GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technole']Simple, move Fallout 3 to the top of the backlog. You'll thank yourself.[/QUOTE]

Yep, but you won't get to the rest of your backlog for a long, long while :p

It's an awesome game, but man does it suck up your time.

[quote name='kk012']

For this current sale, if GS was going to sell me a new game which was gutted, I'd probably would have asked for an unopened one or just left. That might just be me though.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I remember when Best Buy was pimping some stupid Game Dr. The employee tried to get me to buy it. I told him no. He then asked what happens if you get a scratch on the game? I told him I take care of my games. He then tried one last time and said what happens if you loan it to a friend and he scratches it? I preceded to tell him, I don't give me games out to other people. He walked away disappointed I wasn't a sucker for the stupid Game Dr.

[quote name='splintercell']I was running some errands today and I ran into Best Buy to see if they would price match Bionic Commando. Despite being pretty sure I have price matched a couple of GS items there before, I was told that they don't match Gamestop at all, "because they set their own prices".[/QUOTE]

:bomb:

hit me up if you got a sealed BIonic commando for trade, mine GS's were pick cleaned

Picked up Bionic Commando at my local store, there was 1 copy left on the shelves which had 3 stickers on 'em. I was hoping and expecting that there would be more BCs, but he sadly gave me that which was definitely guttered. I took it, because the disc surprisingly had no scratches and the first two stickers I got off without any marks. But the last sticker, ARRRGHGHG:bomb:!!! It left a really nasty mark, tried to remove it with some Nail Polish Remover - which left some minor stains on the plastic. I'll probably go back and get a new copy.

[quote name='PS3_Moose']I'm going to hold off on Fallout. I will get Oblivion however.

Which of these would be good to get as well?

RE: Umbrella Chronicles
Prince of Persia
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
GTA IV[/QUOTE]

you may want to get gta4. ive heard alot of mixed reviews on pop and i will tell you gta4 is a very basic gta game but its got a pretty big multiplayer community which to be honest is where you will get most of your fun. dunno about raindow 6.

[quote name='dino88']Great job on getting 3x what you paid for it (since when is buying something for $5 and selling it for $10 getting 3x what you paid...but that's a whole other issue), but that has nothing to do with your post that I quoted. Your post told people that they could get the game for $10 if they did a buy and return. That is what I responded to and congratulated you on finding such a great deal.

I'm aware that you didn't post a separate thread. I was just questioning whether or not I should post a thread for my awesome find (3 games for $9!!!).

:wall:[/QUOTE]

I got 15 for it because I traded with other games which answers your 3x statement. I was honestly just trying to be nice to people telling them that if they bought it and ended up not liking it they could take it back and half of what they paid for it before the price plummeted. Your new so I guess you do not understand the fact that reporting what you got in trade deals for games is what we do around here.

:drool:

[quote name='bjstucker']I got 15 for it because I traded with other games which answers your 3x statement. I was honestly just trying to be nice to people telling them that if they bought it and ended up not liking it they could take it back and half of what they paid for it before the price plummeted. Your new so I guess you do not understand the fact that reporting what you got in trade deals for games is what we do around here.

:drool:[/QUOTE]
Then why did the first person that responded to your post say essentially the same thing as me? They aren't knew to the site. That's just a petty dig and one that I could care less about (I actually find it funny that someone would care how long one's been around). You made a mistake and should have just accepted it. No big deal. But you arguing your obvious error is just making you sound silly.

After going to a number of Gamestops in northern Virginia, I was able to get H.A.W.X., Bionic Commando, and Mirror's Edge for $20 each (all PS3), sealed.

Thanks for the heads up, by the way, OP.

Thanks OP. Picked up Bionic Commando for PS3 at my local Gamestop. The employee was surprised at the scanned price until he remembered it was part of the sale.

I picked up GH:WT band kit for Wii today but when I got home to set it up there wasn't a kick pedal in the box. Both the outer box and drum box were sealed so it looks like it was a packing error. I called GS but they didn't want to take it as defective claiming they would incur a charge from the manufacturer. I sent a help ticket to Activision so here's hoping they'll send a replacement. Any advice if both companies stonewall me?

[quote name='yukonrye']I picked up GH:WT band kit for Wii today but when I got home to set it up there wasn't a kick pedal in the box. Both the outer box and drum box were sealed so it looks like it was a packing error. I called GS but they didn't want to take it as defective claiming they would incur a charge from the manufacturer. I sent a help ticket to Activision so here's hoping they'll send a replacement. Any advice if both companies stonewall me?[/QUOTE]

screw that, i would take back to gamestop and insist on an exchange or refund...any charge they incur is not your problem

[quote name='splintercell']I was running some errands today and I ran into Best Buy to see if they would price match Bionic Commando. Despite being pretty sure I have price matched a couple of GS items there before, I was told that they don't match Gamestop at all, "because they set their own prices".[/QUOTE]

i'd ask to see a manager and call them out on it - they most definitely can match gamestop, i had them do it with hawx and scene it: BOS on friday afternoon.

all they did was call one of the local GS (of which there are about 30 in a 5 mile radius) to verify that it was in stock...voila, $20 each and i get my reward zone points. :)

[quote name='Jedi1979']screw that, i would take back to gamestop and insist on an exchange or refund...any charge they incur is not your problem[/QUOTE]

Seriously, don't let them walk on you like that. They sold you a product with missing parts. It's not like it was your fault.

I'm sure others have said this but I HATE that used is $15 more than new WTF!?!?!? Oh well picked up wheelman and put a few hours into, not bad for $20. Gonna try to pricematch Hawx and Bionic Commando at best buy some time this week.

I'll just try to deal with Activision first. I'm OK with them mailing a replacement pedal (if they actually agree to it). I really really really hate Gamestop and hauling that huge GH box back with a stroller and 2 kids (ages 2 & 4) would be a hassle. Getting the box to my car from the store was a PITA. The last time I tried to buy something from Gamestop they tried to sell me a "NEW" copy of Cars for the PS2, which was of course a gutted copy and they didn't even have the manual. I should have known better to set foot in there but a good deal is a good deal.

On the topic of Gamestop selling opened games as New, has anyone else' local stores been neglecting to seal the cases with the gamestop stickers? The couple new games I've purchased lately they have not sealed. I didn't even think of it until I got home in each case, but I hadn't planned on returning them anyways. My point being, you don't really have a way to return the new games if they don't seal them, unless they've let up on that rule recently.

I had to ask when I bought and the guy didn't even know what I was talking about to seal the game.. he used a price tag sticker that pretty much fell off on its own about 20 minutes later. ugh. I guess I stick with 360 HAWX over the PS3. ;)

[quote name='morphineseason']On the topic of Gamestop selling opened games as New, has anyone else' local stores been neglecting to seal the cases with the gamestop stickers? The couple new games I've purchased lately they have not sealed. I didn't even think of it until I got home in each case, but I hadn't planned on returning them anyways. My point being, you don't really have a way to return the new games if they don't seal them, unless they've let up on that rule recently.[/QUOTE]

i made a post earlier in the thread about this topic. I got an opened bionic commando that didn't have a seal. I specifically asked if i could still return it for full refund. The guy said yes and also wrote a note on the receipt for me.

I've returned games like this before but im sure its ymmv depending on your store. Just make sure they write something on the receipt for you.

If it does have a seal then ask them to open it in front of you. Tell them you want to make sure it has all contents and the disc is in new condition.

[quote name='morphineseason']On the topic of Gamestop selling opened games as New, has anyone else' local stores been neglecting to seal the cases with the gamestop stickers? The couple new games I've purchased lately they have not sealed. I didn't even think of it until I got home in each case, but I hadn't planned on returning them anyways. My point being, you don't really have a way to return the new games if they don't seal them, unless they've let up on that rule recently.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought a "new" copy of Wheelman for 360 today (aka - gutted, last copy - funny story, the clerk even used the term "gutted") and he neglected to place a seal sticker on it. I went and traded it to Blockbuster, so I was pretty sure I was not going to be trying to return it, so I didn't care. I suspect he was just in a hurry. If I tried to return it though, I'm sure it would be my word versus theirs, so YMMV on that.

But yeah, moral of the story is always ask them to put the seal on it if there's any chance you'll be returning the gutted, "new" game.

Picked up Bionic Commando and HAWX. Noticed people talking about seal stickers. I don't have my games on me right now, but I didn't notice them putting anything additional on the cases. What does it look like? I'd probably want to trade them in somewhere after I play Platinum them both.

If you have a gutted game, the sticker is just a round little sticker that they tape across one part of the case side that opens, to show to them that it's supposedly "new" and not "opened."

No sticker on my gutted game, either, but I was trading it in after finishing it, so it didn't matter as much to me this time (plus, I forgot to ask for one in my giddiness at finding BC for the 360 in stock). I had the cashier show me the relatively scratch-less bottom of the disc before I bought it as well.

They don't use the sticker around here anymore. Now they have some kind of pouch they put the game in, looks sort of like a comic book bag.

Heck one store already had the game I bought pre-bagged, which made me laugh at the absurdity.

[quote name='kojubat']They don't use the sticker around here anymore. Now they have some kind of pouch they put the game in, looks sort of like a comic book bag.

Heck one store already had the game I bought pre-bagged, which made me laugh at the absurdity.[/QUOTE]
I got a "new", gutted copy of Bionic Commando this weekend at GS and they DID use a clear circular sticker to seal the game.

[quote name='Tybee']Just out of curiosity, do they gut the "new" games sold online?[/QUOTE]

Almost never although some people say they've gotten open things before... but it's rare. (that people get opened stuff)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tybee']Just out of curiosity, do they gut the "new" games sold online?[/QUOTE]

every new game i got from gamestop online was sealed same for in store as well.

If that's the case, why even patronize the B&M's? You're paying the same price online (using the free shipping code) and are more likely to get an unopened game. No hassle/gas spent running around town. Just have to have the patience to wait a few days.

[quote name='Tybee']If that's the case, why even patronize the B&M's? You're paying the same price online (using the free shipping code) and are more likely to get an unopened game. No hassle/gas spent running around town. Just have to have the patience to wait a few days.[/QUOTE]
It is not uncommon for a game to be sold out online but not at B&M. Plenty of people also don't want to wait a few days (and it is longer than a few in my experience). Some people also don't mind gutted copies when the discs are pristine.

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='kojubat']They don't use the sticker around here anymore. Now they have some kind of pouch they put the game in, looks sort of like a comic book bag.

Heck one store already had the game I bought pre-bagged, which made me laugh at the absurdity.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Gotten the comic bag, the clear sticker, and a blank price tag sticker all from different stores. Its practically YMMV now on sealing gutted games.

I got the last HAWX, gutted and it had like 5 different price tags on top of each other. Definitely the last store copy alright.

How is gamestop about returning gutted games? I bought one last night, still haven't played it, and now I'm wanting to return it. I really am not in the mood to get any hassle about it when I go in there lol.

If its Bionic Commando, keep it. Otherwise as long as its still "sealed" with their sticker or packaging they will take it back no questions asked.

Out of the 5 "new" games I picked up yesterday only 1 was unopened. The other 4 molested games have no "seal" to prove anything. Don't even get me started on the condition of said games.

)-(

I've never had a problem returning a gutted, new game. They're so common at GameStop by this point, that I think they return them just as easily as they sell them. I actually prefer when they don't seal a gutted copy, because many times they won't let you check out the disc before they reseal it. If the packaging was already opened previously, ALWAYS try to inspect the disc before you leave the store. That's your right as a customer, to ensure that new merchandise is being sold in new condition.

I was once sold a new PSP game, a gutted one at that, and they resealed it before they rang up the transaction. Before leaving the store, I opened the seal, checked out the UMD, and noticed it had as many scratches as a used game. I immediately requested my money back, which the manager did for me without a problem. If you ever do have a problem in a situation like that, just go up the chain of command, to the store manager then ask for the district manager if need be, as someone will be able to help you. As long as you're returning the item in the same condition that you bought it in (resealed or not), within the return policy window, they should have no issues in taking the product back.

Yeah, one of the managers I know shows me the "new" BD if I approve, before he seals the case. As I was saying before, its not that I don't trust gutted games especially since PS3 games are practically scratch resistant. Its just the principle.

[quote name='Tybee']If that's the case, why even patronize the B&M's? You're paying the same price online (using the free shipping code) and are more likely to get an unopened game. No hassle/gas spent running around town. Just have to have the patience to wait a few days.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Bought HAWX, BIONIC COMMANDO and MLB 2K9 from the website, free s/h, all brand new sealed copies and got here in 7 days. Saved me from having to go the local store, talk to the idiots who work in there, and try to sweet talk my way into a non "gutted" copy.

I bought Prince of Persia and Bionic Commando from the website and they gave me a the Limited edition of PoP instead, I guess they ran out of the regular version. SAVER codes also gave me free 2 day shipping which was an excellent plus!

[quote name='pokadotpowerpuff']I bought Prince of Persia and Bionic Commando from the website and they gave me a the Limited edition of PoP instead, I guess they ran out of the regular version. SAVER codes also gave me free 2 day shipping which was an excellent plus![/QUOTE]

The only reason I did not buy Prince of Persia online was because I wanted the Limited Edition. Ugh...

BTW- they are the same price.

[quote name='Shimrra']Anyone have any issues with returning gutted games?[/QUOTE]

They're supposed to put a sticker on gutted games to "seal" it back up. If that sticker is still unbroken, all's good. If they don't do it, good luck.

Random Gamestop question that perhaps someone can help me with.

I bought a used game for $44.95 two days ago and used CAG16 and SAVER. The total shows up at a little over $40 including tax.

I get a confirmation email that my gift card was charged $47.

I email Gamestop and he says I can't use both codes together.

I called today and wanted an explanation because if it shows up as one price when I hit purchase, I don't know how legally they can charge me more after I hit purchase. The guy online said it wasn't an "official" GS code because I didn't find it on their website. I said I just wanted an explanation of why I could be charged more than what it showed when I hit purchase. He said CAG16 could only be used on games over $50, still not answering my question. I asked again, and finally his manager just said to credit me the extra money I paid. I don't even care about the $7, but I never did get a good answer to my question.

Has anyone ever had a problem using these codes together? It sounded like a bunch of BS from their POV. I still am clueless how it can show up as one price when you hit purchase and then you get charged a different price after. Just be careful and check online that they aren't doing the same thing to you.

[quote name='mac_rmm']Random Gamestop question that perhaps someone can help me with.

I bought a used game for $44.95 two days ago and used CAG16 and SAVER. The total shows up at a little over $40 including tax.

I get a confirmation email that my gift card was charged $47.

I email Gamestop and he says I can't use both codes together.

I called today and wanted an explanation because if it shows up as one price when I hit purchase, I don't know how legally they can charge me more after I hit purchase. The guy online said it wasn't an "official" GS code because I didn't find it on their website. I said I just wanted an explanation of why I could be charged more than what it showed when I hit purchase. He said CAG16 could only be used on games over $50, still not answering my question. I asked again, and finally his manager just said to credit me the extra money I paid. I don't even care about the $7, but I never did get a good answer to my question.

Has anyone ever had a problem using these codes together? It sounded like a bunch of BS from their POV. I still am clueless how it can show up as one price when you hit purchase and then you get charged a different price after. Just be careful and check online that they aren't doing the same thing to you.[/QUOTE]

Well, this doesn't help you much, but the stuff I ordered from their "handpicked" sale did stack correctly and I was charged the right amount (as it was when I checked out)... so something got screwed in their system. Not sure why they're telling you they won't stack, though.

And there's no way it's legal for them to charge you more than the amount they presented without contacting you for your consent (or just cancelling the order saying it was a mistake)... try to talk to a supervisor, and if they don't do something to fix the problem, you may want to contact your state attorney general's office... do you have a printout of your original order confirmation showing your original price? (if you don't have "proof" you're sorta dead in the water unless you get a very sympathetic supervisor)

bread's done
Back