Gamestop removed OnLive vouchers from Deus EX: HR; Now Pulling Game From Shelves

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, you killed the thread. :\[/QUOTE]

Which is sad, because more people need to know about this and see how GS is screwing people over.

[quote name='praxus07']This made me laugh. Not everyone buys online, owns a credit card to buy onlne, or even wants to buy online if able to. Have never heard of Green Man Gaming, so would never shop there. Nor Amazon, you couldn't pay me to shop there (I consider them worse than GS, since they're one of the reasons my local Borders closed down and now the closest bookshop is 30 minutes away). GS might be evil, but I'll probably always continue to buy/trade there since it's a real BM store.[/QUOTE]

I don't own a CC either & still order from Amazon. There's ways around using a credit card to order. You can buy gift cards to use for orders. Even Coinstar machines(well, most of them) have the option to cash out for Amazon credit.

Most people that don't order from Amazon hide behind that "I don't have a credit card" excuse. When the real reason is they're just too lazy to go get a gift card to use or are just plain too impatient to wait for the orders to be delivered to their house. Even when ordering from a website like Amazon is saving them money and getting stuff in better condition than what a crap store like Gamestop would sell it in.

Don't blame Amazon on Borders filing for bankruptcy and closing their stores. Borders closed to due to the morons running the company. They had no concept of competition.

Just got an email from GS offering me a $50 GC and a B2G1 coupon if I bring in my receipt as compensation. HUZZAH GAMESTOP!
[quote name='GameStop']Dear GameStop customer,

Earlier this week, GameStop removed a competitor's coupon from standard edition PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, a recent release by Square Enix. We were not aware that the product box would contain this competitor's offer. We regret the events surrounding this title release and that our customers were put in the middle of this issue between GameStop and Square Enix, the publisher of this game. And for this, we are truly sorry.

For your inconvenience, we would like to offer you a free $50 GameStop gift card and a Buy 2 Get 1 Free pre-owned purchase. We want to earn back your trust and confidence in the GameStop experience. Please bring in this email and your store receipt or order confirmation from GameStop.com and present it to a Game Advisor.

Sincerely,
Paul Raines
CEO, GameStop[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou']Just got an email from GS offering me a $50 GC and a B2G1 coupon if I bring in my receipt as compensation. HUZZAH GAMESTOP![/QUOTE]
Damn. Fairly nice compensation there.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hmmm, I wonder how many people in the "boycott" are gonna run and get their $50 gift card.[/QUOTE]

I can promise you if I got that e-mail I still wouldn't.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Yeah, because you can't do things like prepaid Visa cards to buy stuff online. And you can't buy games at Target, Wal-mart, K-Mart (if applicable), Best Buy either. It's totally worth the stop at the (you just said was) evil company to get treated like shit and get a big $5 of trade for the game you just spent $40 for when I can guarantee that Amazon or Best Buy will give you much more than that.

Just a thought.

To all the people coming up with farfetched reasons to defend GameStop, just think of this... It's something you were supposed to get with the PC game you just spent $50 on. Thus, they are STEALING from you.

Me too. Them and Best Buy since Amazon has good deals and a price match guarantee & Best Buy doesn't treat me like a scrub and you know, a price match guarantee.[/QUOTE]

Actually with prepaid cards there are fee's. There's a fee to buy it, there are fee's to recharge it, there are fee's to store cash on it for any length of time, and buying online usually has a shipping cost as well. Plus like I said, personally, I will never buy from Amazon, and these other sites I'd never trust enough to buy from. The other BM stores you mentioned also do not sell used games, nor take trade-ins. So I'll stick with GS, evil or not, thanks very much.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I can promise you if I got that e-mail I still wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

Well, if I hadn't thought that you were an idiot before, I would now. You're really showing them by not taking their money!

i took pictures of my stores last copy of deus ex and you can see it's still sealed so if it has a coupon in it my store didn't take it out

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, you killed the thread. :\[/QUOTE]

Cheapy did the right thing... or do you disagree with him? :roll:

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']1. I can only hope that my fellow CAGers really do boycott GameStop for real and not just take this convenient time to bitch about them and just go crawling back the next time they run a big deal.

2. I haven't walked in a GameStop in almost a year because of various bullcrap they've done to me and I already vowed I wouldn't go back.[/QUOTE]

1. I hate all this boycott "insert name here". No company is perfect including the beloved amazon. Think about all the jobs that would be lost if GameStop goes out of business... which happened to Circuit City, Borders and most likely Blockbuster. This also reminds me of Activision with the Call of Duty franchise... a lot of haters asking to boycott the company, yet every time a new COD game comes out it sells in the millions.

2. If GameStop had "insert $60 game you love" for $20 and nobody else had it at that price, you would so be there (unless you have too much cash to burn).

People... lets get real.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. I hate all this boycott "insert name here". No company is perfect including the beloved amazon. Think about all the jobs that would be lost if GameStop goes out of business... which happened to Circuit City, Borders and most likely Blockbuster. This also reminds me of Activision with the Call of Duty franchise... a lot of haters asking to boycott the company, yet every time a new COD game comes out it sells in the millions.

2. If GameStop had "insert $60 game you love" for $20 and nobody else had it at that price, you would so be there (unless you have too much cash to burn).

People... lets get real.[/QUOTE]

People can call you troll, but I agree with this completely. False outrage is rampant on the internet, everyone claiming that they are going to sue this company or boycott that company.

The truth is, that boycotts rarely have any impact, within a couple of months Gamestop will have some Buy 2 get 1 deal or they will have that rare game you need in stock and you won't give a damn about boycotting something that most of you probably don't care all that much about anyway.

[quote name='praxus07']Actually with prepaid cards there are fee's. There's a fee to buy it, there are fee's to recharge it, there are fee's to store cash on it for any length of time, and buying online usually has a shipping cost as well. Plus like I said, personally, I will never buy from Amazon, and these other sites I'd never trust enough to buy from. The other BM stores you mentioned also do not sell used games, nor take trade-ins. So I'll stick with GS, evil or not, thanks very much.[/QUOTE]
Actually you're completely wrong on the fact that none of those other stores take in trades.

Kmart has a program that's in beta right now in select stores, Walmart tried using kiosks to take trades for a while(buy ultimately gave up), Target is taking in trades at select stores through a third party company called NextWorth and Best Buy has probably one of the best trade programs going that rivals or I dare say BEATS Gamestop.

They give far better money on most trades(read: not 5-6 yr old shit though) than Gamestop and they're even doing trade promos like GS.

So please do your research before you speak.;)
[quote name='werc22']

i took pictures of my stores last copy of deus ex and you can see it's still sealed so if it has a coupon in it my store didn't take it out[/QUOTE]
In case you have never seen the back room of a GS store before, many of them have heat guns and shrinkwrap in the back and can re-shrinkwrap their own stock if they see fit.

I had them do this with a game that was intended to be a gift but I got the 'last copy' of.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. I hate all this boycott "insert name here". No company is perfect including the beloved amazon. Think about all the jobs that would be lost if GameStop goes out of business... which happened to Circuit City, Borders and most likely Blockbuster. This also reminds me of Activision with the Call of Duty franchise... a lot of haters asking to boycott the company, yet every time a new COD game comes out it sells in the millions.

No, I wouldn't. Because I like to give my hard earned money to people who aren't douchebags. I shop at Best Buy, Target, and Amazon for my games because I get treated right, and they have good deals. And if the almighty GameStop somehow has a better price, guess what, they will PRICE MATCH it, which GameStop apparently will never do. And the B2G1 doesn't do anything for me since I buy new, so you can take that point in your argument and shove it.

But unfortunately a lot of people will deal with the bullcrap to save a few bucks and its "convenient."

I also love how you throw Call of Duty in there even though I can't stand the game. It did nothing to support your trolling.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']No, I wouldn't. Because I like to give my hard earned money to people who aren't douchebags. I shop at Best Buy, Target, and Amazon for my games because I get treated right, and they have good deals. And if the almighty GameStop somehow has a better price, guess what, they will PRICE MATCH it, which GameStop apparently will never do. And the B2G1 doesn't do anything for me since I buy new, so you can take that point in your argument and shove it.

But unfortunately a lot of people will deal with the bullcrap to save a few bucks and its "convenient."

I also love how you throw Call of Duty in there even though I can't stand the game. It did nothing to support your trolling.[/QUOTE]

Apparently you have never sold on Amazon. You won't find a bigger douchebag company.

Oh yeah, you said you buy there. You are good then. Nevermind that they screw over the actual sellers that bring them money constantly. Im not talking about fees.

I too laugh at the boycott companies cause they are "bad" trend. That's all it it is, a trend. You really think any company has the best intentions in mind? They are there to make money. Amazon will screw you, best buy will screw you, target will screw you. You just haven't had it happen yet. Not saying that gamestop is better by any means, but really, don't come here saying "fuck gamestop I'll never buy from them, I buy from good companies like _______".

Also, it is unfortunate, but I do agree with oasis too on the fact that people talk a big game on boycotts, then run back like a bitch with their tail between their legs when there is a good deal.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']I too laugh at the boycott companies cause they are "bad" trend. That's all it it is, a trend. You really think any company has the best intentions in mind? They are there to make money. Amazon will screw you, best buy will screw you, target will screw you. You just haven't had it happen yet. Not saying that gamestop is better by any means, but really, don't come here saying "fuck gamestop I'll never buy from them, I buy from good companies like _______".

Also, it is unfortunate, but I do agree with oasis too on the fact that people talk a big game on boycotts, then run back like a bitch with their tail between their legs when there is a good deal.[/QUOTE]

My personal animosity against GameStop goes far before this debacle.

But you know, I could talk about how bad they are, but I guess all that's being proven is that people don't care about the company and how they treat them as long as they can get a good deal. It's depressing really.

It's really more about how most of us rank Amazon over GS head over shoulders. Amazon is not perfect you're right but they get a crap ton more deals than GS ever does. I'm just one example but my Amazon to GS purchase ratio has to be close to 20:1. This fail by GS was pretty egregious.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']My personal animosity against GameStop goes far before this debacle.

But you know, I could talk about how bad they are, but I guess all that's being proven is that people don't care about the company and how they treat them as long as they can get a good deal. It's depressing really.[/QUOTE]

I think you need to remember that your personal experience does not equal everyone else's personal experience. I can understand that you are so mad at Gamestop that you wouldn't want to shop there, but at the same time you need to understand that many people have never had a negative experience there.

I didn't buy Deus Ex from Gamestop, so this did not affect me in the least. The people that did buy it, got some restitution out of it and for most people that is enough. You say you find it depressing that people go to Gamestop no matter how they are treated. In response to that, I would say that Gamestop has never treated me poorly. I don't buy all my games there, I actually buy more from Amazon, but if they have a good deal or something used I want, I'll buy from them. I haven't had any negative experiences there and I have shopped there for years.

I think the issue I have and why I agreed with Oasisboy earlier, is that so many people post that they are going to boycott and they are full of crap. They only post that to jump on the bandwagon. They will talk about how Gamestop is too big and they are an evil corporation but they will still preorder all their games there and take advantage of all of the sales.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually you're completely wrong on the fact that none of those other stores take in trades.

Kmart has a program that's in beta right now in select stores, Walmart tried using kiosks to take trades for a while(buy ultimately gave up), Target is taking in trades at select stores through a third party company called NextWorth and Best Buy has probably one of the best trade programs going that rivals or I dare say BEATS Gamestop.

They give far better money on most trades(read: not 5-6 yr old shit though) than Gamestop and they're even doing trade promos like GS.

In case you have never seen the back room of a GS store before, many of them have heat guns and shrinkwrap in the back and can re-shrinkwrap their own stock if they see fit.

I had them do this with a game that was intended to be a gift but I got the 'last copy' of.[/QUOTE]

well my store doesn't have a shrink wrap machine in the back or any where in the store. you have to be the biggest retard think that in the email my store got said nothing about openning the game and removing the code for OnLine but just taking them off the shelves. we are not a large pc gs meaning we have about maybe 7 pc titles none are open alse none of our pc titles are in a draw. this is truely a seal pc copy give me your email and you can inspect the pictures yourself.

sorry i quoted the wrong thing it was about the guy that thinks the pictures i uploaded are shrink wrapped and there not

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually you're completely wrong on the fact that none of those other stores take in trades.

I had them do this with a game that was intended to be a gift but I got the 'last copy' of.[/QUOTE]

So can I walk into the Dickson City K-mart, Target, Best Buy or wherever else tonight other than GS and trade in 4yo games, get instant credit, and browse a big (meaning GS size selection) selection of used games to spend that credit on?

Best Buy could be giving 4x the amount of credit and I still wouldn't trade there. I feel like I'm being watched the entire time I'm in there, and I always leave empty handed. Even their blank dvd-r "sales" are usually more expensive than Staples, so no point in going in there unless I want to feel Observed, or get no help from their clueless employee's. I've never had a good experience shopping that store, compared to the Montage GS where I've never had any issues whatsoever.

[quote name='praxus07']So can I walk into the Dickson City K-mart, Target, Best Buy or wherever else tonight other than GS and trade in 4yo games, get instant credit, and browse a big (meaning GS size selection) selection of used games to spend that credit on?

Best Buy could be giving 4x the amount of credit and I still wouldn't trade there. I feel like I'm being watched the entire time I'm in there, and I always leave empty handed. Even their blank dvd-r "sales" are usually more expensive than Staples, so no point in going in there unless I want to feel Observed, or get no help from their clueless employee's. I've never had a good experience shopping that store, compared to the Montage GS where I've never had any issues whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Your not very knowledgeable. Amazon kindle cards aka Amazon gift cards are now avaialble at Target and Bestbuy, I pretty much converted all my credit to Amazon

[quote name='CaoPi']Your not very knowledgeable. Amazon kindle cards aka Amazon gift cards are now avaialble at Target and Bestbuy, I pretty much converted all my credit to Amazon[/QUOTE]

What am I not knowledgeable about? I don't like Amazon (reason given in another post), gift cards or no, I'd never shop there. If they were the last bookstore still open on the planet I still wouldn't shop there.

There are simply some places you couldn't get me to shop at for any amount of discounts or free stuff (Amazon, BB, Paypal, eBay, HH Gregg, BigBadToyStore to list a few).

bread's done
Back