Gamestop Summer Sale

varna

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]23354[/IMG-R]GameStop's Summer Sale includes deals which are available both in-store and online, as well as others which are online only. Check the sale for more details.

Highlights include:
:360::ps3::pc: FEAR 3 $39.99/$29.99
:360::ps3::pc: Duke Nukem Forever $39.99
:360::ps3: Tron Evolution Collector's Edition $49.99
:360: Child of Eden $29.99
:ps3: God of War 3 $14.99

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop Summer Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
got a price adjustment on both duke nukem and fear 3 today at gamestop...i bought both games on launch day, and they had no problem refunding me $20 on each game

These prices are good in store too right? I went to Gamestop today and Duke was still listed at $60 New, $55 used. I have a 20% off one used game coupon they sent me for my birthday, I was going to use it on Duke

God of War 3 $15
Tron Collector's edtion $50 (more in for the goodies instead of the game)
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts with gun $40 (wonder if this will work with Time Crisis 4)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']God of War 3 $15
Tron Collector's edtion $50 (more in for the goodies instead of the game)
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts with gun $40 (wonder if this will work with Time Crisis 4)[/QUOTE]

Yeah trying to convince myself I dont want that tron ce... Seems almost worth it to buy and just flip (or toss lol) the game.

An article on ign talked about making future games to work with the gun. Didn't even mention older games, sounds like a no to me. But stranger things have happened.

GOW $15 - any word on a specail version with the missing 1 hour ending they were talking about when the game came out? I waited this long I can wait a little longer, otherwise $15 seems worth it even for 4 hours.

Anybody taking advantage of PUR being $14.99? Those programs always seem like a ripoff but now with 2 kids w/ 2 DSs it might pay off.

There is a seller with free shipping on Amazon matching the TRON CE for $50. Amazon had it for $60 yesterday. I was hoping to see this go to $40 or lower, but since Amazon themselves no longer have stock, that hope is fading. I think if ever see lower prices, the outer box will be beat up by then. I know my local Gamestop already had heavy shelf wear on TRON CE when it was at $80.

I bit for $50.

GOW3 is tempting but i have a feeling they will ship me the red box and i don't buy GH versions of games, i can't stand the red or the red on the disc label, i know i know, it's trivial but as a game collector and my OCD does not allow me to buy it.

Maybe i will travel out to a few GS locations tomorrow and find the original, the one up the road only has GH version.

Fear 3 is $40 in store as well,incase anyone was wondering. The sticker said $60 but they had a little plastic sign under the game saying it was $40 (I think it said till July 17th but don't hold me to it) I picked it up with the new Alice game,which had a $40 sticker on it.

[quote name='styl3s']GOW3 is tempting but i have a feeling they will ship me the red box and i don't buy GH versions of games, i can't stand the red or the red on the disc label, i know i know, it's trivial but as a game collector and my OCD does not allow me to buy it.

Maybe i will travel out to a few GS locations tomorrow and find the original, the one up the road only has GH version.[/QUOTE]

Why dont you check to see If the used ones are discounted during this sale, If they are then get a used one with the non gh case. I really feel like im the only one who likes the red case lol. Would be jive If they were see though red though

The Cabela gun is its own unique bit of hardware. Unlikely that Time Crisis 4 will eschew it's utterly awful guncons to use Cabela's gun. Which is a damn shame as Cabela's gun is great.

Speaking of which, there REALLY need to be more light gun game ports. I wouldn't even mind if we were stuck with the Wii remote or other waggle things for them. DSE and all are great, but let's get stuff like HotD4 out of those stuffy arcades

[quote name='ZForce']These prices are good in store too right? I went to Gamestop today and Duke was still listed at $60 New, $55 used. I have a 20% off one used game coupon they sent me for my birthday, I was going to use it on Duke[/QUOTE]

I ended up with GoW3 for 15 in store, not sure about the rest.

[quote name='ZForce']These prices are good in store too right? I went to Gamestop today and Duke was still listed at $60 New, $55 used. I have a 20% off one used game coupon they sent me for my birthday, I was going to use it on Duke[/QUOTE]
Yes, if you get them to ring them up they ring up the special deal price. Also, YMMV on being able to use the coupon on a sale item. Sometimes they won't combine the offers, at least that's the problem I ran into during the Power saver sale.

Got a Price Match at my local Fry's in San Marcos, CA for GoW 3.

FYI: They had about 40 of them with just a sticker on the plastic package announcing it as "Greatest Hits"

[quote name='strait edge follower']Why dont you check to see If the used ones are discounted during this sale, If they are then get a used one with the non gh case. I really feel like im the only one who likes the red case lol. Would be jive If they were see though red though[/QUOTE]

I don't think he actually dislikes the red case, knowing my semi-ocd self, he dislikes the difference it would make in contrasting his collection. If every case had red by default, and these editions were all black, he would not want black either.

This is why I no longer 'collect' video games, I play and get rid and get more and if I want to play it again normally it is cheaper then when I sold it or traded it in anyway! haha...

[quote name='wilflare']wanted GOW3 until shipping fee came into picture[/QUOTE]

Uh you do know these deals are in store too right ? Shipping problem taken care of right there

F3AR is still trading in at $20 as of yesterday and if you are a PUR member(10%) and have the 40% trade in bonus card, you can beat the game and trade it in real quick for $30. Kind of figured it would have a pretty quick price drop/sale with the shortness of the game and the fact that it has an online pass if I am not mistaken.

[quote name='dramasetter929']Got my copy of God of War 3 , non greatest hits version, 14.99[/QUOTE]

Ditto, it was marked as $29.99 and rang up at $14.99. Non-GH and GH were both available near me.

picked up GOW3 again along with a couple other games(ACB, NBA 2k11, Dead Space 2). Pretty happy :).

I beat GOW3, loved it, but traded it in last year. At $15, this one is for keeps.

Thinking about getting Civilization IV for 9.99$. Good deal? What do you guys think? Any reason I should get it on Steam for the same price?

[quote name='Drizzt240']Thinking about getting Civilization IV for 9.99$. Good deal? What do you guys think? Any reason I should get it on Steam for the same price?[/QUOTE]

You might as well should get the console version cause you can trade it in or sell it when you are done with it

[quote name='strait edge follower']You might as well should get the console version cause you can trade it in or sell it when you are done with it[/QUOTE]

Don't believe there is a console version.....and if there is it isn't 9.99, 9.99 is the digital download price Gamestop is offering right now.

[quote name='strait edge follower']You might as well should get the console version cause you can trade it in or sell it when you are done with it[/QUOTE]

Ladies and gentlemen... an idiot. Not every game has a console version...

I was able to get in on the $14.99 God of War 3 deal in-store. They had plenty of sealed copies too so I was able to get a non-gutted copy.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I just got a PS3 back, GOW 3 a lock for $15 if I've never played before? How long is the campaign?[/QUOTE]

Campaign is about 8-10 hrs depending upon playstyle, as some challenges as well.

Took me about 20 hrs to platinum.

One of my favorite games this generation and easily worth 14.99.

[quote name='Drizzt240']Don't believe there is a console version.....and if there is it isn't 9.99, 9.99 is the digital download price Gamestop is offering right now.[/QUOTE]

Bravo. :applause:

Bravo. :applause:

[quote name='gepet0']I went into one gamestop chid of eden was ringing up 49.99[/QUOTE]

That's because it's an online only price.

[quote name='dabamus']Ladies and gentlemen... an idiot. Not every game has a console version...[/QUOTE]

I got it mixed up with the civilisation game that came out for ps3/360 so thats my fault. As for you calling me an idiot, do you call everyone who makes a simple mistake an idiot as well ? This online rude tough guy attitude that people have on the net is so lame already. Calling people things like "idiot" among things for no good reason makes you look immature and childish

I think the discount won't apply until they ring up the game so it won't show up on the sticker. The used sticker though should say $34.99.

this is awesome i finally pulled the trigger on GOW3 with lazy shipping (5-10 days) my grand total is $19.12 :applause:

I found a non-gutted non-GH God of War III, but it seems my local GS isn't pulling any of the sale games and putting them in a central location. The associate seemed shocked that GOW was $15.

bread's done
Back