Gamestop Trade in Promo- Trade any PS3 (12GB) or Xbox 360 (4GB or original) and get $100 toward the purchase of a new PS4. Trade any PS3 (20GB or High

WOAH?! Only $30? That's really good! The gamestop workers at my gamestop are kind of jerks tho. I bet they wouldn't only take $30 off of it, haha.
$30 is the base defective console charge for trade-ins, it will always be $30. Unless the system is missing cables or controller, which they'd charge you for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for double post

anyone know how much I would get for a xbox 360 console (arcade) without any cables/power supply/controllers?
You will not be able to trade the console in with JUST the system; they'll charge you for cables/power supply/controller in order to do the trade.

Assuming the console works (No refurb fee)

$100(toward a ps4) - AV cable($15) - PSU($25) - Controller($35)

Only $25 and that's only if you trade it towards ps4.

Experience Traders pleae help me out here.

I plan on doing this, this week so i can get myself a Wii U.

FIRST DAY

1st trip: Trade in a PS3, get $150. Pay off the rest of the PS4 with a Credit Card.

2nd Trip: Trade in a PS3, get $150. Pay off the rest of the PS4 with a Credit Card.

3rd Trip: Trade in XBOX 360, get $100, pay off the rest of the PS4 with credit card.

Will I get caught for doing this? I don't have a gamestop card or anything, or have I ever traded into Gamestop.

Second Day

Return the PS4s to 3 different locations from the first day. Someboyd told me I will get all of the money refunded back to my credit card. Is this true? So the $150 + the Rest of the money that I paid off the PS4 with.

On Saturday or sometime

Trade in a WII for the $50 towards a New Wii U promo.

Get my Wii U.

I have tons of gamestop locations near me at least 10+. So would I get in trouble for doing this?

Thank you.

FIRST DAY
1st trip: Trade in a PS3, get $150. Pay off the rest of the PS4 with a Credit Card.
2nd Trip: Trade in a PS3, get $150. Pay off the rest of the PS4 with a Credit Card.
3rd Trip: Trade in XBOX 360, get $100, pay off the rest of the PS4 with credit card.

Will I get caught for doing this? I don't have a gamestop card or anything, or have I ever traded into Gamestop.

Second Day
Return the PS4s to 3 different locations from the first day. Someboyd told me I will get all of the money refunded back to my credit card. Is this true? So the $150 + the Rest of the money that I paid off the PS4 with.

On Saturday or sometime
Get my Wii U.

I have tons of gamestop locations near me at least 10+. So would I get in trouble for doing this?
Thank you.
This sounds like a lot more time and energy than it would be worth.

FIRST DAY

Second Day

On Saturday or sometime

Get my Wii U.

Thank you.
You're better-off just doing them all to Destiny bundle pre-orders, then canceling them. It avoids using your own money in any way. I'd maybe even try being up-front with one store (if you have a backup store around), and ask something like this:

"I have multiple consoles I'd like to trade in, and I want to get the Destiny bundle PS4. Would you be able to let me do two separate trades towards 2 Destiny bundles, cancel one, then transfer its credit to the other pre-order?" If you're honest and polite, you MIGHT catch the right employee to let you do it. If you actually WANT the bundle, that'd be sweet. Otherwise, go in a day that guy isn't working, then cancel the pre-order. Then worry about the third.

You're better-off just doing them all to Destiny bundle pre-orders, then canceling them. It avoids using your own money in any way. I'd maybe even try being up-front with one store (if you have a backup store around), and ask something like this:

"I have multiple consoles I'd like to trade in, and I want to get the Destiny bundle PS4. Would you be able to let me do two separate trades towards 2 Destiny bundles, cancel one, then transfer its credit to the other pre-order?" If you're honest and polite, you MIGHT catch the right employee to let you do it. If you actually WANT the bundle, that'd be sweet. Otherwise, go in a day that guy isn't working, then cancel the pre-order. Then worry about the third.
Think this would really work?

FIRST DAY

Second Day

On Saturday or sometime
Get my Wii U.

Thank you.
You can call and see if they will take several or different consoles together. You might be able to get the trade in value for one ps3 and the xbox in one transaction maybe.

Think this would really work?
People have successfully been doing a pre-order trade than canceling. You could technically do it as well, just multiple times, but it might raise flags of red. Instead, it's worth ASKING if the guy would let you do it. The worst he can do is tell you no. If he does, just put one console on the pre-order, then go elsewhere for the other (if you can't, come back on another day), then cancel the pre-order(s) at a later date.

Buying and returning 3 consoles in a 3-day period is going to get you some dirty looks, especially if the employee who gave you the credit bonus recognizes you.

So if I take advantage of this offer and trade in my Xbox 360 elite towards a PS4 I would get $100 credit. If I buy the PS4 and take it to another gamestop to return it do I the extra I payed back on my card and the $100 in store credit. I would like to trade in one of my 360s towards a PS4 but don't have the money to pay it off right now. I was just wondering if anyone has done this? Is it YYMV or pretty standard?

FIRST DAY

Second Day

On Saturday or sometime

Get my Wii U.

Thank you.
Your plan sounds like conspiracy to commit fraud. Although I have a hard time believing they would credit your credit card for amounts you did not pay in the 1st place (i.e. the full promo values of the trade-in). Most likely you get credited back only for what you paid on credit card, and you get "store credit" for your trade-in values. Which makes it not really "fraud" anymore, but they might ban you if they are tracking this info... and yeah maybe they could report it to the police if there is a guy trading in and returning lots of consoles (as that would be suspicious). No idea what triggers that for them, but if I were running business the same guy trading 3 consoles, and then also returning 3 consoles within a few days would no longer be a customer of mine!!!.

You may or may not "get in trouble", but ask yourself is it really worth all this effort for such a lowly sum of money? (i.e. just a few hundred bucks).

You can call and see if they will take several or different consoles together. You might be able to get the trade in value for one ps3 and the xbox in one transaction maybe.
That would be the way to do it IMO. If the policy says they can't do it, then going around their rules with some convoluted plan is basically fraud. But maybe they allow it, and you can handle it all at the same location rather than driving all over down buying and returning - anything that involves buying and then returning should always be frowned upon. Losers activity IMO.

So if I take advantage of this offer and trade in my Xbox 360 elite towards a PS4 I would get $100 credit. If I buy the PS4 and take it to another gamestop to return it do I the extra I payed back on my card and the $100 in store credit. I would like to trade in one of my 360s towards a PS4 but don't have the money to pay it off right now. I was just wondering if anyone has done this? Is it YYMV or pretty standard?
You might be able to without issue, but like I (and others before me) have stated, just put it towards a Destiny bundle, then cancel the pre-order some time later. No cash involved.

If I could get $150 for a 360 and find some way to get an MK8 bundle, I might consider this after seeing E3...but I gotta ask myself, is it really worth trying the wii u a third time for MK8, devil's third, and maybe a few others? SSB is moot as I've got a 3DS.

Plus, my cat has chewed up at least 5 wii sensor bars. Doesn't chew on anything else but those when it comes to wires. Can't explain it other than cats are weirdz

People have successfully been doing a pre-order trade than canceling. You could technically do it as well, just multiple times, but it might raise flags of red. Instead, it's worth ASKING if the guy would let you do it. The worst he can do is tell you no. If he does, just put one console on the pre-order, then go elsewhere for the other (if you can't, come back on another day), then cancel the pre-order(s) at a later date.

Buying and returning 3 consoles in a 3-day period is going to get you some dirty looks, especially if the employee who gave you the credit bonus recognizes you.
That's for sure. I just wanted to try to use 2 consoles to get PS4 cheaper, Since they won't let you do 2 in 1 transaction and get $300 toward a PS4

That would be the way to do it IMO. If the policy says they can't do it, then going around their rules with some convoluted plan is basically fraud. But maybe they allow it, and you can handle it all at the same location rather than driving all over down buying and returning - anything that involves buying and then returning should always be frowned upon. Losers activity IMO.
Yeah not worth ripping off the store like that. Plus it could put a red flag on your credit card too. They told me they won't do multiple consoles on 1 transaction.

I just traded in a PS3 a few days ago and accidentally brought in an hdmi instead of a/v and they wouldn't take it. Definitely YMMV but I believe they aren't supposed to take it with hdmi.
No your GS's staff is incompetent. Policy change last fall was to take any console with an HDMI cord if the regular AV wasn't available.

Yeah not worth ripping off the store like that. Plus it could put a red flag on your credit card too. They told me they won't do multiple consoles on 1 transaction.
Of course, if you're smart, you pay cash. Without ctOS to put his face into the system, he should be fine, haha.

Ok so I just trade in my 360 a kinect and a wired controller (on top of the wireless with the 360). I got $145.89 in credit that I put towards the white destiny PS4 bundle. The manager at my gamestop said I had to pay off the full amount to qualify for the trade promotion. I ended up putting $303.53 on my credit card and a $30 GC I had. So now if I go when that manager is not working to cancel the pre-order I should get $175.89 on a GC and 303.53 back on my credit card right? 

Well, it's more to say that they have no way to ID you as a frequent flier of flips beyond store employees who recognize you, if you're not using a PUR account or a credit card.

I should have been more specific. Just in case this changes the answer. Can I get the $150 for each of the PS3s (120GB and 160GB) on one trade in for a PS4?
Likely YMMV. I know of 2 stores that told people I know only 1 per PS4. If you wanna trade 2 try putting one on the destiny bundle and then canceling.

Ok so I just trade in my 360 a kinect and a wired controller (on top of the wireless with the 360). I got $145.89 in credit that I put towards the white destiny PS4 bundle. The manager at my gamestop said I had to pay off the full amount to qualify for the trade promotion. I ended up putting $303.53 on my credit card and a $30 GC I had. So now if I go when that manager is not working to cancel the pre-order I should get $175.89 on a GC and 303.53 back on my credit card right?
This was incorrect. Console preorders require just a minimum of $100 so you had enough trade that was all you should of had to do, not pay it off in full.

Really tempted. I wish it was Best Buy, have gift cards, and towards a Xbox One though. Sunset Overdrive is the only upcoming game I am interested in that I can't get on PC. Well that and UFC, but I haven't tried the demo yet.

This was incorrect. Console preorders require just a minimum of $100 so you had enough trade that was all you should of had to do, not pay it off in full.
It's totally YMMV, a console preorder DOES only need $100 down, but the deal isn't even supposed to work on the preorder. You're "supposed" to trade it in and pay for the ps4 in the same transaction.

bread's done
Back