Gamestop Ps4 SONY BLACK FRIDAY WEEK live

I've heard on here that if you have more in trade credit then the item you wish to purchase you don't have to pay sales tax if paying in trade credit. Any truth to this? 

So very this. I can even do this one better, I took it in last night and they were going to take off nearly $50 because the rubber on the sticks was starting to peel off. Nevermind that she had tested the controller and it worked perfectly and she didn't notice the sticks until she was about to finalize the trade. I could see knocking off up to $5 for that, but $50? I decided to not take that offer
in my case, I was already at the store sunday. gs dude advised me to wait for the ad. oh well

I've heard on here that if you have more in trade credit then the item you wish to purchase you don't have to pay sales tax if paying in trade credit. Any truth to this?
Yes it's true, it just depends on what state you live in. In some states they will still charge sales tax when using store credit.

Edit: Ibacai beat me to the punch

Last edited by a moderator:
How long does it take gamestop to sort out botched orders?

My gift card has $7 but the website said that the gift card would be charged the whole $40.... So I havent recieved a code to redeem lol

I'll happily take the PS Plus code if the order successfully goes though but I have major doubts

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, that TIV drop on the og PS4 killed my motivation.  Here's to hoping for a holiday deal.

There are reports of 12 month ps plus going for $30 at GameStop if you buy the "digital" version at the counter? Can anyone here confirm? The two stores I've called said $39.99 but the people online are adamant

So very this. I can even do this one better, I took it in last night and they were going to take off nearly $50 because the rubber on the sticks was starting to peel off. Nevermind that she had tested the controller and it worked perfectly and she didn't notice the sticks until she was about to finalize the trade. I could see knocking off up to $5 for that, but $50? I decided to not take that offer
No one is going to buy a controller like that when they sell all their used controllers for the same price so they're definitely going to charge you more than $5.

There are reports of 12 month ps plus going for $30 at GameStop if you buy the "digital" version at the counter? Can anyone here confirm? The two stores I've called said $39.99 but the people online are adamant
I bought one last night. Brought the card to the counter. It rang up as 59.99. Employ recognized that there was a deal. He said he had a special barcode and that I did not need the card and showed me where the code printed on the reciept.

I would be skeptical of the $30 price unless you see a copy of the receipt.

I bought the code online using the $10 screwup code they gave me. Maybe that's how people are getting them for 29.99?

I'm not sure I'll ever PLAY TLoU, but I couldn't pass up that price. Heh.
probably one of the greatest games i've played in a long time.. def top 3 best games alongside final fantasy vii & gears of war !!

10 stars hands down.. incredible game. fantastic !! i stand by this game 100% #respect !!

I managed to place an order for the ps4 slim with $50 gc by not singing in and paying with paypal... 

The thing is, my account/address is banned by GS - have not been able to place any online order since they fucked up my order a few years back and I opened a paypal distribute and won. 

I'm thinking to go into local store tomorrow afternoon and if I can pick up the same deal in store, cancel my online order... but that might fuck up my rep with GS online even more if they ship my order early - order says it takes 1 business day to process order before shipment, and I am thinking perhaps tomorrow is not a business day?

Anyone know what is the window of opportunity for canceling online order, 24 hours?

bread's done
Back