Gamestop trade 2 wii games get $30 off select titles, 2 ds games get $20 off select

stone1061

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
002-1.jpg

001.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/stone1061/001.jpg

I plan on getting a few of these games for the wife and kids, so it's my own little perfect storm.

Trade 2 wii games with tiv of $3.01 or more, get $30 off select titles including Wii Fit, Wii Music, RRR Tv party, Skate it, Fitness coach, Cooking Mama world kitchen, r u smarter..., cheer squad, DDR hot party2, Jillian Micheals, Skate City Heroes.
You also get a magazine to some womans magazines with purchase of any of these titles.

Trade two ds games more than $2.01 get $20 off most Imagine ... Games, My language games, a few more learning and educational games.

Way better than the trade 3 get $10 if you want some of these games.
I'll be looking for some cheap wii games left at BB since the wife and daughters want some new stuff to use with the wii balance board.

The manager at the store had the sign up but had no idea what the big "Save $30/Save $20" applied towards. He had to get out the promo book to see.

[highlight]Added by Io[/highlight] - Since I was trying to figure out whether any of these games are good or not, I looked up reviews on a lot of them. That would probably be useful info here so, with the better ones (70 average or better - I rounded up the 69 ones) bolded:

:ds:
Brain Age and Brain Age 2 - everyone knows these, no need for reviews ;)
Brain Quest Grades 3 & 4 - 64 average on 3 reviews at Metacritic
Brain Quest Grades 5 & 6 - 64 average on 3 reviews at Metacritic
Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends - 70 average on 39 reviews at Metacritic
Crosswords DS - 69 average on 14 reviews at Metacritic
Ener-G: Dance Squad - 66 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Ener-G: Gym Rockets - 70 from IGN (only review found)
Ener-G: Horse Riders - 45 from IGN (only review found)
Flash Focus - 59 average on 22 reviews at Metacritic
Gourmet Chef: Cook Your Way to Fame - 70 from IGN (only review found)
Guinness World Records: The Videogame - 70 average on 4 reviews at Metacritic
Imagine Animal Doctor - 65 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Fashion Designer - 30 from IGN (get My Fashion Studio instead!)
Imagine Interior Designer - 68 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Teacher - 75 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Wedding Designer - 25 from IGN (only review found)
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir - 69 average on 16 reviews at Metacritic
My Fashion Studio - 65 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic (70 from IGN)
My Fun Facts Coach - 51 from IGN (only review found)
My Chinese/English/French/Japanese/Spanish Coach - sparse reviews, consider if you are interested in said languages ;).
My SAT Coach - 65 from IGN (only review found)
My Weight Loss Coach - 63 average on 4 reviews at Metacritic
Personal Trainer Cooking - 81 average on 10 reviews at Metacritic
Personal Trainer Math - not listed on Metacritic, 65 average on 12 reviews from Gamerankings
Quick Yoga Training - 25 from IGN (only review found)
Touchmaster 2 - 77 average on 6 reviews at Metacritic

:wii:
All Star Cheer Squad - 64 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? - 38 from IGN (only review found)
Cooking Mama World Kitchen - 63 average on 8 reviews at Metacritic
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2 - 67 average on 6 reviews at Metacritic
My Fitness Coach - NO reviews anywhere!
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - 72 average on 21 reviews at Metacritic (I rented this - if you liked the others then you will like this too - it is very short in single-player though).
Skate City Heroes - 61 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Skate It - 72 average on 31 reviews at Metacritic
Wii Music - eh, figure this one out for yourself ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilboo']I have a $20 GS giftcard... :whistle2:k
Might have to try and get Hottest Party 2...it IS the bundle, right? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

I don't know but there's really no big deal (in terms of the promo) if it is or not - you just get $30 off of it for trading the 2 Wii games. So what I mean is it's not like you are just getting it for $20 or something (thus making the bundle version more of a deal than it is otherwise). Now you may WANT the bundle and if that is not what they are including, well, then sorry ;). Though you could use the promo to get the game-only version, then return that for credit and get the bundle! (And theoretically you could do this to get any other game you want with the trade-in boost provided from this deal though it would take some nerve to pull it off).

I am slightly worried that it was programmed incorrectly and it will soon be just a straight-up $20/$30 for each pair of games with the trade-in value not added on top. That may still be worth it in some cases, but not worth going through a lot of trouble for.

There is no game-only version of Hottest Party 2, which is pretty damn annoying, but there you go. It's not clear if there ever will be. Anyway, given that, it is the bundle, because that is the only version there is!

If we get the trade-in value AND the + $30, then WOW! Has anyone else actually been able to get this deal and get the trade-in value of the games too?

[quote name='crunchewy']There is no game-only version of Hottest Party 2, which is pretty damn annoying, but there you go. It's not clear if there ever will be. Anyway, given that, it is the bundle, because that is the only version there is!

If we get the trade-in value AND the + $30, then WOW! Has anyone else actually been able to get this deal and get the trade-in value of the games too?[/quote]
Yesterday I bought 3 WII games and 1 DS game using this promo at 3 different Gamestops.

At every one, if you trade in two WII games and purchase a qualifying game on the same receipt it automatically rang up when they pressed F12 (or whatever key they press to add promos).

For a $4.00 game, the price gets bumped to $4.40 with EDGE and then to $19.40 (Assuming its a WII game). None required an override and at the last Gamestop I went to the salesperson was quite surprised by it.

So yes, Edge stacks and the trade in value.

If it doesn't work automatically for someone it probably means the game they are buying isn't a qualifying game or a game they are trading isn't qualifying. Remember they must be $3.01 or higher ($2.01 for DS).

At one Gamestop I went to they had a shelf with only the games for that promo. The colors are a light green and other light colors and matched exactly the colors of the sign that rotates on the ceiling.

The games I bought were My Chinese Tutor (DS), Wii Fit (X2), Wii Music.

[quote name='theeipi']
If it doesn't work automatically for someone it probably means the game they are buying isn't a qualifying game or a game they are trading isn't qualifying. Remember they must be $3.01 or higher ($2.01 for DS).[/QUOTE]

Both of my games had a $5 trade in value and it didn't work automatically. And the CSR who did it has been there a long time and is usually good (and good to me) with this kind of stuff. But he couldn't get it to work and, in this case, went with the rule that it would bump the trade in value TO $15 instead of adding it to it.

I still have a suspicion that it isn't working automatically with RRR TV. Has anyone gotten it to work automatically with that title?

It looks like 2 people have gotten this promo to work, but one person wasn't as fortunate. It'll be interesting to see if others have success in getting the trade bonus plus TIV plus Edge bonus. I have 2 DS games that I want to trade in, but I don't want to trade them in for the extra $20 credit if i can't get that credit back...

Anyone NOT getting the TIV of the games in addition to the $30 off should raise hell. Look at the flyer. It says "Save $30 when you trade in 2 Wii games". Trading in the two Wii games merely reduces the price of the qualifying game. In no way does it nullify the value of the games you're trading in.

To me, this might as well be a $30 price drop, but with qualifiers to be able to get that price. However, it wouldn't surprise me if Gamestop switches to the bump to $15 strategy AFTER they see the "CAG Effect" and realize that most people are trading in $4-5 games. But the wording on the flyer clearly indicates otherwise.

Yeah, it worked fine for me last night. Traded in Pool Party for a base of 5.00 along with Sega Superstar Tennis with a base of 5.00. Got the extra 1.00 from Edge and 30 from the promo. Total of 41.00 applied towards a 19.99 game (Skate City)

With regards to the scans in the initial post, where did they come from? They aren't part of the weekly ad. Are they posters or handouts in the stores?

[quote name='awp']
I still have a suspicion that it isn't working automatically with RRR TV. Has anyone gotten it to work automatically with that title?[/quote]
I got RRR TV with this on Tuesday night.

[quote name='RCS0926']With regards to the scans in the initial post, where did they come from? They aren't part of the weekly ad. Are they posters or handouts in the stores?[/quote]
I got the flyer instore on Monday night.

Going to hit 3 gamestop on my way to work to get 3 more games.

[quote name='RCS0926']It looks like 2 people have gotten this promo to work, but one person wasn't as fortunate. It'll be interesting to see if others have success in getting the trade bonus plus TIV plus Edge bonus. I have 2 DS games that I want to trade in, but I don't want to trade them in for the extra $20 credit if i can't get that credit back...[/QUOTE]

Just did it battle of the band, and Samba... Got are you smarter (w gift receipt) and $11.xx on the edge card.. The guys were excited and I have a feeling they will be taking advantage of the deal themselves.

So TIV + $30 + EDGE for me.

I just picked up Hottest Party 2 with this deal. Thank you OP!! Moreover, first stopped at BBV, opened up a trade account and traded in my Kmart copy of Cranium Cabooki for $16 credit there, used that to buy two Wii games, Pool Party and Sega Superstars Tennis for $9.99 (b1g1) + tax, then went to GS and got this deal:

Pool Party -20.50
base -5.00
edge -0.50
bonus -15.00

Sega Superstars Tennis -20.50
base -5.00
edge -0.50
bonus -15.00

Trade Total: -41.00

After 6% tax (which, I note, was done on the original 69.99 price), it was $33.19. Actually, had I been patient and waited to buy it until tonight at my local GS, I could have saved myself 1% worth of tax - I didn't realize I was in DC limits. Oh well. I definitely can't complain. Thanks again OP!

I may have to repeat this for Skate City - you actually get the game and GS credit? It would end up about $20 credit, right? What a crazy deal! Anyone know the trade-in value for Skate City at BBV? :)

[quote name='crunchewy']Anyone know the trade-in value for Skate City at BBV? :)[/quote]

I'm actually wondering the TiV for Skate City Heroes at GS.

Snake, keep us posted on the gift receipt return! Luckily I bought one of the qualifying 39.99 games for my niece at christmas so I can re-buy that game with the promo and then return it with my christmas receipt. I plan on trying the gift receipt route for another game or two though.

Just adding to the confirmation of TIV(+edge)+$30. Did it at two locations (Sunnyvale + Great Mall).

Picked up RR TV party and Are you smarter...for about $2 in extra GS credit I had.

Traded Table Tennis ($8 base), Spyro ($5 base), Ninja Reflex ($5 base -0.75 no case fee) and Meet the Robinsons ($5 base, no case/no fees) for a total of $$85.30 in credit for about $22 in cash (BBV B1G1 deals). Not bad, almost 4:1 flip....or is it 1:4 flip?

Please remember (as bob330i just did - thanks!) to post your TIVs (base values only) over in the other GS deal thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209897

Please do this even if they are repeats or you didn't use the $10 deal (and used this one instead). That thread has the master TIV list and jp0213 will get the prices in the OP (or update the dates if they are repeats) regardless.

GS Base TiVs 1/7:

Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (Wii) - $4.00
MLB 2K8 (Wii) - $8.00
Naruto Path of the Ninja (DS) - $3.00
AMF Bowling Pinbusters (DS) - $4.00

Wow. This deal is great. I traded in:

Super Mario 64 DS - $10 base TIV
Word Jong (DS) - $5 base TIV

With the promo + Edge, the TIVs came out to $21 and $15.50, respectively. I picked up Mistery Case Files and had $15.06 left in store credit. I'll be returning the game tomorrow at another store with a gift receipt, so I have the full $36.50 credit on my Edge card. Not bad at all...

i just did 2 transactions for skate city heroes and ski and shoot. ski and shoot wouldn't apply the promo so they had to manually adjust my trade in to add the extra $15 to each game. he ended up bumping it to $20 each game, but edge kicked in and made each trade in $22. i got gift receipts for each game, so if returning them for a full refund is as easy as i think it will be, then this promo is a gold mine.

This promo is ridiculous. I'm in awe at the after-promo values of these games. Gamestop is crazy.

Williams Pinball Hall of Fame (Wii)
Base: $6
Edge: $0.60
Promo: $15
total: $21.60

Rockstar Table Tennis (Wii)
Base: $8
Edge: $0.80
total: $23.80

Separate transaction at another store:

Fantastic Four: RotSS (Wii)
Base: $5
Edge: $0.50
total: $20.50

Alone in the Dark (Wii)
Base: $5
Edge: $0.50
total: $20.50

So, between both transactions, my total TIV was $86.40. Granted, I now have a copy of Skate City Heroes and a copy of Wii Music that I don't want, but I'm going to try to return them later on. When I bought Skate CH, I got $20 back on my Edge card; when I bought Wii Music I had to pay a $4.59 difference.

Gamestop is out of their minds.

[quote name='bgame2']Snake, keep us posted on the gift receipt return! Luckily I bought one of the qualifying 39.99 games for my niece at christmas so I can re-buy that game with the promo and then return it with my christmas receipt. I plan on trying the gift receipt route for another game or two though.[/QUOTE]

I will I went in for Myfitness and they were out... once they found the flyer I subbed for "are you smarter than a 5th Grader" and they suggested the gift receipt... so why not?

[quote name='mkernan']Gamestop is out of their minds.[/quote]

What is truly ridiculous and makes it feel like something is just wrong about this promo is the fact that for many of these games, GS is paying OVER retail of what you could get the game BRAND NEW. Take your Williams Pinball for example. Amazon sells it new for $19.99 and my local Wal-Mart currently has it for $14.96.

There is NO WAY GS could think they're going to make money on these trade ins. This just seems like a way to boost sales on a bunch of games that are drastically underachieving. But WII FIT??? As of 3 PM EST, it was sold out at both of my local GS stores. I'm not complaining, but unless the individual game companies (Nintendo, Ubisoft, EA, etc.) are covering the losses for this promo, somebody should lose their job.

EDIT - I should also note that the employees had no clue about the free magazine subscription that's supposed to come with these games (even though there was a giant ad for it directly in front of the counter...:roll:). I thought I could get my wife a free year of Cosmo, but apparently not. I thought there was supposed to be a magazine card, but all they did was give me the promotion card that says "see store associate for magazine and refund details" Anyone know how this works?

I picked up RRR TV today and it worked fine. I used both promotions on the same receipt and it all worked without intervention. I plan on returning the DS game for credit :)

I also just picked up another 8 wii games, so buy/return in my future. I do plan on preordering with my ill gotten gains as I do like to spread the karma around.

I just did a gift receipt return for Wii Music. They put the full value back on my Edge card with no problems. I also did another trade in for Cooking Mama during the visit.

Make sure to keep an eye on the screen to see your trade in values. When I picked up Wii Music the other day, I tried trading 4 Wii titles for 2 new games on the list. I noticed the associate type something in on the computer. He intentionally removed the bonus on one pair of games I was trading in. I caught him on this and I asked why I wasn't getting the promo for both pairs. He made some sorry excuse about it not working on the same transaction. From what I read, this doesn't seem to be true. Unless he was right, that was a very shady move, as he also refused to do it on another transaction

So this deal requires a TIV of $3.01 before bonuses for games to qualify? I am definately going to go out tomorrow and do this.

edit: thanks for the info on the gift receipt working!

I tried to pick up a Wii Fit today, but the promo wasn't in the store's system yet. In fact, they still had all the old promos that expired a few days ago ($5 bonus for Wii games, 10/20/30% tiered trade). Maybe I'll just find one at another store, or wait a few days until it will hopefully be in the system. I did get My Japanese Coach at another store and it worked perfectly though!

When i first heard about this the manager said this goes until Feb 8th.

Tonight on my way to work.
GS 1: Samba de Amigo/Alien Syndrome for All Star Cheer Squad and $2.11 refund.
GS 2: Narnia Caspian/Okami for Cooking Mama World Kitchen cost $4.91
GS 3: Ninga Reflex/FFROTSS for My Fitness Coach refund of $11.01

Will do a DS run tomorrow. Checked on some Trade in Values of games that were available at Blockbuster during sale.
DS Alvin and the Chipmunks $6
DS RAtatouili $5
DS FLASH FOCUS $2.50(YES!!!)
Along with Assasins creed I'll get 2 new DS games.
I'll let my 4 year old pick one between Gymnastics and Horseback rider.
Have to see what I might want, maybe the Personal Trainer cooking.

Anyone got this to work in the Chicago area. The gamestop near me did not know about this promo yet.

here's how I am maximizing the Wii portion of the deal. Trade in any 2 Wii games (mine are coming from BBV), buy Skate City Heroes. Since you're paying $20 for Skate City Heroes, you're getting $10 just from the bonus, plus the value of the TIV of the 2 Wii games, plus the Edge 10%. I currently have 4 copies of Skate City Heroes. I think I can just return them to Gamestop for credit, or exchange for other things in store, which'll either be a Resident Evil themed gun ($20) or trade fodder for BBV (Monster Jam, Legendary, Smash Court Tennis 3). The way it shows Skate City Heroes on the receipt, is that I purchased it for $20. It should fall under the new game return policy. Same principle can be applied to DS games.

Automatically worked at two Gamestops today. Will return both items later in the week.

$30 -> $87 in pretty much one trip. Not bad, considering that I'd already destroyed most of the Wii sections at my local Blockbusters.

I went to one of my local gamestops today and they didn't see like they knew about the promo. When I asked about it, they thought I was still talking about the "get $5 for each Wii game trade in". It's been a long time since I traded games into gamestop, so apparently I can't trade my games in after 7pm. So, I'm going to go back tomorrow and see if different workers are there who might know about the promo.

If all goes well, I plan on trading in:

360:
Bully - 2x
GTAIV
Dirt

Wii:
Table Tennis
Ninja Reflex

Hopefully, if all goes well (and I did my math well), that should net me around $65 + Skate it, which I should be able to return later.

[quote name='Puffoluf$$$us']I went to one of my local gamestops today and they didn't see like they knew about the promo. When I asked about it, they thought I was still talking about the "get $5 for each Wii game trade in". It's been a long time since I traded games into gamestop, so apparently I can't trade my games in after 7pm. So, I'm going to go back tomorrow and see if different workers are there who might know about the promo.[/quote]

That's simply plain laziness on those employees. They only told you that because they didn't want to sit, guy, organize, and shelve new trade ins... so cutting it off at 7pm ensures that they don't have to stay after closing to clean games up.

And go through the transaction anyway. Trade in the two games and buy the eligible game on the same transaction. The computer will take care of the rest, ignorant employee or not.

Was just at the Stevens Creek/San Tomas getting some original XBOX games when someone came in to do this deal with Table Tennis and Spyro. Wanted to say Hi, but didnt want to say bring up CAG.

Hi!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Anyone NOT getting the TIV of the games in addition to the $30 off should raise hell. Look at the flyer. It says "Save $30 when you trade in 2 Wii games". Trading in the two Wii games merely reduces the price of the qualifying game. In no way does it nullify the value of the games you're trading in.

To me, this might as well be a $30 price drop, but with qualifiers to be able to get that price. However, it wouldn't surprise me if Gamestop switches to the bump to $15 strategy AFTER they see the "CAG Effect" and realize that most people are trading in $4-5 games. But the wording on the flyer clearly indicates otherwise.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I thought after looking at the wording of the ad again. Making this an amazing trade in deal. Best I've seen in a while. Years even.

Since I found this deal on Monday night my wife and kids have reaped the benefits of my hobby.
Already have gotten:
Rayman TV Party
All Star Cheersquad
Cooking Mama W.K.
My Fitness Coach
Are you smarter than a 5th grader(or a Gamestop Promo planner?)
All for the intial cost of $8

$8 copy of Wii sports sold on ebay for $40, which netted 2 copies of Quantum of Solace from Best buy for $32, which netted $72 of wii games from Blockbuster, which netted $200 in games from Gamestop.
All over the course of 3 days.

Now i need to see if I can get in on some more flips that I'll be able to take advantage of the return/exchange that most are looking to do with this promo.
Need to get some credit back to Blockbuster but even if they are picked dry, I would think there will be other oppurtunities to take advantage of this before it ends with games from other stores.

There is a lot of promotion for this in stores i've been to. Not so much the awesomeness of this for us, but how they are trying to get the soccer moms into Gamestop to shop, instead of just dropping the kids off at the door. I can't see them just ending the promotion, but should they reprogram it so it just bumps each games TIV up to $15 it would still be a killer deal with games from Blockbuster. But that well has pretty much run dry for most of us.

I took advantage of the deal again after work. I traded in Sega Superstar Tennis and Speed Racer for one of the $30 Wii games. I still had $8.48 after the trade-in and purchase because the two Wii games netted a total of $41 credit. Good stuff.

Can someone clarify the gift receipt trick? So if I trade in two copies of bully for $10 each and get the 30 bonus that equals 50. So if I buy wii music basically for free. Can I return wii music for full refund or do I get the $50 put as credit?

[quote name='speedrunner17']Can someone clarify the gift receipt trick? So if I trade in two copies of bully for $10 each and get the 30 bonus that equals 50. So if I buy wii music basically for free. Can I return wii music for full refund or do I get the $50 put as credit?[/quote]

bully trades in for $8 if im not mistaken. also, most gamestops will not let you trade in multiple copies of a game so you might have problems trying to trade in 2 copies of bully for this promo. to clarify anyway, you get the original trade in value for the 2 games you trade in and $30. all that gets applied to wii music and you pay the difference or get the extra credit put on your edge card. using the receipt or ask for a gift receipt and return it at a later date to get the full $50 either on your edge card, some might give you a giftcard or even cash. hope that helped.

Yea I traded in bully earlier and got 10 also traded in 2 fear files. The GS employees seemed pretty cool and they asked no questions. I'm a try and get away wit the multiple same game trade again. Thanks helped a lot! This deal is lookin like gold! So much stuff I wanna get, and it looks like I'm going to be able to achieve it.

i know bully for 360 gets 10, but for this promo they want 2 wii games so i was looking at the trade in value for wii games and the other thread is showing 8. unless it went up to 10 which is even better for us!

[quote name='speedrunner17']Yea I traded in bully earlier and got 10 also traded in 2 fear files. The GS employees seemed pretty cool and they asked no questions. I'm a try and get away wit the multiple same game trade again. Thanks helped a lot! This deal is lookin like gold! So much stuff I wanna get, and it looks like I'm going to be able to achieve it.[/quote]
Are you saying you traded in Fear Files (360) towards the Trade 2 Wii games promo?

I feel like I'm the only one using cash, not BBV credit to do this, lol. I have been trying to hold off on using cash, but this just seems like too amazing of a deal to pass on. I think I'm going to print out the TIV list & have my gf look up games that I find while on the phone because I have the hardest time remembering what are good flips. And that'll help my story about a friend across town who I'm checking for if that manager says anything to me, as she's looked a little suspicious the last 3 times I've been there. Could be because those 3 times were in the last 4 days or so, I was the only customer in the store at those times, and I didn't buy anything. lol.

Just want to clarify, you just need to trade 2 wii games and purchase one of the titles in the same transaction to have this promo work?

bread's done
Back