GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xskaxninjax']Well, I see the $x-off pre-owned to be more valuable, since everyone ends up buying pre-owned once in a while anyway, especially since you're already a PUR member. So really, it's more like 8,000 for $10 off.But you're right, in actual value based on the PSN/Wii/Xbox live points, 20k = $20.

But remember that these end up cycling a lot, because most of us trade lots of things in. Instead of being $1000 worth of trades/used purchases, it's more like $500 worth of trades, since that credit is turned around to make purchases. Going by 1k points = $1, that's a 4% turnaround... not quite that bad compared to other rewards offers which are usually about 2%.

As I said, this isn't even counting the fact that you can get more for your money using the preowned coupons or by even getting physical items. It's also not counting the fact that the $500 in trades which turned into $500 in purchases will probably turn back into $250 in trades which will turn back into $250 in purchases...

Keep cycling like that, and it's probably the best rewards program around. Of course trading in everything you buy will always net you a loss, but if you save them for the right promotion, it works out.[/QUOTE]

You make valid points. It's definitely a plus GameStop gives you points for trades on top of purchases. I certainly don't hate the program (although I am very not keen on the lower end rewards and lame third-party accessories), but like all other rewards programs, you gotta know how to milk it. And for me it's just nice having access to the swag like I said that I'd probably have to run to eBay if I wanted badly.

[quote name='DesertLeo']I have been, yes. However, NOW they're showing up for me. So why the fuck did that rep "confirm" its gone.....?[/QUOTE]

Another gold star for GameStop customer service. Oh well. Glad you can finally get your coupons.

5/30

:360: Dead to Rights - 8.00
:360: Dirt 2 - 10.00
:wii: Big Brain Academy Wii Degree - 6.00
:ds: Mario Party DS - 15.00
:ds: Pokemon Diamond - 10.00

5/31
:ps3: inFamous - 10.00
:360: Sonic 2006 - 3.00
:360: Arcade Unplugged - 2.00
:ps2: Xenosaga Episode 1 - 1.50
:ps2: Klonoa 2 - 0.75
:ds: Wario Master of Disguise - 3.00
:gc: Super Monkey Ball 2 - 0.75
:gc: Wave Race Blue Storm - 0.50

6/1

DS - Mega Man ZX Advent - 4
3DS - Ghost Recon - 12
PSP - Knights in the Nightmare - 2.50
360 - Enchanted Arms - 1
360 - Deadly Premonition - 7
360 - You Don't Know Jack - 10
Wii - House of the Dead Overkill - 7

A few changes in TIV from the master list.

[quote name='AteBit']6/1/11
Update for New Super Mario Bros. $22[/QUOTE]

Argh.. Was about to trade this in when it was $25, but was gonna wait for a trade-in promo.. Hope it doesn't drop any further =(

6/2/11

Mass Effect 2 - 7

Wii
Bully - 6
Starwars the force unleashed II - 8
Cooking Mama Cook off - 6
Wario Land - Shake it! - 5
Endless ocean blue world - 6
mario and sonic olympic games - 7
harry potter half blood prince - 5

ps3
Fallout new vegas - 8
need for speed shift - 6
grid - 6

3DS
Super street Fighter IV 3D - 17(ouch)
Mario 64 - 10
Mario Kart 17
Mario Party 15
Lego Harry Potter year 1-4 - 6
Transformers Cybertron autobots - 7

Most of these games took a buck or two drop, they got over traded from BBV I assume.

^^ Interesting that all those games dropped after the promo ended that made them good trade candidates, though. I'm glad they didn't drop them before the weekend at least. I hit up a couple of BBV stores on the very last day of the GS promo (Sunday) and found a few of those to flip. Given that that was the second-to-last day of the BBV sale, I figured anyone who wanted to buy manual-less and somewhat scratched copies of Harry Potter Half-Blood Prince and Star Wars Force Unleahed II for the Wii for themselves would have done so by then and that at that point they were fair game. In fact, I saw more of these on Monday when I went in for the blu-ray sale, so many good flippables ended up not even being sold at all during the BBV B1G1 sale - what a waste ;).

I just got back from doing a few trades at my local GS and I got more than I expected, based on the TIV's listed here.

Black Ops (360)-$25
NBA 2K11 (360)-$10
Medal of Honor (PS3)-$8
Borderlands (360)-$6
Splinter Cell: Conviction (360)-$6
Crackdown 2 (360)-$5
Fable 2 Platinum Hits (360)-$7

Crackdown 2 and Fable 2, iirc, were both listed as a $1.50 or less. With the 30% bonus for trading in 7 games and my PowerUp Card bonus, I walked out of there with $93.80 which I split between Infamous 2 and L.A. Noire.

[quote name='io']^^ Interesting that all those games dropped after the promo ended that made them good trade candidates, though. I'm glad they didn't drop them before the weekend at least. I hit up a couple of BBV stores on the very last day of the GS promo (Sunday) and found a few of those to flip. Given that that was the second-to-last day of the BBV sale, I figured anyone who wanted to buy manual-less and somewhat scratched copies of Harry Potter Half-Blood Prince and Star Wars Force Unleahed II for the Wii for themselves would have done so by then and that at that point they were fair game. In fact, I saw more of these on Monday when I went in for the blu-ray sale, so many good flippables ended up not even being sold at all during the BBV B1G1 sale - what a waste ;).[/QUOTE]

Yea I picked most of these up on Sunday because I wanted to give people that wanted them a chance, I also made the mistake of not knowing what time the Gamestop I was heading to closed.

I was going to the Gamestop right next to where I worked, and it closed at 5PM on Sunday WTF! I thought it was 6PM I showed up at 5:30 with a huge bag of games and couldn't get in.

[quote name='injendsm']

Crackdown 2 and Fable 2, iirc, were both listed as a $1.50 or less. With the 30% bonus for trading in 7 games and my PowerUp Card bonus, I walked out of there with $93.80 which I split between Infamous 2 and L.A. Noire.[/QUOTE]

I just looked in the OP and both Crackdown 2 and Fable II (platinum with the DLC) are listed exactly for what you got. The Fable II quote was even from way back on May 2nd. The regular Fable II is $1.50 though. Crackdown 2 is listed at $5 from 5/29 and I'm pretty sure I've seen it at that price all month.

[quote name='injendsm']I just got back from doing a few trades at my local GS and I got more than I expected, based on the TIV's listed here.

Black Ops (360)-$25
NBA 2K11 (360)-$10
Medal of Honor (PS3)-$8
Borderlands (360)-$6
Splinter Cell: Conviction (360)-$6
Crackdown 2 (360)-$5
Fable 2 Platinum Hits (360)-$7

Crackdown 2 and Fable 2, iirc, were both listed as a $1.50 or less. With the 30% bonus for trading in 7 games and my PowerUp Card bonus, I walked out of there with $93.80 which I split between Infamous 2 and L.A. Noire.[/QUOTE]

You could have just used the 40% extra trade-in bonus coupon and gotten a lot more than that.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']You could have just used the 40% extra trade-in bonus coupon and gotten a lot more than that.[/QUOTE]

That coupon expired this past Sunday.

Unless you meant the Infamous coupon but that was actually given out as a email to those who pre-oredered it already.

[quote name='boogie4114']Dead Space 2 PS3- $12 OUCH[/QUOTE]

It's $40 MSRP new now with used copies going for $34.99.

Gamestop is almost always going to get a minimum of 100% markup from base TIV to base used price.

[quote name='Luuc']They still accept PS2 trades? I thought they quit accepting PS2/GCN/GBA games... Was that just systems?[/QUOTE]

They only quit GBA, although PS2 & GC will probably stop within the next 2 years or so.

I just got an email from gamestop for 50 percent extra trade in for 6/3 to 6/12
will my pur card give me 60 percent?

2Q==

Been a lurker for a while now, but I thought I might as well begin to contribute to this fine community.

Traded in some games today (6/2) at my local Gamestop:

Xbox 360
Alpha Protocol - $7
Call of Duty 2 - $2.50
L.A. Noire - $28
Homefront - $13
Turning Point - $1.50
Xbox Wireless Controller - $9
Xbox Wired Headset - $3

*Even though "Turning Point" was only $1.50 base TIV I still got the 20% bonus for trading in 5 games. So I guess the $2 cut off does not apply to this deal.

[quote name='tttBARBWIREttt']I just got an email from gamestop for 50 percent extra trade in for 6/3 to 6/12

2Q==
[/QUOTE]

:shock::shock::shock:

I'd love a 50% trade in coupon.

[quote name='boogie4114']That coupon expired this past Sunday.

Unless you meant the Infamous coupon but that was actually given out as a email to those who pre-oredered it already.[/QUOTE]

Of course that's what I meant.

[quote name='tttBARBWIREttt']I just got an email from gamestop for 50 percent extra trade in for 6/3 to 6/12

2Q==
[/QUOTE]

Yup. :D It's game time.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Wow, a 50% coupon? Heres to hoping it is a universal code. I still havent even gotten the 40% code, and i pre-ordered Infamous 2

I'll be a bit annoyed if there's a 50% code going around just when I traded in my games to take advantage of the 40%. >_>

All Xbox 360:
---------------

Call of Duty Black Ops - $35.00

Rockstar Table Tennis - $0.70

LEGO Indiana Jones / Kung Fu Panda - $2.80

Need For Speed Shift - $ 5.60

Red Dead Redemption - $ 14.00

Fallout 3 - $ 3.50

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $15.40

NBA JAM - $21.00

TOTAL - $98.00

its not a coupon its an 20 dollar off ea games email with mention of 50 percent trade bonus starting tommorow.
Also it states Any games traded.

With the announcement of the Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, and Zone of the Enders HD Collections, I expect the seperate versions will be traded... or sold. :eek:

Too bad Gamestop gives crap values for those titles at the moment. The most is 6.00 for Peace Walker...

[quote name='io']I just looked in the OP and both Crackdown 2 and Fable II (platinum with the DLC) are listed exactly for what you got. The Fable II quote was even from way back on May 2nd. The regular Fable II is $1.50 though. Crackdown 2 is listed at $5 from 5/29 and I'm pretty sure I've seen it at that price all month.[/QUOTE]

I checked it right before I left and saw Crackdown for $1.50; I could have looked at the wrong Fable II, though.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']With the announcement of the Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, and Zone of the Enders HD Collections, I expect the seperate versions will be traded... or sold. :eek:

Too bad Gamestop gives crap values for those titles at the moment. The most is 6.00 for Peace Walker...[/QUOTE]

Lucky for me I never picked up the ZoE games or Silent Hill games! Looking forward to picking those up! I hope there's some form of online multiplayer for these updated HD collections (ZoE and MGS3 in particular), but I'm not too hopeful about how much TLC these games will get.

I'm definitely keeping my copies of Substance, Subsistence, and the MGS collection though. I might have to buy MGS on PSN just to keep my trilogy box set sealed. Never got around to opening it somehow. I have beaten the Twin Snakes version though. The low-res polygons of the original are just tough to accept this day and age, so I never got around to beating it despite borrowing it from my friend multiple times. Odd how Twin Snakes (possibly because its published by Nintendo and developed by Silicon Knights) or even an updated MGS will not be part of this collection. Really would have been cool if everything was remade using the MGS 4 engine. I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back to old school camera angles. :whistle2:#

I'd wish these re-releases would allow us to use our old save files. I still have all of my save files from MGS 2 and 3 and Peace Walker, and I have the PS2 memory card reader although I lack a backwards compatible PS2. That would make me happy. A little weird for the 3DS to be getting a remake of Snake Eater with this collection coming out too. I do hope Peace Walker gets the updated treatment that that PSP Monster Hunter game got: PSP-compatible, higher-res, etc.

Ideally, Sony should be write individual emulators for individual games, repack them, and sell them on PSN for 5 or 10 bucks. Suddenly my XBLA purchases would plummet.

A bit spoilerish, so I'll hide my qualms about Peace Walker:
I really didn't like the story of Peace Walker. If you followed Snake Eater, you got almost nothing new out of this as far as the story about The Boss goes. It's just stuff to pad out Big Boss' story and eventual rise of Outer Heaven. I got the feeling we'd see more about The Boss and her relationship to Naked Snake but no. :(

[quote name='tttBARBWIREttt']its not a coupon its an 20 dollar off ea games email with mention of 50 percent trade bonus starting tommorow.
Also it states Any games traded.[/QUOTE]

That's weird...I got the $20 off EA e-mail quite a few days ago, but I see no mention of a 50% bonus in mine.

[quote name='sgaldis']That's weird...I got the $20 off EA e-mail quite a few days ago, but I see no mention of a 50% bonus in mine.[/QUOTE]

Same here

Damn! I've got a big pile of $10+ stuff I really need to trade in tomorrow, that extra % would be awesome. Hopefully someone can shed a little more light tomorrow...

[quote name='imacgod']Lucky for me I never picked up the ZoE games or Silent Hill games! Looking forward to picking those up! I hope there's some form of online multiplayer for these updated HD collections (ZoE and MGS3 in particular), but I'm not too hopeful about how much TLC these games will get.

I'm definitely keeping my copies of Substance, Subsistence, and the MGS collection though. I might have to buy MGS on PSN just to keep my trilogy box set sealed. Never got around to opening it somehow. I have beaten the Twin Snakes version though. The low-res polygons of the original are just tough to accept this day and age, so I never got around to beating it despite borrowing it from my friend multiple times. Odd how Twin Snakes (possibly because its published by Nintendo and developed by Silicon Knights) or even an updated MGS will not be part of this collection. Really would have been cool if everything was remade using the MGS 4 engine. I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back to old school camera angles. :whistle2:#

I'd wish these re-releases would allow us to use our old save files. I still have all of my save files from MGS 2 and 3 and Peace Walker, and I have the PS2 memory card reader although I lack a backwards compatible PS2. That would make me happy. A little weird for the 3DS to be getting a remake of Snake Eater with this collection coming out too. I do hope Peace Walker gets the updated treatment that that PSP Monster Hunter game got: PSP-compatible, higher-res, etc.

Ideally, Sony should be write individual emulators for individual games, repack them, and sell them on PSN for 5 or 10 bucks. Suddenly my XBLA purchases would plummet.

A bit spoilerish, so I'll hide my qualms about Peace Walker:
I really didn't like the story of Peace Walker. If you followed Snake Eater, you got almost nothing new out of this as far as the story about The Boss goes. It's just stuff to pad out Big Boss' story and eventual rise of Outer Heaven. I got the feeling we'd see more about The Boss and her relationship to Naked Snake but no. :(
[/QUOTE]
MGS1 is compatible with the PS3. There is no need for an HD remake. You could play 1-4 plus Peace Walker on the same console. :bouncy:

I'm having a hard time wanting get rid of my essentials box set at gamestop for such a paltry sum... maybe I'll just keep them and not buy the collection and save money. :/

I can't wait for the Z.O.E. collection. At the same time, I have a feeling the first game won't appeal much to non-diehard fans.

I am a PUR member and I have not gotten that extra 50% credit for trade-in coupon. I really need it too because I have 4-6 Wii games I am trading in.

Saw a giant banner saying 50% trade-in bonus when I drove by a gamestop on the way to work. It wasn't open yet, so I didn't stop in to get details.

Black Ops is still getting $35 trade in??? Well, it looks like that wont be in my collection for much longer...

[quote name='Kotomine']
20offea_50trade.jpg

Was at the bottom of the EA email.[/QUOTE]

I received the same Gamestop email with the 50% banner at the bottom and I am not a PUR member

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back