Gamestop selling MW2 early (Myrtle Avenue in Queens NYC)

@falcon...

Its in Union City xD.
I have a friend who works in the GameStop here, he's already sold a couple copies.
Still man, i suggest you go for the TRU deal.

[quote name='BigPoppa99']The TRU deal is only for 4 hours.[/QUOTE]

or Amazon or Walmart....

there are plenty of deals out here.. if you'd rather spend $60+ to play early that's your thing.

I'll wait until Tuesday to get the game for "free" through Amazon credit and get a nice $20 GC.

[quote name='BigPoppa99']The Myrtle ave location is one of the midnight release locations[/QUOTE]
Wow! Then something had to of come down from corporate possibly stating it's up to the DM/GM or Manager (and these are not random incidents). If this is not the case, it would definitely be grounds for termination.

In the Glen Burnie, MD area a gamestop employee bought a copy of mw2 from a mom and pop store and took pictures of the sale, which were then sent to corporate and eventually Activision. As a result, the mom and pop store will not be selling any Activision products in the future and the gamestop stores in the area are allowed to break the street date on mw2.

[quote name='joshtd']In the Glen Burnie, MD area a gamestop employee bought a copy of mw2 from a mom and pop store and took pictures of the sale, which were then sent to corporate and eventually Activision. As a result, the mom and pop store will not be selling any Activision products in the future and the gamestop stores in the area are allowed to break the street date on mw2.[/QUOTE]

Source?

[quote name='SnoT']So you where in the store why?[/QUOTE]

There is a Great Clips next door with a 30 minute wait. So I had to kill some time.

[quote name='joshtd']In the Glen Burnie, MD area a gamestop employee bought a copy of mw2 from a mom and pop store and took pictures of the sale, which were then sent to corporate and eventually Activision. As a result, the mom and pop store will not be selling any Activision products in the future and the gamestop stores in the area are allowed to break the street date on mw2.[/QUOTE]

That'll teach those assholes Mom and Pop!

there's a mom & pop store in North Miami Beach that has had them in since Tuesday, they sold out by Thursday & Yesterday they received another shipment & that's when i bought my copy, I was so busy at work last night & today, i still haven't had any time to play, but i will be trowing in that bad boy ( for my 360 ) as soon as i get home tonight around midnight. :0) & my buddy just called & left me a message on my cell (since i'm at work ) that he was able to get his copy at his local GS, in Miami. this afternoon. WTF! street date??? what stinking street date!!! LOL it's nut's... there's Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together.. LOL this is great !! Yeah ! i mean i had it pre ordered, but it's worth it being able to play it on sunday afternoon, since i'm stuck working the rest of the week. :0)

p.s. IM me if you need the name of the store in NMB. I'll get with my boy later & get the add. of his GS in miami .

I just called the Gamestop in Waldorf MD (Smallwood drive), and the guy said they were not doing it and he even said (And this is so far fetched I don't even believe it myself) that he got a copy for himself and played online for a couple of days and this morning he woke up to find his MW2 account banned. (Not his PSN id. Just his MW2 account)

This doesn't make any sense to me. Why would Activision take action against a user playing online just because it's before the street date? I understand taking measures against a retailer but the end user?

Has anyone heard something like this before?

This shouldn't be in the deals section, and yes NYC mom & pop stores have had this game for a few days now. And yes, a whole lot of them were selling it the minute it arrive at the store.

Good for them. They gotta have some way of facing the dark empire...even if it breaks a street date or two.

The source was a gamestop employee in severna park after I asked him why they were selling it early.

[quote name='fullhavok'] WTF! street date??? what stinking street date!!! LOL it's nut's... there's Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together.. LOL this is great !! Yeah ! . :0)

p.s. IM me if you need the name of the store in NMB. I'll get with my boy later & get the add. of his GS in miami .[/QUOTE]

Yeah after the numbers come in all will be forgotten. streetdate. I remeber when the snes street date was broken and that was like 1991.

People was saying the same thing. The next big release all stores got games.LOL Modern warfare is too big to contain.LOL It was banannas with streetfighter.

[quote name='TheBigmac']I just called the Gamestop in Waldorf MD (Smallwood drive), and the guy said they were not doing it and he even said (And this is so far fetched I don't even believe it myself) that he got a copy for himself and played online for a couple of days and this morning he woke up to find his MW2 account banned. (Not his PSN id. Just his MW2 account)

This doesn't make any sense to me. Why would Activision take action against a user playing online just because it's before the street date? I understand taking measures against a retailer but the end user?

Has anyone heard something like this before?[/QUOTE]

I think that guy was just trying to scare you, doesn't sound right. they are banning pirated copies & mod's, not early users & it's only a few day's away, if he was playing a month in advance then yes, but don't listen to him, sound's like he's full of .....

[quote name='dragonjud']This shouldn't be in the deals section, and yes NYC mom & pop stores have had this game for a few days now. And yes, a whole lot of them were selling it the minute it arrive at the store.

Good for them. They gotta have some way of facing the dark empire...even if it breaks a street date or two.[/QUOTE]

I 2nd that!! Viva the little mom & pop's store's!! the very few left!!

Yeah, pretty much every game store in nyc that isn't a chain or giant corporation has been selling it the minute they got it in. They do it with every game.

[quote name='TheBigmac']I just called the Gamestop in Waldorf MD (Smallwood drive), and the guy said they were not doing it and he even said (And this is so far fetched I don't even believe it myself) that he got a copy for himself and played online for a couple of days and this morning he woke up to find his MW2 account banned. (Not his PSN id. Just his MW2 account)

Has anyone heard something like this before?[/QUOTE]
Sounds like Bs Anyway try the Gs 15 miles ones up the road in pg.

[quote name='OtherAdam']Yeah, pretty much every game store in nyc that isn't a chain or giant corporation has been selling it the minute they got it in. They do it with every game.[/QUOTE]
Can you PM me with names of some (unless you feel like doing that in this thread)? I've been here for like two years and have yet to come across one. The only local store I'm aware of that sells games is J&R, but I doubt they'd break the date.

[quote name='gepet0']Sounds like Bs Anyway try the Gs 15 miles ones up the road in pg.[/QUOTE]

Extremely tempting. Which is the address for the one that is selling them?

They're too many in PG county.

Stopped by one in the Kent, OH area and they had someone(a CAG?) call while I was in there asking about it. No dice for me, but I got a preorder setup for monday night since I had some extra credit laying around on a gift card.

Thanks Joshtd for clearing it up. I knew it had to of come down from Corporate. NYC and KC, Mo are too apart far to be random.

The OP needs to put YMMV (Your Manager May Vary) in the title thread :)

Hopefully, GS will early release it to everyone tomorrow. What doesn't make sense is that these so called "mom and pop" stores are in 4-5 different states (where the street date ban was lifted)? Has to be a chain.

To the GS employee who spotted it: You Rat B*stard! I commend you for helping your company out and notifying them of this offense. However, you have possibly screwed over your fellow Gamers that purchase Activision titles and are not close to Big Retail Chains, as well as the "mom and pop" stores who can't compete without doing this. I hope you at least got a reward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Gamestop switch to any sort of holiday hours? If not, I may, just may, attempt to pick it up before work tommorow afternoon. In NW Ohio, so I like my odds.

Depends on how many mom and pop stores are in your area selling them.

I think the one in Akron may be The Exchange, but that's just a guess based on the only mom and pop type store that I know of out there.(even though it's a local chain)

[quote name='dabamus']Stopped by one in the Kent, OH area and they had someone(a CAG?) call while I was in there asking about it. No dice for me, but I got a preorder setup for monday night since I had some extra credit laying around on a gift card.[/QUOTE]

Hah! Was Bob working?

[quote name='dabamus']Depends on how many mom and pop stores are in your area selling them.

I think the one in Akron may be The Exchange, but that's just a guess based on the only mom and pop type store that I know of out there.(even though it's a local chain)[/QUOTE]

There's also Game Surge (A few around here Ellet, Portage Lakes, think a few others.) and one near The Linda Theatre just off Brittain Rd. forget the name of it.

[quote name='SnoT']Hah! Was Bob working?

There's also Game Surge (A few around here Ellet, Portage Lakes, think a few others.) and one near The Linda Theatre just off Brittain Rd. forget the name of it.[/QUOTE]

Is Bob the balding guy?

I know there are game surges, such as the one in Stow/Cuyahoga Falls, but I don't consider that anywhere near mom and pop since they are associated with Blockbuster, and are a national chain.

Game Surge is part of Block Buster? News to me the ones near me in the Ellet area are little mom/pop shops specifically the one in ellet. The owner gets most his consoles off Amazon then jacks the price up some. (Have had 2 friends end up working there for a short time.)

No bob's not the balding one. He's the younger taller guy. Can't remember if he's an ASM or SM now.

Which GS? There's are a lot in the kent area. I was at the Kent/Ravenna one on 59 by Wally World.

Also, I realized that I was thinking of Game Rush and not Game Surge. Game Rush or whatever it is called is the one that is with Blockbuster. Not Game Surge.

My bad.

Ah yeah was thinking you where at the one near Target.
I don't consider the one new Walmart Kent. That's Brimfield/Tallmadge to me.

A good friend of mine Paul works there.
The bald guy is Rigel he's a D-bag.

Actually i'm pretty good friends with most of them there since I worked with 3 of the 6 normal non seasonal people working there.

Garth - SM
Paul - ASM
Brian - 3rd Key
Rigel
Charles
Megan

Paul and Megan both worked with me when I was 3rd key at the Chapel Hill store, Rigel worked with me at Chapel Hill when I just started there. Nobody liked him so we got him shipped off to the Kent Store across from Target. Now he's at the one he is now.

I wasn't talking about the Cascades at Brimfield one, as GS.com calls it. I was talking about the one on Rt. 59 between kent and ravenna.

Man there are alot out there.....

yeah I don't venture into Kent so :p

Start going to the cascades one though.

It sounds exciting to be able to get the game early, but in the end I don't its all that.
I thought the story about the guys getting busted was better.
Q

The problem with the Cacades @ Brimfield one is that it's about 20 minutes away from me because I have to take 76 to get to it from Ravenna. The Ravenna and Streetsboro ones are so much closer to me.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']I hope playing a game 2 days early is worth missing out on a $20 gc for you. I'll wait. :)[/QUOTE]
Indeed. I'll also wait. Can't believe all this happened within a 24-36 hour period (and approval given by both parties on a weekend). Like I stated before, all this sounds fishy.

Like it said, it was on Kotaku, so it seems legit.

Especially for it to be in 4-5 states.

Finally, I got rid of stuff through trading in with the 25% bonus that I didn't need(extra 360 cables and a few games) so I made up for the giftcard that way. And with a giftcard I would have ended up spending $40 extra to get a new game. So I saved money either way. :p

I drove around locally to Cedarhurst, Valley Stream, and Rockville Center, NY locations on Long Island. No dice. :\

I was going to post this yesterday, but CAG was down for the majority of the day so I was unable to do so.

My buddy and I went to the Super Target in Lees Summit, MO around 1pm. We were talking to the electronics guy, "Steven", about GS breaking street date. The electronics guy said if he called GS and they verified they broke street date over the phone, then Target would be able to break street date too.

My buddy looked up the GS phone number on his iPhone, and the electronics guy called the same Independence Center Gamestop in which I talked about in my previous post. The GS guy confirmed the COD 4 MW2 early street breaking date. Steven went in the back and pulled 1 copy of the game and sold it to my buddy.

So if you can get a Target employee to call a GS that is breaking street date, you can get COD 4 MW 2 early.

I wonder how many folks Activision will have look into the stores that did this? They could make even more money by the fines they can collect.

I called around the Canton/Akron area yesterday after going to a few of the Akron stores and finally got an employee who wasn't a dick and knew what I was talking about.(most of the employees I talked to in person were complete jerks and said it was only rumors, no chance they sold it early, and that they would be fined massively if it was true)

I got a nice, considerate, helpful employee at the Canton/Belden Village Mall store. He knew what I was talking about and said the closest one was Bowling Green which we both knew was 2-3 hours from the Akron/Canton area. I think his name was Jason or something with a J. I highly reccomend you shop with him because he wasn't a dick and didn't immediately argue with me or get hostile/confrontational with me.

bread's done
Back