Gamestop removed OnLive vouchers from Deus EX: HR; Now Pulling Game From Shelves

[quote name='62t']And gamestop could stop carry Square Enix game, which will hurt their sales. This has gone all over the net so that anyone who wants a copy of w/ the code know where to look anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can get the code from Gamestop employees who pocketed them and are selling them on Ebay. ;)

[quote name='preston181']I didn't read it as such.

I read it as "they can do whatever they want with the contents of the games they sell, they were right, and we messed up by not telling them we put the coupon in there".

Now, had they said "In light of this unprofessional and anticompetitive action by Gamestop, we will be suspending all PC game sales at their stores, pending litigation to the fullest extent of the law. We sincerely apologize for this embarrassing slap in the consumer's face", things may have been a heck of a lot different.

Instead, they basically said "we're redoing the packaging sans coupon, go give these greedy a$$holes your money once the "new" repackaged at the factory games arrive"

Screw Square Enix.[/QUOTE]

Expecting Square Enix to go to those lengths is ridiculous. It would be idiotic to go into a legal battle over this. Square Enix says this exactly "Square Enix invites gamers who want to purchase the PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution without additional coupons to buy the game at any one of over 4000 GameStop stores in North America."

If you can't read between the lines and see what a dig that is then I don't know what to say.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Yeah, you can get the code from Gamestop employees who pocketed them and are selling them on Ebay. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yup, but the only problem is differentiating between people who actually bought the game, ad truly didn't need the code, and the GS thief employees. OnLive should've tied the game's CD key to the coupon.

[quote name='shadowrage']Thanks for sticking up for your customers/fans/community Eidos.
Like the sales would take a hit if gamestop didn't stock the game. Every gamestop location is like 100ft from a Wal-mart anyway.[/QUOTE]

ummm if you don't think gamestop moves units, you're sadly mistaken

[quote name='Tony208']Square is saying if you want an inferior product to go buy it at gamestop[/QUOTE]

its actually a pretty clever press release. Too bad people can't read and are jumping down squares throat.

[quote name='Ozonekill']The ps3 version of Portal 2 came with a steam copy. Did they send those back to valve?[/QUOTE]

How many times am I going to post this? Portal 2 is not offered on GSs online service so GS didn't have a problem with them.

well i know mostly everyone is bad mouthing gamestop sorry you have all had bad times with gamestop i've never had problems with the stores i've gone to buy my games and that's before i started working for gamestop i've been working for a couple gamestop store been working for the company for more than a year. i was there on the launch of this game our pc versions were sealed so unless gamestop is magic and made the coupon disappear they should be in there i did read an article online about that square just mentioned the coupon day the game came out i read that on the the comments of the article and some said that on the OnLive site they had a deal to get the game for free if you got a console or something like that. well if people are complaining about some new games being open or gs selling used games for full price well every gs i've been to or worked doesnt sell used games for full price. the opened new games if you are buying a new game and it the last copy the case is the display because gs doesn't send just empty cases to show we just have one tile on the sheilf plus what if u grabbed the display off the sheilf and we were sold out it be faules advertising but the games are still new just behind the counter with the other copies. sorry everyones gs doesnt run this way but i wouldnt play a new copy of a game if i didnt buy it that's not right it is power to the player thats you they have all these deals sometime for trades or used games i'm not saying gs, gs, gs yeah because i still haven't gotten my gameinformer since i've signed up for it 3 months ago but thats gameinformers doing but don't burn the monster and never find out it wasn't a monster just an angry crowd building it into one well nothing is perfect if you hate your gs go to a different one i don't know what to tell you i just get this from the ones that i worked at or shopped at before and while working for gs. maybe gs isn't your store or you need to do your game shopping in more than one retailer. i shop different places on and offline i find the deals that best power me as a player in the life of video games. i know last month gs had trade any games to some of the hottest E3 tiles and i dont trade games but I made off with most of the games that i want that are coming out this year like batman aa, uncharted 3, AC revilation i traded only a handfull of games and with the power-up pro got the 10% + 40% so 50% or credit for my trades and i got more than i paid for the games to trade them so i have 2 games fully paid off and you could say that's better than the best buy deal pre-order 5 select tiles and get a $100 gc but everyone has there own ways of getting games but we should cry about a free download coupon is you buying the game for pc because there is no online multiplayer for this game so why do you need 2 pc copies to play with yourself if you have 2 computers right next to you but you will still be playing the same game portal 2 for ps3 made sence ps3 teamed up with sony to make this multi-platformed so you can play ps3 and pc players together it had a coep online that you needed 2 players so if you had the ps3 and got the pc steam code you still had to link in to your psn id but the ps3 or xbox versions didnt come with a code it was the pc version theres no online play no cross-platforming gameplay so the i have a dream speak can happen in the game world about " I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all games are created equal." i have a dream that pc, ps3, and xbox will be not judged by the.... but anyways if the coupon was only in the pc version and it's to download the pc version it's not like they took the game off the dics i would be more upset if i bought the game for pc and only got a download code but is it just me i would rather have a physical copy of the game. I'll leave you with this if you want 2 copies of this game don't hate the gs stores just call up OnLine service and say that you need the coupon to download it or square there the ones that offered the coupn so they should be able to get that for you if you so badly want 2 copies of the same game.

[quote name='confoosious']its actually a pretty clever press release. Too bad people can't read and are jumping down squares throat.[/QUOTE]

Most gamers are complete morons.

For example:
[quote name='werc22']well i know mostly everyone is bad mouthing gamestop sorry you have all had bad times with gamestop i've never had problems with the stores i've gone to buy my games and that's before i started working for gamestop i've been working for a couple gamestop store been working for the company for more than a year. i was there on the launch of this game our pc versions were sealed so unless gamestop is magic and made the coupon disappear they should be in there i did read an article online about that square just mentioned the coupon day the game came out i read that on the the comments of the article and some said that on the OnLive site they had a deal to get the game for free if you got a console or something like that. well if people are complaining about some new games being open or gs selling used games for full price well every gs i've been to or worked doesnt sell used games for full price. the opened new games if you are buying a new game and it the last copy the case is the display because gs doesn't send just empty cases to show we just have one tile on the sheilf plus what if u grabbed the display off the sheilf and we were sold out it be faules advertising but the games are still new just behind the counter with the other copies. sorry everyones gs doesnt run this way but i wouldnt play a new copy of a game if i didnt buy it that's not right it is power to the player thats you they have all these deals sometime for trades or used games i'm not saying gs, gs, gs yeah because i still haven't gotten my gameinformer since i've signed up for it 3 months ago but thats gameinformers doing but don't burn the monster and never find out it wasn't a monster just an angry crowd building it into one well nothing is perfect if you hate your gs go to a different one i don't know what to tell you i just get this from the ones that i worked at or shopped at before and while working for gs. maybe gs isn't your store or you need to do your game shopping in more than one retailer. i shop different places on and offline i find the deals that best power me as a player in the life of video games. i know last month gs had trade any games to some of the hottest E3 tiles and i dont trade games but I made off with most of the games that i want that are coming out this year like batman aa, uncharted 3, AC revilation i traded only a handfull of games and with the power-up pro got the 10% + 40% so 50% or credit for my trades and i got more than i paid for the games to trade them so i have 2 games fully paid off and you could say that's better than the best buy deal pre-order 5 select tiles and get a $100 gc but everyone has there own ways of getting games but we should cry about a free download coupon is you buying the game for pc because there is no online multiplayer for this game so why do you need 2 pc copies to play with yourself if you have 2 computers right next to you but you will still be playing the same game portal 2 for ps3 made sence ps3 teamed up with sony to make this multi-platformed so you can play ps3 and pc players together it had a coep online that you needed 2 players so if you had the ps3 and got the pc steam code you still had to link in to your psn id but the ps3 or xbox versions didnt come with a code it was the pc version theres no online play no cross-platforming gameplay so the i have a dream speak can happen in the game world about " I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all games are created equal." i have a dream that pc, ps3, and xbox will be not judged by the.... but anyways if the coupon was only in the pc version and it's to download the pc version it's not like they took the game off the dics i would be more upset if i bought the game for pc and only got a download code but is it just me i would rather have a physical copy of the game. I'll leave you with this if you want 2 copies of this game don't hate the gs stores just call up OnLine service and say that you need the coupon to download it or square there the ones that offered the coupn so they should be able to get that for you if you so badly want 2 copies of the same game.[/QUOTE]

But anyways, I'm surprised this is getting so much attention from non-gaming news sources though, must be a slow news day.

I been wondering. Why does Square need to inform Gamestop on what they do or don't put in their package.

I could understand why gamestop wants to not give you the codes, but it's your property. You paid the full price of the game, thus you are warranted the full contents.

All this does is make gamestop look like little cry babies :lol:

[quote name='morpheusx']I can't believe how many people don't understand why gamestop is doing this. They are releasing a competitor service. Think of it this way what if when you bought your copy of Madden next week at Best Buy you opened it up and it had a voucher that is only good at Wal-Mart to get $20 off NCAA Football 12. Would Best Buy be in the wrong for pulling it or removing the coupons?[/QUOTE]

If Best Buy realized this after the product was in stores I can pretty much guarantee they would sell off remaining stock (it is expensive to recall items at several thousand stores, plus the loss of sales) and insist that the next printing for their store not have the coupon or that they wouldn't sell the item.

They would never open up the games and then sell them, I'm 100% confident in that. GameStop is the only store I know of that regularly opens merchandise before selling it, and the only one I know of that has ever officially made it policy to remove content from an item and still sell it as new. (The closest example I can think of: Best Buy does sell "open" laptops, but they are laptops that the geek squad sets up, removes unnecessary software from and typically adds software like anti-virus and such. It is clearly marked and sold as an extra service meant to appeal to people who have no idea how to do that stuff on their own.)

Stopped buying from these tards years ago, just an all around terrible company that deserves to go out of business for all the shit they pull. fuck Gamestop.

Wait GameStop sells opened games as new? Where the fuck have I been? ;)

As long as they take their open shit back if the consumer realizes there is no OnLive code, I don't really care what they do. Hell I'm more pissed my Kmart didn't have any AE copies.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Wait GameStop sells opened games as new? Where the fuck have I been? ;)

As long as they take their open shit back if the consumer realizes there is no OnLive code, I don't really care what they do. Hell I'm more pissed my Kmart didn't have any AE copies.[/QUOTE]
If they actually did that, then I would be happier. Besides I already ripped the soundtrack so what else do I need from the game :lol:. I would love a free $65 and a fuck you to gamestop.

[quote name='werc22']This is where punctuation goes to die.[/QUOTE]

Sweet unholy jesus, this needed more than nine periods.

Though, classy referencing Martin Luther King Jr. Oh, wait. No, no it wasn't.

I do not know if anyone brought this up on this thread. I read only the first 5 pages but I'm going to bed soon.

One thing I'm seriously looking forward to and praying to whatever gaming god that is out there. Is this http://www.postalgamer.com/password

These guys are pretty much aiming and trying to slap Gamestop in the face. If you seriously hate gamestop and you want its crap to end or give them some kind of beating, then give these guys some support.

They are trying to start a delivering service similar to that of Netflix and Gamefly, where you slip the games discs in a envelope and its quickly shipped to your house or their building. To make buying and selling from them easy.

They will pay you more when you sell your games to them then gamestop would.

But my favorite part is, Everytime you buy a used game, they will send a percentage of it to it's publishers. So 1-8 yr old games, will cause Publishers to keep making money off them and maybe even give enough support for wanted sequels.

Well I hope the best for them.

[quote name='werc22']well i know mostly everyone is bad mouthing gamestop sorry you have all had bad times with gamestop i've never had problems with the stores i've gone to buy my games and that's before i started working for gamestop i've been working for a couple gamestop store been working for the company for more than a year. i was there on the launch of this game our pc versions were sealed so unless gamestop is magic and made the coupon disappear they should be in there i did read an article online about that square just mentioned the coupon day the game came out i read that on the the comments of the article and some said that on the OnLive site they had a deal to get the game for free if you got a console or something like that. well if people are complaining about some new games being open or gs selling used games for full price well every gs i've been to or worked doesnt sell used games for full price. the opened new games if you are buying a new game and it the last copy the case is the display because gs doesn't send just empty cases to show we just have one tile on the sheilf plus what if u grabbed the display off the sheilf and we were sold out it be faules advertising but the games are still new just behind the counter with the other copies. sorry everyones gs doesnt run this way but i wouldnt play a new copy of a game if i didnt buy it that's not right it is power to the player thats you they have all these deals sometime for trades or used games i'm not saying gs, gs, gs yeah because i still haven't gotten my gameinformer since i've signed up for it 3 months ago but thats gameinformers doing but don't burn the monster and never find out it wasn't a monster just an angry crowd building it into one well nothing is perfect if you hate your gs go to a different one i don't know what to tell you i just get this from the ones that i worked at or shopped at before and while working for gs. maybe gs isn't your store or you need to do your game shopping in more than one retailer. i shop different places on and offline i find the deals that best power me as a player in the life of video games. i know last month gs had trade any games to some of the hottest E3 tiles and i dont trade games but I made off with most of the games that i want that are coming out this year like batman aa, uncharted 3, AC revilation i traded only a handfull of games and with the power-up pro got the 10% + 40% so 50% or credit for my trades and i got more than i paid for the games to trade them so i have 2 games fully paid off and you could say that's better than the best buy deal pre-order 5 select tiles and get a $100 gc but everyone has there own ways of getting games but we should cry about a free download coupon is you buying the game for pc because there is no online multiplayer for this game so why do you need 2 pc copies to play with yourself if you have 2 computers right next to you but you will still be playing the same game portal 2 for ps3 made sence ps3 teamed up with sony to make this multi-platformed so you can play ps3 and pc players together it had a coep online that you needed 2 players so if you had the ps3 and got the pc steam code you still had to link in to your psn id but the ps3 or xbox versions didnt come with a code it was the pc version theres no online play no cross-platforming gameplay so the i have a dream speak can happen in the game world about " I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all games are created equal." i have a dream that pc, ps3, and xbox will be not judged by the.... but anyways if the coupon was only in the pc version and it's to download the pc version it's not like they took the game off the dics i would be more upset if i bought the game for pc and only got a download code but is it just me i would rather have a physical copy of the game. I'll leave you with this if you want 2 copies of this game don't hate the gs stores just call up OnLine service and say that you need the coupon to download it or square there the ones that offered the coupn so they should be able to get that for you if you so badly want 2 copies of the same game.[/QUOTE]

hahahaha, holy shit.

Would somebody care to summarize? :D My eyes won't focus properly...

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Would somebody care to summarize? :D My eyes won't focus properly...[/QUOTE]

The wall of text served its purpose; it proved impenetrable to our eyes.

[quote name='Survivalism']I want most of you to take a step back and realize that you're ripping into Gamestop because they don't want to promote a competitor, and think about how that could possibly offend you in any way. As I said in another thread, that's like being mad at Wendy's because they won't sell you a Whopper. Really? Really? Is it really an issue? Or is the Blind Gamestop Hate Expresswagon just driving by again?

Be truly honest, how many of you were going to buy it from Gamestop specifically for that OnLive code? I'm guessing roughly zero.[/QUOTE]

no, this would be like being mad because wendy's didn't give you your fries in your combo meal. or being mad because you bought an action figure at walmart only to find out they took out all of the accessories yet still charged you full price.

i was the BIGGEST gamestop supporter on this site. but you know what? fuck THEM FOR THIS.

gamestop-and-bend-over-500x479.jpg

What the hell ? I have a dream? We hold these truth to be self evident? What? *head explode*

[quote name='specialist']hahahaha, holy shit.[/QUOTE]

I've worked at Gamestop for nearly 2 years myself, but they're still a bunch of ass goblins. The job itself is fine, but the policies and corporate handling are just ridiculous. I remember people telling me that at other stores (not the one I worked at) the employees could rent out not only used games, but NEW ones, too. What the hell kind of shit is that?

The employees don't go through any training about video games at all. Anytime a customer had a question for my boss, he would turn around and ask me 'What game is this?'

Or their incessant begging for pre-orders from customers, or for a magazine subscription? Atrocious.

Not to mention, their practices of buying a newer game in a trade-in for $20, and selling it for $55. A $35 PROFIT on one game? For some reason, people keep coming back.

dude. for fucks sake. L2Puncuation. also, none of that made any sense. at all. you mention things like you have preorders and talk about Dr King...kinda...and you say the codes are still in the games, even though its pretty clear that gamestop pulled them. i dont think your ass was thinking when you pulled these sentances out of it.

[quote name='aznhero913']I wonder if we can legitimately file a complaint with the B.B.B.[/QUOTE]
I say do one better and file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. I filed one with them over Nor-Scam's shady denials of trade-ins.

http://www.ftc.gov/

[quote name='morpheusx']I can't believe how many people don't understand why gamestop is doing this. They are releasing a competitor service. Think of it this way what if when you bought your copy of Madden next week at Best Buy you opened it up and it had a voucher that is only good at Wal-Mart to get $20 off NCAA Football 12. Would Best Buy be in the wrong for pulling it or removing the coupons?[/QUOTE]

Are you illiterate like shaniqua1990. The issue is they took the codes out and sold at FULL MSRP. Open your eyes, sound it out, and join the educated members before making outrageous comparisons that are irrelevant to the main point/issue of this thread. Love members who come in here and post shit like, "Oh great another gamestop bashing thread". If you people could read you would see this is an issue that concerns consumers, especially those who aren't fortunate to be on CAG or other deal threads. Plain english for all you slow readers who still don't grasp this thread, "GAMESTOP STOLE MONEY FROM CONSUMERS!". Regardless of them offering refunds and recalling product does not excuse them. Their lazy asses did not research properly before placing an item on the shelf and fucked up. Most of us understand that you don't support competitors, but that doesn't justify theft.

but if you order a combo meal from wendys they have in pictures or text that it's going to come with the fries the game on the case says nothing about it coming with fries or a free coupon code for OnLine service and if you need fries with you game than talk to the company that was offering the fries but wendys is a bad example they offer the fries and sell the fries gs sells the game but its not there offer so if you want the offer than call square or OnLine Service that company should take care of it to honor there offer i'm just saying it how i'm seeing it. it doesn't make sence to me and glad some gamers on here enjoyed my so call "wall" of text but just saying what i think but should read it it's more than a wall and if anything it's a different path to look at things on this topic.

[quote name='werc22']but if you order a combo meal from wendys they have in pictures or text that it's going to come with the fries the game on the case says nothing about it coming with fries or a free coupon code for OnLine service and if you need fries with you game than talk to the company that was offering the fries but wendys is a bad example they offer the fries and sell the fries gs sells the game but its not there offer so if you want the offer than call square or OnLine Service that company should take care of it to honor there offer i'm just saying it how i'm seeing it. it doesn't make sence to me and glad some gamers on here enjoyed my so call "wall" of text but just saying what i think but should read it it's more than a wall and if anything it's a different path to look at things on this topic.[/QUOTE]

Damn, man. You need to learn to write properly.

not the same thing.

THE ONLY THING COMPARABLE WOULD BE A STORE LIKE AMAZON/BEST BUY/ETC REMOVING THE CODE FOR A DIGITAL COPY OF A DVD/BLURAY BECAUSE IT SUPPORTS THE 'COMPETITION' OF ITUNES.

This wasn't a save $20 at OnLive coupon. This was, quite literally, buy a physical copy and get a digital copy. GameStop removed 50% of that package and charged for 100% of it.

[quote name='werc22']but if you order a combo meal from wendys they have in pictures or text that it's going to come with the fries the game on the case says nothing about it coming with fries or a free coupon code for OnLine service and if you need fries with you game than talk to the company that was offering the fries but wendys is a bad example they offer the fries and sell the fries gs sells the game but its not there offer so if you want the offer than call square or OnLine Service that company should take care of it to honor there offer i'm just saying it how i'm seeing it. it doesn't make sence to me and glad some gamers on here enjoyed my so call "wall" of text but just saying what i think but should read it it's more than a wall and if anything it's a different path to look at things on this topic.[/QUOTE]

If anyone enjoyed your wall of text it was from a comedic stand point because you rambled about irrelevant issues. When the first copy of Deus Ex was opened by a Gamestop employee and the Onlive voucher was noticed then all sales should have been stopped. Your stupid fry story with Combo Meal pictures does not justify Gamestop's actions. Since you want to go out of the realm let's use another stupid comparrison. You go buy a car by picture alone and it is missing the radio. Was the dealership wrong for taking out your radio? Thought I'd add my own little bit of stupidity for you Gamestop fans and whiners.

Cheapy, Ship and Wombat just had a drinking game.
They drank whenever you used correct punctuation.

P.S. Cheapy is thinking about banning you because he "couldn't even get a buzz".

all i was saying is i was work day of launch for this game i worked all day and while i was at work all the pc versions of this game were sealed we aren't a gs that has many pc games but uness they did that today before i went to work they should be in our stores copies we don't display our pc games we just have them in a draw behind the counter but the 1st day they sold pretty quick maybe gs store that are more pc sellers gutted there copies but i don't know what to tell you i can just say how my store is not your store or any other store. i understand that some stores did that but like i said we sold them quickly on launch so even if we got the memo our pc copies were sold out. plus my rant of you say tossed together works and the i have a dream speach i was trying to be funny at so early in the morning talking about how it is different than the portal 2 that came with the steam pc codes.

[quote name='werc22']all i was saying is i was work day of launch for this game i worked all day and while i was at work all the pc versions of this game were sealed we aren't a gs that has many pc games but uness they did that today before i went to work they should be in our stores copies we don't display our pc games we just have them in a draw behind the counter but the 1st day they sold pretty quick maybe gs store that are more pc sellers gutted there copies but i don't know what to tell you i can just say how my store is not your store or any other store. i understand that some stores did that but like i said we sold them quickly on launch so even if we got the memo our pc copies were sold out. plus my rant of you say tossed together works and the i have a dream speach i was trying to be funny at so early in the morning talking about how it is different than the portal 2 that came with the steam pc codes.[/QUOTE]

PUNCTUATE. damn.

Nah, this is like someone opens up your drawers n play w ur underwear. Even if nothing is missing, i still feel violated. Except this motherf*cker took your gstring.

That's bullcrap!! As much as I try to stay out of commenting on business practice for any company, I am sick and tired of GS opening up games and selling them as "brand new." Will not buy this game from them! Now they are opening games up and taking content from the inside? That's like me opening up a shoebox and taking out the laces before selling them. Who the hell would buy new shoes without laces?!?!? Unless they had velcro of course... just sayin!!

well sorry everyone but i'm not trying to make it seem i'm fight people on this topic i guess i just dont fully see it your saying gs took the code out so there taking 50% and selling for 100% but if i'm buying the game for ps3 or xbox do i get a pc code no right so why should it matter so much to get the pc code of the same game for the pc version. it would be different if when you bought the pc version you would get a psn code of the game or a xbl version. i buy games to play them not complain about them it be different if the code was for expansion of the game or came with something more than the disc has on it.

Werc22, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUNCTUATE.
I dunno how old you are, but you type like a 12 year old who thinks proper sentences are only important in school. I can't even read half your shit without developing a headache to go along with my already strained eyes.

Going digital is lame. You need high speed connections to download any game plus tons of storage room. Things not every CAG has...

Anyway, tried to find out who posted this website: http://www.postalgamer.com/password , but I can't find you anymore >_< I enjoy physical copies, it is how I grew up and I enjoy hooking up the old GameCube or Xbox to play SSBM or Halo with friends. Don't let it die, it isn't time yet...hopefully may it never be time.

As for my two cents, I've always hated GameStop when they make so much profit off of trade-ins. I've gone to Craigslist or Amazon to buy/sell games, yet all my friends continue go to them and support them. Bet if it were called StartElectronics or something, it wouldn't grab all the attention of selling games.
Before the merge, GameStop had more business than Electronic Boutique because of the name. We went to EB for action figures and GS for games. Glad it has been made public is all I can say.

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']wasn't gamestop sued a long time ago over selling opened copies as new? whatever happened to that?

remember things like this when you decide between buying from gamestop and spending a few more bucks at your local independent game store[/QUOTE]

They got sued and lost and they went back to doing it soon after that. This company is pathetic and why i get disgusted when my friends and online people act like gamestop is the best. They do not believe they would do anything wrong. They got in trouble for giving away preorder codes so they switched to receipts. The problem is my friend gets them free from gamestop without ordering the game there. The workers at gamestop used to sell stacks of the preorder stuff on ebay and one reason why there would be none left for when you picked up your preorder and never get it.

The place is a con and these days people do not complain to the right people or just to lazy to. I gave up long ago power in the people is not around anymore.

I just sent them an email telling them I want a code or compensated. I am sure it will be for nothing. To me they just sold me a used game and told me it was new and stole from me. They should have told me the code was taken out when I picked it up Tuesday. Chances are I would have told them I didn't want it. Hell I don't even remember why I got it from them and not Amazon.com in the first place. Might have just been because I wanted to pay cash and not put it on a credit card.

Bottom line is that Game Stop is tampering with new product and selling it as new. If I can't return an open game for a refund or exchange at full price they shouldn't be selling an opened game at full price. Not only that, but removing a digital copy of the game!? It's like me buying a Blu Ray combo pack with the digital copy and Wal Mart opening it up and removing it so the Digital copy won't compete with their VUDU service and selling it at full retail price! This is ridiculous and borderline illegal.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']The place is a con and these days people do not complain to the right people or just to lazy to. I gave up long ago power in the people is not around anymore.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='Oaxan']Werc22, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUNCTUATE.
I dunno how old you are, but you type like a 12 year old who thinks proper sentences are only important in school. I can't even read half your shit without developing a headache to go along with my already strained eyes.[/QUOTE]
And THIS is why I will NOT make a Facebook/Twitter/etc account, since everyone on there 'typz lik diz', U no?;)

Werc22 is a waste of life as goes for anyone else who supports a corporation that robs consumers of their money as well as their dignity.

People are weak these days and are too chicken sh*t to fight for what they believe in. They figure they'll just take it up the a** today and hope for the best tomorrow.

bread's done
Back