Gamestop PUR - $10 Off Any One Pre-Owned Game Priced $19.99 And Up for 2000 points

Mugatu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
https://www.poweruprewards.com/Rewa...t/Yq9fn2N3taxfAyZjPETOX7xpAjOAnAkPAp7UiVxyA==

$10 Off Any One Pre-Owned Game Priced $19.99 And Up
Pick up the pre-owned games you want for less! With this coupon, you’ll save $10 on any one pre-owned game that is regularly priced $19.99 or higher. Hurry, this coupon is only available from 6/11 through 6/24. Don’t miss out on this extremely limited time offer. Redeem yours now for only 2,000 points.

Seems like a pretty good deal if you have some points just sitting around. Mind the expiration date, through 6/24 only.

[quote name='Caoz']LOL most likely. English is not my first language. But looking at the meaning of the term I think it could apply.

Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud, most commonly used in retail sales but also applicable to other contexts. First, customers are "baited" by advertising for a product or service at a low price; second, the customers discover that the advertised good is not available and are "switched" to a costlier product.

I took the bait because I bought a couple of coupons before I actually checked if there were any games I wanted to buy. I ended up buying ME3 for 17 which was a good deal but I actually wanted to get something for 10.

In any case I appreciate your correction. Better to be corrected than to keep using the term incorrectly.[/QUOTE]

It's not bait and switch at all because you as the consumer had the choice of what order you did those things. Just because you didn't check the price of the game you want first doesn't mean that's fraud or deception or anything close to that on Gamestop's part.

Gamestop didn't change any prices. If they had advertised games for a certain price, and showed them in stock on your website, then when you went in you not only found out that the games were cheaper but also completely out of stock, and THEN the employee tried to get you to use the coupon (that you already bought yourself first, mind you) on a more expensive game...then that would be bait and switch.

Let's see, if there was ever any doubt, I have used 4 coupons on 4 different transactions.

Borderlands GOTY PS3 - $13
Child of Eden PS3 - $13
Lollipop Chainsaw PS3 - $40
Binary Domain PS3 - $35

I know I could wait on a couple of those, but really, with the GS credit, I don't care too much.

Thinking I might pick up Starfox 3DS with another coupon today.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Yeah 250 to link and the Badge of the day is usually 6 or 17 points depending on the difficulty of the in-game achievement. Easy points IMO.[/QUOTE]

I just signed up at Kongregate and when I linked to my PUR account, I was actually given 275 points.:whistle2:s

[quote name='Sevver']I never have any problems here. Half of the time I can just show them my coupon on my iPad or phone and they will put the code in for me. Half of the time I have to tell them about the coupons that are on PUR. Like when I traded in an iPhone for 50% extra credit back around christmas :)

Anyway, already picked up Heavy Rain, going back today to get Uncharted 2... yea, i am a bad person who has never played it :oops:[/QUOTE]

Fyi uncharted 2 is on sale this week at Best Buy for $10 used. Just have them price match their website.

[quote name='major morgan']I just signed up at Kongregate and when I linked to my PUR account, I was actually given 275 points.:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Me too! The turtle game is the badge of the day and you have to hit spacebar to swing and 's' to 'buy' upgrades from the store (This is in game cash that you earn).

I have a feeling it is 250 for regular rewards members and 275 for pro members.

Lol...does anyone else almost always feel hussled with Gamestop deals, btw? They always sound at least a little bit better than they are, and I'm always left feeling like there's someone behind the scenes trying to figure out how to tip the scales in Gamestop's favor...like saying "well, we want to sell more used games over $20, so we'll sell PUR members a $10 off certificate for 2000 points. But wait, if we take the coupon off before the 10%, it's really an $8 off coupon. And we'll make sure to slightly lower the price of all the games we don't want people to buy with the coupon." Cue maniacal laughter.

[quote name='Caoz']

In any case I appreciate your correction. Better to be corrected than to keep using the term incorrectly.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I'm sorry, the line I used was a Princess Bride reference. If you haven't seen the movie, one person kept using the word "inconceivable" incorrectly. Finally Montoya says to him "you keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means". It wasn't a reflection on how you wrote, but on the bait and switch accusation. It seems to be a running gag on this forum when someone brings it up.
As mentioned above, Gamestop didn't specify any specific game in the promo, just the prices. Any game $19.99 and up is eligible. Bait and switch doesn't really apply here.

[quote name='Earendil_aod']Borderlands GOTY PS3 - $13[/QUOTE]

How did you get to $13 for the GOTY version?

GS.com shows $28 used base price. Minus $10 for coupon ($18) minus 10% PUR (1.80) gets it to $16.xx. Was it on sale at some point or is my calculation off?

[quote name='MR_E']Lol...does anyone else almost always feel hussled with Gamestop deals, btw? They always sound at least a little bit better than they are, and I'm always left feeling like there's someone behind the scenes trying to figure out how to tip the scales in Gamestop's favor...like saying "well, we want to sell more used games over $20, so we'll sell PUR members a $10 off certificate for 2000 points. But wait, if we take the coupon off before the 10%, it's really an $8 off coupon. And we'll make sure to slightly lower the price of all the games we don't want people to buy with the coupon." Cue maniacal laughter.[/QUOTE]

maybe not maniacal laughter, but they are clearly locked into a pretty specific rhythm of (exploiting) consumer patterns.

the cycle between B2G1 (and other sales) AND various trade bonuses ensure that people think they are 'winning' the game by buying and selling. the catch is ending up buying games you wouldnt have otherwise (B2G1) and trading in games you thought about keeping (trade bonuses).

I've done both, and this gets me in the door, spending money, etc. I had a run last year buying cheap on amazon, using trade bonuses at Gamestop, and buying PSN cards to get DL games, but i was still spending money in an overall system. (i.e. we aren't putting GS out of business anytime soon, no matter how clever we are with flips...lol)

not to say you cant exploit their system to flip or at least spend less on games, but for the average consumer? takes too much time to save $5-20 at a time.
(also, most people are bad at math)

[quote name='shivan128']anyone play touch my katamari enough to give feedback about it?[/QUOTE]

It's short, about 1/3 of the levels are dlc. That being said it's good for a portable fix. The only real new gimmick is that you can squish/stretch your katamari with the back touch pad.

Oh, and it doesn't have a platinum trophy.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Lol, I'm sorry, the line I used was a Princess Bride reference. If you haven't seen the movie, one person kept using the word "inconceivable" incorrectly. Finally Montoya says to him "you keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means". It wasn't a reflection on how you wrote, but on the bait and switch accusation. It seems to be a running gag on this forum when someone brings it up.
As mentioned above, Gamestop didn't specify any specific game in the promo, just the prices. Any game $19.99 and up is eligible. Bait and switch doesn't really apply here.[/QUOTE]

kitsunisan - A few posts after your post I actually said "That's inconceivable." but I don't think anyone really picked up on it.

I am mainly looking for Nippon Icchi and Atlus rpgs on ps3. was hoping to find some used that I didnt have. One store had nothng I wanted. Another store I went to had Cross edge for 19.99 which I still need and Way of the Samurai 3 for 360 for $24.99. Been wanting to get that cheap...so got both of those...for under $25 after coupons and Edge card. :)

Still have 1 coupon left and one location to check. Almost used it on Kinectimals but I figured I could get that cheap later more then likely.

[quote name='bob330i']How did you get to $13 for the GOTY version?

GS.com shows $28 used base price. Minus $10 for coupon ($18) minus 10% PUR (1.80) gets it to $16.xx. Was it on sale at some point or is my calculation off?[/QUOTE]

Your calculation was off. Base is $27.99 (-10% PUR = $2.79) - $10 coupon. Still $15.xx + tax. Not sure how he got it for $13.

[quote name='sasukekun']Your calculation was off. Base is $27.99 (-10% PUR = $2.79) - $10 coupon. Still $15.xx + tax. Not sure how he got it for $13.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I did the PUR post coupon because I thought I saw earlier posts that the coupon applies first, then the PUR is taken off post coupon price which was $18 ($1.80).

Anyhow, seems like a typo or a miscalculation at $13. thx

I swear every good $19.99 game has been picked clean where I live. I wanted to see if I could grab something on the cheap but according to GS.com, every game is either under the $19.99 mark or out of stock :lol:

Just grabbed this, thanks!

Off Topic: Saw Final Fantasy XIII-2 For $20 new. Did not know if there is a topic about it but for regular price of $50, this is a great deal.

This was an awesome deal with this coupon. In separate trips, I picked up:

Atelier Rorona + 2 other games
Atelier Totori +2 other games

I got the 20% discount added in conjunction with the $10 off coupon and then took the 4 non-Atelier games to trade into BB. When factoring my cost of the two Atelier games, I actually ended up with 2 games and still "making" $1.xx and converted GS credit to BB in the process.

[quote name='bob330i']Ok, I did the PUR post coupon because I thought I saw earlier posts that the coupon applies first, then the PUR is taken off post coupon price which was $18 ($1.80).

Anyhow, seems like a typo or a miscalculation at $13. thx[/QUOTE]

It should be PUR first. The POS system we use is weird with coupons sometimes.

Picked up Halo CE Anniversary and Devil May Cry HD Collection for ~$20 each.

This is what I did
Transaction 1:
.99 game
+.99 game
+Devil May Cry HD 34.99
-$10 coupon
-10% PUR Pro discount
-10% promo (buy 3 pre owned get an extra 10%)
= ~$22 total - $1.98 for returning the 2 .99 games

Transaction 2:
Repeat

[quote name='KtMack23']Never buy anything cart only.[/QUOTE]

I've learned that well with discs, but I figured I would trade it in again when I'm done with it. Besides, I'd get $23.10 for it from Best Buy after I get bored with the game.

[quote name='KtMack23']Never buy anything cart only.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's nice and all, but there's nothing inside these vita cases, except for the cart.:roll:
There was a time when these things were appreciated, but I guess to keep costs down, you get nothing but a cartridge for your $40-$50. Now, you get lucky if you get an insert letting you know that there's an 'in game' tutorial.

[quote name='dragonjud']Well, that's nice and all, but there's nothing inside these vita cases, except for the cart.:roll:
There was a time when these things were appreciated, but I guess to keep costs down, you get nothing but a cartridge for your $40-$50. Now, you get lucky if you get an insert letting you know that there's an 'in game' tutorial.[/QUOTE]Don't forget about the online pass slips for some games (e.g., Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational). I know GS prints out the online pass for MLB 12: The Show on the receipt, but I don't know if that applies to all Vita games with online passes.

[quote name='Cocojames333']Anything good for the 360 priced between $19.99 and $24.99?[/QUOTE]

Should just sort by price on Gamestop.com

Here's the thing. What if it's a limited print game for the DS or something that you can't buy new and used pricing is close to $50 for a complete thing from third party Amazon sellers and stuff. It's suggested that I pass it up at GS for about $15 just because it's only the cartridge? Even if I just want to play the game?

I prefer having the case and manual as much as the next person, but I don't see a reason to be so picky if that's the only (legal) way to play it.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Link you PUR account w/ Kongregate and you get 250 points....

Already linked? Complete the Badge of the day and you'll get the points you need.

Once completed, the points post in about 10 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for this tip! Free 250 points is always good with me.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Great, my printer picks this week to break.

Anyway I can redeem 2 coupons in store?[/QUOTE]

Just write down the code on it. It should start with EBC

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PSVita) What are the chances picking this game up for $15 by the time the white PSVita bundle comes out?
Resonance of Fate (PS3) I looked it up after a few of you mentioned it and I kind of feel like checking it out.
Valkyrie Chronicle (PS3) I have a hankering to replay this game
Gears of War Triple Pack (360) I kind of want to buy this for the sole fact that I have GOW3 and haven't played it yet
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition (PS3) I was actually going to buy it on Amazon but decided to save my amazon credit to buy a vita eventually.
Heavy Rain Director's Cut (PS3) I haven't played this and I've been meaning to get this ever since it came out.

I used my credit and a coupon to get prototype 2. I had so many shooters for my 360 so I wanted something differint. I love that I can grab someone by the head, run up a building with him and then throw him off the roof and have him bouncing around other buildings like I'm skimming a rock on a lake lmao

[quote name='yruluis']If you renew, do you get a b2g1 coupon?[/QUOTE]

yup. my year ends soon, so i might renew. Honestly thats the only reason i do so. I dont trade in games at GS anymore and I havent bought anything from them in months now

bread's done
Back