GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
On topic, I'm torn. I've never played PoP so I'll probably get that, but I can't decide whether or not to get Oblivion now or wait for the B2G1F. It SEEMS to be a permanent drop, but I could be wrong....

dammit I just paid $25 for deadly creatures...thought I was getting a deal and all... GS you've tricked me again!
cool game though

Gonna get Oblivion GOTY for $20 and throw it on my shelf. I've wanted to play it forever but never got around to it. I've got a wad of GS credit and it'll find itself played one of these days. :D

Will have to check my phone later and see what new things are added to the list.

Guess I gotta stop by Gamestop tomorrow to pick up some stuff. I needed to study for my midterm.. but if the deals are as sweet as everyone is claiming they'll be, I guess it's worth it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, that's a little weird.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so I'm not going completely insane when I didn't see them on the web *whew*

The only thing I can think of is that, if this sale is real and they don't show up on the web, it'll be similar to their "used deal of the week" games where those are in store only as well and don't show up on the web.

We will know in about 3 hours anyways.. I guarantee some east coast CAG will call their Gamestop right at 10 am when they open to get a price check to let everyone else know (because I know I sure as hell plan to).

[quote name='xeno']Im going to guess that Mirrors Edge and Dead Space will be 20 also , since both of them are 20 at different stores already.[/QUOTE]

What store has Dead Space for $20? Best Buy and most other stores like Amazon still have it for nearly $40. Target is $30 though.

Also, I want Bionic Commando and Wheelman at this price. Can I afford it? Not really with a new mortgage but I'm gonna get them anyway. Can't beat those prices.

[quote name='Roufuss']The only thing I can think of is that, if this sale is real and they don't show up on the web, it'll be similar to their "used deal of the week" games where those are in store only as well and don't show up on the web.

We will know in about 3 hours anyways.. I guarantee some east coast CAG will call their Gamestop right at 10 am when they open to get a price check to let everyone else know (because I know I sure as hell plan to).[/QUOTE]

My gamestop opens at 8:30AM, EST.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']My gamestop opens at 8:30AM, EST.[/QUOTE]

damn thats early in NJ my GS opens at 10:00

Is the 10% off coupon that was floating around a while back for signing up for their newsletter still available? I know it was the only coupon that could be used for new games.

[quote name='Rob26Smith']Is the 10% off coupon that was floating around a while back for signing up for their newsletter still available? I know it was the only coupon that could be used for new games.[/QUOTE]

It died a while ago.RIP 10% coupon. The prices of this stuff might only be on the new games or is it used and new?

[quote name='maximumzero']Also, it's a bit underhanded but I just bought Bionic Commando from Best Buy for $45 (via coupons & reward zone certificates) so I think I'm gonna grab BC from Gamestop and then returned that sealed copy to Best Buy with my receipt.[/QUOTE]
Why not just price match? You're gonna be going to Customer Service to return the item anyway, you will get 110% of the difference, plus you will not get a gutted copy.

[quote name='s2k']It died a while ago.RIP 10% coupon. The prices of this stuff might only be on the new games or is it used and new?[/QUOTE]

if it's a temporary drop it will only affect new games. if it's a permanent drop the used games should be 17.99. that would be great for the upcoming b2g1

Deadly Creatures looks like it might be fun. Munchables is great... very much worth 19.99.

Nothing I don't already have (or want) for the 360 or PS3.

I'm definitely picking up BC is it's on sale for $20. It's currently sitting in my Amazon cart waiting for my gift cards to come in the mail, but I will gladly save myself $32.

[quote name='Rob26Smith']if it's a temporary drop it will only affect new games. if it's a permanent drop the used games should be 17.99. that would be great for the upcoming b2g1[/QUOTE]

OP says it's a temp sale on new prices only.

[quote name='hobbie8046']OP says it's a temp sale on new prices only.[/QUOTE]

Yes, on the titles in the OP.

But for the other $20 titles, the used prices are inline with the new drops (17.99). It's not like the used price is higher than the new price, which happens in most temporary sales.

what i can tell on DS psp
ds
Dreamer: Teacher
Diva Girls: Divas on Ice
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
Rune Factory 2: Fantasy Harvest Moon
Fashion Week Junior Designer
Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood
Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends
Broken Sword

PSP
Dragonball Evolution

noting at all on the ps2

Just a major flop for me

PSP = Crap... there is such a lack of good new games I see it as a dead format.

I just use my iPhone.

Is is just me? I don't see Bionic Commando on the site for sale anywhere. A bunch of the games listed in the OP are also now discounted on gamestop's site not not BC.

Getting HAWX for the PS3 and maybe Prince of Persia. I'll have to see what other games have price drops in the store since it looks like they didn't list all of them online.

getting resident evil umbrella chronicles, didn't see bionic commando on the list. i'll have to check gamestop later. if it is, i'm getting a copy.

[quote name='rant']Standing outside the store now. Will update in a few minutes. :)[/QUOTE]

You are a committed CAG !!!!!

Please let us know.

[quote name='Chocolatejas']Confirmed in store yet?[/QUOTE]
My closest stores don't open until 9:30/10 CST, so I have to wait until then at least. I was hoping east coast could confirm before I headed out, lol.

Is this officially starting today? Like if I go out of my house is BC going to be $20 or is it a maybe? The GS website still has it listed for $60.

Wow! there is soooo much stuff for $20 on the price drop section of the website under systems. C&C Red Alert 3 is good at that price if you didn't get it at the BBY $10 sale (which I didn't and was the only one I really wanted!)

Either, way, I'll be heading to one here in Houston during lunch. I'll have to pull out the plastic though to get anything...oh well!

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Star Wars:STFU is $20 new and $27 used. Is that how you can tell its part of the sale, I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

Star Wars: Shut the fuck Up?

Starwars: STFU was an underrated game IMO.

Not perfect but worth $20 if you like button mashers.

8/10

[quote name='FadeToOne']Star Wars: Shut the fuck Up?[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was wondering if anyone else would notice that.

Seems Madden 09 Collector's Edition (PS3/360) is $29.99 new if anyone cares to collect those kinds of things. Can be found for a bit cheaper used if you look around online, though.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Star Wars:STFU is $20 new and $27 used. Is that how you can tell its part of the sale, I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

Most likely, yes.

I noticed a bit ago that many of the titles now have "Temporary price reduction" in green underneath the "Usually ships within 24 hours."

bread's done
Back