GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI: games may be STICKERED RETAIL PRICE BUT THEY HAVE DROPPED

Just got back from one of my local stores (12:00 est).
None of the games where set aside or even marked down
but they all scanned at $20 in the system

Just the manager was on this morn and hadn't had time to apply any of the morning updates.
So if you go in or call and get discouraged, don't, just bring them up to the register.

BC
TC Hawk
SW Force Unleashed
all for about $62

Thank you OP!

[quote name='Okatha']I checked a local store, Bionic Commando is still ringing up at $59.99.[/QUOTE]

I just called my local store (Beaver Dam, WI), they said the deal is going on...

[quote name='Kenrik'] Fallout 3 > Oblivion

they both still rock though... I wasted over 100 hours on Fallout 3 and I still have not seen half of the stuff in the game. [/QUOTE]

I guess it's all on your style of play, do you like a more futuristic shooter type that is more focused on the major storyline, and a little less on the side missions, or do you like an old style RPG with swords/bow and arrows that is more focused on free roaming then the major storyline.

[quote name='jchasse']FYI: games may be STICKERED RETAIL PRICE BUT THEY HAVE DROPPED

but they all scanned at $20 in the system[/QUOTE]

Yup, worked on BC for the 360 this morning in Chicago. The cashier wasn't aware of the drop, but the register rung up the right price, nonetheless. Oh, and it was nice to lock in the Amazon trade-in value, too (currently at $18.00 for the 360; $14 for PS3). Time to swing around some...

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']gonna try and pick up BC for 360 for me a PS3 for my cousin.

I might think about picking up SW:STFU too[/QUOTE]

Star Wars Shut The fuck Up is well worth the $20.

Looks like (from the website) that SMT: Persona 3 FES dropped to $15 new which is a steal if you don't have it already. I got it from Amazon just the other week for $20 which I thought was a great deal.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']gonna try and pick up BC for 360 for me a PS3 for my cousin.

I might think about picking up SW:STFU too[/QUOTE]

lol
i would love to play star wars : shut the fuck up

that would be a hell of a game.

im prob gonna pick up bionic commando.
seems like a damn good price

[quote name='jchasse']FYI: games may be STICKERED RETAIL PRICE BUT THEY HAVE DROPPED

but they all scanned at $20 in the system

Thank you OP![/QUOTE]

Jchasse, we are talking about the new games right, not used. The more I've read the thread since last night, the more confused I got. Thanks.

[quote name='___Vizion___']I went up there at 10 this morning and picked up Bionic Commando, Prince of Persia: LE, Mirror's Edge (used), Henry Hatsworth (shelf copy already open), Broken Sword (shelf copy also). Thank you original poster. Bionic commando and Prince of persia were not already gutted, so I hope everyone else has the same luck.[/QUOTE]

Was Harry Hatsworth on sale?

My store had the games marked as $20, but intermingled with all the other games so I had to search around. Picked up Bionic Commando

Was hoping for a Dead Space drop as well, but got BC and Wheelman online. Was thinking of HAWX but I don't like flight games like Ace Combat.

Don't forget to use SAVER to get free shipping over $25, or FREESHIP for orders over $50.

GS in Rockefeller PLaza has Bionic Commando and Hawx in stock but only Hawx is gutted. I am going to stop by during lunch and pick at least 2 BC up and one Wheelman PS3 since my girl is bugging me to get it for her.

[quote name='pastorscott19']Thoughts on Wheelman? Is it worth $20?[/QUOTE]

Very much so. More fun than GTA4 IMO.

[quote name='guicao']just got Sonic Unleasedh (19.99) + Bionic Comando (19.99)
North Miami Biach Gamestop

hope the recession continues... !!!!!![/QUOTE]
is sonic any good?

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']ok guys checked on the MGS4 LE and it is NOT 9.89 or whatever. still 59.99 :([/QUOTE]

Methinks the sale is Canada only.

picked up bionic commando, sealed, for 19.99

Asked the ASSHAT what other games pricedropped, or if he had a list. He said "IDK MAN LIKE 200 PRICE DROPPED YO". The fat piece of crap was rude as hell as well.

picked up BC for both systems, HAWX for 360 and ABBA Singstar for my sis. good deals.

[quote name='chimpian']anyone know of any big difference between Bionic commando on ps3 and 360?[/QUOTE]

I found a post over at http://www.bioniccommando.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474

"So I first got the xbox 360 version and everything is fine except for . . .
1. Bad video sync issues . . . too much video tearing and threading during game play and cutscenes.
2. Frame rate is a little slow compared to PS3.
3. Anti aliasing is bad (most console games do this well for better lines)

The ps3 version has no video tearing what so ever . . . frame rate is smooth and even goes over 60fps no audio compression.

I rented the ps3 version and now i'm waiting to get the pc version because the nvidia/alienware/physx logos all over the first level seem to suggest better . . . so i have one question for the admins . . . why does the xbox version have video tearing in the game?"

fuck it ill grab it for ps3

[quote name='chimpian']anyone know of any big difference between Bionic commando on ps3 and 360?[/QUOTE]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/bionic-commando-on-console-ssao-vs-v-sync-blog-entry

and

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-360-vs-ps3-face-off-round-20?page=2

They say minus the required install with v-sync the ps3 version graphically is their choice. Also if you have Rearmed I believe on both consoles you can unlock the "classic" character look rather then the silly beefcake they have in there now.

After work I'm going to check GS and try to pick up the ps3 version of BC. After the reviews and how utterly different this is from the original I couldn't pay $60 for it $20 is the sweet spot great deal hopefully this deal is going on at my GS thanks for the heads up CAG

Grabbed the following at the Temple Terrace Gamestop in Tampa (next to USF)

HAWX 360 - $19.99
Wheelman 360 - $19.99
Harry Hatsworth - $19.99

And the employee refunded the $40 in credit from when we got Bionic Commando for $60 three days ago, which was very awesome.. they also had some BC's in stock.

All the games we got were new and sealed, no gutted copies here.

On a side note, also found a used copy of Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood for 360 for $49.99 used, $44.99 after EDGE... not a bad savings on a new game. That, and a copy of Disgaea 3 used, and our credit is completely gone.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

my stores had wheelman, BC, Hawx, and Oblivion, scored one of each. Now finding the time to play any of these with my already hefty backlog will be the next thing to work on.

These prices are apparently from July 8 through August 2. Plenty of time for restocks and such I'm guessing?

Guitar Hero bundle sale is only from July 8 to July 12.

Ordered the following from the website:

:ps3: Bionic Commando $19.99
:ps3: Wheelman $19.99
:ps3: Hawx $19.99
:ps3: Oblivion GOTY $19.99
:ps3: Trivial Pursuit $19.99

Total $99.95
Tax $7.00
TOTAL $106.95

... hoping they won't be gutted.

Use code "SAVER" for FREE SHIPPING

Picked up Oblivion GOTY for PS3 & Deadly Creature for Wii for 12.59 used.

Saw Baja X 1000 for 14.99 new on PS3, don't know if people mentioned it before.
All the other games were also there.

Whoa, Bionic Commando already $20 bucks? Capcom really dropped the ball with that game.

picked up BC this morning. it was the floor/gutted/only copy in the store, so i figured it wasn't worth the hassle of getting to another store to get a sealed copy

[quote name='packratshow']
The clerk said that if a store has the POP LE in stock it should be the same price as they both have the same SKU or UPC.

Oh how I love The CAG![/QUOTE]
The clerk at the GS I stopped at said the same thing... so I walked out of there with an LE version.

I

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Are these games out in a bin or something? I don't understand why some of them would be gutted.[/QUOTE]

yea, i dunno either. either they're the last copy left or they were gutted by the employees for "rental"

[quote name='perdition(troy']What are the differences between the regular version of PoP vs the LE[/QUOTE]

a cardboard outer box.

[quote name='flix1']Ordered the following from the website:

:ps3: Bionic Commando $19.99
:ps3: Wheelman $19.99
:ps3: Hawx $19.99
:ps3: Oblivion GOTY $19.99
:ps3: Trivial Pursuit $19.99

Total $99.95
Tax $7.00
TOTAL $106.95

... hoping they won't be gutted.

Use code "SAVER" for FREE SHIPPING[/QUOTE]
Just checked my online order and I got a freebie added with the Bionic Commando order:

PREMIUM, BIONIC COMMANDO PATCH

I just picked up a copy of Bionic Commando for $20. It was already open, but the disc and case are in perfect condition, so I don't care.

bread's done
Back