GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='perdition(troy']Sonic Unleashed is $14.99 used at BBV. So save $5, and get a free game ;)[/QUOTE]

I stopped buying used games I rather spend the extra 5 than rather the profit go to other than the people who worked hard on making the game.

Bionic commando is 1000 goozex points I could use that point for other games list available? Or does the trade in points lower than the actual points list?

[quote name='perdition(troy']Sonic Unleashed is $14.99 used at BBV. So save $5, and get a free game ;)[/QUOTE]

I stopped buying used games I rather spend the extra 5 than rather the profit go to other than the people who worked hard on making the game.

Also all the BBV by me are long gone.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Bionic commando is 1000 goozex points I could use that point for other games list available? Or does the trade in points lower than the actual points list?[/QUOTE]

What's Goozex points?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Tomb Raider: Underworld?!

Do they have that for the 360 as well?![/QUOTE]
Sadly the 360 version isn't on sale, I checked.

[quote name='flix1']Mentioned this in my online order post ...

Use code "SAVER" for Free Shipping online.[/QUOTE]

If you order from ebgames.com, shipping is free for $25+ purchases. Select "USA Value" from the Shipping Method options. No code necessary.

Spore seems like a decent deal at $20. Haven't seen it at that price since the Amazon deal late last year. I guess it's a mixed bag, but seems like something one should experience if interested in game design.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']What's Goozex points?[/QUOTE]

It's their currency. It's an AMAZING game trading site. I already traded my BC I bought earlier today for 1000 pts ($50) but don't have to ship it for three days so I will be able to beat it.

I've gotten older, somewhat rare games like Symphony of the Night and Star Ocean: Second Story from flipping games like this to get the points. You can definitely come out on top if you play your chips right.

Bottom link in my sig will take you there (big green one).

I know mods are saying to stop this, but a certain user *wink* is selling/trading Wheelman, BC, and HAWX so check his list!

[quote name='hobbie8046']It's their currency. It's an AMAZING game trading site. I already traded my BC I bought earlier today for 1000 pts ($50) but don't have to ship it for three days so I will be able to beat it.
[/QUOTE]

shoot..i missed out and now there is more supply than demand...

I bit on the 3. I play Madden all the time so it won't become obsolete to me.

pss, football....

if anything you should be debating on the 3 vs NHL10...now thats a great sport and a great sports game. haha

[quote name='gorgo']Went to my local store, the guy only knew about World Tour and BC.

One great deal I DID notice, haven't seen mentioned... for the 360, the Fallout 3 card for Operation Anchorage and The Pitt is $9.99. That's the card for the dlc, not the guide. So basically half price.[/QUOTE]

Anyone else find this deal?

i wonder if bestbuy will match these prices...i'd love to grab hawx, endwar, wheelman, and world tour but it would be even better if i could get reward zone points on it.

Took me three locations to get new copies, as in not opened and stickers placed all over the front of the case. BC, Deadly Creatures and HAWX were added to my triple digit back log!

Did anyone notice their orders in the order history have Bionic Commando Patches added onto them? Free preorder gifts are awesome, although sadly they're backordered.

got hawx.

didnt get BC or tomb raider. Have to many 3rd and 1st person shooters.

Uncharted>tomb raider
BC = spiderman+MGS4

Thanks for the POST OP!
Kudos 4 U!
onion_msn_smileys-15.gif

Woohoo! Just got my copy of Bionic Commando for the 360. Got the last sealed copy, as well.

I was going to get RE: Umbrella Chronicles, but I decided against it.

[quote name='perdition(troy']BC looks like it's spiderman 3ish, does it play that way as well?[/QUOTE]

it is as far as away as spiderman, it does physics-based swings. basically letting go at the top of the arc is not going to give you the most distance. there is a learning curve but it is one of the most rewarding swing mechanics to me

Probably going to pick up BIonic Commando. I am unsure on hawx? What are your guys thoughts on hawx?

I have 400 store credit, so I have alot, but I may get the world tour bundle for 90 which knocks it down to 300. Than I want to buy some games to flip to amazon for a headset and a racing wheel. And I plan to buy Red Faction with two other games on the next B2G1.

I don't want to expunge this store credit too fast this time around.

Actually not a bad sale from Gamestop. Granted I already own most the good games from this sale, but Bionic Commando was a score for me.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']pss, football....

if anything you should be debating on the 3 vs NHL10...now thats a great sport and a great sports game. haha[/QUOTE]

I do not like EA's NHL game. I hate that I need to use the Right Analog Stick to shoot.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I just bought a second copy of B.C., I would have liked the PS3 version, but they were sold-out online; so I just ordered the 360 version for the second time. I'd highly advice picking up B.C. for this price, it's not only well-worth $20, it's also well worth full-price. It has a few issues, but it's still an amazing game.. just one no one gave a chance (I'm giving my other copy to my brother, since he's borrowing it now anyway).[/QUOTE]

The biggest problem with BC is that GRIN wanted more time to polish it up but Capcom insisted on their timetable plus they didn't want to wait too long after the popularity of BC: Rearmed. I think had GRIN had a few more months it would could have been at least 8.5-9 out of 10 in all reviews. Its a shame the reviewers also didn't give the game much credit.

I got Bionic Commando new for $19.99 360 and a used copy of Deadly Creatures for $14.39 with 20% off coupon in pretty much mint condition!

First post. Just wanted to say thanks for the timely info on this sale. We picked up spankin' new copies of BC and Prince of Persia (last copy in the store) for the 360 this morn here in Phoenix. Have also pointed some friends toward the GHWT bundles and other deals.

Great site. Would have been in the dark about this sale without CAG. Thanks again.:applause:

[quote name='nbballard']15.99? Please explain.[/QUOTE]
Best Buy has a 110% price match policy. The wil match the price plus 10% of the difference. In this case, the difference was $40 so they took an extra $4 off bringing the total to $15.99 + tax

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Did anyone notice their orders in the order history have Bionic Commando Patches added onto them? Free preorder gifts are awesome, although sadly they're backordered.[/QUOTE]
Yep, mentioned that in my post earlier today.

A few Metacritic scores for some of the more popular game on sale (scores from 1 to 100)

93 - Elder Scrolls IV
83 - Prince of Persia
82 - NBA 2k9
75 - Lego Batman
73 - Hawx
70 - Bionic Commando
64 - Wheelman

HAWX looks like a good deal, everyone tells me the campaign is easy but the online is fun. I may bite on it too. I got PoP when it was $27 used, still need to finish it.

Mirrors Edge is worth the price if you haven't already played it. Quite unique and the time challenges will keep you playing.

Also Bionic Commando is easy achievement/trophy points for those whores! Its just a matter of playing through the game and completing challenges that you'll no doubt do.

I got an idea! I am going to play the HELL out of HAWX, Bionic Commando, and Wheelman then trade them in for Madden 10!

I think those 3 will be enough to do it. They are on the Fight Night Round 4 promotion.

Went in and picked up BC for $20 while exchanging my FNR4 for Red Faction Guerilla.

One of my Gamestops has PoP LE in stock .. but meh.

[quote name='rdogg1026']I got an idea! I am going to play the HELL out of HAWX, Bionic Commando, and Wheelman then trade them in for Madden 10!

I think those 3 will be enough to do it. They are on the Fight Night Round 4 promotion.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea. I've skipped the last two years of buying Madden right when it came out so this year I'll be getting it on release. Need a way to make the pain feel a little better paying full price.

Hmm I just called in to the store in Atlanta and they told me that HAWK and Endwar were still $25 would it ring up when I try to check out for $20?

Wow, looks like I was wrong about Bionic Commando. Too bad it's not available online (or maybe it sold out?) cause I don't want a gutted copy. Here's hoping that Amazon matches the price.

yea it's confirmed.. just went to gamestop on my lunch break and had all those games for $19.99.. i picked up Prince of Persia, Hawx and Star Wars Unleashed... location Van Nuys, CA.. good hunting!:D

[quote name='Treythalomew']Not a bad idea. I've skipped the last two years of buying Madden right when it came out so this year I'll be getting it on release. Need a way to make the pain feel a little better paying full price.[/QUOTE]

I am reading in the FN thread that people are just exchanging the 3 games for Fight Night then returning it for a preorder of a game...Is that YMMV?

They also have an extra 20% promotion towards Madden promotion but that won't get me much being that these games are now $14.99 used.

I grabbed a few $20 titles from Gamestop today. None of them had sales prices on them, but rang up on sale. I'd chalk it up to the typical clueless clerk.

bread's done
Back