GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Justin42']Well, this doesn't help you much, but the stuff I ordered from their "handpicked" sale did stack correctly and I was charged the right amount (as it was when I checked out)... so something got screwed in their system. Not sure why they're telling you they won't stack, though.

And there's no way it's legal for them to charge you more than the amount they presented without contacting you for your consent (or just cancelling the order saying it was a mistake)... try to talk to a supervisor, and if they don't do something to fix the problem, you may want to contact your state attorney general's office... do you have a printout of your original order confirmation showing your original price? (if you don't have "proof" you're sorta dead in the water unless you get a very sympathetic supervisor)[/QUOTE]

I did get my money back - they basically just gave in on the phone - but it is really more the principal. They were giving me what I believed (and still do) was a total line of B.S. I tried to explain that our entire system of business in America is out the window if companies can charge one thing and then charge you more after you pay for it without your consent. They didn't seem to get it.

Mainly I was putting this out there as a warning for others - just to keep an eye out. Thanks for the insight.

Looks like they're selling some of their used games as new. I just got HAWX for the PS3, it wasn't shrink wrapped, it didn't have a manual, plus the paper sleeve where the disc was in had a yellow sticker underneath the white "New" $19.99. As we all know, yellow sticker in gamestop is used for used games. Sucks. I know it's my fault that I didn't check the game soon after getting it, I only opened the game a few days later. But geez, this is a ripoff. Now I don't know if I can return this since there's no manual.

[quote name='jeigra']Looks like they're selling some of their used games as new. I just got HAWX for the PS3, it wasn't shrink wrapped, it didn't have a manual, plus the paper sleeve where the disc was in had a yellow sticker underneath the white "New" $19.99. As we all know, yellow sticker in gamestop is used for used games. Sucks. I know it's my fault that I didn't check the game soon after getting it, I only opened the game a few days later. But geez, this is a ripoff. Now I don't know if I can return this since there's no manual.[/QUOTE]

The yellow sticker underneath is probably just because they reuse those paper sleeves. What you got was a "gutted" game, which is talked about at great length around here.

Basically, they open up one (or more) copy of a game, put the disc in a paper sleeve in a drawer, and use the box as a display. So, they still consider it "new" but obviously its not exactly. Also, employees are allowed to check out these (I believe), so from time to time, the discs won't look new. And since the box is out on the shelf, the manual might get lost (although some stores may keep the manual in the drawer too).

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Are people still finding the LE PoP at their stores?[/QUOTE]

I did last Monday, last copy too, lol. The picking were slim. Most of the LE PoP were sold out. As were most of the $19.99 games. I had to go to three GS locations to get the 4 games I wanted Wheelman, BC, PoP, and MLB 2K9.

@mkernan

Yeah I know about the gutted games being talked about here. But everything in the game I got looks used. The case, even the sleeve. Also, don't they seal up the sleeve when they put used games in it? If so, then they didn't just reuse the sleeve.

I just ordered my shit online.

Went to purchase Oblivion for PS3 in-store and all they had was a gutted copy. I asked if they had any sealed ones, and the fat nerd behind the counter asked why I would want a sealed copy when their gutted copy was just as good. That's the first thing he said, when he could have easily said, "no, sorry, you're getting our last new copy so it's gutted", or something along those lines. I then proceeded to COMPLAIN really loudly, like borderline yelling, and he shitted his pants and offered to call the local stores so I could spend more gas in hopes of a new/sealed copy.

I just left the store, and bought my shit online. Oblivion GOTY and PoP was what I wanted, and surprisingly, they had it available.

fuck GameStop.. though I'm going again today to check out their B2G1F deal.

Edit: Those bastards.

Picked up a sealed copy of HAWX for the PS3. The mixed reviews leave me with somewhat low expectations, but can't go wrong for $20 of store credit!

I went to the GS in Ankeny, IA on my lunch and saw 50 cent blood in sand mismarked for 20 bucks for PS3. Tried getting the clerk to honor the price on 360 but would only honor PS3 so I snagged that copy.

i forgot to add that i picked up a copy of TC HAWX sealed for the xbox 360 last week.. glad i got there in time because they only had 3 more copies left. I wanted to also snag BC for $20 for 360 but they were all sold out and the manager said he wont be getting any in for a while

[quote name='Mako1215']When does the 20$ end. I still need to pick up Prince of Persia, BC, and Oblivion GOTY[/QUOTE]

Sale ends August 2nd.

[quote name='lokizz']whats with all the hate on the guy with 100 credit left at gamestop? hes just happy he got a good deal and still has money left over for other stuff same as everyone else.[/QUOTE]

mucho lolz..

[quote name='FadeToOne']So what the hell is the 17th-19th deal listed on the site? It would be nice if they filled it in...

(http://www.ebgames.com/gs/landing/sumsale/)[/QUOTE]

Just called in to my local gamestop and they said that the deal for the 17th-19th is the buy 2 get one free used deal which seems a little stange to me. Can someone else verify that this is the deal for the 17th-19th.

Although IMO it doesnt seem like the deal because gamestop has it once every couple of months or so.

[quote name='125125']Just called in to my local gamestop and they said that the deal for the 17th-19th is the buy 2 get one free used deal which seems a little stange to me. Can someone else verify that this is the deal for the 17th-19th.

Although IMO it doesnt seem like the deal because gamestop has it once every couple of months or so.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and the B2G1 was the 16th-19th which is why I'm confused.

Sorry if this is technically off-topic.
To those looking for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for $20 at GS:
I noticed in my Hollywood Video used game search that both HWV stores I've been to had the Xbox 360 version new for $14.99. It didn't look like a sale price, either. Hope this helps someone.

So this deal is advertised as staying up till 8/2/2009 right? I went 2 gamestops in my area and now the games are back up to their normal prices. Online it's the same deal...

What's up with that?

Search for the gamestop summer sale in google, I can't post a link apparently.

[quote name='TheCutUp']So this deal is advertised as staying up till 8/2/2009 right? I went 2 gamestops in my area and now the games are back up to their normal prices. Online it's the same deal...

What's up with that?

Search for the gamestop summer sale in google, I can't post a link apparently.
[/QUOTE]
Yuppers, it's DEAD. GameStop pulled the plug early for some reason. Yesterday was the last day of the sale.

wtf? Is it considered false advertising if they run an ad for a sale but then fail to notify their customers that they "changed their minds?" That is a shady business practice. Regardless my local gamestop said that the sale is back on 090731, so it was just a one day lapse. Bullcrap nonetheless seeing as how I have to waste gas and money going back out to pick up SFIV.

[quote name='cursor101']wtf? Is it considered false advertising if they run an ad for a sale but then fail to notify their customers that they "changed their minds?" That is a shady business practice. Regardless my local gamestop said that the sale is back on 090731, so it was just a one day lapse. Bullcrap nonetheless seeing as how I have to waste gas and money going back out to pick up SFIV.[/QUOTE]
That do you expect from GS? ;)

They sell gutted games as new (which their employees could check out, or are potentially incomplete if they couldn't find all the parts). That's already shady enough.

[quote name='cursor101']wtf? Is it considered false advertising if they run an ad for a sale but then fail to notify their customers that they "changed their minds?" That is a shady business practice. Regardless my local gamestop said that the sale is back on 090731, so it was just a one day lapse. Bullcrap nonetheless seeing as how I have to waste gas and money going back out to pick up SFIV.[/QUOTE]

:cry:

With the SF IV $20 new deal, it was not advertised, e-mailed, or even had a flier. So they did nothing wrong. The only way we knew (or I knew) about it was because some friendly CAG working on Gamestop posted it here.

[quote name='salazarmark']With the SF IV $20 new deal, it was not advertised, e-mailed, or even had a flier. So they did nothing wrong. The only way we knew (or I knew) about it was because some friendly CAG working on Gamestop posted it here.[/QUOTE]

But the other games WERE advertised. Like Bionic Commando and such...

bread's done
Back