GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish they would go ahead and actually put up the Pro day deals. I want to get the disappointment over with.
Yep keeping it a secret either means it's supremely good deals they don't want people waiting all week for and not buying anything until... or an huiuuiiiiuuge troll.

Honestly I don't think cheapy will allow others to profit off using his website so I would think doing such a thing would need to be cleared with him first.

I'm not sure what's ironic about it? Could you please explain.
He's saying it's ironic because all of the regulars in this thread already profit from using Cheapy's website because of the flips.

On a different note, I came across a strange circumstance.

Went to GS with a friend so he could trade in some stuff for me under my account since I'm trade banned. From what I've read its ID based and not account based. Clerk got all trades rung up, then before taking my friends ID she said that the account has a trade limit ban on it. I said yea that's why my friend is trading it for me under his ID. She said the system wouldn't let it because of the trade ban. So then he just traded under his account, renewed PUR for him, and the trade went through under his account+ID.

I thought trade ban limit was ID based but you could trade under the same account just someone else would have to put their ID in. Or do I have a different kind of ban now?

Also did a boomerang on a a set of 4/20 deal, and would you know it, got hit with 2 refurb fees. Thank you GS, for selling me shit you wouldn't take yourself without a discount, then putting that disc right back on the shelves. Some sheisty shit, but oh well the moola ROI is enough to offset this I suppose. 

Went to GS with a friend so he could trade in some stuff for me under my account since I'm trade banned. From what I've read its ID based and not account based. Clerk got all trades rung up, then before taking my friends ID she said that the account has a trade limit ban on it. I said yea that's why my friend is trading it for me under his ID. She said the system wouldn't let it because of the trade ban. So then he just traded under his account, renewed PUR for him, and the trade went through under his account+ID.

I thought trade ban limit was ID based but you could trade under the same account just someone else would have to put their ID in. Or do I have a different kind of ban now?
The ban spans across from ID to account and back again. They have some pretty good logic in place to link the two together, or some pretty astute people in LP.

I can understand that but that wasn't what I meant. I guess I should have said directly profiting.
Yeah I gotcha, I knew what you meant too. Though honestly, I think he'd be alright with paying for the spreadsheet. There's all kinds of people selling lots of different stuff in the trading forum. As far as I can tell, he wouldn't be breaking any rules if he did decide to sell the sheets as a service via that forum.

You just confirmed that the ban is account based not by ID.

Went to GS with a friend so he could trade in some stuff for me under my account since I'm trade banned.
Let me get this straight. You've been trade banned, robbed, and shit talked all due to flipping? You're doing something wrong...

"Back in my day we didn't have likes!"

Sheesh, grow up and get with the times. And I don't have Facebook, so try again
"Funny how someone can be on here for 10+ years and have less than 200 likes"

Nice pivot from that statement that I was explaining why that is asinine as a lot of OGs are not as active here so they do not make 5 posts a day everyday since the system has been implemented. So maybe you should take your own advice.

Actually if you listened to cheapy's podcast on the regular he mentioned in passing about the cag16 code. The reason we have the cag16 deal is because he had a friend who worked for EBgames and helped him with the site by hooking up people with the discount. Cheapy talked about how the code stopped working for a while then for whatever reason it started up again, but in the podcast he said it wasn't a business relationship it was a friend with a hookup that he mainly communicated with through a few emails. But sure go on with your OG stories.
So you are telling me he was friends with a guy that helped his business and that does not quantify as a business relationship? I legit do not understand it as it helps drive sells to gamestop and CAGs get a discount.

Let me get this straight. You've been trade banned, robbed, and shit talked all due to flipping? You're doing something wrong...
LOL that sounds terrible when you put like that!

Trade ban, yes that was me not understanding the 4 limit on accessories applied as well.

The shit talk...I don't know really what I did besides post a few stuff and ask questions, yes some of them was in the faq i got it, but don't really know where all the hate came from.

As far as the getting robbed, that was a couple years ago when I was selling my Galaxy S6 so I could get the Note 5, met some kid at a 7-11 and handed the phone to him to check it out, and he books it. From then on been doing all my online meetups inside places like Starbucks.

Nice pivot from that statement that I was explaining why that is asinine as a lot of OGs are not as active here so they do not make 5 posts a day everyday since the system has been implemented. So maybe you should take your own advice.
If someone isn't active then how long they've had their account is irrelevant, which is what I said several posts ago. Do try and keep up grandpa, thanks ;)

As far as the getting robbed, that was a couple years ago when I was selling my Galaxy S6 so I could get the Note 5, met some kid at a 7-11 and handed the phone to him to check it out, and he books it. From then on been doing all my online meetups inside places like Starbucks.
Yea cause it's impossible to run out of a Starbucks

But what about WWE gifs?
giphy.gif

The ban spans across from ID to account and back again. They have some pretty good logic in place to link the two together, or some pretty astute people in LP.
Oh, I see. I could have sworn I saw that it was only ID based when reading past posts.

You just confirmed that the ban is account based not by ID.
If that's the case then I should be able to trade under my friends account with my ID? Conflicting answers here lol

I said yea that's why my friend is trading it for me under his ID. She said the system wouldn't let it because of the trade ban.
Why? Why would you tell her that? That is the kind of stuff that gets a JD looking into your account and banning you. You also jeopardized your friends account. If it is a relative you can get away with people trading in under your account and could just excuse it as something like, "oh well I guess I can't get you the extra 10% (family member's name here)" then suggest maybe they can get an account.

Yea cause it's impossible to run out of a Starbucks
Well its harder to run out of a crowded starbucks then being out in the open sidewalk/street. Have more time to react, also more chances of their being atleast video evidence of the robbery even if I don't get my shit back I'd like the person to get caught.

Oh, I see. I could have sworn I saw that it was only ID based when reading past posts.

If that's the case then I should be able to trade under my friends account with my ID? Conflicting answers here lol
No, you can get a ban from either end.

Jesus people shut up if it's not topic related. That said, any word on Pro day? Deals that is
You're waving a candle at a hurricane. :)

IE - you're wasting your time, just let it wear itself out.

Why? Why would you tell her that? That is the kind of stuff that gets a JD looking into your account and banning you. You also jeopardized your friends account. If it is a relative you can get away with people trading in under your account and could just excuse it as something like, "oh well I guess I can't get you the extra 10% (family member's name here)" then suggest maybe they can get an account.
Guess honesty is not the best policy here then lol. I sort of wasn't thinking, and my friend has an account only because I opened it for him, tbh he doesn't have any systems or trades (really its my second account, I just treat him to lunch/dinner whenever I get a good return). It was at a random gamestop I never been to as well, probably just gonna stick to the ones I've got good relations with. I'll keep the family member advice in mind next time I come across this, thanks for the tip.

Why are you insistent on using your ID? Let your friend use his ID with his account and swipe with your card.
Not insistent, I dont mind doing that, just if I could use his account with my ID then I wouldn't have to call him and drag him to GS with me everytime I needed to trades til my trade ban is up. Not that he minds, just a bit of a hassle. But yea I'll just let him do it for me for the time being instead of over complicating it.

WTF, who cares about the number of likes? It wasn't even implemented 10 years ago.

And I got two likes from Blackbeard today. That's equal to like 200 likes in this thread. So I'm winning.
I got a like from Blackbeard once or twice. But twice in a day? You've awakened the beast.

It's always been account and ID if they take ID.

So you are telling me he was friends with a guy that helped his business and that does not quantify as a business relationship? I legit do not understand it as it helps drive sells to gamestop and CAGs get a discount.
Im telling you to listen to the podcast and quit talking out of your ass

Any word on Pro day sales?
Yes, the other day I overheard an employee tell a guy who was paying in front of me that it's going to be like black friday and that even some new games are going to be like 50% off. I believe him because all gamestop employees are very knowlegable as to current promotions.

Okay guys. I locked the thread. New thread can be made by someone else. This thing has gone completely off the rails and is super large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back