Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the difference between buying a used opened copy and a new opened copy? I mean, they look the same right?

Just got the email and code also. Hopefully there will still be unopened Jaks, Ratchets and Icos left. The coupon says nothing about one game per coupon, btw.

[quote name='Fonz72']Had the coupon in my account, I just read them the code off of my phone. Picked up a gutted J&D and sealed GOW and R&C. Massive haul of games for $45! They tried to give me a gutted copy of GOW without the download voucher for the PSP games and I had to complain until they dug around and found the sealed copy. Then the guy proceeded to tell me that the only way to guarantee a sealed copy of a game is to preorder, which I could easily do on such upcoming titles as Halo 4, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and many more! Seriously, I'm not kidding. They also had NO idea about the promo.[/QUOTE]

Wow seriously? So I guess since the games weren't gonna be in there you also got a discount right :lol:

[quote name='gldoorii']What's the difference between buying a used opened copy and a new opened copy? I mean, they look the same right?[/QUOTE]

New copy - developer gets a cut
Used copy - your money goes to grimey ass gamestop

[quote name='eselv73']New copy - developer gets a cut
Used copy - your money goes to grimey ass gamestop[/QUOTE]

No no, I mean…I don't shop at GameStop, but I always hear people complain that they get new copies that are opened. How is it new? I don't get it.

[quote name='pun123']I just got an email about this sale with the EBC code in it, and I already used my PU one on Sunday. Will put on phone and take it in tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

You certain they are not the same codes? The one from PU was the same one they emailed me.

[quote name='gldoorii']No no, I mean…I don't shop at GameStop, but I always hear people complain that they get new copies that are opened. How is it new? I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

To put games out on the shelf, GameStop opens one or two copies of that game, removes the game, and puts the empty case on display. (So people can't steal the games) There are sealed copies behind the counter, but if that display/opened copy is the last copy of the game, that is what you get. It's still "new" (according to GameStop) because it has never been played before...just opened.
Make sense?

I just got an email with the coupon code. And the add has the Uncharted Dual pack right on it. Gonna try Gamestop again for the Uncharted Dual pack and if they still won't sell it to me im headed over to BB.

What happens if you buy a game new and they give you a "new" one that is gutted and then try to return it the next day because you found another one elsewhere unopened. Would they believe you and let you get your money back or would they think that it is now not new because it was opened to begin with and you took it home.

Hoping to get rid of my Borderlands GOTY (since I've got it all through PSN+) for the noted $15 (making it $22.50 after bonus) and picking up the Uncharted collection and maybe another one of the HD collections. Recommendations?

I was able to get the Infamous, R&C, and Ico collections today with the coupon. The Infamous and Ico collections were gutted, but complete. The code that came with R&C didn't work, weirdly enough, even though that was a brand new sealed copy. At least the Infamous code worked, which has a ton more stuff

[quote name='Distortiontm']If someone wants to use my code, please do. I'm not going to use it.

http://i.imgur.com/Mufiu.png[/QUOTE]The eight characters after the dash in that code are different from those in the one I used, for those curious (I got my code when this first emerged).

Do you have to be a paid Power Up Rewards member? Mine just expired in August I think. I never renewed it cause i never really end up there, and it may be cheaper to just pay the 10% more than to pay $15 a year, there is a free PUR anyway and I mostly just go to best buy or somewhere and catch a sale. the only reason I ever justified gamestops rewards was the magazine. which i get so many they usually just sit around or i half read them...

[quote name='Lonedrifter1989']Do you have to be a paid Power Up Rewards member? Mine just expired in August I think. I never renewed it cause i never really end up there, and it may be cheaper to just pay the 10% more than to pay $15 a year, there is a free PUR anyway and I mostly just go to best buy or somewhere and catch a sale. the only reason I ever justified gamestops rewards was the magazine. which i get so many they usually just sit around or i half read them...[/QUOTE]

You do not have to be a paid rewards member.

Confirmed - Coupon code via e-mail is the same as the one on my account.

But, since I've already used up the coupon and it no longer shows under Active Offers, looks like I'm out of luck using it twice.

However, there's always the PM at Best Buy now that I can print out the e-mail, a screenshot of the Gamestop website, and a copy of my original coupon... should work, hopefully.

[quote name='TimesTicking']I have the coupon if anybody wants it, I got it from my friend but then decided not to use it.
PM if you want it.[/QUOTE]

PM sent

[quote name='gldoorii']No no, I mean…I don't shop at GameStop, but I always hear people complain that they get new copies that are opened. How is it new? I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

It means they were opened but not sold, yet. I read they let the employees borrow games from the store. One day, they tried to give me some "new" games with all kinds of smudges-n-things on them. Those were BEYOND used. No way those games hadn't been used.

[quote name='Fonz72']Had the coupon in my account, I just read them the code off of my phone. Picked up a gutted J&D and sealed GOW and R&C. Massive haul of games for $45! They tried to give me a gutted copy of GOW without the download voucher for the PSP games and I had to complain until they dug around and found the sealed copy. Then the guy proceeded to tell me that the only way to guarantee a sealed copy of a game is to preorder, which I could easily do on such upcoming titles as Halo 4, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and many more! Seriously, I'm not kidding. They also had NO idea about the promo.[/QUOTE]

and if you pre order one of those following games now, we will also throw in a gamestop plastic bag, to keep your games safe at all times !!!
gamestop=jerks.... well, i cant say all of them. :)

so yesterday i used the code that was in my active offers and was only able to get 1 game because i didnt have the coupon in hand just the code. today i got another code in my email idk if it is the same code but if it is is there any way that i can use it again?

I wouldn't be suprised if we see a deal on these HD collections, cheaper like gamesotp down the road. So for those with a huge backlog, keep looking out for future deals such as black friday, amazon or even Newegg!

In case anyone wants to try their luck read this fine print, I got through the e-mail!

*50% Off Select Sony Collections: Selection may vary by store. No rainchecks. No substitutions. Must use coupon at time of purchase. Coupon in the PowerUp Rewards Active Offers is the same coupon and is valid for one transaction only. Not valid on pre-played games. Offer valid 11/1/12 through 11/14/12. Valid in-store only. Not valid on GameStop.com.

**50% Extra In-Store Credit: Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of participating games. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 11/1/12 through 11/14/12.

‡$75 Extra In-Store Credit: Full trade amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new 500GB Assassin's Creed III PS3 Bundle. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 10/30/12 through 12/3/12.

[quote name='technicalstylez']^when i was in gs on sunday playing wii-u, an employee was bragging to a kid about being able to borrow any game thats been opened.[/quote]

Madness!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to my local Game Stop and traded in my Metro 2033 for $12 thanks to the 50% bonus and grabbed the ICO collection for no money out of my pocket!
Now I'm really regretting not bringing in a couple extra games and buying the GOW Saga as well. Oh well.

If anyone needs a code pm me I got an extra in my email. I think it's not the same as the one I had, but I have no way of checking.

EDIT CODE GONE.

the gamestop I have across from my job isn't that bad, I only had two experiences with them:
the first being I bought a used copy of Fallout 3 goty and almost walked out with out a disk
the second being I bought a copy of john woo's stranglehold ce and it had the regular disk (brown colored, CE comes with a black disk with the movie hardboiled) but the price was adjusted after the fact and no one complained.

once I get paid (and finish paying bills and that damned blopsII cp) I might pick up J&D and GoW at least for gifts.

I'll be down for a pm'ed code, either that, or I'm gonna go try to pm this at BestBuy. @_@ (Want to get the Ratchet and Jak collections along with the Journey one. Already have all the other games.)

Man i wish i had a job now :C . Got a code will gve it too someone if i dont use it b4 expiration but most of you proabably got a code today

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Man i wish i had a job now :C . Got a code will gve it too someone if i dont use it b4 expiration but most of you proabably got a code today[/QUOTE]

I totally don't. Care to throw it my way?

No coupon yet. I'd love to spend the rest of my store credit on this offer. If anyone has a coupon they aren't going to use, I'd be very grateful for it.

I woke up and received an email with a code. Strange because i haven't been a "pro" member for about a year and a half. I was kinda curious about some of the deals. I will check my local stores stock and if they don't have my game then i will give it away here.

I'm still waiting for my coupon (I'm a Pro member). If anyone has an extra one, I'd love to have it. PM me for my email address. :)

Also, just a thought...If someone is wanting just to buy 1 game with the coupon, I'd be willing to mail that game to them in exchange for the coupon plus $5 or $10 bucks (depending on the game you want). So, for example, if you want one of the games that is $15, I will buy that game for you and mail it to you if you give me your coupon plus $10 PayPal Gift (look at my feedback here on CAG, I have done lots of business here). That way, you save $5 (plus the tax...plus a trip to GameStop). I just can't afford to front all $15, since I'll also be paying for shipping. :p If you want a game that's only $10 with the coupon, you can just send me $5 PayPal Gift plus the coupon.

I know it's a weird idea, but I figure it's worth a shot for someone that isn't in a hurry for just 1 of the games and has an unused coupon...and wants to help a fellow CAG out, because I'm wanting to buy 5 or 6 of these collections.

I could also buy $10 or so Steam game to trade for the coupon. Or send $10 in PayPal Gift for the coupon.

PM me if you have any other propositions. :)

Man, this would've been the perfect sale for me since my gf got me a PS3 for our anniversary (what a girl, am I right?). The thing is I'm too stingy to buy games and always wait for a sale. I was really looking forward to the Journey Collection and ICO+SoTC. Journey looks like a damn beautiful game and ICO+SoTC was a game I played to death as a kid.

If anyone out there has any unused coupons, send them my way! >_

bread's done
Back