a soft spot for the second one, might be due to the fact I only beat it once and then my disc got scrathed and I never rebought a copy. #4 is coming to psn soon, but its not part of the collection.

As for GS, I still dont have my coupon so fuck them, Ill take my money to BB. :booty:[/QUOTE]
Its not like Ratchet is a story driven saga like Metal Gear or Mass Effect. Previous games werent necesarry to jump into the PS3 games

There are six games I'd like to get on this deal (honestly want them, haven't bought or played them, not looking to flip them)... I'm a Pro PUR and no coupon... so... if anyone who has a one would be willing to trade I do have a few things I'm willing to put towards it.

Borderlands 2 Premier Club Code (360)
Crysis 2 Limited Edition Code (360)
Batman: Cat Woman Code (PS3)
Some unused Indie Bundle Codes for various games on steam
.... some other stuff I can't think of ATM, but can get a full list to anyone that PMs once I'm home.

thanks for any consideration.

The online inventory for my usual GameStop was WAY off. It said my store only had Jax & Daxter. I asked the girl behind the counter if she could look for Ratchet & Clank and GoW Saga and she managed to find copies. $45 was a steal for all three. I'm kinda curious how well the 3D effect looks. I bought one of those PS3 Monitors on clearance, but still haven't really tried the 3D (No interest at all in Motostorm so meh).

I have an in-store coupon code that I wont be using if anyone wants it. I can email you the image of it so you can display it on your phone in store.

I got in on the sony50 deal when it was active.

Let me know.

Edit: Gone to Grizbo.

What is the SKU for Journey at BB? I can't seem to locate it on their website

[quote name='Samuelc79']Hey all, well this coupon search was confusing. I was trying to use Coupons, when it isn't the correct thing. You all need to log in to the power-up website and go to following link,

https://www.poweruprewards.com/Account/ActiveOffers

that should show it! All this time for searching was finally over.[/QUOTE]
Dude everyone knows that. The problem was never about finding the coupon but rather that it wasn't sent out to everyone

[quote name='Samuelc79']Hey all, well this coupon search was confusing. I was trying to use Coupons, when it isn't the correct thing. You all need to log in to the power-up website and go to following link,

https://www.poweruprewards.com/Account/ActiveOffers

that should show it! All this time for searching was finally over.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone is getting the coupon, which is the problem. I don't have it when I click on that link.

If anyone has a spare one and doesn't want it and would like to share it, feel free to PM me as I'm looking to get a lot of these collections.

[quote name='purbeast']Not everyone is getting the coupon, which is the problem. I don't have it when I click on that link.

If anyone has a spare one and doesn't want it and would like to share it, feel free to PM me as I'm looking to get a lot of these collections.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried PMing the coupon image and offer to BB? If possible I think it would be simpler than trying to wait on GS or trying to get someone to give you their coupon. I did this yesterday with success and will try again later this week

bread's done
Back