Gamestop Ps4 SONY BLACK FRIDAY WEEK live

Just got finished with my trades. Did the COD code (30%) + PUR Elite (20%) for 50% boost. Got $36 credit for each of my black PS4 dualshocks and spent $39.99 each for my new controllers (crystal for me, blue for my daughter). Was trading lots of games anyway, was a no brainer to trade in my old controllers for brand new ones at this price.
What's this COD code (30%) CAGs keep referencing? I've look on Gamestop's website and don't see it mentioned anywhere.

What's this COD code (30%) CAGs keep referencing? I've look on Gamestop's website and don't see it mentioned anywhere.
Text GAMESTOP30 to 46787 and then reply with CONFIRM and you'll get sent a code for an additional 30% trade bonus on all games and accessories when you buy Call of Duty WW2. This stacks with your PUR Pro or Elite bonus (10/20%), so you'll end up with 50% bonus on your trades if you're Elite. Expires 11/30. Make sure when the associate types in your unique code they include the dash mark or it won't work.

Yes, you have to buy a $60 game. However you are within the holiday return window if you don't open it and decide you don't want it.....just saying. Asking for a gift receipt might help with that if you decide you want to return it....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh I wanna trade my ps4 so bad I'm wicked worried the trade value is gonna drop but I don't want to do it until I transfer to my new one.

Do trade values change randomly any day, or is it always a specific day of the week?

Text GAMESTOP30 to 46787 and then reply with CONFIRM and you'll get sent a code for an additional 30% trade bonus on all games and accessories when you buy Call of Duty WW2. This stacks with your PUR Pro or Elite bonus (10/20%), so you'll end up with 50% bonus on your trades if you're Elite. Expires 11/30. Make sure when the associate types in your unique code they include the dash mark or it won't work.

Yes, you have to buy a $60 game. However you are within the holiday return window if you don't open it and decide you don't want it.....just saying. Asking for a gift receipt might help with that if you decide you want to return it....
Thanks, appreciate it! I have no idea how I missed this. Elite there too.

True but it looks like it will be $50 on Black Friday. I'll use this promo to trade in some controllers, pick up new ones and to hook up a friend w/ COD: WWII.

Ugh I wanna trade my ps4 so bad I'm wicked worried the trade value is gonna drop but I don't want to do it until I transfer to my new one.

Do trade values change randomly any day, or is it always a specific day of the week?
same here. I actually already brought my ps4 to gs to trade but the gs employee advised me to wait till the bf ads come out as there might be a bonus trade in

You can transfer all your data to a thumb drive FYI. If you're paranoid that it might not work and rather wait until it's done, then I can definitely understand that (because I'm the same way). When I had to do it, the transfer went off flawlessly for myself and my GF from two different systems (PS4 to Pro) via thumb drive if that gives you any reassurance.

Th $10 "im sorry we cancelled your order" codes stack with this prices. Gonna wait for the full stuff to go live on BF to use mine tho.
This. Hopefully we don't have a case of "GameStop gonna GameStop" and the coupons expire right before all the sales go live later this week. Afaik, there is no specific expiration for the coupons, so I'm getting antsy.

Considering trading my PS4 slim 500 for the 1 TB when the $50 gift card is live. Anyone know how likely it is most GameStops will be sold out of them by then?

You can transfer all your data to a thumb drive FYI. If you're paranoid that it might not work and rather wait until it's done, then I can definitely understand that (because I'm the same way). When I had to do it, the transfer went off flawlessly for myself and my GF from two different systems (PS4 to Pro) via thumb drive if that gives you any reassurance.
Much appreciated! I may do that... I'm just worried because it makes it look so easy to switch the master account and stuff over too. And being without a ps4 for 4 days also scares me, even if mine is sketchy haha.

But you've given me a lot to consider. It'll make buying the new ps4 a lot easier on my wallet too!

Considering trading my PS4 slim 500 for the 1 TB when the $50 gift card is live. Anyone know how likely it is most GameStops will be sold out of them by then?
I have shit ton of gamestop credit so Im planning on buying 3 PS4 (two for me, one for my brother) and then trading in my old slims sometime after. I have a feeling I can get more than 140 if I wait it out...

I only no one person that could you exact stock numbers for any gamestop retail location.

Your best bet is to call the night before and see how many are in stock at your planned location. Reports of last year's BF indicate that lines were minimal compared with other major retailers - best buy, target, and walmart. Reportedly 30 - 60 minutes before opening got you somewhere arpund 5th in line. You may also may also want to check other locations nearby as alternatives.

I only no one person that could you exact stock numbers for any gamestop retail location.

Your best bet is to call the night before and see how many are in stock at your planned location. Reports of last year's BF indicate that lines were minimal compared with other major retailers - best buy, target, and walmart. Reportedly 30 - 60 minutes before opening got you somewhere arpund 5th in line. You may also may also want to check other locations nearby as alternatives.
Good idea. Still sounds like the safest thing to do is to order it online. Do they have store pickup as an option so I don't have to pay for shipping?

Good idea. Still sounds like the safest thing to do is to order it online. Do they have store pickup as an option so I don't have to pay for shipping?
Normally you can request an instore hold online or thru the app. But those are only good until close. Good luck with that on BF.

Shipping should be free if you're a PUR elite member, but I don't think it will be free if you're pro or basic.

Traded in my old ps4 im kinda afraid the value will tank,employee also told me there will be no trade in bonuses on back friday.

I bet that the $130 trade in for the system will be down when that deal is live. You should just trade in system now and then use the credit to buy the new console Thursday.

I bet that the $130 trade in for the system will be down when that deal is live. You should just trade in system now and then use the credit to buy the new console Thursday.
I'd rather be safe and wait. Don't really need a new PS4 since I do have a 500 GB Slim, but would be nice to have more space at a cheap price. I really want that gift card though. I bet a similar deal will come around again soon. But, if the trade value tanks.. then I will just stick with what I have.

Won't be anywhere near a gamestop on Thursday or Friday. Don't want to trade in my ps4 and not get the deal.

Might just trade in og 500gb for $130 and pay $70 for ps4 slim now.

Does anyone think there will be a good tradein offer on a slim for a pro again that will give you almost all or more than $199 back, or does this sale mark the end of those times?  Not much downside at $199.

Does anyone think there will be a good tradein offer on a slim for a pro again that will give you almost all or more than $199 back, or does this sale mark the end of those times? Not much downside at $199.
Good times are over. Now is the console end of life price wars.

Traded in my old PS4 for a slim, and the GS employee said he’d do an adjustment on Thursday so I can get the GC. Ymmv obviously but worth asking if you have a cool staff member in your local store.

Traded in my old PS4 for a slim, and the GS employee said he’d do an adjustment on Thursday so I can get the GC. Ymmv obviously but worth asking if you have a cool staff member in your local store.
Cool... I am gonna go into my favorite store and ask if they can do this before taking the console in.

OG PS4 dropped to $110 this morning already.
I had convinced myself to do it today too. What fucking bullshit. Oh well I'll hold onto it.

I wish I could get them to do that adjustment for me but I definitely don't see it happening for me. I'm gonna be all kinds of pissed if I go there Thursday and they don't have any slims.

Great idea on trading in the older controllers.  Traded in my oldest controller for a Crystal controller for ~$18 out of pocket.

So I am preparing in case I do indeed trade in my PS4.  I saved my game data on an 8GB USB flash drive... what else should I be saving on there?  Can I save videos, screenshots, etc?

They did not ask for it. I know it is required for console trade, but I guess not for single controllers.
It shouldn't be. They don't come with a cable. Just instructions to use the one that came with the PS4 to sync it.

did they ask for the usb cable?
No

Has anyone traded in a black controller? They have two listings online. The one with a picture of the controller is a penny And another one for $24 with no image.

Traded in my blue for a crystal one, thinking of maybe traded in my black and buying a red transparent one from Best buy.

I traded in an old black controller last night and received the $24 price.  The app shows the $24 price.  On the website it was showing $.01.

especially if you already formatted your ps4 and have it in the bag to trade arggh
So very this. I can even do this one better, I took it in last night and they were going to take off nearly $50 because the rubber on the sticks was starting to peel off. Nevermind that she had tested the controller and it worked perfectly and she didn't notice the sticks until she was about to finalize the trade. I could see knocking off up to $5 for that, but $50? I decided to not take that offer

bread's done
Back