GameStop TIV & Promos: Old thread. Please check first/last post for new link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7320653

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

360 Slim Trade-Up Promo - $100 Trade-in Credit Toward Slim Purchase.(Ends 7/11/2010)NO PRE-ORDERS, YMMV ON RESERVE LISTS.
NOTE: Currently the promo is not automatically activating on the computers and are requiring manual input. This will allow for extra credit through EDGE on the accessories and get the $25 hardware bonus on top, putting it at $125, if the employee doesn't remove it like they were supposed to. This will be fixed so take advantage while you can.
[quote name='GameStop.com']Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB and receive the trade in values below: OFFER BEGINS 6/17.

*OP EDIT: This covers all current 360 hardware revisions. Look through the FAQ below on what all is need for hardware trade-in. Also multiple console trade-ins toward a new slim will be YMMV.*

• XB360 System w/wireless OR wired controller - $100
  • XB360 Hard Drive 20 GB - $30
  • XB360 Hard Drive 60 GB - $35
  • XB360 Hard Drive 120 GB - $40
  • XB360 Hard Drive 250 GB - $50
  • XB360 Memory Card 64 MB - $10
  • XB360 Memory Card 256 MB - $14
  • XB360 Memory Card 512 MB - $18
  • XB360 Network Adapter Wireless (Microsoft) - $40
  • XB360 Network N Adapter (Disc required) - $50
  • XB360 Controller – Wired (Microsoft) - $20
  • XB360 Controller – Wireless (Microsoft) - $25
*OP EDIT: You will get EDGE bonuses on trade-ins for these accessories but that bonus will be calculated off of the normal base, not the elevated promo price. Doing a data transfer from your old hard drive in-store will be extremely YMMV.*

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10. [/QUOTE]

Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. Ends 6/27/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (End 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer may not be valid in some stores. Offer valid 05/17/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed $25 trade-in value on select games. (Ends 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] $25 trade-in credit guaranteed for over 50 select titles.Click Here for Details.
25guaranteed_btm.jpg
Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/7/10 - 6/27/10. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spincut']I called mine up near me in MN and they said they got 10 today, and it sounds like they got it a little later in the day because he said "one other person" called about it, and while they expected them to sell there didnt seem to be a huge fervor of actual buying, but I guess i'll find out tommorow maybe (still need to transfer my stuff off, and am also fine with waiting for the 2nd shipment anyway).

Also a huge ass tornado/storm is sweeping through the area, making it harder for people to make it to the store :p .[/QUOTE]
Which Gamestop did you call? Just wondering cause I'm in MN as well.

And yeah, these storms are ridiculous, so I'm pretty optimistic that there will be still some around tomorrow.

The GS at Woodland Mall in MI said they were getting their stock tomorrow. When I asked the guy at the counter how many they were expecting to get in, he paused as if thinking "Well, 6 minus the 4 we're keeping out for our employees" before answering 2 :(

Spoke too soon. Severe Thunderstorms until 11p. Fun! But it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as what SE MN is getting. Geez that looks bad.

Anyway, just realized that I can't go do a trade in tomorrow as the cables that came with my 360 are still at work :( I might have to call somebody to see if I could get them to bring them to the main office in town...

[quote name='Katsumi87']The GS at Woodland Mall in MI said they were getting their stock tomorrow. When I asked the guy at the counter how many they were expecting to get in, he paused as if thinking "Well, 6 minus the 4 we're keeping out for our employees" before answering 2 :([/QUOTE]

can they do that? nice to see someone from GR

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Where is that? I'm in Duluth and we hardly ever get any thing serious like that up here.

Anyway, I'm not really expecting a huge shortage at Duluth GameStops either. As far as I can tell, it's not really a huge gaming town.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blackjack13']Which Gamestop did you call? Just wondering cause I'm in MN as well.

And yeah, these storms are ridiculous, so I'm pretty optimistic that there will be still some around tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

*in my best don't say a word impression* I'll never teeeel, i'll never teeeellll. Actually the one I called was in the metro suburbs west of Minneapolis.

[quote name='mcdaking84']can they do that? nice to see someone from GR[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is anything in place to keep it from happening :( I wasn't getting my hopes up for this week anyway. And yep, lots of MI people around on here :D

Man, I was sweating bullets while they were testing my 360. It got rrod a few days ago and I've been keeping it alive by stopping the fans. Does the same thing as the towel trick. Thank god it has been working yesterday and today after I did the towel trick again.

About the extra $25 the guy had a new memo or email or the manager just figure it out. Instead of $100 they were manually entering $75 for me and another guy there. Then the $25 bonus brought it to $100. Glad I got the credit without having to buy a new 360 since he said the stores in the area are only getting around 4 each tomorrow. I'm in Irvine. Now I can order one online instead of hunting around tomorrow.

If you have a wired controller or third party one make sure to have them take the system with the wired/third party one then the wireless or official microsoft one separate. The third party one I had only got 7.75 but the manager said that the promo just said wired so I could use the madcatz one I had with the system.

Also if you dont have an AV cable he said you could buy one of the universal ones for $12.99. I had one I used with my PS2 so I used that since I lost the AV cable.

Just called a handful of GS in the Milwaukee area. One said Monday and the rest were tomorrow, either in the late morning or early afternoon. Everyone on the phone was very nice, which I imagine can be difficult with so many calls. The last one I called put me on a call list, but that doesn't guarantee anything as they do not take reservations and will not hold any.

Keep your fingers crossed, maybe I'll be telling my boss I have to run an errand tomorrow sometime. :D

[quote name='spincut']*in my best don't say a word impression* I'll never teeeel, i'll never teeeellll. Actually the one I called was in the metro suburbs west of Minneapolis.[/QUOTE]
Fair enough! I'm over there as well....so I guess this just turned into a competition??? ;)

[quote name='chuckywang']Will GS allow me to trade in the Banjo Kazooie and Viva Pinata bundled games separately, or does it have to be traded in like one game?[/QUOTE]

Are they on separate discs? If so, just trade them in disc only and save yourself the worrying.

[quote name='stabito']just wondering the trade 3 deal do i get an additional 10$ or are all 3 games worth 10$[/QUOTE]

You'll get the normal value of the games, and $10 added on for every 3 games that are over $1 each :)

If I trade Tiger Woods 2010 (Wii) plus 2 other games, will I be able to get $25 TIV for TW2010 plus the bonus $10 for trading 3 titles?

[quote name='Blackjack13']Fair enough! I'm over there as well....so I guess this just turned into a competition??? ;)[/QUOTE]

Huh? You said you were in St. Paul, that's like on the other side :p .

Went to a GS today and saw a flyer that said with your GC MVP card you could swap for an EDGE Card and a subscription to Game Informer. Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet

FYI for those of you paranoid about the reliability of a new hardware release. SquareTrade warranty is going to run $33.59 for three year coverage after discount code "thirty30"

I'll definitely invest in that if I decide to upgrade to the slim.

Picked up the last one at one of my local stores. Bought it straight up with the understanding that I would be returning it for the trade in special. The staff member said no problem. Looks like I got the extra $25 on the console and controller, plus extra 10% from PowerUp Card according to my receipt. Ended up less than $5 out of pocket after taxes.

Traded in:
System, 20GB HD, and Wireless Controller ($30 from Pawn Shop) got $156
Wireless Controller ($10 from Pawn Shop) got $27.50
512 MB Memory Card ($5 from Kmart Clearance) got $19.80
256 MB Memory Card (Unopened from Arcade) got $15.40
Wireless Adapter ($20 from Pawn Shop) got $44.00
Dirt 2 ($10 from Hollywood Video Clearance) got $26.20
Modern Warfare 2 ($15 from Pawn Shop) got $26.80
Madden 10 ($1.50 from Used Book Store) got $7.70

Just hoping I won't pay for being an early adopter.

I know someone said it earlier but I want more confirmation. Do I have to bring in the Xbox 360 if I want to do a return/rebuy and add in the hard drive? Do I have to bring in the box for them to scan it?

I've never done this before. Do I just simply state I want to do a return/rebuy?

Hey I bought a Xbox slim at Gamestop in North Bergen Today. It was the one at 60th and I was trading in games. lol

[quote name='Envel']I know someone said it earlier but I want more confirmation. Do I have to bring in the Xbox 360 if I want to do a return/rebuy and add in the hard drive? Do I have to bring in the box for them to scan it?[/QUOTE]

Wait...what? A return/rebuy? I'm confused...

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Wait...what? A return/rebuy? I'm confused...[/QUOTE]
They buy it up front or with everything but the value from the hard drive, open it up and do the data transfer, then return the 360 and trade-in the hard drive towards the purchase of the slim they just returned.

6/17/2010

:360:

Cars $3.00
DDR $1.50
Madagascar Kartz $6.00
NHL 09 $4.00
Fight Night Round 3 $2.00
Wall-E $3.00
Tetris Evolution $8.00
Bolt $4.00

:wii:

Transformers The Game $5.25
Ghost Squad $5.25

[quote name='Rob201']Hey I bought a Xbox slim at Gamestop in North Bergen Today. It was the one at 60th and I was trading in games. lol[/QUOTE]
There is no Gamestop on 60th and North Bergen. You were probably in West New York.

Edit: jp, you think you could help my cause above ^? :(

Question:
I'd like to trade in a bunch of items, including a 20gb and 120 gb hard drive for the new xbox. However, I would need to get my saves off of it first before trading in.. how would you guys suggest going about this? Thanks :)

[quote name='jp0213']They buy it up front or with everything but the value from the hard drive, open it up and do the data transfer, then return the 360 and trade-in the hard drive towards the purchase of the slim they just returned.[/QUOTE]

Oooooh...now I get it. Pretty nifty idea.

Im sorry if someone already answered this....... but what do you do about wanting to transfer your data from the old hdd to the new one? I want to trade in my old console and hdd towards the new one, but i want my data too.

Edit: Haha, got answered as I was typing. But they just transfer it there for you?? I thought it takes hours?

[quote name='mzbagel']FYI for those of you paranoid about the reliability of a new hardware release. SquareTrade warranty is going to run $33.59 for three year coverage after discount code "thirty30"

I'll definitely invest in that if I decide to upgrade to the slim.[/QUOTE]

i got this

Sorry, this coupon is only available to selected SquareTrade buyers.

is it not active yet or am i not special enough?

[quote name='kroberts11']Question:
I'd like to trade in a bunch of items, including a 20gb and 120 gb hard drive for the new xbox. However, I would need to get my saves off of it first before trading in.. how would you guys suggest going about this? Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

just use a flash drive...i am storing my HD on two 8gb flash drives and am just going to copy it over...i have no clue if this will work, but i really hope it does...

[quote name='jj5206']just use a flash drive...i am storing my HD on two 8gb flash drives and am just going to copy it over...i have no clue if this will work, but i really hope it does...[/QUOTE]

It will work. I transferred my hard drive to three 4GB flash drives and was able to restore it.

hey guys,

picked up a slim...really by luck. it was from the cedar park, tx gamestop on pecan park blvd..just north of austin. unfortunately, it was the last one, with no mention of when they'd get more. but, to the austin community-all the south austin gamestops i called today that didn't have em today will have em tomorrow. good luck!

as for values, i got a few of the mess-up ones from manual entering:
System-$125
20GB HDD-$53(this was crazy...couldn't believe it!)
wireless g-$44
256 mem card-$15
headset-$5.50

after that and some previous trade credit, $0 came out of pocket. No tax charged either.

Good Luck everyone else!

Do you guys know if creating partitions on an external will work for using up more space? Also, I can't remember, but is the limit for external drives 8gb or 16gb? Thanks CAGS :)

So i am selling my xbox 360 Elite for $175 dollars on craigslist. Is this good enough???no extras, just the console like new...i've had it for about a year....should i do it???is it fair?

What headset are you guys trading in? I have like 4 old headsets that plug into the controller with the volume on the controller part. will those give me $5 bucks each?

[quote name='odogs4']What headset are you guys trading in? I have like 4 old headsets that plug into the controller with the volume on the controller part. will those give me $5 bucks each?[/QUOTE]

They give $5 for each, yes, though they may not take four of them.

[quote name='odogs4']What headset are you guys trading in? I have like 4 old headsets that plug into the controller with the volume on the controller part. will those give me $5 bucks each?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you may trade in the Wired Headset, the one that came in the box, for $5. You can also receive an extra 10% with your Edge Card.

[quote name='kroberts11']Question:
I'd like to trade in a bunch of items, including a 20gb and 120 gb hard drive for the new xbox. However, I would need to get my saves off of it first before trading in.. how would you guys suggest going about this? Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Find someone that has the correct transfer cable. This is the cable you can purchase separately for $19.99 or find included with the 250GB HD. Trade in everything but the HD that holds all your data (probably your 120GB HD), purchase the X360 Slim, and hang on to your receipt. Xfer the data, then bring your old HD and your X360 Slim receipt back to Gamestop.

You guys are awesome, thanks so much. I just have ONE MORE QUESTION!

When I go to GS, they aren't going to try and give me different prices than the OP, right? Is there anything I can bring in to prove those are what's listed, or does every GS pretty much know that this promo is what's going on?

Yeah thanks for the answers guys! I also have another question. HOw much do they give you for the play n charge kit?

I got a pretty good deal today. Had 3 arcades that I got last year with the $100 promotions that cost me $99.99 each. My main unit, one for another room that never got used, and a brand new sealed one a friend didn't want. With the target deal going on right now I decided to drop them like hot potatoes.

I got trade in value:
xbox 1 - $100
xbox 2 - $100
xbox 3 - $125 (wtf?)
20gb hard drive - $53.00

for a total of $378
was only expecting $300. He manually overrode it and told me I would get $33X.XX but then it added extra bonuses.

Still got my 120gb hard drive and 256mb memory card to trade in once they get the data transfer cables.

BTW how can they not expect a 90%+ return rate on the data transfer cables? Why the heck would anyone want to keep it after they use it?

Traded in 48 older, mostly crummy games today - got $240.

Rather than type them all out here, I updated the value ticker for all of them. :D

Hopefully I will find some systems in stock tomorrow....

Does anyone know if the systems aren't in stock can you still receive the credit? According to the website no store near me has it, but I want to go see how much I can get for all my stuff.

[quote name='DM7000']Does anyone know if the systems aren't in stock can you still receive the credit? According to the website no store near me has it, but I want to go see how much I can get for all my stuff.[/QUOTE]

They have to be in stock, as your credit is going toward the purchase. I can't believe they'd be dumb enough to give you the credit w/o systems available. Your best bet is to get in good with the manager and hope he/she will give you a call as soon as systems arrive.

Or just call every hour and annoy the staff so they'll hold one for you just so they don't have to talk to you anymore.... :)

Thank you for the quick reply spawnvader. I'll probably go tomorrow to see if they have any since i'll be around in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back