Gamestop - Trade 2 from specified list and get NEW from list for $19.99 ***DEAD***

AJRogers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Trade in two games from the list on this flyer, and get a new game from the list for $19.99 or $9.99

Gamestop is extending the Deal, posted by JohnLa101
[quote name='JohnLa101']Just a heads up, turns out they are extending this deal to 11/23, but with an updated list of eligible trades and the games you can get. Noteworthy mentions are Gears 2, LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead, Mirrors Edge and COD: World at War. Sadly, decent trades like Tiger Woods 08 and Burnout Paradise are no longer eligible, but surprisingly Lego Star Wars is still on the list. I got the new flier today from a Gamestop, I have the images too and can post them if anybody could explain how I could do that here.[/quote]

Extended Deal - Expires 11/23

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/23/08
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541265
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541265.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/23/08

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=541266
Also on photobucket
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/imagecgifile541266.jpg

Old Deal Ending 11/02

List of new games eligible for purchase of $19.99 or $9.99, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Games.jpg

List of games eligible for trade, Expires 11/02/08
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/T_Rogers/Gamestop/Gamelist.jpg

I just got back from picking up my LBP preorder and traded,

:ps3: GTA IV - $12.50 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Burnout Paradise - $8.00 - $20.00 with deal
:360: Cabela's Alaskan hunt 360 - $4.75 - No deal, not on list

And received Saints Row 2 for $19.99

I'll be going back tomorrow with a Halo 3 that I picked up for $9 and Tiger Woods 08 so I can pick up Midnight Club:LA for $19.99 also. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, picked up enough used fodder from GS to turn around and get 2 Wii games for my kids for Christmas. Getting Wii Music for my daughter. I was going to get LEGO Batman for my son...but now I'm leaning towards Mario Kart. Two reasons:

1. Replayability. We're still playing MKDD (not for completeness...we unlocked everything years ago)...and it was the first GC game I bought. The LEGO games have a lot of replayability too...but, to my mind, not to the extent of the Mario Kart series.
2. Cost (yes, paying with credit, but still...). I doubt Mario Kart will ever see a price drop. LEGO Batman on the other hand...

So, yeah. Sounds like I've made up my mind right? Not really...I'm still going back and forth.

Anyone want to push me over the edge on either side?

Help me pick a game from the list. i want something that I will be able to play online for sometime. I was thinking Left 4 Dead, Endwar or Call of Duty 4. What would you buy?

[quote name='kart007k']Help me pick a game from the list. i want something that I will be able to play online for sometime. I was thinking Left 4 Dead, Endwar or Call of Duty 4. What would you buy?[/quote]

If you haven't tried the demo for Left 4 dead, try it. The co-op totally grabbed me and I'm really not an online player. COD 4 has legs for weeks, so you can't go wrong with that if L4D doesn't do it for you.

[quote name='kart007k']Help me pick a game from the list. i want something that I will be able to play online for sometime. I was thinking Left 4 Dead, Endwar or Call of Duty 4. What would you buy?[/quote]

[quote name='LuisRM']If you haven't tried the demo for Left 4 dead, try it. The co-op totally grabbed me and I'm really not an online player. COD 4 has legs for weeks, so you can't go wrong with that if L4D doesn't do it for you.[/quote]

You mean Call of Duty: World at War, right? I don't see Call of Duty 4 on the list.

Wait, so are the games in the image the only ones? Meaning although it supports Fallout 3 for PS3, it doesn't support it for 360?

[quote name='Samus']Wait, so are the games in the image the only ones? Meaning although it supports Fallout 3 for PS3, it doesn't support it for 360?[/quote]
fine print says also available for 360

[quote name='Samus']Wait, so are the games in the image the only ones? Meaning although it supports Fallout 3 for PS3, it doesn't support it for 360?[/quote]

No, it supports it on multi systems if the game is on multiple systems. I traded my CoD4 and WarioWare for Fallout 3, and the guy asked me which version I wanted (PS3 or 360).

It works on the games pictured, not necessarily just the system pictures!

[quote name='Samus']Awesomeeee! Thanks guys. And so I just have to print the flier and show them? Or will they already know about it?[/quote]

They should know about it. They should have the flyers, as well as some posters, signs, and possibly even stickers/cards on some of the games.

[quote name='Samus']Awesomeeee! Thanks guys. And so I just have to print the flier and show them? Or will they already know about it?[/quote]

You may want to call ahead. I called 2 of my GS's and only one was running this promo.

Did anyone run into problems with this promo working on preorders? It wouldn't work for Left 4 Dead on 360 and the guy said it was because I was buying a 360 game and trading in a 360 and PS3 game. I told him this didn't make any sense and he said that I didn't understand what he was saying. So, I got a copy of Gears of Wars 2 with a gift receipt that I'll swap out.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Did anyone run into problems with this promo working on preorders? It wouldn't work for Left 4 Dead on 360 and the guy said it was because I was buying a 360 game and trading in a 360 and PS3 game. I told him this didn't make any sense and he said that I didn't understand what he was saying. So, I got a copy of Gears of Wars 2 with a gift receipt that I'll swap out.[/quote]
Should just be because L4D isn't out yet. It shouldn't work on preorders, but should be no problem once you pick it up.

[quote name='JJSP']Should just be because L4D isn't out yet. It shouldn't work on preorders, but should be no problem once you pick it up.[/QUOTE]
So, even though at the time it is only showing I traded in two games for 11.00, the computer will know to give me the promo at a later date (tomorrow)? I know I said I got Gears of Wars 2 to swap out, but I am thinking about getting a copy for my friend's christmas gift.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']So, even though at the time it is only showing I traded in two games for 11.00, the computer will know to give me the promo at a later date (tomorrow)? I know I said I got Gears of Wars 2 to swap out, but I am thinking about getting a copy for my friend's christmas gift.[/quote]
Hmm. It might actually screw you if you traded the games before the release date. Bring the receipt with you just in case, but you might end up having to return Gears and pick up L4D.

OK, well, didn't end up as good as I hoped, but can't complain too much since the games I got will never see a price drop and I was using cheap credit.

Got 2x Orange Box [360], 2x LSW:CS [Wii/360]. Traded in on this promo for Wii Music and Mario Kart Wii (Xmas presents for the kids). Edge +10% only worked on the base TIVs, before the bump to $20, so I only got an extra $2 across all 4 titles. And I had to pay tax on the full $49.99 for each.

In the end, I got both games for $81 in credit. Without this promo, it would have cost me $108.50 in credit, so saving $27.50 isn't bad. Of course, with my running totals, $81 in credit equates to $21.xx in cash, so...

I can live w/ that. ;)

[quote name='Quintox']What'd that trade in for?[/quote]

I wish I had kept the receipts. I'm not sure about the values for any of the trades, but honestly, that game is so old I just wanted it gone.

Went to gamestop #1 and bought Half Life 2: Orange Box and LSW: Complete Saga for like $27 (w/tax + cellfire + edge) in trade-in credit. Took it to gamestop #2 and tried to preorder L4D and the guy told me that Orange Box was no longer valid since it was on sale/just dropped, etc. It took some convincing but he eventually rang it up and it did qualify for the deal. I'm just not sure if in the next few days if it will still be eligible.

Read the terms and it said something about changing the terms of the trade-ins at any time.

should i get 2x O.B(360) for 17.99 - 20%(coupon)+Edge?? Then use this deal? Should I do that one day and buy the next or can i do all of it at the same time??

[quote name='darknight88']should i get 2x O.B(360) for 17.99 - 20%(coupon)+Edge?? Then use this deal? Should I do that one day and buy the next or can i do all of it at the same time??[/quote]

If Orange Box holds in the deal, it might be better for you to get O.B. and LSW: Complete Saga since they are the same price. That way, it will give you 2 different games.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Went to gamestop #1 and bought Half Life 2: Orange Box and LSW: Complete Saga for like $27 (w/tax + cellfire + edge) in trade-in credit. Took it to gamestop #2 and tried to preorder L4D and the guy told me that Orange Box was no longer valid since it was on sale/just dropped, etc. It took some convincing but he eventually rang it up and it did qualify for the deal. I'm just not sure if in the next few days if it will still be eligible.

Read the terms and it said something about changing the terms of the trade-ins at any time.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I hope I don't run into this since I wanted to trade in my Orange Box. People didn't seem to have any problems with the Lego SW title, and that one had a price drop during the first promo and before the second.

traded in an old copy (see slightly scratched) copy of Gears with no case or manual and Okami for Wii ($21 at BB) and picked up Left 4 Dead. They said to come in tomorrow to get $5 more off the title. apparently if you preorder it you get $5 off. Not too bad. Thanks OP!

yea I just got a copy of the orange box from blockbuster in hopes to transfer my BB credit to GS credit... with this trade for left 4 dead.... it better work...

[quote name='LuisRM']traded in an old copy (see slightly scratched) copy of Gears with no case or manual and Okami for Wii ($21 at BB) and picked up Left 4 Dead. They said to come in tomorrow to get $5 more off the title. apparently if you preorder it you get $5 off. Not too bad. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
How did that work? I didn't get the full trade in of the promo when I tried.

Picked up COD:WaW by dumping OB and Cod4. It was sad to see cod4 go but I played it enough that it more than justified a day one purchase last year.

Picking up L4D today with some left over trade in credit from the trade 5 get 30 bonus credit.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']If Orange Box holds in the deal, it might be better for you to get O.B. and LSW: Complete Saga since they are the same price. That way, it will give you 2 different games.[/quote]

Agreed. Trading in two of the same games is pretty YMMV. Of the 3 gamestops I have around me (5 mile radius, they're getting worse than Starbucks) none of them would take duplicate games. The one store said they wouldn't even take for a standard trade-in. Told me I had to come back the next day to sell another.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']How did that work? I didn't get the full trade in of the promo when I tried.[/quote]

I don't understand. You didn't get the full trade in value ($20 for each game) because of lack of manual/case? They never questioned it at all. Although, come to think of it, I think I gave them one of my generic dvd cases that I brought gears in. Damn. Oh well.

[quote name='LuisRM']I don't understand. You didn't get the full trade in value ($20 for each game) because of lack of manual/case? They never questioned it at all. Although, come to think of it, I think I gave them one of my generic dvd cases that I brought gears in. Damn. Oh well.[/quote]

I asked the sales rep yesterday about that and he told me as long as the game is there, they didn't care.

Traded Bully and Metroid for Animal Crossing. Hoping to find another cheap buy at Blockbuster to get Fallout 3.

[quote name='LuisRM']I don't understand. You didn't get the full trade in value ($20 for each game) because of lack of manual/case? They never questioned it at all. Although, come to think of it, I think I gave them one of my generic dvd cases that I brought gears in. Damn. Oh well.[/quote]

He didn't get full TIV because the system wouldn't let it work on a preorder.

I got bitched around before the guy even knew what I was there for.

I swear, this guy hates me so much, I wish I had like 50 old sports games to just trade on him just to watch him be pissed off, because he hates all of the times hes seen me come in with HWV flips and other trades in general.

Picked up the Indy/Panda 2 pack yesterday and traded it in today separately towards Guitar Hero, and picked up my Left 4 Dead preorder.

He required my ID, after knowing that you no longer need your ID on store credit trades, as the info is already in the system. I then had to sign the receipt and the damn pad.

He then tried to dick me around saying the Rock Band Track Pack was delayed til the 10th, which is complete BS, but then I got him to tell me UPS wasn't there yet, yet there was a broken box behind him (plus I fucking work at UPS, I think I know how shit works).

Sorry to make this sound like a rant, but I'm also a former GameStop manager from that particular store, so they think they can harass me and shit, and I can't really file a formal complaint since the District Manager was the one who fired me.

I only go to GameStop to abuse promos, I'm a Play N Trade shopper.

[quote name='nuttyturnip']I wonder how many idiots will trade in Wii Fit + Balance Board for this deal.[/quote]

QFT.

Say you bought two games new, then beat them. If you were just selling them back to the store, why did you buy them? Why not just rent them? Say you spent $50 on each game, which is a low estimation for the cost of games these days. You spent $100 for two games you want to trade in for one $50-$60 game, and you will still have to pay $10-$20. Or, for some reason, you have two Balance Boards. Even if you had two $20 games and traded those in, you would still have to pay $20, making the total $60 anyway. Lame. The only way this would be profitable is if you somehow bought Carnival Games for Wii at wholesale for $5 apiece. Even buying two games for $15 isn't going to be too much of a steal, because you still have to pay for gas to get to these different places. What's your time worth?

But as long as some people are willing to spend $120 for one game, GS will continue giving us the finger.

I think I'm going to do this one more time because the preorder price for Sonic Unleashed for the 360 is showing as 49.99. It'll be the same deal as the Amazon one (except for the Amazon one, 10 dollars of the savings was in the form of a voucher). I wonder if they'll let me return a game with a gift receipt and apply the amount to a preorder.

[quote name='Blade']QFT.

Say you bought two games new, then beat them. If you were just selling them back to the store, why did you buy them? Why not just rent them? Say you spent $50 on each game, which is a low estimation for the cost of games these days. You spent $100 for two games you want to trade in for one $50-$60 game, and you will still have to pay $10-$20. Or, for some reason, you have two Balance Boards. Even if you had two $20 games and traded those in, you would still have to pay $20, making the total $60 anyway. Lame. The only way this would be profitable is if you somehow bought Carnival Games for Wii at wholesale for $5 apiece. Even buying two games for $15 isn't going to be too much of a steal, because you still have to pay for gas to get to these different places. What's your time worth?

But as long as some people are willing to spend $120 for one game, GS will continue giving us the finger.[/quote]

First of all, I seriously doubt that anyone actually does this deal with Wii Fit + Balance Board, and certainly nobody here.

Secondly, yes, for a great majority of the games on the list, this is not a good deal. I don't think anyone questions that. If someone has some games that are on the list that do not trade or sell for much, though, this can be a decent deal. If someone has a lot of GS (or possibly BBV) credit, and they either want to get some of the latest new games or convert it to cash without losing much, this can be a good deal. I can get both Orange Box and LSW for $27.50 total GS credit including tax (9.25% here). Add $20 GS credit (give or take, I will get charged tax on the $60, but I will get 10% bonus on the base TIV of the 2 games), and I get a brand new game for ~$50 in GS credit. If it were for me, then I'd rather get it used for ~$41 in GS credit, but if I sell it, I can recoup about $40-$45 in cash, after fees.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for the deal to be better, or to be able to trade in some even cheaper games, but if done right, it can be decent. I just don't understand why people bother coming into a thread to bash a deal when they don't even acknowledge the advantages that have already been stated.

Question for yall.... just picked up the xbox 360 kung-fu panda & lego indiana jones bundle.... thinking about getting Fable 2 or GOW 2 ... is that a good deal? I have never sold my games on line before and the 2 mentioned come in one case, so i figure its my only option...

*side note* what does YMMV mean? and is there a list somewhere that defines all abbreviations used on this site lol?

[quote name='francostein']Question for yall.... just picked up the xbox 360 kung-fu panda & lego indiana jones bundle.... thinking about getting Fable 2 or GOW 2 ... is that a good deal? I have never sold my games on line before and the 2 mentioned come in one case, so i figure its my only option...

*side note* what does YMMV mean? and is there a list somewhere that defines all abbreviations used on this site lol?[/quote]

YMMV = Your mileage may vary. In other words, you may not have the same luck in getting something to work or getting the same price on something that someone else had.

List of terms

[quote name='francostein']Question for yall.... just picked up the xbox 360 kung-fu panda & lego indiana jones bundle.... thinking about getting Fable 2 or GOW 2 ... is that a good deal? I have never sold my games on line before and the 2 mentioned come in one case, so i figure its my only option...[/quote]

I helped my girlfriend trade her panda/indy bundle for Wario Land. The first time I tried, I didn't even have it opened and they said they couldn't take it unopened, and would only count it as one anyway. So what I ended up doing was opening it up, cutting the cover insert in half, and sticking kung fu panda in a DVD case. That had no problem being accepted, although I took it to a different store, so who knows how people will restrict you.

Just got back from trading Gears 1 and Paper Mario for Gears 2.

GS dude told me mixing and matching systems wouldn't work, he wasn't being a dick, he was happy to try it and seemed genuinely surprised when it worked.

Just a heads up incase anyone else gets the same hassle.

Hm, that's annoying.

I thought I was going to get credit + the game for $10. Not have to trade both just for the ability to buy it for $10. Oh well. I still did it because I got back from a major Hollywood Video haul and I didn't mind that much. No eBay hassle.

Orange Box for 360 still works.

Also, the $5 discount on Left for Dead does not. It's still $20 to trade-up to it with 2 other titles.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I helped my girlfriend trade her panda/indy bundle for Wario Land. The first time I tried, I didn't even have it opened and they said they couldn't take it unopened, and would only count it as one anyway. So what I ended up doing was opening it up, cutting the cover insert in half, and sticking kung fu panda in a DVD case. That had no problem being accepted, although I took it to a different store, so who knows how people will restrict you.[/quote]

thanks for the heads up...

Traded

The Orange Box
LEGO STAR WARS: The Complete Saga
Too Human
Eternal Sonata
Pure
Viva Piniata: Trouble in Paradise

For

Left 4 Dead
Gears of War 2
COD 5

The best GS flips I found were the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (Wii & 360) or Half Life 2 Orange Box (360). Also, from BBV, I did get Bully SE through on the deal, which was nice since I had credit to pay for the flip. I was able to buy and flip those for 4 games yesterday, but I was stifled by the Cellfire coupon not working. It ended up being about $30-32 to buy the games, and then $8 for the game due to the Edge Card discount, so the new games for $40 (Wii titles). I was hoping for a better deal, but right now $40 for a new title is a pretty good deal on the Wii.

I apologize if this has been answered, but can 2 of the same titles be traded in? For example trading in 2 copies of Madden 09 for Xbox 360?

Also 2nd question, if I trade in 2 Xbox 360 games, can I get the $19.99 game for the PS3?

Thanks in advance.

bread's done
Back