GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

skycat561

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
[preview] [IMG-R=5838]26965[/IMG-R]The GameStop Spring Sale features buy 2, get 1 free sales on PSP and DS games and accessories and discounts on games from all platforms.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop Spring Breaks Sale [/preview]

:3ds:
Ben 10: Galactic Racing 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 49.99

:ds:
LEGO Batman 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 14.99​
icongs_r1.gif
B2G1 on preowned DS games and accessories

:360:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Gears of War 3 29.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Hulk Hogan's Main Event 9.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning SD 39.99
Kung Fu High Impact 19.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twister Mania 9.99
Zumba Fitness Rush 39.99

:wii:
ABBA You Can Dance 19.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Go Vacation 14.99
Just Dance 29.99
Just Dance 2 29.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 19.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
Just Dance Summer Party 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Zumba Fitness 2 29.99

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twised Metal SD 49.99
White Knight Chronicles II 19.99

:psp: Vita
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $29.99
ModNation Racers $19.99
Unit 13 $29.99

:psp: PSP
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $14.99
:psp: B2G1 on preowned PSP games and accessories

:pc:
Battlefield 3 39.99
Mass Effect SD 49.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to know what the trade in value is for Ipod Nano? (newest generation I believe)

If it is enough, I would like to grab a Gamecube before they stop selling them. They don't throw them out do they? I hope it's just like they have them until they sell what they have

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Not sure for all of them, but for MK Komplete you do.[/QUOTE]

As long as you're PUR member, you can get the sale prices. You don't have to be a Pro level.

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']Is there a way to know what the trade in value is for Ipod Nano? (newest generation I believe)

If it is enough, I would like to grab a Gamecube before they stop selling them. They don't throw them out do they? I hope it's just like they have them until they sell what they have[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/itrade/default.aspx
$60 for an 8GB and $65 for a 16GB

[quote name='sbaker44']Picked up Ass creed and Lego Harry potter 5-7 both gutted. They said they were the last copies of each.[/QUOTE]
All the GameStops are like that, I just took the ad to the BestBuy next door to price match with a sealed version. Now why would they make a stupid sale like this when most stores don't even have the games in stock.

Anyone know how to get new copies of MvC3? I haven't been able to add any to the cart online and I don't think they're sold new in-stores either.

My local store actually stocks nearly ALL of their promo new games sealed on the back shelf behind the counter. They are awesome.

That said, any reason not to pick up :ps3:AC:Revelations Signature Ed. used instead of new? Figured it was a good pairing for the b2g1free on Wed, does anyone know if theres an online pass or anything required to play the on-disc AC1?

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']My local store actually stocks nearly ALL of their promo new games sealed on the back shelf behind the counter. They are awesome.

That said, any reason not to pick up :ps3:AC:Revelations Signature Ed. used instead of new? Figured it was a good pairing for the b2g1free on Wed, does anyone know if theres an online pass or anything required to play the on-disc AC1?[/QUOTE]
AC:R's used price didn't drop, just a heads up

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']My local store actually stocks nearly ALL of their promo new games sealed on the back shelf behind the counter. They are awesome.

That said, any reason not to pick up :ps3:AC:Revelations Signature Ed. used instead of new? Figured it was a good pairing for the b2g1free on Wed, does anyone know if theres an online pass or anything required to play the on-disc AC1?[/QUOTE]

There is an online pass in order to play AC: R online but as far as AC1 goes, there isn't any code or anything for that. You just need to install nearly 8 gigs after you insert the AC: R disk. The signature edition also comes with a code for some extra content I believe.

the GS staff said earlier that did not get shipments for the summer sales yet and what they had right now in store were their their only stock. But he said they expect to receive more of the items on the sale during the week. I'll come back wednesday and see if they have gotten sealed copies of WKC2.

Ok, so I have the 5th gen iPod Nano 8GB, now I notice it says "up to" $50, now does that just mean if you choose cash you get less, or are they using some kind of weird way to determine the value

As far as the extra content included with the Signature Edition of Assassin's Creed Revelations is concerned, when you buy the Lost Archive DLC, you get all the bonuses except the animated short, the extra mission is Vlad the Impaler’s Prison.

[quote name='Brother Daz']AC:R's used price didn't drop, just a heads up[/QUOTE]

Hmm......could've sworn it had a sale sticker like the new copies did, but I wasn't paying that much attention. I might get lucky and my store DID mark it down, which it's done in the past for some of the 'new-only' sales.

Either way, thanks for the heads up man.:)
[quote name='walkonshadows']As far as the extra content included with the Signature Edition of Assassin's Creed Revelations is concerned, when you buy the Lost Archive DLC, you get all the bonuses except the animated short, the extra mission is Vlad the Impaler’s Prison.[/QUOTE]

Also good to know, tyvm.

can anyone recommend me which version of MK9 i should get? I have both 360 and ps3 and have been playing my 360 a lot more these days and just recently renewed xbox live. Im not sure if ill play much online in the game. does one version have better graphics over the other?

Either way i doubt ill be playing much considering xenblade is coming out on friday:)

Kratos should be on PS3 if it matters.

I go with what I play more often, 360, but the PS3 version isn't inferior in anyway (from what I've heard). So pick your poison, either way its a fantastic game.

[quote name='missingno81']All the GameStops are like that, I just took the ad to the BestBuy next door to price match with a sealed version. Now why would they make a stupid sale like this when most stores don't even have the games in stock.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, except I price matched across the parking lot at Target ;)

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I was at gamestop today and noticed that the Sony 3D Display had a sticker price of $199. YMMV.

[quote name='bellenoire2005']Ditto, except I price matched across the parking lot at Target ;)[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is all I have right now (No Target or BestBuy near me) so I hope to find something when I go there tomorrow.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']can anyone recommend me which version of MK9 i should get? I have both 360 and ps3 and have been playing my 360 a lot more these days and just recently renewed xbox live. Im not sure if ill play much online in the game. does one version have better graphics over the other?

Either way i doubt ill be playing much considering xenblade is coming out on friday:)[/QUOTE]

Always ps3 for fighting games.

[quote name='missingno81']All the GameStops are like that, I just took the ad to the BestBuy next door to price match with a sealed version. Now why would they make a stupid sale like this when most stores don't even have the games in stock.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I thought it was strange that they were already out of both on the first day. I would've price matched but I paid with credit.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Always ps3 for fighting games.[/QUOTE]

Why...? Everyone and their mother uses a 360 for most games except exclusives.

Not saying this as a fanboy, just as a matter of fact.

I bought Assasin's Creed: Revelations, GTA IV Complete Edition, and Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning today. All for PS3. And all sealed. That part surprised me...

[quote name='Romeo']Why...? Everyone and their mother uses a 360 for most games except exclusives.

Not saying this as a fanboy, just as a matter of fact.[/QUOTE]
Agreed to a certain extent, I buy multi-plat games on 360 unless they have a substantial content on PS3 or change. Example is LA Noire on 1 disc instead of 3 or in Mortal Kombat's case; the addition of Kratos as an exclusive character is substantial enough for me to get that one.

Traded in my vanilla 360 version (didn't have a PS3 when I bought it) and snagged myself MK Komplete on PS3 :D

Bought :ps3: AC:R Signature Edition and :ps3: Catherine (pre-owned), not sure if I wanna keep Catherine or not.

My employee discount didn't stack :cry:

[quote name='akir']Assholes wouldn't accept the coupon + sale on Hot Shots golf so I cancelled some pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that a bit over the top? We all know the coupon isn't meant to stack.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Agreed to a certain extent, I buy multi-plat games on 360 unless they have a substantial content on PS3 or change. Example is LA Noire on 1 disc instead of 3 or in Mortal Kombat's case; the addition of Kratos as an exclusive character is substantial enough for me to get that one.

Traded in my vanilla 360 version (didn't have a PS3 when I bought it) and snagged myself MK Komplete on PS3 :D[/QUOTE]

I did buy RDR on PS3 for the exclusive content and made the mistake of buying the complete edition of LA Noire on 360 just for the very nice packaging, and after I opened it I realized it has a nice box set because of the 47 discs needed to play the game...

[quote name='Romeo']Why...? Everyone and their mother uses a 360 for most games except exclusives.

Not saying this as a fanboy, just as a matter of fact.[/QUOTE]

PS3 is the official EVO console, thats why most people say stuff like that. If I'm not mistaken though, EVO is sponsored by Sony, and because its the biggest FG tournament, it becomes everyone's.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Agreed to a certain extent, I buy multi-plat games on 360 unless they have a substantial content on PS3 or change. Example is LA Noire on 1 disc instead of 3 or in Mortal Kombat's case; the addition of Kratos as an exclusive character is substantial enough for me to get that one.

Traded in my vanilla 360 version (didn't have a PS3 when I bought it) and snagged myself MK Komplete on PS3 :D[/QUOTE]

I'm normally with you on this. You just happened to list two games I got on 360 though :p! I have a fightstick (for MK) and I don't care about changing Discs for games. But if that extra content does matter, and you have both, PS3 is obviously the way to go.

Kratos isn't tournament legal though (if you care about such things).

[quote name='advanced']PS3 is the official EVO console, thats why most people say stuff like that. If I'm not mistaken though, EVO is sponsored by Sony, and because its the biggest FG tournament, it becomes everyone's.

I'm normally with you on this. You just happened to list two games I got on 360 though :p! I have a fightstick (for MK) and I don't care about changing Discs for games. But if that extra content does matter, and you have both, PS3 is obviously the way to go.

Kratos isn't tournament legal though (if you care about such things).[/QUOTE]

Why isn't Kratos legal?

And because I have fighting games on both consoles now, I had to buy this beaut...

imageujf.jpg

i think most people will probably buy third parties games more often for whichever system they had first. i had a ps3 for years before i got a 360, so i am more comfortable with the interface, and i prefer the controller as well. add to that grinding for trophies, and i usually only get third party games for the 360 if there is something wrong with the ps3 version, e.g. bayonetta which was broken on ps3 from what i read, or the orange box; damn that game gave me a headache with all of the constant frame rate drops.

[quote name='Romeo']Why isn't Kratos legal?

And because I have fighting games on both consoles now, I had to buy this beaut...

imageujf.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure tourny legal characters need to be on both consoles for fairness. 360 players would have a disadvantage due to matchups and things. Megaman/Pacman on SFXT aren't until a 360 release (big if there) and Kuro/Kani/Cole aren't either (Have no idea what the cat's names are).

If you had gotten a MadCatz tournament edition for the 360, you could have gotten a Toodles TE Kitty for it (or a VLX, but I don't know how that works). Thats what I have.

If there really is a b2g1 sale starting Wednesday, got around $50 in credit, what 3 games would you guys recommend?

Thinking Catherine, Metro 2033, and something else

To bad I only got one game from this sale. Hope everyone is enjoying it at least. Oh and I'm posting my wrestlemania review on the blog section tonight so look out for it :)

[quote name='advanced']Pretty sure tourny legal characters need to be on both consoles for fairness. 360 players would have a disadvantage due to matchups and things. Megaman/Pacman on SFXT aren't until a 360 release (big if there) and Kuro/Kani/Cole aren't either (Have no idea what the cat's names are).

If you had gotten a MadCatz tournament edition for the 360, you could have gotten a Toodles TE Kitty for it (or a VLX, but I don't know how that works). Thats what I have.[/QUOTE]

This Qanba is my first REAL arcade stick. I was going to buy the Madcatz Soul Calibur V stick but I figured why would anyone bought a $150 stick for one console when I can get a multi-console modifiable stick for the same price.

[quote name='Romeo']This Qanba is my first REAL arcade stick. I was going to buy the Madcatz Soul Calibur V stick but I figured why would anyone bought a $150 stick for one console when I can get a multi-console modifiable stick for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Ah! Forgot the Qanba is MC too. My Kitty works with a bunch more (everything the MC Cthulhu works with), but I've had thoughts of getting a Qanba too.

[quote name='advanced']Ah! Forgot the Qanba is MC too. My Kitty works with a bunch more (everything the MC Cthulhu works with), but I've had thoughts of getting a Qanba too.[/QUOTE]

The quality is very good, and it's pretty simple inside. I gutted it the first day I got it and swapped out my ball topper to a Seimetsu bubble top.

The Q4RAF is PC/360/PS3 compatible. All but the wii, and I just grabbed the Tatsunoko stick for $17 from gamestop, so I'm good. :D

[quote name='akir']Assholes wouldn't accept the coupon + sale on Hot Shots golf so I cancelled some pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

so are you saying that gamestop wouldn't even give hot shots golf for the sale price of $29.99 ? (ad price) and dude i dont blame you one bit for cancelling your pre-orders. lol

[quote name='Kaiser499']How are people getting the LA Noire Complete Edition when it isn't supposed to be the one on sale?[/QUOTE]

They messed up and printed the ad with the Complete Edition and Gamestop is miraculously honoring it, or they're price matching it somewhere else

[quote name='Romeo']I did buy RDR on PS3 for the exclusive content and made the mistake of buying the complete edition of LA Noire on 360 just for the very nice packaging, and after I opened it I realized it has a nice box set because of the 47 discs needed to play the game...[/QUOTE]

dude i bought la noire CE for xbox also. i didn't open it yet, how many disc actuly come with it ? should i return it or exchange it for ps3 version ?, i already have the reguler la noire for ps3, but if its realy like 10 disc i think thats crapy.

[quote name='Alex121006']dude i bought la noire CE for xbox also. i didn't open it yet, how many disc actuly come with it ? should i return it or exchange it for ps3 version ?, i already have the reguler la noire for ps3, but if its realy like 10 disc i think thats crapy.[/QUOTE]

theres only 3 discs, honestly I don't have a problem with swapping discs, not that big of a deal to me, i guess to some it could get annoying, if you play from across the room, but due to eye problems I have to sit pretty close anyway

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']If there really is a b2g1 sale starting Wednesday, got around $50 in credit, what 3 games would you guys recommend?

Thinking Catherine, Metro 2033, and something else[/QUOTE]

there are so many good games that came out the past year dude, what are your other choices ? i dont know if you have played these games but here are just some that i loved...,.

saints row the third
uncharted 3
portal 2
resistance 3
la noire
bullet storm.

like i said those are my personal choices, maybe you played them maybe you didn't ?
or they might not even be your styal of games ?.

[quote name='Alex121006']dude i bought la noire CE for xbox also. i didn't open it yet, how many disc actuly come with it ? should i return it or exchange it for ps3 version ?, i already have the reguler la noire for ps3, but if its realy like 10 disc i think thats crapy.[/QUOTE]

IIRC it has four discs. I haven't started it yet, it's in my backlog.

What made of buy it twice? Did you never play your first copy?

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']theres only 3 discs, honestly I don't have a problem with swapping discs, not that big of a deal to me, i guess to some it could get annoying, if you play from across the room, but due to eye problems I have to sit pretty close anyway[/QUOTE]

i hear you dude, i have a ps3 also and like it better than xbox because of more game choices and not having to change 2 or 3 disc to play one game. but thanks for the info, ill keep it lol.

[quote name='Alex121006']there are so many good games that came out the past year dude, what are your other choices ? i dont know if you have played these games but here are just some that i loved...,.

saints row the third
uncharted 3
portal 2
resistance 3
la noire
bullet storm.

like i said those are my personal choices, maybe you played them maybe you didn't ?
or they might not even be your styal of games ?.[/QUOTE]

only have a 360, i might pick up bulletstorm again, it was pretty fun
guess I could always go way back and get some oldies that I missed

[quote name='Alex121006']i hear you dude, i have a ps3 also and like it better than xbox because of more game choices and not having to change 2 or 3 disc to play one game. but thanks for the info, ill keep it lol.[/QUOTE]

might be four discs according to that guy, the vanilla copy only has 3, so i guess the dlc is on the 4th, sorry bout that, assume you just install the dlc tho

bread's done
Back