Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Yeloazndevil']It has been known that Gamestop has taken the code out and resealed the game, but the controller bundle still has the code I recently bought it.
what you can do is email SCEA support and provide proof of purchase and they will email you the code.

It stacks[/QUOTE]

Thanks for info, not sure I want to bother but good to know.

[quote name='AionTelos']Took those pictures to BB and they price matched Ratchet n Clank and SotC/Ico

I also got them to use the coupon on an order of Jak n Daxter :D

3 games - $30 bucks (had a $5 coupon)[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you meant 8 games for $30 :D

[quote name='georgebot84']how sleazy of them to remove the ps+ code. how can that possibly be legal?[/QUOTE]

I guess you missed it when Gamestop opened every PC copy of Dues Ex: Human Revolution, took out the free digital download (OnLive) copy code, resealed the game, and sold it as new. They did this for every pre-order too. Why? Because OnLive was in direct competition with their digital service they just bought, forget the name.

gamestopshenanigans.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/24/gamestop-intentionally-removing-deus-ex-onlive-coupons-from-reta/

Disgusting.

So the ones that do come with the ps plus trial do they say somewhere on the box that it includes it? I'm just asking because I just got my copy of god of war saga in the mail from GameStop and went ahead and opened it and this one also did not have a ps plus code.
So the boxes r exactly the same for both of them and they really did open it and they took it out or did Sony just stop including the voucher code?

Just got my GOW Saga from the website and I didnt open it but it doesn't say anything about 30 PS+ trial on back. For those who might have purchased it and got a plus code with in it, does it say on back that it's included??

EDIT: Okay, found out on youtube videos that the back is supposed to have the PS+ listed below "Exclusive Bonus Content" but like many others who got theirs from the site. These ones do not.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']So the ones that do come with the ps plus trial do they say somewhere on the box that it includes it? I'm just asking because I just got my copy of god of war saga in the mail from GameStop and went ahead and opened it and this one also did not have a ps plus code.
So the boxes r exactly the same for both of them and they really did open it and they took it out or did Sony just stop including the voucher code?[/QUOTE]
Does yours mention the PS+ trial on the back like the picture in this link? http://www.covergalaxy.com/forum/at...-saga-ntsc-cover-inlay-god-war-saga-cover.jpg

If not, then Sony stopped including it.

Yeah mine doesn't say that on the box so I'm all good. Least I know GameStop didn't open my game so now I don't have to go into a rage. :)

[quote name='Outlaw1986']Yeah mine doesn't say that on the box so I'm all good. Least I know GameStop didn't open my game so now I don't have to go into a rage. :)[/QUOTE]
Folks who bought from GS.com might be able to get something out of GS since it still mentions the free trial on the product page.

The ps+ trials give you full benefits to the program right? So for instance if I wanted to play and beat full game titles, I'm allowed up through 30 days?

I just know XBL gold trials don't give you ALL the benefits...

When you guys do the price match at BB, do they check the stock at the nearest GS? I've heard of instances where they will match only if the local competition has the item available. I ask this because the nearest store that has Journey CE is about 25 miles away.

[quote name='jcp42877']The ps+ trials give you full benefits to the program right? So for instance if I wanted to play and beat full game titles, I'm allowed up through 30 days?

I just know XBL gold trials don't give you ALL the benefits...[/QUOTE]

The last time I had a trial membership for PS+ I had full access as if I were a regular member. If you purchase something at discounted prices, it is yours forever. If you get something for free you will no longer have access to that content after your trial ends.

[quote name='Invicta 61']When you guys do the price match at BB, do they check the stock at the nearest GS? I've heard of instances where they will match only if the local competition has the item available. I ask this because the nearest store that has Journey CE is about 25 miles away.[/QUOTE]

I didn't, I know if you tell them other gs were out of stock then you'll get shot down. Just go in there and be calm. The worst that happens is you save a few bucks.

[quote name='AionTelos']I highly suggest trying best buy, just show them the coupon that was posted a page back.[/QUOTE]

Closest best buy to is is over 40 miles :(

[quote name='AionTelos']I didn't, I know if you tell them other gs were out of stock then you'll get shot down. Just go in there and be calm. The worst that happens is you save a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just didn't know if checking availability was something they automatically do when price matching. If it's standard procedure I may as well not waste my time.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']So the ones that do come with the ps plus trial do they say somewhere on the box that it includes it? I'm just asking because I just got my copy of god of war saga in the mail from GameStop and went ahead and opened it and this one also did not have a ps plus code.
So the boxes r exactly the same for both of them and they really did open it and they took it out or did Sony just stop including the voucher code?[/QUOTE]

I bought God of War Saga from Gamestop and it was sealed and came with Plus code. Sadly Killzone Trilogy didnt but came with codes for the maps.

I tried getting the inFamous 1 & 2 pack but the girl helping me said that it was 60. I probably should've had her ring it up, but oh well. At least I was able to get the Max Payne Special Edition for 30 bucks.

[quote name='dominator']I tried getting the inFamous 1 & 2 pack but the girl helping me said that it was 60. I probably should've had her ring it up, but oh well. At least I was able to get the Max Payne Special Edition for 30 bucks.[/QUOTE]

is it auto or manual override?

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']So how does this coupon thing work? Do free members get it? Luckily my Gamestop opened up after the hurricane. Were even luckier to have a generator and a PS3 to hook up. If this isnt for free member can someone who already owns the collections spare me a coupon? My little brother would love the ratchet and clank collection or the god of war saga[/QUOTE]

I believe you need Pro Powerup card to get the discount.

If you haven't gotten a coupon yet, not all hope is lost.

I emailed PUR support and got the same generic response that everyone was getting. I replied to the email asking why extremely loyal customers have not gotten a coupon and this was their response.

Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com

We do sincerely apologize but these recipients are chosen at random and are still being rolled out. We do not have any control over who receives the coupon. If you prefer to speak to someone directly, please contact us at 800-883-8895 seven days a week from 8am-8pm central standard time.

So supposedly coupons are still being distributed.

Made 3rd trip and grabbed God of War Saga..19.99
traded old GOW three

Origins...12.13
Collection...7.74
III......8.83

They paid me 8.71...............sweet deal, thnx.

Just tried it and Infamous was ringing up $60, she wouldn't adjust it to the correct price.....so I have $34 in credit I may never use....

[quote name='Clown069']Just tried it and Infamous was ringing up $60, she wouldn't adjust it to the correct price.....so I have $34 in credit I may never use....[/QUOTE]

That is not possible. The MSRP is $40, and their current price is $30 when it rings up. Then the coupon (after hit total) will make it $15.

The employee is flat out lying to you, it was never a $60 game. It's obviously the last copy, and they want it for themselves.

Heck, the God of War Saga was MSRP $40 I think, and that's 5 full games not 2 like Infamous, err 3 if count PSN game.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']That is not possible. The MSRP is $40, and their current price is $30 when it rings up. Then the coupon (after hit total) will make it $15.

The employee is flat out lying to you, it was never a $60 game. It's obviously the last copy, and they want it for themselves.

Heck, the God of War Saga was MSRP $50 I think, and that's 5 full games not 2 like Infamous, err 3 if count PSN game.[/QUOTE]

I think they had the wrong sticker on it, because it said $59.99 on it. i'm going to go to the one closer to me tomorrow and see if i can grab it and Killzone.

I was able to PM Ico at Best Buy. When I went to Gamestop, the guy called a few other stores and he claimed that they leaked the sale too early and that they're planning on doing it for everyone closer to Black Friday.

[quote name='Invicta 61']When you guys do the price match at BB, do they check the stock at the nearest GS? I've heard of instances where they will match only if the local competition has the item available. I ask this because the nearest store that has Journey CE is about 25 miles away.[/QUOTE]
each best buy will probably be different, and it may also be different depending on who you get. the one i went to was real laid back, i just showed them a black & white print out of this http://www.gamestop.com/collection/...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-UkhRJbzVfc4JXIFptj0Zug and they matched it. the guy even said to the girl who i'm assuming was his manager/superior "it's a power up rewards deal" and she said "that's fine"

Was able to pricematch at best buy and got GOW, infamous, uncharted collection, and killzone trilogy plus I had a coupon for 3x the points! Screw gamestop for not sending me the coupon!

Just got back from Gamestop buying Ico/Shadow. God of War Saga, Ratchet, and Jak/Dex Collection. Sadly my God of War Saga didn't include the PSN+ voucher but called Sony and they want me to email a copy of my receipt and they will send me one.

Had to order Ico/Shadow online from the store since they only had a gutted copy and it will be shipped to my house for free (shipping is free that is).

[quote name='pun123']Made 3rd trip and grabbed God of War Saga..19.99
traded old GOW three

Origins...12.13
Collection...7.74
III......8.83

They paid me 8.71...............sweet deal, thnx.[/QUOTE]

I assume I can use the 50% trade in bonus and use the 50% off coupon. Is that what you did?

[quote name='PanzerDSS']Finally got the code and was able to get R&C Collection and J&D Collection for $25 in total. 6 games for $25![/QUOTE]

Still fucking nothing. GS you have 1 more day.

[quote name='jut22']I assume I can use the 50% trade in bonus and use the 50% off coupon. Is that what you did?[/QUOTE]

You are correct, did this with my copies of infamous and killzone also, came out with credit on all deals.

I need advice on something that's a bit indirectly related to this. I took advantage of the buy 2, get 2 free 1.99 PS2 games to get free shipping with the SOTC/Ico Collection and today when I received the PS2 games, they were all right except for one. Instead of receiving Guitar Hero Rock the 80s, they sent me Cabela Deer Hunt Season 2005.

Could I exchange this in store? If so, what would I need to bring in order for them to let me do the exchange.

Used my coupon today i got in the email, they gave me 50% more trade in credit + 50% off any sony hd collections, i traded in KOF13 PS3 + 3 The Last Stories for wii. I got Ratchet and Clank HD collection + Jak and Daxter Collection + 78 bucks in gamestop credit with the coupon + deals they had going on like trade 3 get 10 bucks. Then i sold R&C collection on craigslist for 25 which is exactly how much i paid for all 3 last stories from amazon. WIN WIN. Cant wait to try out Jak and Daxter, never player a single one of them.

everyone who missed out on the last story deal probably wants to kick you in the nuts right now. wish i knew that the code gave you an extra 50% tiv when i bought my games on sunday... oh well.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Used my coupon today i got in the email, they gave me 50% more trade in credit + 50% off any sony hd collections, i traded in KOF13 PS3 + 3 The Last Stories for wii. I got Ratchet and Clank HD collection + Jak and Daxter Collection + 78 bucks in gamestop credit with the coupon + deals they had going on like trade 3 get 10 bucks. Then i sold R&C collection on craigslist for 25 which is exactly how much i paid for all 3 last stories from amazon. WIN WIN. Cant wait to try out Jak and Daxter, never player a single one of them.[/QUOTE]

I went back to best buy and went to a cashier instead of customer service. The cashier had to call the cashier manager and they were both helpful and matched the price. I got GOW Saga and I&SotC. I thought about trying for Metal Gear Solid but I didn't want to push my luck.

I was able to get a price match on the two games. All it took was two trips to GS, two trips to BB, one trip to TRU, and one trip to target. So ya, YMMV.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Used my coupon today i got in the email, they gave me 50% more trade in credit + 50% off any sony hd collections, i traded in KOF13 PS3 + 3 The Last Stories for wii. I got Ratchet and Clank HD collection + Jak and Daxter Collection + 78 bucks in gamestop credit with the coupon + deals they had going on like trade 3 get 10 bucks. Then i sold R&C collection on craigslist for 25 which is exactly how much i paid for all 3 last stories from amazon. WIN WIN. Cant wait to try out Jak and Daxter, never player a single one of them.[/QUOTE]

Now that's some good CAGing

[quote name='technicalstylez']everyone who missed out on the last story deal probably wants to kick you in the nuts right now. wish i knew that the code gave you an extra 50% tiv when i bought my games on sunday... oh well.[/QUOTE]
You didn't need the code to get the extra 50% tiv. Just had to buy one of the qualifying games.

bread's done
Back