Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry it is tough to look through 100+ pages. Is the offer still active online? I have the coupon in my PUR active offers. When I go to the website and put the games in cart and try to check out, I put in my PUR number and the code SONY50 and it says code is not valid.

Thanks

Well after never getting the code and 3 best buys wouldn't price match I decided to go to gamestop to find out if the code was on myrewards card. It turned out I got no code but the gamestop employees kepted trying to help took an hour but finally the guy who wanted to help just let me use his code I kept thanking him since he waned to use it but wanted to help more and I was able to get ratchet & clank, journey, Jack & daxter, and ico collection all for $50 I got really lucky and am so thankful for all those games top employees who took their time to help me out.

[quote name='damian1201']Well after never getting the code and 3 best buys wouldn't price match I decided to go to gamestop to find out if the code was on myrewards card. It turned out I got no code but the gamestop employees kepted trying to help took an hour but finally the guy who wanted to help just let me use his code I kept thanking him since he waned to use it but wanted to help more and I was able to get ratchet & clank, journey, Jack & daxter, and ico collection all for $50 I got really lucky and am so thankful for all those games top employees who took their time to help me out.[/QUOTE]

Holy run-on sentence..

[quote name='Blade3D']Ya I am not sure where that number comes from cause I don't know if I've spent $700-800.[/QUOTE]

The number is complete bull; I really want to know how they make it. As an employee I don't see how people have saved that much money. Mine says I have saved about $900 :roll:

I used my coupon on Sunday. Luckily, Gamestop had all of the collections in stock. I was able to purchase all of them "new" besides inFamous (still had the code intact and was able to redeem the dlc) and Ico/Shadow of Colossus were the display boxes. The guy had no idea this coupon was out and assumed I had used my Powerup rewards points to get the coupon. I wanted to get the Uncharted collection as well but I wasn't too sure if it worked or not since the SKU wasn't listed on the coupon. It was fast and easy I walked out a happy camper, no problems whatsover.

Is there a trick to getting this coupon? I haven't got the coupon yet and I'm a PowerUp Rewards Pro member. Want to pick up the God of War Sagas collection

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']The number is complete bull; I really want to know how they make it. As an employee I don't see how people have saved that much money. Mine says I have saved about $900 :roll:[/QUOTE]

From what I was told by the employee it includes your trades in and purchases. I was pretty shocked when I was told I had saved over $2000 as there is no way I spent that much but if you factor in trade ins, it's possible.

[quote name='elessar123']I was told similar. Girl at GS (loudly) that I saved $600 during the last year.[/QUOTE]
By not shopping at Gamestop :lol:

[quote name='kitsunisan']Got Ratchet and Journey today, bought them with the sony50 code. Still want that coupon to pick up Jak, might just try and pm Best Buy tomorrow for it. What the hell kind of system is it when a dlc game collection gets an instruction book with it and a disk with three HD remastered PS2 games don't?[/QUOTE]

That Game Company cares about stuff like that more than Imsomniac.

Got the email a day or so ago and broke down to get me a shiny new toy. Talked myself out of Jak & Daxter, prefering to get it later when it comes out on Vita (seems like a good series for portable play).
Got Ratchet & Clank collection, i'm in it to see the evolution of the crazy weaponry over the duration of the series.

They sent me the wrong console version of BF3 and Madden lol. My friend got the wrong version of WWE 13.

Is anyone else having this problem with online orders? Smh, I'm too lazy to send back the copies.

Couple of questions since I don't want to get it wrong with a one time use. Someone sold me their code but I'm not a PUR member.

Can I just use the code online or take it in without being a PUR member and get the games?

If I order online do I just enter it as a promo code (same place I put saver)?

[quote name='aus_nacht']Couple of questions since I don't want to get it wrong with a one time use. Someone sold me their code but I'm not a PUR member.

Can I just use the code online or take it in without being a PUR member and get the games?

If I order online do I just enter it as a promo code (same place I put saver)?[/QUOTE]
In-store only.

[quote name='coopscohen']From what I was told by the employee it includes your trades in and purchases. I was pretty shocked when I was told I had saved over $2000 as there is no way I spent that much but if you factor in trade ins, it's possible.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I suppose that makes more sense. I would think the number represents lifetime purchases at GameStop with the powerupcard...it's the only way it makes sense imo

I opted to pass on the God of War, Killzone, and Infamous collections. I already have Infamous 1 and 2, and God of War III, God of War Collection, and God of War Origins Collection, so those two would have been redundant. While I would have liked to get all of the DLC content for Infamous 2, I'm not paying an extra $15 for it.

The Killzone collection was one of the most expensive of the options, and I'm pretty sure I'll see a comparably low price inside of the next six months. (under $20) There's no hurry on that one.

What I DID pick up was the Journey Collection, The Ratchet and Clank collection, and the Jak and Daxter collection. $40 well spent.

If anyone has a usable code they don't plan to use, PM me please. Would be happy to discuss a trade, and hopefully work something out.

[quote name='Richard Kain']I opted to pass on the God of War, Killzone, and Infamous collections. I already have Infamous 1 and 2, and God of War III, God of War Collection, and God of War Origins Collection, so those two would have been redundant. While I would have liked to get all of the DLC content for Infamous 2, I'm not paying an extra $15 for it.

The Killzone collection was one of the most expensive of the options, and I'm pretty sure I'll see a comparably low price inside of the next six months. (under $20) There's no hurry on that one.

What I DID pick up was the Journey Collection, The Ratchet and Clank collection, and the Jak and Daxter collection. $40 well spent.[/QUOTE]
Since you were there anyway, why didn't you trade in Infamous 1 and 2 for Infamous Collection in the same transaction (or if you prefer Best Buy credit, Infamous 1 to BBY and Infamous 2 to Gamestop)? Infamous 2 TIV held at $9 today, Infamous 1 might still be $4, so that's $19.50 after bonus at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so my GOW saga arrived. When i open it there is only a voucher for the two PSP games and the 2 disc. Doesn't it come with a free month of ps plus as well? Or is it the same code as the code for the two games?

[quote name='darrenaw9']Ok so my GOW saga arrived. When i open it there is only a voucher for the two PSP games and the 2 disc. Doesn't it come with a free month of ps plus as well? Or is it the same code as the code for the two games?[/QUOTE]

It should have a separate voucher for the 30 day PS+.

Picked up Journey today with a pricematch at walmart. Had to buy it to match my Art of Journey signed book

I held off for so long though because I own flower. Why sony won't let people 'gift' or give away licenses for games is beyond me. Same goes with any company and digital media in this day.

[quote name='darrenaw9']Ok so my GOW saga arrived. When i open it there is only a voucher for the two PSP games and the 2 disc. Doesn't it come with a free month of ps plus as well? Or is it the same code as the code for the two games?[/QUOTE]
The one that I got in the mail did not have the PS+ trial, and did not mention it on the box. The one that I got in-store did have the PS+ trial, and did mention it on the box.
[quote name='Gotenks']If it doesn't mention the voucher for a free month of plus on the back, it wont have it. Look at the 3:36 mark of this youtube video. The back of his case mentions it. The one I got doesn't, so I didn't get a voucher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RcWrIgR8BM[/QUOTE]

Still did not get a code, myself.

Though I would have preferred to use up my GS credit instead, I just decided to take my chances on a BB PM. After they confirmed the deal with GS, they PM'd it without issue. :bouncy:

Got KZ, GoW Saga and R&C.

My results:

- 1 trip to Best Buy -

$09.99 God of War: Origins Collection
$09.99 Ico & Shadow of the Colossus
$14.99 Journey Collector's Edition
$14.99 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
$14.99 Ratchet & Clank Collection
$70.80 TOTAL with tax

- 1 trip to Gamestop -

$09.99 Jak & Daxter Collection
$10.89 TOTAL with tax

I just told the cashier that Gamestop is having a 50% off sale on PS3 Collections, and to Google "Gamestop Collection Sale".

Hard to beat ~$5.00 per game, brand new! I've never played any of these games (except for Peace Walker), so I've got a lot of classics to catch up on now.

[quote name='aus_nacht']Cool. Will I get grief if I'm not a pur member?[/QUOTE]
Gamestop employees can make you a free PowerUp Rewards account. You should go there and ask about it. They will probably tell you to pay to be a Pro member so you can get all the benefits etc. just say no, say you want the free account only! After making the account, tell them that you would like to redeem the coupon. Good luck! :)

By the way, I got GOW Saga using the code I got from Gamestop. Thank you OP! and thank you Gamestop! :)

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but this is the first time I have had access to the Internet and this site since the Hurricane and I don't have time to look through all the posts.

How do you get this deal? Does it automatically ring up if you scab your card in store? Is it online only? Cause the prizes are MSRP on the site and there doesn't appear to be anything about this on the PU website. Thanks in advance

[quote name='JP73']I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but this is the first time I have had access to the Internet and this site since the Hurricane and I don't have time to look through all the posts.

How do you get this deal? Does it automatically ring up if you scab your card in store? Is it online only? Cause the prizes are MSRP on the site and there doesn't appear to be anything about this on the PU website. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

You need a coupon that has a unique code on it. They were either emailed or found in the active offers area of your powerup account when you log in. Not everyone was given a coupon.

[quote name='coopscohen']You need a coupon that has a unique code on it. They were either emailed or found in the active offers area of your powerup account when you log in. Not everyone was given a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Was there any distinguishable rhyme and reason as to who was given one? Or does it appear to be random. I didn't get one :cry:. I have Power Up Pro

[quote name='JP73']Was there any distinguishable rhyme and reason as to who was given one? Or does it appear to be random. I didn't get one :cry:. I have Power Up Pro[/QUOTE]

I have 2 PUR accounts, one has 600000 liftime points and the other (I recently purchased this account for a b2g1 coupon) has 5000 lifetime points.

The PUR account with the 5k points got the coupon and the one with 600k did not get a coupon.

[quote name='JP73']Was there any distinguishable rhyme and reason as to who was given one? Or does it appear to be random. I didn't get one :cry:. I have Power Up Pro[/QUOTE]

It was random and it didn't matter if you were a free or paid member. I didn't get one either but people have had success PM at BB and others have been able to get/trade for a coupon from another CAG member.

I got my copies of Ratchet and Journey while at work yesterday in the mail, only 4 and a half days from order to delivery, not bad for free ship!!

I went to Gamestop yesterday.

Picked up

R&C
GOW Saga
J & D
I & SotC

Wanted the Infamous collection too, but they didn't have any in stock.

I was stoked to get all these.

I traded in Lego LOTR for Vita (I platinumed it 2 nights ago), and with the bonus, it net 24.50.

I ended up getting all these games for around 30 some bucks. Couldn't be happier with the purchase.
Apparently there was no rhyme or reason with the coupon. Of course, I wouldn't have a PS3 to begin with if it hadn't have been for the awesome coupon they sent out 2 years ago.

[quote name='Bent 00']My results:

$14.99 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

[/QUOTE]

WHOA, did you really get away with this, lolol?

[quote name='SSchmidt']I traded in Lego LOTR for Vita (I platinumed it 2 nights ago), and with the bonus, it net 24.50.
[/QUOTE]

Wasn't even aware this was out yet.

Best Buy can be YMMV for price matching. They can just let it through, or argue with you. I know for price matching the points deals that appear sometimes they've argued with me in the past.

My coupon showed up last week. I bought Journey, which was the last one in the store, so it was opened. Since the game is installable, I figure I'll just return it and grab another instead.

bread's done
Back