Gamestop PUR - $10 Off Any One Pre-Owned Game Priced $19.99 And Up for 2000 points

Mugatu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
https://www.poweruprewards.com/Rewa...t/Yq9fn2N3taxfAyZjPETOX7xpAjOAnAkPAp7UiVxyA==

$10 Off Any One Pre-Owned Game Priced $19.99 And Up
Pick up the pre-owned games you want for less! With this coupon, you’ll save $10 on any one pre-owned game that is regularly priced $19.99 or higher. Hurry, this coupon is only available from 6/11 through 6/24. Don’t miss out on this extremely limited time offer. Redeem yours now for only 2,000 points.

Seems like a pretty good deal if you have some points just sitting around. Mind the expiration date, through 6/24 only.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Can't tell if your serious or messing around? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Haha...serious. I haven't played SSB since the 64 days and I was a kid then. I had heard mixed things bout Brawl.

Also is the coupon still valid? I can't find it...

Oh. Yeah you have till sunday to use it. As for brawl its fun. I too only played the n64 one ( Didnt have a gamecube, so I never owned Melee, did play it though) the story mode is long as hell. Im still stuck on the last lvl. Um the roster is huge and every fighter is different. Oh 1 more thing, def. have a gamecube or wired controller cause its pretty hard to play with only the wii controller, but yeah if you have friends over, or if you have kids this game is a MUST for your wii library.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Oh. Yeah you have till sunday to use it. As for brawl its fun. I too only played the n64 one ( Didnt have a gamecube, so I never owned Melee, did play it though) the story mode is long as hell. Im still stuck on the last lvl. Um the roster is huge and every fighter is different. Oh 1 more thing, def. have a gamecube or wired controller cause its pretty hard to play with only the wii controller, but yeah if you have friends over, or if you have kids this game is a MUST for your wii library.[/QUOTE]

I have a classic controller :)

I mean I can't find the coupon on the PUR website...is it still available to purchase? I have 7000 points

I believe you can also use the Gamestop app to redeem coupons without printing them.

I think it just came out for Android (I only noticed it earlier in the week) and I remember it saying you can do this in the description.

[quote name='plus1zero']I have a classic controller :)

I mean I can't find the coupon on the PUR website...is it still available to purchase? I have 7000 points[/QUOTE]

oh nah bro. It already ended. I thought you already had one and didnt use it yet. Paying $25 for a sued copy aint bad. Maybe flip some games to lower the price. I paid $45 for my copy last year and it was well worth it, but then I didnt have a backlog like I do now (Thanks CAG :roll:)

[quote name='Mugatu']I believe you can also use the Gamestop app to redeem coupons without printing them.

I think it just came out for Android (I only noticed it earlier in the week) and I remember it saying you can do this in the description.[/QUOTE]

even better. thanks for the info.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']even better. thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

You also get bonus points for checking in to Gamestop stores - but it's only 5 points LOL.

[quote name='Mugatu']You also get bonus points for checking in to Gamestop stores - but it's only 5 points LOL.[/QUOTE]

Is this a smartphone thing? I have an old flip phone. Do you know if there is another way to do it?

Dang it, I read the expiration date as 6/24 and thought I could get the coupon through then, but as it was the steal of the week, it is gone. Plus side is that I won't spend $24 on Resistance for the Vita. (Although with the game length and the current $24 trade-in at BB, I was basically getting it for free).

Anybody want to trade a Lego batman 2 villians pack code or other 2000 point reward for a coupon? PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slowdive21']Is this a smartphone thing? I have an old flip phone. Do you know if there is another way to do it?[/QUOTE]

I think so, unless you can do it from their mobile site or something (which I doubt). not even sure if they have an iOS or Windows Mobile app, I just saw the android one this week.

It's only 5 points but my house is close enough to a store (within 2 miles) that I can check in from my bathroom.

Well today marks the last time GS will get my business.

RHK, you asked for an update so here goes...

So I traded a 5 off preowned code for RHK's 10 off 19.99, I picked up SSBB, no problems. Went up and gave it to the guy, told him I had a code for 10 off.

I gave him my PUR card then told him I had the code on my phone, he asked to see it, sure. He looks at the site (CAG) and looks at it like it's some fishy site. I told him it was legit, that my "buddy" had sent it to me and I had sent him one of my codes. He calls it in to see if it's okay to use, I can tell they said sure it was fine, but he says 'oh they said no, but I'll try it anyway.'

Not surprising, it works. He then asks for my ID, I gave it to him and he pulls a big book out and starts to write stuff down, I said what are you doing? He said well that's not YOUR code, so when someone else tries to use it..I said no, you're not taking down my information. He says okay, then rings it up full price, I said you're not giving me the code even though it works? He said it's not yours buddy. I said then I'm not buying it, someone else will get my business,you're accusing me of lying and I give you guys tons of money, that's a legit code. Then walked out when he slammed something down.

yeah, don't appreciate that at all. Those codes can be used once. It's not like someone would be posting it for someone to steal and it last that long, more or less I felt like a criminal. That's the straw that broke the camel's back. Seriously, screw GS. I would call that in if I knew who to call.

[quote name='plus1zero']Well today marks the last time GS will get my business.

So I traded a 5 off preowned code for RHK's 10 off 19.99, I picked up SSBB, no problems. Went up and gave it to the guy, told him I had a code for 10 off.

I gave him my PUR card then told him I had the code on my phone, he asked to see it, sure. He looks at the site (CAG) and looks at it like it's some fishy site. I told him it was legit, that my "buddy" had sent it to me and I had sent him one of my codes. He calls it in to see if it's okay to use, I can tell they said sure it was fine, but he says 'oh they said no, but I'll try it anyway.'

Not surprising, it works. He then asks for my ID, I gave it to him and he pulls a big book out and starts to write stuff down, I said what are you doing? He said well that's not YOUR code, so when someone else tries to use it..I said no, you're not taking down my information. He says okay, then rings it up full price, I said you're not giving me the code even though it works? He said it's not yours buddy. I said then I'm not buying it, someone else will get my business,you're accusing me of lying and I give you guys tons of money, that's a legit code. Then walked out when he slammed something down.

yeah, don't appreciate that at all. Those codes can be used once. It's not like someone would be posting it for someone to steal and it last that long, more or less I felt like a criminal. That's the straw that broke the camel's back. Seriously, screw GS. I would call that in if I knew who to call.[/QUOTE]

Why not just take a piece of paper and write down the code on that and go just like that? No suspicious fishiness or anything; just say your printer wasn't working or whatever you want to that seems legit.

[quote name='ProAnon']Why not just take a piece of paper and write down the code on that and go just like that? No suspicious fishiness or anything; just say your printer wasn't working or whatever you want to that seems legit.[/QUOTE]

Prolly would've worked and been less suspicious, but still...I was being totally honest.

Dark Souls dropped to $24.99 so I'll at least use one of my coupons on that. Might pick up Syndicate too since that dropped.

[quote name='plus1zero']Well today marks the last time GS will get my business.

yeah, don't appreciate that at all. Those codes can be used once. It's not like someone would be posting it for someone to steal and it last that long, more or less I felt like a criminal. That's the straw that broke the camel's back. Seriously, screw GS. I would call that in if I knew who to call.[/QUOTE]

I would've done the same as the employee if I didnt know what CAG was. You'd be surprised how many people try to pull shady stuff like that all the time. I'm not saying you're shady, but you could've gone about telling him the code a better way. Like writing it down on a piece of paper as stated before.

[quote name='prayformojo']Dang it, I read the expiration date as 6/24 and thought I could get the coupon through then, but as it was the steal of the week, it is gone. Plus side is that I won't spend $24 on Resistance for the Vita. (Although with the game length and the current $24 trade-in at BB, I was basically getting it for free).

Anybody want to trade a Lego batman 2 villians pack code or other 2000 point reward for a coupon? PM me.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure i have like 2500 pts, if ur lookin to trade the $10 coupon for the lego batman 2000 pt thing. let me know.

I've picked up Dirt 3 Complete, Xenoblade Chronicles, Rayman origins, The World Ends with You, and DBZ Attack of the Saiyans with the coupons. There's still more games I wanna get but I was too late getting more coupons so if anybody wants to trade their coupons, send me a PM. I'd be willing to make a trade for another 2000 point reward, some extra game codes I have lying around (ask and I'll see what I have), or maybe even Paypal.

[quote name='sasukekun']I would've done the same as the employee if I didnt know what CAG was. You'd be surprised how many people try to pull shady stuff like that all the time. I'm not saying you're shady, but you could've gone about telling him the code a better way. Like writing it down on a piece of paper as stated before.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Not the employee's fault. People expect way too much. They have to follow SOME rules, it's their job that they probably don't want to lose. Showing someone some random code off some random site would raise a red flag in any business.

[quote name='GLiMpZe']pretty sure i have like 2500 pts, if ur lookin to trade the $10 coupon for the lego batman 2000 pt thing. let me know.[/QUOTE]

Nah, other way around, looking to trade for a coupon, I missed the cut-off yesterday. Figured I could redeem for another reward if someone was looking to unload a coupon.

[quote name='sasukekun']I would've done the same as the employee if I didnt know what CAG was. You'd be surprised how many people try to pull shady stuff like that all the time. I'm not saying you're shady, but you could've gone about telling him the code a better way. Like writing it down on a piece of paper as stated before.[/QUOTE]
I don't see why you wouldn't still do this anyway. If he didn't ring it up, the code still hasn't been used. I'd write it down and then go to another store. If this guy truly suspects you and called around to the other stores in the area, mention that you got hassled by him and calmly explain what happened. You'd be surprised how many people working at one store hate the employees of another store.

I'm on both sides of this story. I agree that the employee had every right to be suspicious, but he certainly should have handled that situation far differently. Taking down your information, denying you use of your coupon on the purchase, both of these are things that he should have told you about before actually doing them. All he needed to say was a simple "They said that I can take the coupon, but to be safe we'll need to copy down your address in case there's a problem," and "Well, if you aren't willing to do this, then I won't be able to let you use the coupon." Slamming things down on the counter is an obvious issue as well.

edit: I was excited about Dark Souls, until I found out it was only the 360 version that dropped to $24.99

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I don't see why you wouldn't still do this anyway. If he didn't ring it up, the code still hasn't been used. I'd write it down and then go to another store. If this guy truly suspects you and called around to the other stores in the area, mention that you got hassled by him and calmly explain what happened. You'd be surprised how many people working at one store hate the employees of another store.

I'm on both sides of this story. I agree that the employee had every right to be suspicious, but he certainly should have handled that situation far differently. Taking down your information, denying you use of your coupon on the purchase, both of these are things that he should have told you about before actually doing them. All he needed to say was a simple "They said that I can take the coupon, but to be safe we'll need to copy down your address in case there's a problem," and "Well, if you aren't willing to do this, then I won't be able to let you use the coupon." Slamming things down on the counter is an obvious issue as well.

edit: I was excited about Dark Souls, until I found out it was only the 360 version that dropped to $24.99[/QUOTE]

Or call the district manager, explain nicely what happened and say you didn't appreciate being made to feel like you were doing something illegal or suspicious when you genuinely were just trying to use a code that was given to you from a friend. Complain more about the treatment from the employee than whether you were allowed to use the code, make it about the person. They'll listen...you can ALWAYS just threaten to keep going higher up the ladder. It's not a hassle they want to deal with, and from what I've experienced the district managers do care about keeping their employees held to a certain stardard of retail etiquette.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Or call the district manager, explain nicely what happened and say you didn't appreciate being made to feel like you were doing something illegal or suspicious when you genuinely were just trying to use a code that was given to you from a friend. Complain more about the treatment from the employee than whether you were allowed to use the code, make it about the person. They'll listen...you can ALWAYS just threaten to keep going higher up the ladder. It's not a hassle they want to deal with, and from what I've experienced the district managers do care about keeping their employees held to a certain stardard of retail etiquette.[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea...how would I get in touch with a DM?

[quote name='acsguitar']So I have 2200 points or something ..I've never used the PUR codes before. How do I get this code? is it too late?

Dang[/QUOTE]

Yes, you're a day too late. They pulled it today/last night.

There's some website where you can report a gamestop problem. It goes right down to the specific salesperson. I'll try to find a link if nobody else knows what I mean.

[quote name='ShockandAww']There's some website where you can report a gamestop problem. It goes right down to the specific salesperson. I'll try to find a link if nobody else knows what I mean.[/QUOTE]

Its on the bottom of any gamestop receipt

[quote name='KtMack23']Its on the bottom of any gamestop receipt[/QUOTE]
Yeah cant really find it but I think thats right. Just go to that link and report your issue.

[quote name='technolover']I got 2 more coupons left, couldnt find the games i wanted so yea if anyone wants them let me know[/QUOTE]

I could use one. I have the points but i thought i had until the 24th for this deal. Looks like u can't get the coupon anymore

[quote name='sgr76']I could use one. I have the points but i thought i had until the 24th for this deal. Looks like u can't get the coupon anymore[/QUOTE]

Ya, what is up with that? I thought we still had time to redeem for it?? Time to read back pages to find out whats up

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Ya, what is up with that? I thought we still had time to redeem for it?? Time to read back pages to find out whats up[/QUOTE]

It was clear. You had until the 17th to purchase(w/ points) the coupon. You could use the coupon until the 24th. Some people never read the wording of the coupon, and the OP left out that information. Plus it actually stayed active until the 18th for purchase which caused more confusion.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Ya, what is up with that? I thought we still had time to redeem for it?? Time to read back pages to find out whats up[/QUOTE]

The coupon was only available on the PUR site until the 17th, while it doesn't expire until the 24th. It was only the steal of the week. There's a new SOTW up now.

If anyone has an extra $20 off coupon, I have an unused online pass code for Uncharted 3 (and also about 2300 useless PUR points)...

I also seem to have one for Mass Effect 3 (PS3)...

And Mortal Kombat (PS3)...

[quote name='Tsel']The coupon was only available on the PUR site until the 17th, while it doesn't expire until the 24th. It was only the steal of the week. There's a new SOTW up now.[/QUOTE]

Blah @ 20% off. That last one was like 50% off lol

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']It was clear. You had until the 17th to purchase(w/ points) the coupon. You could use the coupon until the 24th. Some people never read the wording of the coupon, and the OP left out that information. Plus it actually stayed active until the 18th for purchase which caused more confusion.[/QUOTE]
Wow dude, you are a dick (unless I am misreading what your intentions). It may have been clear, but as you said that notation is not in the OP. I'm sorry I can't remember every single expiration date in the world for everything and that sometimes I mix dates up. You don't have to go making assumptions that I am just some typical fool who blindly sees deals without reading further.

EDIT: After re-reading a few times, I think maybe I misunderstood your wording; left my possible over-reaction there in case its not (and you were a dick) and just for full disclosure.

@Tsel Thanks for the much more civil and simple response.

Well if anyone has a coupon that they don't use, I'll put my name in the hat for one.

[quote name='technolover']I got 2 more coupons left, couldnt find the games i wanted so yea if anyone wants them let me know[/QUOTE]

I could also use one I sent you a PM. Thought I could buy it through the 24th. Thanks

This thread should be closed. The deal has been dead for a couple days now and its just misleading clicking the topic and seeing you can't get the deal anymore.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']It was clear. You had until the 17th to purchase(w/ points) the coupon. You could use the coupon until the 24th. Some people never read the wording of the coupon, and the OP left out that information. Plus it actually stayed active until the 18th for purchase which caused more confusion.[/QUOTE]

I just went by what was listed in the OP.

I used one last week and was going to print off another one. I didn't really remember what the coupon said, I've slept since last week.

Actually my post should convey the confusion people had with this deal. You had to follow it closely because the OP left out important information. It basically says you can redeem the coupon until the 24th. Well the average person would say "hey I can redeem my points for the coupon until the 24th," which we know is not true. It's also not completely the OP's fault because GS used the shitty semantics for this deal in the first place. However leaving out you had to redeem the points by the 17th was not mentioned until the 18th post in this thread. Plus if you read through the thread you'll see a lot of people too lazy even to read the coupon which was easily accessible. It's their own fault if they missed the deal. Everyone confused since 18th should be pissed this thread hasn't had the OP modified to show it has expired.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Is that really Quake 4 in this week's weekly ad?[/QUOTE]

yup. If Im correct Im sure there making a newer version, but GS must think were REALLY fuckING STUPID to think that's the newer version.

*sigh* With NGS+ out of my reach, I'm going to have a coupon left after (hopefully) grabbing Gravity Rush tomorrow, but should I hold out for a complete Pokemon Conquest before the coupon expires, get Shinobido 2, or find something else? :whistle2:k

[quote name='Royal High Knight']yup. If Im correct Im sure there making a newer version, but GS must think were REALLY fuckING STUPID to think that's the newer version.[/QUOTE]

It recently got a reprint. If the game is sealed and cost $20 then it's the reprint.

https://www.geek.com/articles/games/quake-4-to-be-re-released-on-xbox-360-20120411/

bread's done
Back