GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't decide whether to laugh or be frustrated by how confused I am about Amazon Cash vis-a-vis Gamestop. This, despite reading Amazon's FAQ multiple times as well as most of the last couple days of this thread.

In brief: can I take my Gamestop trade-in credit that is tied to my PUR account and 'transfer' that into Amazon credit simply by going into a Gamestop with the Amazon Cash barcode?

I feel like the obvious answer to this questions is "no," but I figured I'd politely ask here before questioning my sanity.

:( :D
Yes. assuming the gamestop trade-in credit is on a trade card. don't know how it works if the credit is on your PUR account, but should be the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I'm guilty AF for being a lurker and benefiting without contributing, so I'll make a point to stop being a bum. For starters, Blackbeard I just sent you a $30 donation. It's not much compared to how much I've benefited from your work, but I'll make a point to regularly donate to you. As a fellow developer (I assume you're a dev, or at least someone who can code), it would be pretty crappy of me to use your work without donating. I've made a decent chunk of credit off the sheets in the last four months of flipping (not as long as most, but I'll get there).

Anyhow, sorry for lurking/mooching. I'll gladly pay to keep accessing the sheets, but I totally get if the requirement is more contribution to the community, or some combination of the two.

Thanks guys, for being a solid community that I am going to try to be a useful part of.

Anyway... maybe I could make a survey monkey poll, blackbeard could throw the link up on the sheets, and we could get some solid statistics of how people want the sheets limited (since everyone seems to want them limited)? I know it's ultimately up to blackbeard, but he seems like a man of the people
Maybe this is much, but I think a quarterly or annual subscription would be something to think about as well, since it is an ongoing project.

~~~Ramadan Mubarak (2017)~~~

Lol at all the lurkers fucking coming out. But yeah real sick of the morons on the Reddit thread. Totally up for limits as I suggested. I've donated before but I'll happily donate again. More in favor of a combo of posts, year, or vouching, and the five bucks. Hit 3/4 reqs or some shit

You mean like right after I made the FAQ on the first page and posted that it was done, and the very next post was you asking where you could find the sheets?

Never forget...
maybe i was browsing the thread while you were updating the post and we posted simultaneously? or maybe i'm a complete idiot. maybe both?

So I went ahead and became the guinea pig and went into Gamestop to try the Amazon Cash thing. Of course the employees did not have a clue what I was talking about. So I showed them the Amazon Cash page and told them all they had to was scan my barcode. Dude was cool and scanned it and all it asked on the POS was for an amount not exceeding $500. I put $250 Gamestop credit I had sitting on a trade card and everything went smoothly. And the very next moment I got an email from Amazon verifying the credit being added. Very simple and fast process.
Please let us know if you get PUR Points for the transaction.

For those wondering I was able to turn in the trade credit on the PRO card itself into Amazon Cash.

So theres no need to take the extra step and put it on a trading card first.

I cant understand how someone can all of a sudden sit there with their hand out looking for some sort of compensation on a thread they decided to create on their own time....  If I was a mod this thread would instantly get locked or deleted out of this defeating the whole point of an open forum.... there is no membership fees or anything for this site so if you post and it get shared or people you feel dont contribute use your efforts then deal with it. It is what it is on this site and has always been this way.....

Excellent. Thanks (and to the others). I'm gonna head there now and will report back. I have about $400+ I'd like to put into Amazon so I can purchase the critically acclaimed book. "How to Avoid Huge Ships."

https://www.amazon.com/Avoid-Huge-Ships-John-Trimmer/dp/0870334336
Well that was profoundly easy.

I simply showed him the Amazon barcode in my Apple Wallet app, swiped my PUR card and he did his thing. He was a bit reticent, but told me he was doing this for the first time. He also went in the back to check with someone to make sure the money wouldn't disappear into the ether.

Literally ~90 seconds and I was out the store. $419 in Amazon, emailed arrived right as he was handing my phone back.

Thanks CAG!

I cant understand how someone can all of a sudden sit there with their hand out looking for some sort of compensation on a thread they decided to create on their own time.... If I was a mod this thread would instantly get locked or deleted out of this defeating the whole point of an open forum.... there is no membership fees or anything for this site so if you post and it get shared or people you feel dont contribute use your efforts then deal with it. It is what it is on this site and has always been this way.....
What has BB actually said about this topic?

Jesus, there's so many lurkers posts trying to evade the inevitable going away of the spreadsheet, in some way or form, that I won't have enough popcorn to eat while I read it all.

I hope the standards for getting into the sheet are high as hell.

I cant understand how someone can all of a sudden sit there with their hand out looking for some sort of compensation on a thread they decided to create on their own time.... If I was a mod this thread would instantly get locked or deleted out of this defeating the whole point of an open forum.... there is no membership fees or anything for this site so if you post and it get shared or people you feel dont contribute use your efforts then deal with it. It is what it is on this site and has always been this way.....
I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone in this thread when I say the following:

fuck off

Please quote the post where blackbeard said "gimme money or you get no shits / sheets".

I did not get any. Although I can't imagine why I would...don't we earn them when we spend?

I guess I'm not seeing how this is spending but I might be missing something.
Points don't post until the day after the transaction at the earliest, and this is the first day of Amazon Cash at GS, so you wouldn't have possibly gotten points from it yet

I personally would assume you wouldnt get points, because thinking logically you aren't buying anything your just transferring it. 

I'll let people know however if points get posted on my account.

Another success story here with amazon cash. An employee helped me while the manager knew about it but I was scared he would say something along the lines of no store credit can be used. Luckily nothing came out of him and I hid the card as I swiped.

Honestly I don't think cheapy will allow others to profit off using his website so I would think doing such a thing would need to be cleared with him first.

I personally would assume you wouldnt get points, because thinking logically you aren't buying anything your just transferring it.

I'll let people know however if points get posted on my account.
But you get points for buying Amazon gift cards, would probably still just buy the cards if you don't get points for using Amazon cash.

Also if you reload $100 or more worth of Amazon credit onto your Amazon account, you get $5 extra added to your balance. Says it works with prepaid cards but idk about using Amazon Cash for it. Limit one $5 bonus per account

$100 GS credit -> $105 Amazon credit ain't bad

If you don't get points from this it's better to get a amazon card and then transferring. No sense on wasting points to remove a step.

We will find out though

But you get points for buying Amazon gift cards, would probably still just buy the cards if you don't get points for using Amazon cash.
Yeah I was thinking the same, but your making a purchase in that instance.
So if thats the case if people would want to go to the hassle of buying a gamestop trade card or amazon giftcard I could understand.

This works for me personally because last time I asked they wouldnt let me purchase an amazon gift card and I didnt want to push it.

those that did the reload, do you mind posting a receipt picture (with private info blocked of course)?

you get points for buying gift cards, including amazon, because it counts as a purchase. The Cash Reload might count as a purchase too, since you're scanning a barcode that might act like any other UPC barcode.

I never said anything about compensation to access the sheets. It wasn't even on the table. Security and as much open availability is my only focus.

Im just tired of everywhere you go people are bitching and whining about everything and anything...
Thanks for contributing to the bitching and whining....

those that did the reload, do you mind posting a receipt picture (with private info blocked of course)?

you get points for buying gift cards, including amazon, because it counts as a purchase. The Cash Reload might count as a purchase too, since you're scanning a barcode that might act like any other UPC barcode.
I tossed mine, but I did notice the transaction was listed under "Purchases" (although it seems likely everything is).

Blackbeard, I say do what you feel is best for the sheets as a whole.  I don't post as much anymore but do appreciate all the work you put into this especially with all the lurkers and idiots coming out of the woodwork...

Also if you reload $100 or more worth of Amazon credit onto your Amazon account, you get $5 extra added to your balance. Says it works with prepaid cards but idk about using Amazon Cash for it. Limit one $5 bonus per account

$100 GS credit -> $105 Amazon credit ain't bad
do you have source link? don't see this promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back