GameStop TIV/Promos Thread XX: Old thread, new thread in first/last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD LOCATED HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316500-gamestop-tivpromos-thread-xxi-3-extra-on-every-game-2-and-higher-when-trading-in-3-or-more-games-kindle-cards-come-back/

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

WHEN POSTING VALUES:

Please try to follow the example below if possible. If you feel the need to use the system icons, please only use them once at and at the top of the list. Also always post the system it's for even if it's only on one system. I may not always know it.

5/13

Game1

Game2

Game3

PS3

Game1

Game2

Game3

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% extra credit on trade *WITH COUPON FROM RENEWING POWERUP PRO ONLY* (Ends 6/30, close of business)
GameStop.com said:
GameStop currently has a promotion where when you get a new or renew your PowerUp Rewards Pro you are getting a coupon for 50% on a trade done with that coupon. Works on games and hardware.

"50% extra in-store credit for every item you trade

Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend with or without notice. Expires 7/31/13
"

30% extra credit towards select products. (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
30% extra in-store credit when you trade any games, accessories, systems, smart phones, tablets and more toward:

• SOL Republic headphones
  • Nexus 7 32GB
  • Net-10
  • NCAA Football 14
  • Pikmin 3
  • Disney Infinity
  • Saints Row IV
  • Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • FIFA 14
  • Battlefield 4

$3 extra on every game $2 and higher when trading in 3 or more (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
Get $3 extra in-store for every game you trade, when you trade 3 or more games.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Trade 2 eligible games get new game for $9.99 (Ends 7/14/13)
GameStop.com said:
Get any new game valued at $59.99 for $9.99 when you trade in 2 eligible games:
Army of Two Devil's Cartel
BioShock Infinite
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Dead Island Riptide
Defiance
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
FIFA Soccer 13
Fire Emblem Awakening
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Gears of War: Judgment
God of War: Ascension
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
LEGO City: Undercover
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Major League Baseball 2K13
Mario Party 9
Mass Effect Trilogy
Metroid Prime Trilogy
MLB 13: The Show
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
NHL 13
Ni No Kuni:Wrath of the White Witch
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Pokemon HeartGold
Pokemon SoulSilver
Star Trek
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition
Super Mario Bros, New 2
Super Mario Bros. New
Super Mario Bros. New U
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Tales of Graces f
Tiger Woods 14
WWE 13
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

*Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $50.00 or greater, and must be applied toward the purchase of a new game priced $59.98 or higher. If applicable, excess credit remaining after purchase will be returned to the customer in the form of in-store credit. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $9.99 before tax, where applicable, for games priced at $59.99. Customer is responsible for any additional cost when purchasing games priced over $59.99. Eligible games must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,16, 17, 18, 19, Old thread links don't work,,,,,

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value: $0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the PowerUp Rewards card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your PowerUp Rewards card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

If I buy a used copy of a game that requires an online pass for multiplayer, will it come with an online pass?
If you purchase a used title published by either Sony or WB you get an online pass from GS on your receipt. That's also why the used copies are $55 instead of $48 when the MSRP is $60. No GS issued passes of games published by EA, THQ, etc. On those titles you're totally dependent on the previous owner not using the code.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
May or May Not Charge, Depending Upon County: Florida,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bgame2']Have not found any kindle cards. Are you guys finding them with all of the other cards?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TwistedShade']Also forgot to add my Local store in the mall didn't have any Kindle, or Shell gift cards. Was looking on the spinning rack display..not sure if they're hidden somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

At my GS store this evening they said they are expecting the Kindle and Shell cards but they won't get them until the end of this week or beginning of next week. It is pretty annoying that so many CAGs saw them on Monday but apparently we're in the backwoods or something and shipping stuff here takes an extra week :roll:. (I'm West Coast, specifically Pacific NW). There must be a memo going around to try to push these cards on people to take store credit instead of cash because (in addition to what we've already seen here) after the guy helped me he told his coworker that they were supposed to encourage people to get the Shell cards in particular (ie, "pay for gas money with your games").

Though it does seem that my store maybe has a lot of cards that other CAGs don't see. They've had all these for a while. In addition to all the PSN/Xbox/Nintendo cards and tons of other online gaming cards (Facebook, some Robot game, tons of other online stuff I already forgot about), they have Starbucks, Burger King, Taco Bell, Applebees, and a few other gift cards.

I felt like I had to get something so I ended up buying a Nintendo eShop card. I was getting tired of putting in my CC info for all hose 30 cent Wii U games. I figure I can use $20 over the lifetime of the Wii U and using GS credit on it is better than using my credit card. I still plan to return and buy out their stock of Kindle cards when they get them though ;).

And no surprises here:

:360: CoD Black Ops II - $22
:ps3: CoD Black Ops II - $22

I wish I had known about the Mario Sports Mix and Kirby's Return to Dreamland prices earlier in the day... They held at the same value but the previous quotes were from March or earlier so I assumed they would be worth much less.

Also, I'm pretty damn annoyed at GS giving out 50% trade-in coupons for PUR renewal immediately after I renewed 2 months early because I was sick of the clerks asking me about it every time I was in there. Next year, I'm holding out till the very end and I will tell them exactly why. SO I had to use the 30% promo for preordering AC New Leaf, which I wanted to get anyway so that's OK. But if I make another trade there isn't anything else from the 30% bonus list I'd want to get.

[quote name='io']
Also, I'm pretty damn annoyed at GS giving out 50% trade-in coupons for PUR renewal immediately after I renewed 2 months early because I was sick of the clerks asking me about it every time I was in there. Next year, I'm holding out till the very end and I will tell them exactly why. SO I had to use the 30% promo for preordering AC New Leaf, which I wanted to get anyway so that's OK. But if I make another trade there isn't anything else from the 30% bonus list I'd want to get.[/QUOTE]
What's stopping you from renewing again now to get the 50% off coupon? You can extend your membership an infinite amount of years. Well maybe not, but I know someone that is good until 2017.

[quote name='klimb22']What's stopping you from renewing again now to get the 50% off coupon? You can extend your membership an infinite amount of years. Well maybe not, but I know someone that is good until 2017.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I could but it is still annoying that my original expiration was perfectly timed such that I could have gotten the 50% but because I was nice to them and renewed when they asked me way early I got hosed. They had been asking me so many times I thought I must be close but when I looked at the renewal receipt (several weeks back now) it was not set to expire until near the end of June!

05/21/13
PS3
COD Black ops - 5
Undead Nightmare - 5
Max Payne 3 - 5
COD MWF3 - 4
Resident Evil 6 - 8
Aliens colonial Marines - 8
Killzone 3 - 2.50

XBox 360
Batman AC - 6

Ds
Simpsons Game - 2.50

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Loner1']05/21/13
PS3
Resident Evil - 8
[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming this is RE6?

Just making sure since I plan on trading it in tomorrow

:360: 360 games

Grand Theft Auto 4-8.00
Saints Row 2-7.50
Assassin's Creed-4.50
Fall out: New Vegas-3.00
Street Fighter X Tekken-4.00

also got
$4.00 quote for Sonic and the secret rings for the Wii,

but didn't trade it in because my 7th game (borderlands) was under $3 according to the cashier. Forgot the value i was told though, sorry.

With promo and PUR- got $49.70

[quote name='kk012']in-store quote 5/21

:3ds: $75[/QUOTE]
Woah, I wonder if thats the real base value or if the employee went ahead and put the extra 30%/50% in.

Would be $105 with the extra 40% if that's truly the base. I would consider trading mine in towards PS4/One and buying a cheap XL on cowboom.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I'm assuming this is RE6?

Just making sure since I plan on trading it in tomorrow[/QUOTE]

highly likely because GS sells used copies of re5 for $10... and ORC is probably not that high either.

[quote name='kk012']in-store quote 5/21

:3ds: $75[/QUOTE]
[quote name='kinney_bmx']Woah, I wonder if thats the real base value or if the employee went ahead and put the extra 30%/50% in.

Would be $105 with the extra 40% if that's truly the base. I would consider trading mine in towards PS4/One and buying a cheap XL on cowboom.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even realize that the extra 30% promo included consoles until just now. So, I assumed that I was given the base TIV. Hopefully, someone else can confirm this. If the base is $75, I'd trade in my red 3DS.

[quote name='Jampack200']Is it worth it to trade in my rarely used Wii for the Wii U?[/QUOTE]

GS will bump the Wii trade in up if you do it for a WiiU.

Are Hitman: Absolution, Arkham City GOTY, and ACIII all on sale right now? I can't get to a GS for a few days, and the current ad expires today :( I have that B2G1 from upgrading to Powerup Rewards Pro, and I'd really like to get those three.

are there still any 20% off birthday codes floating around? Or are mods not allowing that sort of thing anymore? if I can find one, I can think of a few trades I'd like to make tomorrow towards some 3ds titles.

ebc3039205

also, i can confirm the $ off coupons work on the gift cards, i used a $10 off to get the shell gas card

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I'm assuming this is RE6?

Just making sure since I plan on trading it in tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Yes it is

[quote name='sninh']ebc3039205

also, i can confirm the $ off coupons work on the gift cards, i used a $10 off to get the shell gas card[/QUOTE]

I have a $10 off any used coupon. That works on gift cards?

[quote name='The Punisher']I have a $10 off any used coupon. That works on gift cards?[/QUOTE]

No, unfortunately not. The $ off any item coupons should though...

[quote name='The Punisher']I have a $10 off any used coupon. That works on gift cards?[/QUOTE]

Really man? No offense but think about that and you will have your answer. Gift cards are not used items.

[quote name='aircobra']Really man? No offense but think about that and you will have your answer. Gift cards are not used items.[/QUOTE]

Lol thats what I was thinking. I guess some people don't think at all.

Wii:
Dirt 2 - $3

PS3:
BF3 - $5
Dead to Rights Retribution - $3
AC Revelations - $4
COD MW3 - $4
Need for Speed Carbon - $12
UFC 3 - $14

XBOX 360:
Sniper Elite V2 -$6
Spider-man Friend or Foe - $7.50

PSVita:
Modnation Racers - $4

3DS:
KH: DDD - $11

(360)

Alan Wake (360) - $5.00
Aliens Colonial Marines (360) - $8.00
Alpha Protocol (360) - $.50
Bioshock (360) - $6.00
Bioshock 2 (360) - $4.00
Bourne Conspiracy (360) - $1.00
Call of Duty World at War (360) - $2.50
Call of Duty Black Ops (360) - 6.00
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (360) - $22.00
Child of Eden (360) - $4.00
Condemned (360) - .50
Condemned 2 (360) - .50
Darkness (360) - $1.00
Dead Rising 2 (360) - $5.00
Dead Rising (360) - $1.00
Dragon Age 2 (360) - $2.00
Elder Scrolls IV GOTY (360) - $5.00
Eternal Sonata (360) - $5.00
Far Cry 3 (360) - $17.00
Rock Band 3 (360) - $10.00

(PS3)

Max Payne 3 (PS3) - $5.00
Medal of Honor (PS3) $1.00
Mortal Kombat Komplete (PS3) $7.00
Prince of Persia HD (ps3) $5.00
Ratchet And Clank HD (ps3) $10.00
Ratchet and clank crack (ps3 $3.00
Ratchet and Clank Future $2.00
Tomb Raider Trilogy $12.00

(3DS)

Luigi Mansion - $18.00
Legend of Zelda $18.00
Mario Kart 7 $15.00
Kid Icarus $7.00
Kingdom Hearts DDD $11.00
Super Mario 3D Land $15.00
Tales of Aybss $12.00

(Vita)

Assassin Creed Liberation $7.00
Gravity Rush $8.00
Little Big Planet $10.00
Mortal Kombat $6.00
Ninja Gaiden $6.00

(Wii)

Donkey Kong Country Returns $12.00

(Accessories)

PS3 Dual Shock 3 Controller $20.00
PS3 Move controller $4.00
PS3 Move Navigation $4.00
PS3 Move Eye $2.00
PS3 Controller Charge Dock $1.25

Wii Remote (reg) $4.00
Wii U Remote $14.00

(Apple)

iPhone 4 16gb ATT $155.00

I normally hate trading in games at Gamestop. But I have a lot of games that I don't think I'd get very much value for online. That trade 7 for $35 looks like a good deal.

Some values I just called and checked this morning...

:360: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - $20
:ps3: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - $20
:360: UFC Undisputed 3 - $15
:wii: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - $16
:wii: Kirby's Return to Dreamland - $17

From 5/19:

:360:
250GB Slim HDD - 40.00
Wireless Controller - 18.50
Play and Charge Kit - 8.00
Rechargeable Battery Pack - 1.50

:wii:
Wiimote (non motionplus) - 4.00
Motion Plus attachment - 4.50
Nunchuck (official) - 2.50

:ps3:
Dual Shock 3 - 20.00
USB Mini Cable - 2.00

:ps2:
Dual Shock 2 - 1.50

-----------------------------------------------------------

From 5/21:

:360:
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean - 7.00
Halo 4 - 10.00
Red Dead Redemption GOTY - 10.00
Mass Effect 3 - 4.00
Lego Batman/Pure - 5.00
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - 7.50
Your Shape Fitness Evolved - 5.00
Halo Wars - 6.00
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga - 10.00

Sonic and the Black Knight - 5.00

Lego Star Wars III - 6.00
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 4.00
Little Big Planet 2 SE - 6.00

Traded in 21 games and a phone and got $395 in store credit. Then I bought $400 in Kindle GC's. The look on there face when I grabbed the Kindle Cards was priceless.

5/22/2013

PS3:

Lego Batman 2 6.00
Lego Harry Potter 1-4 5.00
Lego Harry Potter 5-7 4.00
Army of Two 40th Day 4.00
Shrek Forever After 4.00
CSI:Fatal Conspiracy 3.00
NCIS 5.00
Back to the Future 4.00

:3ds:
Paper Mario: Sticker Star - $13

PS Vita
LittleBigPlanet - $10

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - $5
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - $4
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $6

House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return - $5
Rampage: Total Destruction - $2.25
Wii Sports - $5

[quote name='dyeknom']I had no idea they posted a few tivs until this last week.

http://www.gamestop.com/trade-values

Subtract $5 (always subtract current promo) from the trade value base for current values (updated this am).[/QUOTE]

That link claims 360 Wireless controllers get $24 but I can confirm it's only $18.50 + $8 for PnC kit. I was a little disappointed when I found out I wasn't getting what was on the website.

Based off TIV listed on this CAG thread, and that GS link, I was expecting about $5-$8 more for my trade but I was okay with it. I traded in a lot of stuff that after the $5 promotion on each of the 7 games, I got way more than they were worth on ebay or BBY.

Does anyone know if GS would accept a Wii U Microphone for trade-in? I'll probably call to ask if no one knows, but I figured I'd ask here first.

[quote name='KryllFood']That link claims 360 Wireless controllers get $24 but I can confirm it's only $18.50 + $8 for PnC kit. I was a little disappointed when I found out I wasn't getting what was on the website.

Based off TIV listed on this CAG thread, and that GS link, I was expecting about $5-$8 more for my trade but I was okay with it. I traded in a lot of stuff that after the $5 promotion on each of the 7 games, I got way more than they were worth on ebay or BBY.[/QUOTE]

The controller does get $24. You just have to use the 30% pre-order/purchase promo bonus to get it.
$18.50 Base
$5.55 (30% Bonus)
$24.05 Store Credit "Up to Value"

Plus: $1.85 (10% PUR)
$25.90 PUR "Up to Value"

There's even an asterisk (*) saying those values include promotional offers

* Values include current promotional offers, and are subject to change at any time. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Hardware must have all necessary components. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trades subject to manager approval. See store for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. Offer may be modified or ended without notice.

[quote name='lewchief']Got a phone quote of $95 base for a slim 360 4gb[/QUOTE]

Wow really? That means you can get $133 with the 40% bouns

[quote name='major morgan']The controller does get $24. You just have to use the 30% pre-order/purchase promo bonus to get it.
$18.50 Base
$5.55 (30% Bonus)
$24.05 Store Credit "Up to Value"

Plus: $1.85 (10% PUR)
$25.90 PUR "Up to Value"

There's even an asterisk (*) saying those values include promotional offers[/QUOTE]

Ah didn't think that hardware was applied to that 30% towards promo bonus too...thought it was just games. Thanks for clearing it up.

[quote name='KryllFood']That link claims 360 Wireless controllers get $24 but I can confirm it's only $18.50 + $8 for PnC kit. I was a little disappointed when I found out I wasn't getting what was on the website.

Based off TIV listed on this CAG thread, and that GS link, I was expecting about $5-$8 more for my trade but I was okay with it. I traded in a lot of stuff that after the $5 promotion on each of the 7 games, I got way more than they were worth on ebay or BBY.[/QUOTE]

The 24 includes the most expensive trade promo, presumably the 30%. So that is correct (24.05)

[quote name='xenozfan2']Wow really? That means you can get $133 with the 40% bouns[/QUOTE]

30% bonus. The 40% is for phones, tablets and mp3 players. And the 10% PUR bonus doesn't apply to consoles.

9.50 base for 3rd party mad catz controller (very surprised i got that much).

ended up 10.45 after promo

also nabbed xenoblade chronicles, too bad it didn't have manual or case.

When has GameStop sold used gift cards?

Why would you want one anyway? It could have a zero balance.

Went in today to pick up couple of games and saw the kindle gift cards ($25 and $50 variants). Got 4 of the $50 ones since I had credit to spare. Turns out 3 out of the 4 worked but the 4th one would not go through. Drove back to GS and explained to the associate what happened. He canceled that one and I picked up another one. I told him this time I will apply it from the store to verify it worked and lo behold it did not go through either. He was as puzzled as I was. He refunded me the difference since I did not try my luck with another. He told me that it was possible they got a bad batch. Has this happened to anyone one else? I thought that was really strange. Definitely leaving good feed back to the associate for being so helpful.

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']Went in today to pick up couple of games and saw the kindle gift cards ($25 and $50 variants). Got 4 of the $50 ones since I had credit to spare. Turns out 3 out of the 4 worked but the 4th one would not go through. Drove back to GS and explained to the associate what happened. He canceled that one and I picked up another one. I told him this time I will apply it from the store to verify it worked and lo behold it did not go through either. He was as puzzled as I was. He refunded me the difference since I did not try my luck with another. He told me that it was possible they got a bad batch. Has this happened to anyone one else? I thought that was really strange.[/QUOTE]

i used to work retail, and we would get bad batches from various retailers (i.e. they wouldn't activate).

I'm surprised GS doesn't have their receipt say whether or not the cards are activated.

[quote name='archerbro74']i used to work retail, and we would get bad batches from various retailers (i.e. they wouldn't activate).

I'm surprised GS doesn't have their receipt say whether or not the cards are activated.[/QUOTE]
The receipt definitely doesn't say if it was activated just what was rung up and their reference numbers. Not complaining since the associate was very helpful and took care of the issue. I will just make sure next time I load them while I am their just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back