GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
You keep banging your head on the wall, but all that extra trade in credit isn't any different than the cash I received.
I once returned $100 on the spot because the lady gave me too much. I knew it, and since I'm not a lowlife piece of shit, I returned it. I have a good job and $100 isn't going to make my day and its not worth having someone get fired over it.

People like you get what comes to them in the end anyway so enjoy your $50.

If anyone is awake to tell me which emal address is the bestbuy giftcards sent to when I buy them on ebay. The one tied to the ebay account or the one for paypal.

No, 24 hours is max. I've had it take that long before, well maybe 20ish hours. Usually it's within an hour or two though.

ok i just got it and printed it out. Now to buy the other $500 worth. Hopefully they will show up by the time I wake up. Thanks for your help kotor.

Goddammit, it wont apply the last ebay giftcard i have.

Im trying to buy $500 worth but it wont let me do the last card for $100. All it says is "we can't apply this code to your account". wtf

So I spent about $100 of my $250 in trade credit, and have that last $150 to spend on flips to BB. While I was at one GS yesterday, I noticed something and had a question:

How good is Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn? I was planning to do the standard thing of getting 3 high-TiV games and flipping them to BB (basically $100 for $130). However, I could get the ridiculously priced Radiant Dawn for $63 with PURP, then two high-TiV games to flip to BB. That would mean basically getting Radiant Dawn for $26, and the store has a complete copy. Just wondering if it's a game worth doing this on, or if I should just stay the course and flip stuff for my new Xbox One.

So I spent about $100 of my $250 in trade credit, and have that last $150 to spend on flips to BB. While I was at one GS yesterday, I noticed something and had a question:

How good is Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn? I was planning to do the standard thing of getting 3 high-TiV games and flipping them to BB (basically $100 for $130). However, I could get the ridiculously priced Radiant Dawn for $63 with PURP, then two high-TiV games to flip to BB. That would mean basically getting Radiant Dawn for $26, and the store has a complete copy. Just wondering if it's a game worth doing this on, or if I should just stay the course and flip stuff for my new Xbox One.
Do you like Fire Emblem? It's not really anything that will change your mind but of you like Fire Emblem it's worth picking up. I can only see its value go up in the next few years. The GameCube one is at $100 now.

It's considered one of the worse fire emblem games. And if you want to play it, it's better if you play path of radiance first, which goes for $100 on eBay. That's what I heard anyway. That being said a bad fire emblem can still be good, and it's still a rare game so good for collectors.

It's considered one of the worse fire emblem games. And if you want to play it, it's better if you play path of radiance first, which goes for $100 on eBay. That's what I heard anyway. That being said a bad fire emblem can still be good, and it's still a rare game so good for collectors.
Hmmh, that's disappointing. I like the series, so I'd probably enjoy it. I play some of Path of Radiance on GC YEEEEEAARS ago (rented it when it was new), but like I remember what was going on. I guess I'll pass and see if they ever make it to the Virtual Console instead. I still don't get why the Wii U hasn't gotten any FE games.

Anyone who has worked retail can empathize with the employee you wronged. Management is always most uptight about the cash balance in the register. Retail is not a good job so why make it tougher on the employees? You're also insulting them after the fact even though you were unfairly enriched.
Working retail is almost a right of passage. I worked at a sporting goods store, and if over 20 dollars was missing from the till their policy was to issue a 'strike' to the cashier (i.e. if temp probably not getting hired, or reduced shifts) and review the tapes from the cashier's entire shift to see if/when the money was mistakenly given back to a customer.

Capitalizing on double trade values and boomerangs to Gamestop/Amazon don't directly impact a high school kid trying to make enough money for Christmas presents. C'mon now.

It costs nothing to be a decent human being.

You keep banging your head on the wall, but all that extra trade in credit isn't any different than the cash I received.
actually it is quite different. With that trade in credit at least he has to go back to the store to use it and they can make money. However you offset their cash amount in the drawer and someone is surely in trouble. People rarely get in trouble for a trade mistake like his unless it's a huge amount. Cash however is reported usually at anything over $1 and then actions are taken against the employee. You sir are trying to rationalize something you can't. You compare them to glitches? Those glitches can be canceled by said retailer (and lately they are) before they even reach us, but they don't, they choose to let us have them and honor them. Yeezus you are a little rat and please go back to hiding like one.

actually it is quite different. With that trade in credit at least he has to go back to the store to use it and they can make money. However you offset their cash amount in the drawer and someone is surely in trouble. People rarely get in trouble for a trade mistake like his unless it's a huge amount. Cash however is reported usually at anything over $1 and then actions are taken against the employee. You sir are trying to rationalize something you can't. You compare them to glitches? Those glitches can be canceled by said retailer (and lately they are) before they even reach us, but they don't, they choose to let us have them and honor them. Yeezus you are a little rat and please go back to hiding like one.
Since he traded in the same transaction, they would already have his info; wouldn't it be funny if he received a call next week about the extra change he received?

With that trade in credit at least he has to go back to the store to use it and they can make money. However you offset their cash amount in the drawer and someone is surely in trouble.
Maybe it doesn't have the same effect as cash at times, but you're still being a dishonest person if you get one game scanned 3 times and dont say anything.

So just so we're all clear.

It's morally okay to buy 100s of dollars worth of games for half off, from a Bestbuy glitch.

But if a human is involved at Gamestop, and mistakenly gives you the wrong change and you walk out, its not okay.

One is predetermined, the other is not.

Just read through the OP's FAQ's, but can you use gamestop trade-in credit to buy other gift cards in store (steam, amazon, ebay, etc.)?

Just traded in my PS4 and wanted to use either the trade credit on an amazon gift card, or ideally an ebay gift card (if they sell those in store).

Just read through the OP's FAQ's, but can you use gamestop trade-in credit to buy other gift cards in store (steam, amazon, ebay, etc.)?

Just traded in my PS4 and wanted to use either the trade credit on an amazon gift card, or ideally an ebay gift card (if they sell those in store).
Generally yes, but I think some people mentioned a few pages back having trouble doing so at their stores for some cards. I think the majority of us are still buying them without issue.

At the risk of sounding stupid I was wondering if there is any possible way to move my Wal-Mart trade credit over to Gamestop? I traded in 3 games at Wal-Mart for $50.77 because they had the best trade in deal for the games I was trading. I want to get Fallout 4 at midnight but my Walmart closes right at midnight so I feel like they won't sell it to me.

I just came back from game stop and someone bought a new/gutted game...the employee put the disc in the case and sealed it completely up. Why and when did they start doing that?

I just came back from game stop and someone bought a new/gutted game...the employee put the disc in the case and sealed it completely up. Why and when did they start doing that?
You mean with that clear circle thing? If that is, they've always done that for gutted games. As for actually sealing it like a Y-Fold seal, I have no idea.

At the risk of sounding stupid I was wondering if there is any possible way to move my Wal-Mart trade credit over to Gamestop? I traded in 3 games at Wal-Mart for $50.77 because they had the best trade in deal for the games I was trading. I want to get Fallout 4 at midnight but my Walmart closes right at midnight so I feel like they won't sell it to me.
Best way would try to by AMEX GC. But that has a fee associated with it, like $6. Other than that, you're going to have to find some credit movers to Best Buy or GS asap. Best Buy is doing a mid night for FO4 in case you didn't know. So it might be easier to move things there due to 50% bonus.

last time i went to this gs. this kid wanted the fire emblem 3ds . his dad bought him a new one, the gs associate find the fire emblem case from 3ds area and put the cart inside the case and sealed it with clear package.

I haven't been around in the Gamestop thread in some time.  I did a little searching through this thread and couldn't find it.  I was looking or a B-day coupon? Do they still send them outpost them on here?

I haven't been around in the Gamestop thread in some time. I did a little searching through this thread and couldn't find it. I was looking or a B-day coupon? Do they still send them outpost them on here?
There is no such thing as a birthday coupon - not in the old sense at least. They do send b'day coupons now but it is a unique one-time code. Glory days are over...

last time i went to this gs. this kid wanted the fire emblem 3ds . his dad bought him a new one, the gs associate find the fire emblem case from 3ds area and put the cart inside the case and sealed it with clear package.
I'd throw that at the fuck and tell him to eat shit.

I hope you bought something from that guy and can rail on that stuff in a survey.
That's what we are suppose to seal gutted copies of new games. We put the circle seal on it so if they want to return it, if the seal is still intact we can return it as new.

Filling out a survey will do nothing but get that an employee a good job from the DM lol.

Whenever I see a gutted copy I let them now all this and ask them if they want me to put the sticker on it or not because they could be giving the game as a gift or something. 9 times out of 10 the person doesnt care and doesnt want the seal.

That's what we are suppose to seal gutted copies of new games. We put the circle seal on it so if they want to return it, if the seal is still intact we can return it as new.

Filling out a survey will do nothing but get that an employee a good job from the DM lol.

Whenever I see a gutted copy I let them now all this and ask them if they want me to put the sticker on it or not because they could be giving the game as a gift or something. 9 times out of 10 the person doesnt care and doesnt want the seal.
I just hate the whole gutting process. It's absurd. I don't think I'll ever buy a new game from GameStop again, it's so dirty. Are the gutted because employees are renting those copies out or what?

I just hate the whole gutting process. It's absurd. I don't think I'll ever buy a new game from GameStop again, it's so dirty. Are the gutted because employees are renting those copies out or what?
It's because there needs to be one display copy available, and it wouldn't be wise to put live merchandise on the floor. Most retailers have shitty methods of displaying games. Last copy of a game at Target gets you one in the coffin, which used to puncture the back of the case. Best Buy will put higher-tiered games in plastic containers if you're lucky, or spider-wrap if you're unlucky. With Fred Meyer and Wal-Mart, you have to pester an employee to even look at a game. While those other forms may not be as bad as gutting, which I'm not necessarily defending, it's still not very customer-friendly.

No. We gut one copy to put it on display. The only time you would be buying a gutted copy is if its the last one in stock.

As far is checking out new games, most stores only allow employees do check out used games.

Honestly what games are you guys buying that are gutted? Niche titles I can see because we don't get a lot them in but any big release game you should almost never be getting a gutted copy, esp this time of year.

It's because there needs to be one display copy available, and it wouldn't be wise to put live merchandise on the floor. Most retailers have shitty methods of displaying games. Last copy of a game at Target gets you one in the coffin, which used to puncture the back of the case. Best Buy will put higher-tiered games in plastic containers if you're lucky, or spider-wrap if you're unlucky. With Fred Meyer and Wal-Mart, you have to pester an employee to even look at a game. While those other forms may not be as bad as gutting, which I'm not necessarily defending, it's still not very customer-friendly.
Yeah pretty much. Best Buy is terrible for any LE of a game because that spider wrap or case usually destroys it. Wal-Mart isnt bad but you cant look at the case at all.

Target has the best system in place. I say we just bring back the old Toys R Us Ticket system.

No. We gut one copy to put it on display. The only time you would be buying a gutted copy is if its the last one in stock.

As far is checking out new games, most stores only allow employees do check out used games.

Honestly what games are you guys buying that are gutted? Niche titles I can see because we don't get a lot them in but any big release game you should almost never be getting a gutted copy, esp this time of year.
I see. IDK why companies wouldn't just send an empty case, would be better, IMO. I've never gotten a gutted copy there, I can't be bothered to get new games from GS with GCU in existence anyway.

Yeah pretty much. Best Buy is terrible for any LE of a game because that spider wrap or case usually destroys it. Wal-Mart isnt bad but you cant look at the case at all.

Target has the best system in place. I say we just bring back the old Toys R Us Ticket system.
Yeah, that security lock is nasty. I saw some Wooly World bundles at Best Buy, and they were ruined by that stuff. My Halo console was in it, but didn't seem affected much. What makes Target good? I went there and they had the same lock on The Elder Scrolls Anthology. I even asked them if they had copies in the back because I wasn't going to buy it with those things ruining the box (I ended up getting it during BF at BB anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back