GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to give a heads up that I traded in a couple games yesterday towards an E3 title for extra 40% and was able to cancel it and get all the credit back to my card. Nothing deducted! Used my B2G1 coupon and got myself games I've been wanting to try out. Brink, Dead Rising 2, and NBA 2K11!

[quote name='sasuke543']Just wanted to give a heads up that I traded in a couple games yesterday towards an E3 title for extra 40% and was able to cancel it and get all the credit back to my card. Nothing deducted! Used my B2G1 coupon and got myself games I've been wanting to try out. Brink, Dead Rising 2, and NBA 2K11![/QUOTE]
Sigh. I was bitching yesterday because my Gamestop wouldn't let me cancel a pre-order for Skyrim (40% bonus not used) or for Rage (40% bonus used). Went in yesterday and ended up switching Rage to Assassins Creed (after they again told me they couldn't cancel it), but there's other games I'd rather pre-order.

They fucking tell me I cant cancel it, then I said welll I can cancel pre-orders right? "Yes but the way the system works blah blah blah"....so basically they tell me yes I can but no I can't and wouldn't let me.

So, do I go in there and tell them to cancel it now or else, or should I just contact the District Manager now? Am I just a whiny bitch? Why do I have to be a dick to not be dicked around??? Thoughts?

[quote name='nas6034']Can I cancel a pre-order at any gamestop? Did a preorder a month ago and now want to cancel it.[/QUOTE]
I called another local GS and I was told I have to go into the specific store I preordered at. Of course I've apparently been told a lot of bullshit.

The one downer about cancelling the preorder is you screw over the GS employee. It shows up as a negative mark against their employee account. I think it might be different however if the preordered game has already been released then it may not count as a "preorder" by virtue of date.

The nice thing I do is just pick up the game and return it later on.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Sigh. I was bitching yesterday because my Gamestop wouldn't let me cancel a pre-order for Skyrim (bonus not used) or for Rage (bonus used). Went in yesterday and ended up switching Rage to Assassins Creed (after they again told me they couldn't cancel it), but there's other games I'd rather pre-order.

They fucking tell me I cant cancel it, then I said welll I can cancel pre-orders right? "Yes but the way the system works blah blah blah"....so basically they tell me yes I can but no I can't and wouldn't let me.

So, do I go in there and tell them to cancel it now or else, or should I just contact the District Manager now? Am I just a whiny bitch? Why do I have to be a dick to not be dicked around??? Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Did you do it the day you traded some games in?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Sigh. I was bitching yesterday because my Gamestop wouldn't let me cancel a pre-order for Skyrim (bonus not used) or for Rage (bonus used). Went in yesterday and ended up switching Rage to Assassins Creed (after they again told me they couldn't cancel it), but there's other games I'd rather pre-order.

So, do I go in there and tell them to cancel it now or else, or should I just contact the District Manager now? Am I just a whiny bitch? Why do I have to be a dick to not be dicked around??? Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Do call the District Manager, or even the actual store manager, it should fix that problem. It's amazing what calling the actual store manager can accomplish. I could almost understand a problem if you used the promo... but they just are being jerks.

[quote name='dyeknom']Do call the District Manager, or even the actual store manager, it should fix that problem. It's amazing what calling the actual store manager can accomplish. I could almost understand a problem if you used the promo... but they just are being jerks.[/QUOTE]
Right I understood I used the promo (for Rage) and even told them I'd take $30 something back instead of the $50-$60 something I got for the 40% bonus. Nope.

And for Skyrim I didnt even use the bonus, and still nope can't cancel.

[quote name='vashtheowner']Did you do it the day you traded some games in?[/QUOTE]
yep I traded in for the 40% bonus for Uncharted 3, got Skyrim with credit I already had, and got Saints Row 3 with cash. All paid off. Then next day I tried to cancel Skyrim to trade in more games and use the 40% bonus towards it. Nope can't do that. So that's when I first got kinda mad because I know now they're BSing me. So then I let it go and also preordered Rage (using the bonus for games I traded in at the same time) and Last Guardian (no bonus), again all paid off. Then I went in again to cancel Rage since I already had an online order for it I forgot about. Can't do that, but they will let me change Rage to a different E3 bonus title. That's when I was getting mad again and asking about being able to cancel preorders and they give me the yes but no answer. So I just changed it to Assassins Creed Brotherhood.

Then I read all these other people who have no problem canceling their preorders and I'm pissed. So now one way or another I'm canceling every last one of them (5 games all paid off) and will just go to the next gamestop. I just dont know if I should go in and tell them to cancel them NOW or if I should just contact the DM about it.

Edit: And now I'm pissed and feel like an idiot for preordering even more games after they screwed me the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']Sigh. I was bitching yesterday because my Gamestop wouldn't let me cancel a pre-order for Skyrim (40% bonus not used) or for Rage (40% bonus used). Went in yesterday and ended up switching Rage to Assassins Creed (after they again told me they couldn't cancel it), but there's other games I'd rather pre-order.

It's your credit, you should be able to do what you want with it, those employee's just dont want to eat cancels. What I would do if they wont let you cancel, move it to the closest E3 title, pick it up on release date, and return it. Then do what you want with it from there, there are little etches in policies customers can take advantage if you know their policies well. Minus teh rambling you should be able to do whatever you want to do with the credit.

Traded in:

6/25

Smash Bros. Brawl 25
Dragon Age 2 $23 both consoles
Donkey Kong Returns $20

[quote name='ShockandAww']Right I understood I used the promo (for Rage) and even told them I'd take $36 back instead of the $50-$60 I would have otherwise gotten. Nope.
And for Skyrim I didnt even use the bonus, and still nope.[/QUOTE]

Thats just plain ridiculous. You should call the district manager ad tell them about that.

Also to note, changing pre-orders count as a transaction effects their res/sub percents, probably another reason they are being dicks. Afraid to eat cancels and transaction percents, every employee is graded on those two things. I guess Im lucky I have three good gamestops to go to and Im friends with a good deal of them since I worked for gamestop as a SM/DM for 6 years.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Also to note, changing pre-orders count as a transaction effects their res/sub percents, probably another reason they are being dicks. Afraid to eat cancels and transaction percents, every employee is graded on those two things. I guess Im lucky I have three good gamestops to go to and Im friends with a good deal of them since I worked for gamestop as a SM/DM for 6 years.[/QUOTE]
Yeah thats obviously the real reason they dont want to do it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah thats obviously the real reason they dont want to do it.[/QUOTE]
At this point, I would wait until you see that one that told you they couldn't cancel on and then cancel every pre-order you have on that guy. If he refuses, demand the district managers number and you aren't leaving until you get it. Then when you get your way, make sure to comment on he would've only had one cancellation instead of however many you ended up doing. It's a dick move, and normally not for that, but this one was asking for it.

[quote name='JP']At this point, I would wait until you see that one that told you they couldn't cancel on and then cancel every pre-order you have on that guy. If he refuses, demand the district managers number and you aren't leaving until you get it. Then when you get your way, make sure to comment on he would've only had one cancellation instead of however many you ended up doing. It's a dick move, and normally not for that, but this one was asking for it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I agree. There were actually 2 that said I couldn't cancel so either one will do. Like I said, why should I have to be a dick to not be dicked around. All I wanted was a single game canceled at first (Skyrim) and if they had just done it that would have been that. And I was only canceling it to get the bonus towards Skyrim, then was going to use the leftover from the original Skyrim cancelation to pre order another game I wanted anyway. So it could have all been easily avoided. Oh well.

:360: Halo 3 - $2
:360: Project Gotham Racing 4 - $1
:360: Call of Duty 4 - $6
:360: Borderlands GOTY - $10
:360: Michael Jackson Experience - $17
:360: Fighters Uncaged - $16
:360: Batman AA GOTY - $8
:360: Saint's Row Double Pack - $8
:360: Red Faction Guerrilla - $2.50
:360: Fable 3 - $10
:360: Gears of War 2 - $5
:360: Rainbow 6 Vegas - $0.75
:360: Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - $2.50
:360: Modern Warfare 2 - $10

Just noticed that they gave me 30% for trade inn instead of the 40% I was supposed to get under the E3 pre-order hing. I'll have to go back tomorrow.

So it turns out you can cancel your pre-orders anytime you want, and get the full amount back for the bonuses as well. Big surprise.

The douche that lied the last 2 times and said I couldn't wasn't in so I felt bad doing it so I apologized to let them know it was nothing against them just the guy that BSed me the last 2 days I have an issue with for lying about it multiple times to my face. Anyway they obviously weren't thrilled and said it would put them in the negative for the day but it's fixed now.

Probably still going to write the DM about the one guy...I'm sure he tries it with everyone.

[quote name='ShockandAww']So it turns out you can cancel your pre-orders anytime you want, and get the full amount back for the bonuses as well. Big surprise.

The douche that lied the last 2 times and said I couldn't wasn't in so I felt bad doing it so I apologized to let them know it was nothing against them just the guy that BSed me the last 2 days I have an issue with for lying about it multiple times to my face. Anyway they obviously weren't thrilled and said it would put them in the negative for the day but it's fixed now.

Probably still going to write the DM about the one guy...I'm sure he tries it with everyone.[/QUOTE]

Should have asked that guy if you'd be able to put 50 cents towards every possible game available to pre-order with him and then came back when the other guy was there and cancelled them all. Sounds like that would hose the jerk guy pretty bad.

I think it's GS' fault for doing it the way they do by dinging the employee. If you make a pre-order with cash or credit its your cash or credit and you are allowed to do with it as you wish. You want to cancel it you should and they shouldnt be bitchin' about it.

I don't understand why preorder cancels affect an employee's number for the day. It's not like the employee has any affect on why the person wanted to cancel. I'm pretty sure no one goes into Gamestop saying "I'm content with my preorders" and then magically decides they want to cancel them all as soon as they see an employee.

Although, this brings up an interesting point... I have five different games preordered at three different stores in my area. Some of which I plan on getting, some I probably plan on canceling at some point when I need the credit for something. If I ever get bad service, I should take that opportunity to cancel on that employee. In fact, maybe I'll throw $5 on some games at other stores I frequent for this as well. I do have a couple hundred in credit I'm not sure what to do with at the moment... haha.

I get that they need a store to ship the game to, but my problem with the pre-orders is that they are not linked together. I would not be hard to have it go to the "first" store that you started the preorder for by default and then let you add to it at other stores (and eventually change it to a different location in the PUR dashboard - or in store).

[quote name='ShockandAww']I called another local GS and I was told I have to go into the specific store I preordered at. Of course I've apparently been told a lot of bullshit.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. Other stores will have NO record of any preorders.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I don't understand why preorder cancels affect an employee's number for the day. It's not like the employee has any affect on why the person wanted to cancel. I'm pretty sure no one goes into Gamestop saying "I'm content with my preorders" and then magically decides they want to cancel them all as soon as they see an employee.

Although, this brings up an interesting point... I have five different games preordered at three different stores in my area. Some of which I plan on getting, some I probably plan on canceling at some point when I need the credit for something. If I ever get bad service, I should take that opportunity to cancel on that employee. In fact, maybe I'll throw $5 on some games at other stores I frequent for this as well. I do have a couple hundred in credit I'm not sure what to do with at the moment... haha.[/QUOTE]
Basically it has some small effect on the employees themselves but mostly it hurts the store as a whole more is what I gathered. So unless the whole store is full of pricks I don't know that it hurts just the one too much. When I canceled mine there were 2 employees and they debated for a second which would do the cancellations but one guy said "I'll do it they don't like me anyway". So yeah I feel bad but I shouldn't have been lied to.

I do see you can go to tellgamestop.com though and give a compliment or report an issue all the way down to the specific employee at a given store. So I'll probably do that and make it clear that even though it was employee B that canceled my orders it was employee A that caused it to happen in the first place.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Basically it has some small effect on the employees themselves but mostly it hurts the store as a whole more is what I gathered. So unless the whole store is full of pricks I don't know that it hurts just the one too much. I do see you can go to tellgamestop.com though and give a compliment or report an issue all the way down to the specific employee at a given store.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't hurt a store as much as it hurts a single employee. The store as a whole is getting +1 and -1 from the reserves and cancellation. The individuals get +1 and -1 separately so the second employee will have worse numbers (considering you didn't preorder with him/her to begin with).

Tellgamestop.com is a great way to submit your feedback, too. Anything below a 9 or 10 is "bad" in their eyes, and they hear about it. I just have so many receipts and the survey takes too long for me to do every time. Plus I've used up all my email addresses for the sweepstakes entries so I can't enter that anymore anyway.

Ugh, I hate that they get negatives for cancelled pre-orders. :( The employees at my Gamestop have been nothing but nice and accommodating for me, but I have over $200 tied up in pre-orders there and I want to take advantage of the Best Buy pre-order deal, which means cancelling 3 of them. I don't want to screw them over. :cry:

This policy is dumb.

I'm guessing the cancellations reflect poorly on the employee because they weren't able to convince you to keep your order. I always do my preorders online, so I was never aware of these issues. Online, it's nice and painless; just a couple of clicks.

[quote name='Luuc']Ugh, I hate that they get negatives for cancelled pre-orders. :( The employees at my Gamestop have been nothing but nice and accommodating for me, but I have over $200 tied up in pre-orders there and I want to take advantage of the Best Buy pre-order deal, which means cancelling 3 of them. I don't want to screw them over. :cry:

This policy is dumb.[/QUOTE]

Emphasis on the bold.

Things you can do to avoid the employee getting a negative:

- Wait until the game comes out, get it, then return it.
- Transfer to a new pre-order. Transferring it to a game coming out soon makes it easier to do the above option. And if you have more than $5 credit on the pre-order and want some back, simply move $5 to a new pre-order and get the rest returned in credit.

[quote name='Luuc']Ugh, I hate that they get negatives for cancelled pre-orders. :( The employees at my Gamestop have been nothing but nice and accommodating for me, but I have over $200 tied up in pre-orders there and I want to take advantage of the Best Buy pre-order deal, which means cancelling 3 of them. I don't want to screw them over. :cry:

This policy is dumb.[/QUOTE]

pick up the preorder then just return it

Something like this happen the other day. I traded in 2 x da 2 to gamestop for 68 dollar credit and I fully paid for the Assassin Creed: Revelation and I got 9 dollar left over and B^$#H REFUSE to put the remain 9 dollar on my card and say I MUST put it onto a different preorder. I was like WTH; but i end up also preordering ME3 but I plan to cancel it as i preordered it at another store. How should I proceed.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Something like this happen the other day. I traded in 2 x da 2 to gamestop for 68 dollar credit and I fully paid for the Assassin Creed: Revelation and I got 9 dollar left over and B^$#H REFUSE to put the remain 9 dollar on my card and say I MUST put it onto a different preorder. I was like WTH; but i end up also preordering ME3 but I plan to cancel it as i preordered it at another store. How should I proceed.[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair. The promotion clearly states in it's first line that "Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order of select new titles."

[quote name='dyeknom']Well, to be fair. The promotion clearly states in it's first line that "Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order of select new titles."[/QUOTE]

While that's true, that is a bit ridiculous. Out of 3 stores I've done this at, two of them said all of it had to be towards a pre-order (until it was paid off and any excess went onto my card). The third store let me put the normal $5 and gave me back all the rest.

I'd go back and immediately cancel the second preorder and get your credit back. If there's any hassle, ask to talk to the district manager. And for good measure, you can always fill out tellgamestop.com and give them bad scores.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Something like this happen the other day. I traded in 2 x da 2 to gamestop for 68 dollar credit and I fully paid for the Assassin Creed: Revelation and I got 9 dollar left over and B^$#H REFUSE to put the remain 9 dollar on my card and say I MUST put it onto a different preorder. I was like WTH; but i end up also preordering ME3 but I plan to cancel it as i preordered it at another store. How should I proceed.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you cancel it on the same person that just screwed you over.

[quote name='Vap']Make sure you cancel it on the same person that just screwed you over.[/QUOTE]
As opposed to canceling it on someone else?

[quote name='sadboy']As opposed to canceling it on someone else?[/QUOTE]

Yeah the system tracks preorder and magazine subscriptions for each employee, so if you cancel on that employee he'll get a -1 for preorders that day. Honestly doesn't matter too much, unless you got a crappy manager who will chew your ass out for low numbers. =P

Some old PS2 game updates:

Final Fantasy X-2: $1.50
Max Payne 2: $0.75
Devil May Cry 3 SE: $2.00
Dragon Quest VIII: $2.50
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '06: $0.20
Max Payne: $0.75
Final Fantasy XII: $2.00

hardware:
PS2 Dual Shock: $2.00

They're all terrible and low, but I had been waiting for some kind of trade-in promo and nothing really applies to PS2 games anymore, and I don't have a PS2 anymore, so I just decided to ditch them. I enjoyed the fact that Tiger Woods '06 is a base 20 cents, but the register worker cheerfully told me that putting the game toward my Uncharted 3 preorder got me an extra 8 cents! And PUR was an additional 2 cents! Woooo!

Also dumped off a bunch of PS2 games today like the above poster. Didn't realize the current tiered trade promo applied to PS2 games so that was a nice little bonus.

Shadow of the Colossus is still $5 base if you're planning on getting the HD remake anyway.

PS3
Blazing angels 2 $6
Lego star wars $9
Ghost recon advanced war fighter $.50
GTA4 $8
PS2
Madden 11 $11
Summoner 2 $.50
ICO $7
Wii
Wii fit $.80
PSP
Socom fireteam bravo $1.50

Just traded:

:ps3: LA Noire-$22 base

Came out to $33 after the 40% E3 bonus and my PowerUp Card. I ended up paying off the remaining balance of Arkham City and some of my balance for Uncharted 3.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I tried to cancel my preorder today with no luck. No worries though. I'll just return it on release day.[/QUOTE]

So did they just tell you no or was there explanation?

Concerning the $25 console trade in promo, if I trade in 2 qualifying consoles will they give me the extra $25 for both or only on one?

[quote name='Vap']So did they just tell you no or was there explanation?[/QUOTE]

They said because I used the 40% bonus I couldn't cancel. I have cancelled in the past and got my full TIV back so obviously the guy was lying to keep his numbers up. It really doesn't bother me though. I never preorder there since everyone else offers gift cards and better deals. In fact, I just transfer GS credit to Best Buy/Amazon credit anyway.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']They said because I used the 40% bonus I couldn't cancel. I have cancelled in the past and got my full TIV back so obviously the guy was lying to keep his numbers up. It really doesn't bother me though. I never preorder there since everyone else offers gift cards and better deals. In fact, I just transfer GS credit to Best Buy/Amazon credit anyway.[/QUOTE]

How does he know you got the 40%, you could of put 5 dollars down that you had on your card without trading in. Is he just assuming that you did, or does he remember exactly what every person pre orders, how they did it

[quote name='shiftymcneely']They said because I used the 40% bonus I couldn't cancel. I have cancelled in the past and got my full TIV back so obviously the guy was lying to keep his numbers up.[/QUOTE]
Thats exactly what pissed me off enough to cancel all mine. If he told me it'll hurt his numbers and he'd appreciate it if I'd think about keeping the pre-order that would be ok. But don't fucking lie about it...

I guess I never understood. So store by store do they get more raises or something if they have more sales/preorders at a the location. Do any employees get commission from sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back