GameStop TIV & Promos: Old thread. Please check first/last post for new link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7320653

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

360 Slim Trade-Up Promo - $100 Trade-in Credit Toward Slim Purchase.(Ends 7/11/2010)NO PRE-ORDERS, YMMV ON RESERVE LISTS.
NOTE: Currently the promo is not automatically activating on the computers and are requiring manual input. This will allow for extra credit through EDGE on the accessories and get the $25 hardware bonus on top, putting it at $125, if the employee doesn't remove it like they were supposed to. This will be fixed so take advantage while you can.
[quote name='GameStop.com']Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB and receive the trade in values below: OFFER BEGINS 6/17.

*OP EDIT: This covers all current 360 hardware revisions. Look through the FAQ below on what all is need for hardware trade-in. Also multiple console trade-ins toward a new slim will be YMMV.*

• XB360 System w/wireless OR wired controller - $100
  • XB360 Hard Drive 20 GB - $30
  • XB360 Hard Drive 60 GB - $35
  • XB360 Hard Drive 120 GB - $40
  • XB360 Hard Drive 250 GB - $50
  • XB360 Memory Card 64 MB - $10
  • XB360 Memory Card 256 MB - $14
  • XB360 Memory Card 512 MB - $18
  • XB360 Network Adapter Wireless (Microsoft) - $40
  • XB360 Network N Adapter (Disc required) - $50
  • XB360 Controller – Wired (Microsoft) - $20
  • XB360 Controller – Wireless (Microsoft) - $25
*OP EDIT: You will get EDGE bonuses on trade-ins for these accessories but that bonus will be calculated off of the normal base, not the elevated promo price. Doing a data transfer from your old hard drive in-store will be extremely YMMV.*

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10. [/QUOTE]

Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. Ends 6/27/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (End 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer may not be valid in some stores. Offer valid 05/17/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed $25 trade-in value on select games. (Ends 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] $25 trade-in credit guaranteed for over 50 select titles.Click Here for Details.
25guaranteed_btm.jpg
Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/7/10 - 6/27/10. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Metal Gear Soid: Peace Walker - 18

I asked because I got the Big Boss Bundle and have the Collectors Edition of the game coming, only paid 37.50 for the CE, so getting 28.80 of it back isn't bad.

[quote name='paddlefoot']neiname,

didn't they give you the 3 for $10 bonus on any of them? Or are they above and the 50% below?[/QUOTE]

Yes top ones were for the 3 for $10 and bottom were the +50%.

[quote name='diddy310']Metal Gear Soid: Peace Walker - 18

I asked because I got the Big Boss Bundle and have the Collectors Edition of the game coming, only paid 37.50 for the CE, so getting 28.80 of it back isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

How did you get it for $37.50?

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Wow I ordered Splinter Cell Conviction online today at like 1PM, it shipped sometime today, and apparently it's a 10 mile drive from my house! I am so lucky, gonna enjoy this tomorrow :D Unless USPS works in a way where 10 miles takes 2 days :|[/QUOTE]
Came today! Played the first two areas, I'm so glad that I live in a real convenient place to get games fast. My biggest beef with ordering online is that I get real impatient and can' wait, but you can't beat next-day :D

[quote name='heatdolphins45']How did you get it for $37.50?[/QUOTE]

The first time gamestop.com had the 25deal code it worked on preorders, so I got that for 37.50 , Red Dead for 45, and a few others.

Question for JP/mods/community:

Should there be a "try to sell online before going to Gamestop" addendum to the OP or would it have to be a different thread in a different forum for particular older accessories, like the PS2 Network Adapter or Gamecube component cables for example? I know it's a slippery slope so that's why I think it should be limited to accessories, but there's got to be people trading in PS2 Network Adapters and not realizing they can get 6-10 times online what Gamestop is offering them for it.

Game prices and Gamestop promotions fluctuate so much that you can USUALLY get close to what you paid for something if its fairly new or you can at least get a DECENT offer for older stuff, but I'm sure some people would like to know they could sell X accessory for much more than Gamestop will buy it for. I know I didn't realize what PS2 NA's went for on EBay until I became a CAG 4 years ago so it might be something to help out newer members.

Of course I guess it would be so filled with abuse that it couldn't be done, but just food for thought I guess.

[quote name='ducci101']anyone know why the PSPGo is never apart of trade in deals as far as systems go?[/QUOTE]

Just guesses but:
1. Nobody really wants them.
2. Gamestop doesn't make hardly any money off of them because everything is digital download on them so the only add-ons they could do would be accessories (best option financially for Gamestop) or point cards/game cards (but there's little profit margin in those.)

[quote name='heatdolphins45']How did you get it for $37.50?[/QUOTE]

Probably preordered it from gs.com before they stopped you from being able to use the 25% off codes on preorders.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Wow I ordered Splinter Cell Conviction online today at like 1PM, it shipped sometime today, and apparently it's a 10 mile drive from my house! I am so lucky, gonna enjoy this tomorrow :D Unless USPS works in a way where 10 miles takes 2 days :|[/QUOTE]

I've had instances where USPS took 2-3 days for 2 miles.

Base TIV's from Today:
Battlefield Bad Company 2(PS3) $22.00
Tekken 6(PS3) $9.75
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time(PS3) $9.75
Gran Turismo(PSP) $6.75
Assassins Creed Bloodlines(PSP) $6.50
Skate 2(PS3) $6.00
NBA 10 The Inside(PSP) $11.00(Was really surprised here, had it separated into trade 3, get $10 but could have gotten a buck or two more with the 50%)
Locoroco 2(PSP) $3.00
Brunswick Pro Bowling(PSP) $2.25
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier(PSP) $5.00
Star Wars Lethal Alliance(PSP) $4.25
Motorstorm: Arctic Edge(PSP) $5.75
Overlord Minions(DS) $1.75

Went from $53 to $210, not bad I would say, considering I spent over $60 on LBP GOTY, Split Second, and other games from the GS glitch yesterday.

Some more TIV's from today:

:psp:
Locoroco: 2.75
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast: 1.50

:360:
Street Fighter IV: 3.00
Guitar Hero: World Tour: 1.50
Tales of Vesperia: 14.00
Red Dead Redemption: 25.00
CoD: MW2: 16.00

:ps3:
Hot Shots Golf: OOB: 8.00

Traded all of that (+2x RDR) for 2 copies of Blur (so I can beat my wife online) and a $20 PSN card for Joe Danger. My store made no mention of the trade 3/$10 deal and it didn't show up on the receipt. Did get a flyer listing all of the Ohio GS running the PowerUp card though.

base TIV Tues 6/8/2010

all 360
$2.50 Assassin's Creed
$6.00 Assassin's Creed 2
$4.00 Brutal Legend
$4.00 Burnout Paradise
$2.50 Crackdown
$4.00 Grand Theft Auto IV
$1.50 Lost Planet
$4.00 Raiden IV
$3.00 Red Faction: Guerilla
$1.50 Shadowrun
$3.00 Splinter Cell: Double Agent
$2.00 The Club

clerk had no idea about the trade 3 get $10 bonus deal and i had to practically argue with him to try it in the machine.

traded in super street fighter IV base value was 20.00 and then 10.00 with 50% bonus. good deal when i paid 21.xx bucks for it online. i did ask what values for LBP it was at 7.00 base and fifa 10 is at 25.00 base

base TIV 6/8/2010

All xbox360

$2.00 Superman Returns
$1.50 Lost Planet
$5.00 Lego Star Wars II
$2.50 Call of Duty 2
$3.00 Full Auto
$1.50 Monster Madness

Came out to $35.50 after the 3/10 bonus.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Question for JP/mods/community:

Should there be a "try to sell online before going to Gamestop" addendum to the OP or would it have to be a different thread in a different forum for particular older accessories, like the PS2 Network Adapter or Gamecube component cables for example? I know it's a slippery slope so that's why I think it should be limited to accessories, but there's got to be people trading in PS2 Network Adapters and not realizing they can get 6-10 times online what Gamestop is offering them for it.

Game prices and Gamestop promotions fluctuate so much that you can USUALLY get close to what you paid for something if its fairly new or you can at least get a DECENT offer for older stuff, but I'm sure some people would like to know they could sell X accessory for much more than Gamestop will buy it for. I know I didn't realize what PS2 NA's went for on EBay until I became a CAG 4 years ago so it might be something to help out newer members.

Of course I guess it would be so filled with abuse that it couldn't be done, but just food for thought I guess.[/QUOTE]
To be honest, it seems that about 50-60% of the people don't even read the first page let alone the entire first post. I could add it, but those values are very dynamic. Right now the PS2 network adapters don't get anywhere near what they were 6-8 months ago. At least from what I've seen. Also, like you said, it's a slippery slope. Where do you cut the line off? Why just accessories? It could very quickly get out of control, which is another reason I don't necessarily think a portion in the first post is really the correct place.

Since I've been doing this thread in particular I have seen no less than 3 attempts at this, either in the trading forum or in the deal/shopping discusses forum. It always fails. The trading thread ones always fail because they only offer like $2-$3 above gamestop offerings and never add-in shipping costs. The threads with info normally get buried. It's just one of those things.

Those are just my thoughts on it though. Mod may have a different idea entirely.

[quote name='ZiggyGod']I traded it in today for RDR. So here ya go! Thanks for the awesome list JP!

GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City - $11 (6/08/10)[/QUOTE]
I aim to serve. Glad to be of help to the community. Thanks for the values! Keep 'em coming everyone.

Working on updating right now guys. It does look like tomorrow will be the same scenario. No chance to update until later in the evening.

a few changes:

wanted(360)- $5
ghostbusters(360)- $4

traded 6 for the extra $20, promply ordered bioshock 2 and mass effect 2 used with the online promo. this thread made it all possible!

[quote name='heatdolphins45']Overlord Minions(DS) $1.75[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this new quote! I have an extra one of these from the BBV sale and didn't know what to do with it. Turning that $2.50 purchase into about $5.25 at Gamestop is nothing spectacular, but it is good filler for the trade 3 deal and clears up that much more space from my game clutter ;).

[quote name='jp0213']To be honest, it seems that about 50-60% of the people don't even read the first page let alone the entire first post. I could add it, but those values are very dynamic.[/QUOTE]

jp, what I would do on those two particular items (PS2 NA and GC component cables) is just put a note in the list saying that they are much more valuable online than what GS gives. I think I did that with a few items when I maintained the list. There is no need for a special section (that you are right, no one would read). But if it is just a few words after the price on special items like that people are more likely to see it.

[quote name='io']jp, what I would do on those two particular items (PS2 NA and GC component cables) is just put a note in the list saying that they are much more valuable online than what GS gives. I think I did that with a few items when I maintained the list. There is no need for a special section (that you are right, no one would read). But if it is just a few words after the price on special items like that people are more likely to see it.[/QUOTE]
Good call on that. Will do that here in a few minutes. Got the lists caught up, almost done getting the database up to date.

Updates to lists database complete. Thanks for the ideas and wording MSUHitman and io. Got that taken care of as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem Io, I have a couple left over DS Games from that sale as well, I got 2 mismarked Pokemon Explorer games, but they fetch quite a bit online as well as TWEWY, which I kept in my clutter;)

How soon do you get the $10 credits for ordering the games? I ordered NSMB after trading it in and the order is now closed.

Got the chance to sell some filler games I've been meaning to get rid of for a while..

:gc:Wired Gamecube Controller - 5.25

:360:Red Dead Redemption 25.00
:360:Spider-Man: Web of Shadows 5.00
:360:NBA Street Homecourt 2.00
:360:NCAA Football 09 1.00
:360:Dark Sector 1.50
:360:Bourne Conspiracy 3.00
:360:King Kong 2.00
:360:TMNT 4.00
:360:Saints Row 2.50
:360:Viva Pinata - 3.00

:wii:Madden 07 - 3.00
:wii:Rayman Raving Rabbids 4.50

6-8-10

:ps3:
Endwar - 3.00
Soldier of Fortune Payback - 3.00
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - 2.50
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - 6.00
:wii:
Spy Games: Elevator Mission - 2.25
Samba de Amigo - 2.00
The Bigs - 4.00

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Got the chance to sell some filler games I've been meaning to get rid of for a while..

:gc:Wired Gamecube Controller - 5.25

[/QUOTE]

That's not too bad actually, do they add refurb fees on controllers too??

[quote name='david12795']hmm so if we trade in 3 games, do we get the 50% AND the extra 10? or only one of the other?[/QUOTE]

RUN!!!! :hot:

here are some base value prices...

viva pinata -$3
wet - $7 (or was it 9)... i think that it was 7... pretty sure 7
fifa world cup 2006 - $1
dark sector - 1.50
lego indiana jones - less than $1

also, i visited two gamestops, and they wouldn't let me trade in games that are sealed in front of them... they said to open it [while not in the store] and come back tomorrow... it's their policy... and these two gamestops were extremely far apart, one in brooklyn and the other in queens new york... what's up with that???

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']That's not too bad actually, do they add refurb fees on controllers too??[/QUOTE]

haha I always wonder if people realize they get the same if not more on gamecube trade ins by trading in the accessories and keeping the actual cube:bouncy:

June 8th Base Trade Values

:360: FIFA Soccer 09 - 5.00
:360: Ghostbusters - 4.00
:360: NHL 09 - 4.00
:360: Viva Pinata - 3.00
:360: Just Cause - 2.00
:360: Armored Core 4 - 2.50
:ps3: Sega Rally Revo - 3.50
:ps3: Overlord: Raising Hell - 5.00
:ps3: Unreal Tournament III - 2.75
:ps3: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand - 5.75
:ps3: Dark Sector - 2.00
:psp: Sega Rally Revo - 1.75
:psp: Ace Combat X - 4.50
:psp: Sid Meier's Pirates - 4.00
:psp: Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce - 5.00
:ds: Age of Empires: Mythologies - 5.75
:ds: Mahjong Quest - 5.50
:ds: Lock's Quest - 2.25
:wii: Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles - 6.50
:wii: NiGHTS - 2.25
:wii: Geometry Wars: Galaxies - 2.75

[quote name='[email protected]']
also, i visited two gamestops, and they wouldn't let me trade in games that are sealed in front of them... they said to open it [while not in the store] and come back tomorrow... it's their policy... and these two gamestops were extremely far apart, one in brooklyn and the other in queens new york... what's up with that???[/QUOTE]

Cause that makes you look like you stole the games, if you had unopened games, you would just return them where you bought them to get a full refund. Not to trade them in.

[quote name='sassygnome']do you get less trade in value if game is not complete? just curious and hope no one bites my head off...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no. That's why we get upset when we get disc-only used games because it's the same trade in value for disc only as it is if complete

I went to a GS yesterday to try and trade in Mario Kart Wii and Tales of Vesperia, but both had a base of ~$14. I had asked about these games being on the "Guaranteed for $25" list, but the clerk was not aware of any list. So perhaps they're starting to take games off that list that's on the OP? I decided to hang on to these and try other avenues (eBay especially for Tales). Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back