GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far the used prices haven't been updated on Gamestop's Web site to account for the sale. I wonder if they will, seeing as how Bionic Commando used is $49.99.

[quote name='RudyPants']So far the used prices haven't been updated on Gamestop's Web site to account for the sale. I wonder if they will, seeing as how Bionic Commando used is $49.99.[/QUOTE]

I think this is just a sale on new copies, not used.

[quote name='flix1']Just checked my online order and I got a freebie added with the Bionic Commando order:

PREMIUM, BIONIC COMMANDO PATCH[/QUOTE]

yea, that's in my order as well. looks like they had a ton left.

I don't know if anyone has posted yet or not, but here is the Xbox list.

Baja: Edge of Control
Bee Movie
Beijing Olympics 2008
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Fallout 3: The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage official Strategy Guide
Gears of war: 2-Disc Edition
Incredible Hulk
Infinite Undiscovery
Iron Man
Lego Batman
Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust
Major League Baseball 2K9
Mirror's Edge
NBA 2K9
Nyko Xbox 360 Intercooler
Prince of Persia
Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy
Scene It? Box Office Smash - Game Only
Shaun White Snowboarding
SKATE
Ski Doo: Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Space Chimps
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Stuntman: Ignition
Tom Clancy's End War
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
Trivial Pursuit
Universal Rock Band Jam Kit
Wheelman
Xbox 360 Vantage USB Mic Logitech

Ok that's the XBOX list. Since I don't own a PS3 or Wii I'm not doing those.

Honestly nothing for me exciting about this list. Looks like a bunch of Average/Below Average stuff they are trying to dump off.

Hi:

Picked up MLB 2k9, Wheelman, and Bionic Commando for 360 at the Gallery Mall at 8th and Market Streets in Philadelphia.

The games were sealed and not messed with at all.

I guess I will add these to my backlog of 10 games...

Thanks OP!
Kevin

[quote name='flix1']Ordered the following from the website:

:ps3: Bionic Commando $19.99
:ps3: Wheelman $19.99
:ps3: Hawx $19.99
:ps3: Wheelman $19.99
:ps3: Trivial Pursuit $19.99

Total $99.95
Tax $7.00
TOTAL $106.95

... hoping they won't be gutted.

Use code "SAVER" for FREE SHIPPING[/QUOTE]If they're website orders, they shouldn't be guts. Out of all the orders I've had with GS.com and EB.com, only two were non-sealed games, and they replaced both games at no charges without any issue.

[quote name='DragynFyre']anyone know how long this is gonna be going on for?[/QUOTE]
According to the clerk I talked to, until the end of the month.

Went out and picked up Hawx and Bionic in Jeff City, MO this morning. I see now that both are online; wasn't when I went out. Nothing was marked down and got the usual surprised look when I made the guy scan them. Been wanting both for a while now, thanks OP.

On a side note, damn you CAG. I told myself I would be good and cut back on the purchases for a while since the wife and I just got back from vacation last week. So far I have spent $80 this week on BC, Hawx, Riddick, and Tales of Vesperia.

Edit: they had 3-4 sealed copies of BC, the only Hawx were two shelf-whored copies. Oh well

[quote name='shrike4242']If they're website orders, they shouldn't be guts. Out of all the orders I've had with GS.com and EB.com, only two were non-sealed games, and they replaced both games at no charges without any issue.[/QUOTE]

i received one used copy of Def Jam ICON during the other GS sale from them even tho i ordered it new. i returned it to the store with no problems. they didn't have ny new copies left but i'm kinda glad i didn't keep it.

[quote name='tripleoptic']so if you purchase a new game that is gutted can you return it and get your money back?[/QUOTE]

if you ordered online new and it's gutted, you can get your money back from a B&M store. worked for me.

btw, Cheapy must be in a coma. i'm surprised this deal isn't on the front page.

Can anyone give feedback for or against the purchase of Wheelman?

I only picked up Burnout Paradise recently, and have had a blast playing through that, but I am getting close to unlocking everything. Is this game similar?

Thanks in advance

[quote name='LiK']if you ordered online new and it's gutted, you can get your money back from a B&M store. worked for me.

btw, Cheapy must be in a coma. i'm surprised this deal isn't on the front page.[/QUOTE]Cheapy's in Japan, where it's currently 2:24AM. I'm sure he's sleeping, not in a coma.

When he's up, I'm sure this will be frontpaged.

[quote name='LiK']if you ordered online new and it's gutted, you can get your money back from a B&M store. worked for me.

btw, Cheapy must be in a coma. i'm surprised this deal isn't on the front page.[/QUOTE]

What about buying from B&M gutted? I guess not...

Opened new merchandise may be exchanged for the identical item within 30 days of purchase but, with
the exception of opened new accessories, cannot be returned for a refund.

Opened new merchandise.... nice oxymoron.

[quote name='perdition(troy']What are the differences between the regular version of PoP vs the LE[/QUOTE]

The PS3 LE I picked up today had the outer box as was already mentioned and a bonus Blu-ray disc with some goodies on it. Going by the Amazon listing for the 360, sounds like it had something similiar.

[quote name='shrike4242']Cheapy's in Japan, where it's currently 2:24AM. I'm sure he's sleeping, not in a coma.

When he's up, I'm sure this will be frontpaged.[/QUOTE]

i know, but he's usually up around this time. i think this deal will be dead by the time he gets to it. it's already posted in GAF, hehe.

[quote name='tripleoptic']What about buying from B&M gutted? I guess not...

Opened new merchandise may be exchanged for the identical item within 30 days of purchase but, with
the exception of opened new accessories, cannot be returned for a refund.

Opened new merchandise.... nice oxymoron.[/QUOTE]

yea, if they bring out a gutted copy, i'd usually refuse it anyways.

[quote name='Nathander']The PS3 LE I picked up today had the outer box as was already mentioned and a bonus Blu-ray disc with some goodies on it. Going by the Amazon listing for the 360, sounds like it had something similiar.[/QUOTE]

o yea, i forgot there's a bonus disc included.

[quote name='LiK']i know, but he's usually up around this time. i think this deal will be dead by the time he gets to it. it's already posted in GAF, hehe.[/QUOTE]How can it be a dead deal if it's going until the end of the month? :whistle2:s

BS was sold out at Remsey, NJ (interchange shopping center) but I grabbed a copy (last copy) from the GameStop on Franklin trnpk in Mahwah.

It was a gutted copy, which for $20 I was fine with but here's the kicker - they put a price sticker DIRECTLY on the insert card (on the spine). I tried to peel it off and just made a mess of things. Anyone know how to get those off?

Once again I am reminded why I seldom shop at Gamestop

thanks Op

I picked up BC and Wheelman. BC came with a patch, and Wheelman was gutted, but the inside was clean, so no random stickers on the booklet, etc, so I can't complain too much.

[quote name='shrike4242']How can it be a dead deal if it's going until the end of the month? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

many people already posted in several forums that they got the last copy or they found a gutted copy. once they're sold out online or in the B&M stores, the deal is technically dead. right?

Went to my local store, the guy only knew about World Tour and BC.

One great deal I DID notice, haven't seen mentioned... for the 360, the Fallout 3 card for Operation Anchorage and The Pitt is $9.99. That's the card for the dlc, not the guide. So basically half price.

[quote name='LiK']many people already posted in several forums that they got the last copy or they found a gutted copy. once they're sold out online or in the B&M stores, the deal is technically dead. right?[/QUOTE]Unless they're closing out of these titles, which isn't know, then no, it's not a dead deal.

If they're going to do this as a temporary price drop, then it's assumed they're going to thin out inventory, not get rid of all of them. If it was a permanent price drop, then it would be a dead deal when all the copies are gone. Plus, if they were doing a real price drop, then the used prices would drop as well.

We'll have to wait and see, won't we?

I want Prince of Persia for the Xbox 360, Limited Edition. If someone sees one in a Gamestop and does not want it, PLEASE PM ME, and I will pay for the game, tax and shipping. I will even throw in something extra.

Thanks!

i just went to the gamestop at brea union plaza off imperial. they had plenty of everything still sealed. i picked up bionic commando. the lady there was nice, she was setting up a section with just the $19.99 and under games, which is the shelf located to the right when you enter the store. i asked her how long the sale would last. she told me that it should be permanent and that there will be a section from now on for affordable games that are 19.99 or under. not sure how accurate that is but it would be nice.

Got the last copy of Bionic Commando (360) and HAWX (PS3) at one Gamestop, so both were gutted, but I don't mind cause I'm playing them for a week and trading them in. Also got a new copy of Wheelman (360) to keep for myself. Guy at Gamestop told me that they're doing more price drops throughout the month, not sure if those are already in the list or not.

Saw PoP LE but I already bought the normal version from Target for $15, so I didn't bite.

[quote name='shrike4242']Unless they're closing out of these titles, which isn't know, then no, it's not a dead deal.

If they're going to do this as a temporary price drop, then it's assumed they're going to thin out inventory, not get rid of all of them. If it was a permanent price drop, then it would be a dead deal when all the copies are gone. Plus, if they were doing a real price drop, then the used prices would drop as well.

We'll have to wait and see, won't we?[/QUOTE]

fair enough, but i'm just saying that Cheapy is missing out on clicks on the front page. ;)

Too bad the used prices didnt go down with them. PoP used still 26.99. Was hoping to get some next weekend for the B2G1, oh well. Also, the 3 stores near me had no idea and hadnt changed their prices on any of these yet lol (tho it probably would have rang up differently).

[quote name='nbballard']15.99? Please explain.[/QUOTE]

I think Best Buy matches it and then takes 20% off the matched price?

[quote name='nbballard']15.99? Please explain.[/QUOTE]If after you make a purchase you find a local competitor with a lower price, Best Buy will refund you 110% of the difference. So that means they match the $20 price plus 1/10 of the $40 difference, which is an additional $4 savings, thus net $16.

Important to note that this policy only applies if you come back after making your purchase. If you attempt to pricematch when first buying the item, they'll only *match* the price and not *beat* it w/ the additional 10% of the difference.

[quote name='guicao']pretty good imo

its the best 3d sonic yet !!![/QUOTE]

it's tempting but i've been burned enough. will wait for it to be $10 before i even consider. i heard only half the game is good anyways :p

bread's done
Back