Star Fox Assault- $19.99
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes- $24.99
Pikmin 2- $24.99
Lego Star Wars 2- $24.99!
Mario Party 5- $39.99
Pokemon Colluseum and Pokemon XD- $29.99 each
Kirby Air Ride- $24.99
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour- $19.99

Gamestop updated their prices last night and now these are the prices for the used copies. It's utterly disgusting that they're are marking them up this high and sometimes over the MSRP for new copies.

I can't understand why they're raising them this high. Most of these don't even go for that much on Ebay.

Mario Kart for 39.99?! I'm pretty sure I can walk into my local Wal-Mart and get it brand new for 29.99. They're bastards.

These prices are outrageous. Majority of these games can be easily found at brick and mortar store. Hell, Ebay prices are lower then this! There hoping to cash in on Wii hype band wagon ,and overcharge items to uneducated consumers.

In all, it good for sellers, who will get tons of trade in credit when apply bonus deals and edge card. But bad for buyers, who will pay a premium on commonly found games. You get $20 base credit when you trade in mario kart double dash

LOL that is some funny stuff right there.

$34.99 for SSBM used??? You can buy that brand new for $29.99 everywhere.

[quote name='Deefuzz']LOL that is some funny stuff right there.

$34.99 for SSBM used??? You can buy that brand new for $29.99 everywhere.[/quote]

yea it's insane, but I guess they are using the hyped of SSBB to justify the mark up. But you'd be a fool, not to buy this some where else for less & new.

outrageous.

[quote name='Deefuzz']$34.99 for SSBM used??? You can buy that brand new for $29.99 everywhere.[/quote]
I paid $10 for mine and felt ripped off even paying that price(it's a pretty shallow game). I can't imagine how it would feel to pay $35 and find out how boring it gets.

Some of these I don't understand since there's so many copies out there like REmake & SSBM.

Wow Mario party 5 for 39.99? you could get mario party 8 just for $10 more, or any other game. Even a new copy of Red steel/rayman is cheaper than that.

I fucking hate Gamestop. I don't know what's worse; how they treat their customers, or how they treat their employees.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Mario Kart has been 40 dollars for years. It's probably why I'll never buy it.[/quote]

No, it's been $29.99 used for months there and all of a sudden, it jumps in price. It even retails for $29.99 new as a Player's Choice title.

This shouldn't surprise anyone old enough to remember the days of Funcoland. Even as late as 1999 / 2000, most of the first party and really popular Super Nintendo titles were still in the 24.99 - 44.99 range.

i'm looking to fill out my gamecube collection so i've been just going to gamecrazy. they have most of the games listed there for $10-20 cheaper.

maybe a buy 2 get 1 free is coming up? i'd advice people to go pick up these games before they change the stickers. usually ive been able to get the stickered price by acting confused, though i have been known to start chanting 'bait and switch' in store

[quote name='Segasonic01']Wow, GS is getting more suckier by the day. Thank God a play n trade just opened near me.[/quote]

i just had a play n trade open in my neighborhood a few weeks also. i went to check it out and it was even more overpriced than GS. even the cheap 360 games that you find for $15-20 most places were priced at $35-up. they actually had a classic game section but paying $50-up for SNES titles and $150 for Suikoden, $100 for FFVII isn't really my thing.

[quote name='tangytangerine']No, it's been $29.99 used for months there and all of a sudden, it jumps in price. It even retails for $29.99 new as a Player's Choice title.[/quote]

Well it was 40 dollars around the time where I really cared about the Gamecube, which was a very long time :p.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Supply and (perceived) demand. Don't buy it, and it will drop.[/quote]
Yeah, that REALLY dropped the prices last time. :roll:

These are the same games that slowly raised up in price.

Now they're just being fucking greedy.

hey it makes sense. with all the people buying the wii....and with not a lot of quality titles on the wii...

i hate when everyone bitches about stores and their prices. they are a buisiness they are there so THEY can make the most money possible.

Ok, not going back to Gamestop for a loooooooooooong time.

Not when local stores have Paper Mario for $15, Smash Bros. for $15-20, Animal Crossing for $10, and Mario Kart for $20.

$40 for old games that just happen to have Wii sequels in development is unadulterated greed that makes ebay look downright cheap.

BASTARDS!

/Pinball Hall of Fame: $5
//Book Broker FTW

Screw Game Stop, I'll never waste a dime there ever again. I also hate how they hike up the price on rare games even though they are in shitball condition. How bout throwing rares in the bins and letting customers go at it. Leaving gems in bin is sound business sense to guarantee repeat customers.

[quote name='nativetongue88']hey it makes sense. with all the people buying the wii....and with not a lot of quality titles on the wii...

i hate when everyone bitches about stores and their prices. they are a buisiness they are there so THEY can make the most money possible.[/quote] Alright then. I guess I'll set up an eBay store and charge $50 for all of my GameCube games because it's MY store and I want to make as much money as possible.

See, that doesn't fly with the customers. Especially when they can get these games NEW at regular stores that DON'T specialize in games for far cheaper price. Most of those games came out a few years ago. Hell, you'll be lucky if you can get the game in decent condition AND with the box and instructions for their used costs. Why should they pay up the ass for games they aren't sure about the quality of when they can get the games in prime condition for a cheaper cost elsewhere?

When you run a business and your slogan is "POWER TO THE PLAYERS" but you charge up the ass for old games, you know something is wrong. Why aren't they driving up prices for PS2 games for the PS3? Why aren't they driving up Xbox games again for the 360?

I call bullshit on their practices.

[quote name='Tsukento']Yeah, that REALLY dropped the prices last time. :roll:

These are the same games that slowly raised up in price.

Now they're just being fucking greedy.[/QUOTE]

People are obviously buying them. They don't raise prices on shit that doesn't sell.

Use your noggin.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']People are obviously buying them. They don't raise prices on shit that doesn't sell.

Use your noggin.[/quote] Hello Kitty sells?!

I still call bullshit as they're not doing this with PS2 as the PS3 is currently fully compatible with PS2 games. The last game they upped for PS2 and Xbox was Marvel vs Capcom 2, and that's a given considering the rarity.

$40 for Double Dash?! Oi vey.

My local pawn has some of these at $5.99 each.

[quote name='Tsukento']Hello Kitty sells?!

I still call bullshit as they're not doing this with PS2 as the PS3 is currently fully compatible with PS2 games. The last game they upped for PS2 and Xbox was Marvel vs Capcom 2, and that's a given considering the rarity.[/quote]

They recently upped the price of SMT Nocturne to $59.99.

And yes, Hello Kitty sells. See ebay.

[quote name='cranguy']They recently upped the price of SMT Nocturne to $59.99.[/quote] Typical rare game, so that's another given.

[quote name='cranguy'] And yes, Hello Kitty sells. See ebay.[/quote] Looking up Hello Kitty under Video Games > GameCube brings up only three auctions.

1) Currently at $28.99 for bids.
2) Buy it Now at $27.95
3) Currently at $5.50

Looking it up in all categories as "Hello Kitty Roller Rescue" brings up the same results, except with PC versions included.

Yeah, it's really selling alright. :p

The main reason it WAS selling on eBay was because it was an easy to score game that hoarders snagged from clearances.

whoa whoa whoa, did trade in values for these games get bumped up too? could i finally be able to make a few store credit bucks by trading into gs/eb?? say it aint soooo!!!

[quote name='monkeydeew']whoa whoa whoa, did trade in values for these games get bumped up too? could i finally be able to make a few store credit bucks by trading into gs/eb?? say it aint soooo!!![/quote]
Not by much. Only by $2 to $3.

Well, they're selling the PC version of Bioshock for $60 as well. I can't say as I'm surprised anymore.

I know it's slightly off topic, but did you guys notice that GS also raised the price of a used Halo to $19.99.............. kinda sad since every GS I've been to has about 10 copies of the game and it can be purchased brand new at most major retailers for $9.99.

[quote name='Tsukento']Not by much. Only by $2 to $3.[/quote]
+40% (trade in promo ending 9/9 + edge card) if you trade in 5+ games.
-20% off purchase with edge/coupon

baby you got a stew goin!

WOW I didn't believe you at all until I checked myself. This is pretty nuts. The following stood out the most to me, if only because I see them every place I go. All of these games are readily available at every retail store in the entire country AND the internet for their retail prices.

Mario Kart Double Dash- $39.99 [$30 new]
Mario Strikers- $34.99 [$30 new]
Super Smash Brothers Melee- $34.99 [$30 new]
Paper Mario TTYD- $24.99 [$20 new]
Pokemon XD - $29.99 [$30 new]

Gamestop ripping off stupid parents who bought Wiis for their whiny kids. Kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']Ok, not going back to Gamestop for a loooooooooooong time.

Not when local stores have Paper Mario for $15, Smash Bros. for $15-20, Animal Crossing for $10, and Mario Kart for $20.

$40 for old games that just happen to have Wii sequels in development is unadulterated greed that makes ebay look downright cheap.

BASTARDS!

/Pinball Hall of Fame: $5
//Book Broker FTW[/QUOTE]

no your post doesn't make any sense.. I have NEVER seen local shops carry used prices that are cheaper then GS unless its a pawn shop that doesn't go by ebay prices or for that matter GS prices or yard sales.. I don't live in a major market, we don't even have a GS, but when I do make up to an area that has a "local" game store and a GS, the GS usually wins out on price and selection. The only advantage I can give to mom and pop stores is PSone era gems you can usually find for not to bad of prices.

My local Wal Mart has about 5 Gamecube games on its store shelf. They probably have more in their 19.99 bin but I never look. The fact of the matter is, there was probably a lot of interest in these games so they go up in price. Nintendo games have notoriously had high used prices, mostly because the first party games are always in demand with pretty much everyone whether its good or not. Because the of the Wii many people are like "hey I'll pick up a few gamecube games since now I can play them".. It's just like how they flucuate the price of MVC2 it seems like some months its 59.99 and two months later its 79.99 then its back down to 49.99.. they probably figured that these games are in demand and not a lot of people are trading them back in. I think Halo 2 STILL sells for like 25 bucks..

not necessary gamecube, but suikoden v is now $19.99 new (if your store still has it, probably a gutted copy). and used for, $29.99. its rarez used while the new-used copy is $19.99.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Wow, GS is getting more suckier by the day. Thank God a play n trade just opened near me.[/quote]
That's interesting. Please give a report on their trade & sale prices in the regional thread whenever you go there. I'll be curious to hear how they compare to GS and GR.

This was widely regarded to be a bad move.

Their stores are going to be full up the ass of GameCube titles if they don't put the prices back to normal.

Wow, I was actually planning to buy a few of those titles, but now forget it. I'm glad I picked a few up before but I'm still looking for some of those, looks like I'm not going to GS.

And is it just the GS's I frequent or what because all the Mario Partys I've seen were always outrageous prices.

It's not you. It seems like the prices for the Mario Party titles will never drop. 4 through 7 have always been priced like they were new releases. :\

I've been trying to get the Mario sports titles for a while. Not gonna happen now.

Not gamecube but lumines is 19.99 new 34.99 used. I found a new copy and the employee actually asked me if i wanted it used because it had a better warranty????

[quote name='bluekeith75']Not gamecube but lumines is 19.99 new 34.99 used. I found a new copy and the employee actually asked me if i wanted it used because it had a better warranty????[/quote]

i know isnt that insane?! i saw two copies last weekend, both priced at $34.99. i was able to grab like 5 of these at GS at the beginning of this Lumines craze.

[quote name='auralia']don't expect extra credit for your gc games i'm sure they just uped the price and left the credit the same.[/QUOTE]

They probably upped it a few dollars I would think.

This is the reason I didn't even consider buying a gamecube even with that $10 off coupon. Most first party games are just too expensive/overpriced.

Compare that to used PS2 games where for $20 you get a huge selection of great games.

bread's done
Back