GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants Guitar Hero: World Tour still, I found the whole band kit for the PS3 at Wal-Mart up by my Cabin up north in Wisconsin for 67.98 or whatever. I mean I only have Guitar Hero III and then just purchased RB2 disc-only, but for $8 more than what the disc alone would cost, I couldn't pass it up!

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']What is it about Star Wars: The Force Unleashed that caused every original buyer to basically rip up their manual or destory their case?

I have been to two different Gamestops and two different Game Crazys and I have found seven copies of this game and all were either their missing case, book or both. The one exception had both but the case insert was ripped so that only the front cover was there, with the back panel missing....[/QUOTE]

The one I picked up a few days ago used at gamecrazy was also sort of beat up, the manual mostly. I think it has something to do with kids owning the game. As most M rated games tend to be pretty good used, while Wii games and games like this where kids own them tend to get pretty beat up.

Bionic Commando is now off the list online (but still on sale) as it is currently unavailable online. Just thought I'd point that out. Check your local store for availability.

Picked up PS3 versions of Bionic Commando, HAWX, Wheelman, SBK Superbike & Trivial Pursuit all $19.99ea and only SBK was gutted.. was a great deal

One of my local GS's had stacks of GHWT band kits and prominently placed signs showing the price. It doesn't look like too many people are buying this thing even at $100 off, at least not at this store. Maybe they'll lower the price even further? Those boxes really are taking up a huge amount of space.

One GS I went to had stacks of GHWT kits in the entrace way you could hardly see the checkout. The guy kept upselling it despite me telling him I have the superior RB2 kit and World Tour already.

There are just too many of these produced, just imagine how many they will produce for GH5.

Last edited by a moderator:
952105b.jpg

$.99 the end. :lol:

technole, I wasn't necessarily complaining about the "pea shooter" I was just giving my reasoning as to why it sounds so weak-- a homage to the older BC games.

Picked up a sealed copy of Bionic Commando for $19.99. I had some stuff to trade in and couldn't resist at that low price.

[quote name='crunchewy']One of my local GS's had stacks of GHWT band kits and prominently placed signs showing the price. It doesn't look like too many people are buying this thing even at $100 off, at least not at this store. Maybe they'll lower the price even further? Those boxes really are taking up a huge amount of space.[/QUOTE]

Activision seems to be trying to kill their own market with all their flooding of new titles, especially if they're going to release a new game and instruments on a yearly basis.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Activision seems to be trying to kill their own market with all their flooding of new titles, especially if they're going to release a new game and instruments on a yearly basis.[/QUOTE]

They are also killing the space in our houses with all the plastic peripherals... :bomb:

snagged the last copy of Bionic Commando (360) at one of my local GameStops. Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='mr_bungle']Where do you see that at? When I look for GTAIV online it still says 34.99 (I need to buy one, reason I'm asking.)[/QUOTE]

Its posted twice. Once at 35 and down below at 25.

[quote name='Jackrabbit$lim']Okay, after using Gamestop's website to make a purchase, I noticed on my bank account that I was charged two more times for purchases I didn't make. It even says on my account on Gamestop's website that I made only one $24.99 purchase. These two extra charges have caused me to overdraw my account and now I've got a $35 overdraft fee! What the fuck?!?![/QUOTE]
Very similar issue happened to me ... my credit card company called me yesterday as they suspected fraudulent activity.

I had ordered 5 games from the website.

When they reviewed the charges with me, there were 4 charges from Gamestop. One for $85.xx (for 4 games that had shipped) and THREE charges for $21.xx for the remaining game that was still pending. They approved 2 of the $21.xx charges and rejected the 3rd.

I called Gamestop and they said that everything looked fine on their side. They had no information showing multiple charges or any rejected charges and said the game was due to ship later that day. They told me that if I was double charged or overcharged to call back and they would take care of it.

Wait a min... this is confusing me alot!

For the GS/EB weekly ad sale it shows TC HAWX for $39.99 but online it shows it for $20?

Is there a typo or error? Which one is the correct price because im going to pick up HAWX today

Just called my local GS and the guy said that the Prince of Persia limited edition was just a Gamestop thing for pre-orders. They haven't had those since the initial shipment of the game. Didn't bother telling him he was wrong. Guess I'll have to go look for myself.

I got the last sealed copy of BC at the Lodi, NJ GS. They had no copies of Hawx and the Wheelman games were all gutted.

Picked up BC PS3 B&M and also got the pre-order patches. Maybe had my sole good customer interaction at a GS in my life the people that worked there were great.

They also had TONS of Guitar Hero shit it's insane...

[quote name='v-pahl']That's happened to me before when I was in high school. If you get the charges refunded and then call your bank, credit card company, etc. and tell them the vendor made a mistake and wasn't supposed to charge you, as evidenced by them refunding their charges, they might go ahead and remove the $35 overdraft charge. That's what I did and they didn't have any problem removing the fee. However, that was a credit union and they are usually nicer to deal with than the big regional and national companies.[/QUOTE]

I work for a bank and what you have are two autorization holds pending on your account. They can sit there for 3 days before released on their own. You need to call your bank and have them drop those.

picked up hawx and scene it: BOS both for 360 today at best buy, they price matched both. $19.99 each (the girl at customer service seemed shocked that bby was selling hawx for $59.99 and GS had it on sale for $19.99).

i might go back and grab wheelman too, depending on how long the sale lasts...

[quote name='crackers8199']picked up hawx and scene it: BOS both for 360 today at best buy, they price matched both. $19.99 each (the girl at customer service seemed shocked that bby was selling hawx for $59.99 and GS had it on sale for $19.99).

i might go back and grab wheelman too, depending on how long the sale lasts...[/QUOTE]

Did you have to have an ad to provide to best buy to price match?

[quote name='Dynasty1756']Did you have to have an ad to provide to best buy to price match?[/QUOTE]

i printed out the website with the price and they just called the closest gamestop to see if they had it in stock...that's it.

the first one had hawx in stock but didn't have scene it - so i pointed out that there were about 10 gamestops within a 5 mile radius that they could call to check stock, and they caved and matched the price anyway without calling any other stores...

Received the first part of my online order today, just 48 hours after placing it. Item is in brand new, wrapped condition.

Per tracking info, the rest of it should arrive on Monday.

[quote name='flix1']Very similar issue happened to me ... my credit card company called me yesterday as they suspected fraudulent activity.

I had ordered 5 games from the website.

When they reviewed the charges with me, there were 4 charges from Gamestop. One for $85.xx (for 4 games that had shipped) and THREE charges for $21.xx for the remaining game that was still pending. They approved 2 of the $21.xx charges and rejected the 3rd.

I called Gamestop and they said that everything looked fine on their side. They had no information showing multiple charges or any rejected charges and said the game was due to ship later that day. They told me that if I was double charged or overcharged to call back and they would take care of it.[/QUOTE]

Be careful and check your CC statements. If you accidentally clicked one of those "offers" that is at the end of the website confirmation for a future $10 off you might have inadvertently signed up with one of those club services that offers promos and stuff like DeepDiscount had on their site.

Not trying to point out the obvious if you already know about this stuff, but sometimes people miss it or inadvertently click.

[quote name='twistedfate79']My Best Buy couldn't do the 110% price match, the computer said it wasn't allowed :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Yet it's in print on their ad. You got 'em by the balls there, bud.

got prince of persia limited edition sealed brand new for ps3 for only $20 at my gamestop. I only asked for the regular prince of persia for ps3 but they gave me the limited edition sealed for the same price.

[quote name='Matt Young']I would call, but it's 10:30 P.M. Does anyone know how much Gamestop or Gamecrazy gives for trade credit on Bionic Commando or HAWX?[/QUOTE]
AFAIK, 18 dollars or so.. but wouldn't they put up some red flags if you're buying those games then trading them in.. lol

Sigh, can't believe I'm bothering to ask as I get the feeling I know the answer, but has anyone tried the ski-doo snowmobile game? Ever since the first Sled Storm I've hoped for a suitable successor or at least a fun snowmobile game.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Sigh, can't believe I'm bothering to ask as I get the feeling I know the answer, but has anyone tried the ski-doo snowmobile game? Ever since the first Sled Storm I've hoped for a suitable successor or at least a fun snowmobile game.[/QUOTE]

It's not good at all but it has easy achievements.

bb price matched bionic for x360 and ps3 @ 19.99. they werent happy about it and i didnt push on the 110% policy. gonna hit another bb tomorrow. btw, i didnt have print out - had them check online and then they called the local GS to check stock

yeah I'm supposed to go back today with my bro and he wants to pick up the force unleashed however I'm iffy if i'm gonna buy another game but if I do it's either gonna be NG2 or Mirror's Edge

[quote name='chelosera91']Any chances this sell will still be when the B2G1 starts?[/QUOTE]
You do know B2G1 only applies to used games, right?

Love it. Went into 3 different gamestops looking for Bionic Commando, HAWX or Star Wars Force Unleashed. All had no new sealed copies of any. They damn sure had on average 6-10 "new" unsealed copies though.

Needless to say, I bought nothing. Is there really a reason they gut 10 copies of a single game when they have an empty case on the shelf to begin with?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Love it. Went into 3 different gamestops looking for Bionic Commando, HAWX or Star Wars Force Unleashed. All had no new sealed copies of any. They damn sure had on average 6-10 "new" unsealed copies though.

Needless to say, I bought nothing. Is there really a reason they gut 10 copies of a single game when they have an empty case on the shelf to begin with?[/QUOTE]

yah so 10 different employees cam play it at the same time:whistle2:#, no i kid i kid, i dont know why they do it

I usually stay far away because of gutted "new" games but I took a chance. I asked for sealed copies of Star Wars: Force Unleased, Wheelman and MLB 2K9 and was happily surprised to get all 3. It appears most of their games are sealed and I am on the fence for Hawx and BC.

bread's done
Back