GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Redbox to Gamestop jig is still incredible. Doesn't look like the sale prices were ever changed at RB. State of Decay and Final Fantasy X/X-2 flipped for a bunch.

I went to GS today to buy some Amazon gift cards with my e-rewards GS gift cards. The cashier scanned my gc and it would not take. He called a DM and was told that I could only buy Subway, Taco Bell, and other food gift cards only (no Amazon, ITunes, Shell cards, etc..). Was anyone else told this same thing recently? ( I did a search in this thread and found a few people said it did not work for them and some other people said it did worked for them, but this was a while ago.)

so many diff way to make way nowadays, esp with the wealth of knowledge on the interweb. its really all about information flow. however, i find myself flipping for change when i can use my opportunity cost/time to make more elsewhere. just me as a cag and gamer but if we really think about it, the few dollars amzn/bby/gme pays us is change.  anyone agree that there are may be bigger catch catch elsewhere. 

The Redbox to Gamestop jig is still incredible. Doesn't look like the sale prices were ever changed at RB. State of Decay and Final Fantasy X/X-2 flipped for a bunch.
Yep. Needed to reload my Amazon account so I traveled to some untouched redboxes. BF Hardline on 360 would've been a great flip if they didn't charge $9 for each of the two disks that make up the game...

does the $5 off 2 preowned games only work in store? now GS has free shipping, I can finally buy these things online

Everything except the TCG started today. TCG starts tomorrow. I spent a good 5 minutes arguing this with an employee and he still refused to give me a download code.
Is this a TCG video game you speak of? Or card giveaway?

Totally serious question. I used to love the cards.

These targetted eBay bucks deals.  I'm never on the radar list to be included.

I guess I should make another eBay account...

Think I'll trade in my dark souls 3, I haven't even beaten the first boss yet but I just don't really feel like playing it and with Overwatch beta this week and Uncharted 4 next week then Overwatch retail I just don't see when I would play

They updated the trade in promo page for the 20% bonus offer, it correctly lists the games now: Uncharted 4, Star Fox Zero, Battleborn, and Doom

Do you get a 20% bump on all the games you trade in toward Uncharted 4 even if they greatly exceed the cost of the game?

Do you get a 20% bump on all the games you trade in toward Uncharted 4 even if they greatly exceed the cost of the game?

Yes, technically all you need to do is $5 but depends on if the associate cares about that or not. You will get to keep all credit last the $60 msrp though

Yes. My amounts were upped about $20-$30, and that was after putting $5 down on the game. Someone at 1 store tried to strong arm me into paying the whole game off but I kept politely requesting the credit on a trade card. Had to do that dance with him about 3x before he gave up.

Or you guys can just pick up star fox and return it the next day like I did saying my brother already bought this for his son.... BOOM! Better than canceling a pre order which I will have to do at one store I paid doom off at

Or you guys can just pick up star fox and return it the next day like I did saying my brother already bought this for his son.... BOOM! Better than canceling a pre order which I will have to do at one store I paid doom off at
You have to pay the full price on that. ~$60 in credit tied up on a game you dont want when you can just put $5 down and cancel any other time,

You have to pay the full price on that. ~$60 in credit tied up on a game you dont want when you can just put $5 down and cancel any other time,
Yes but if you do that enough you will wind up pissing off employees and drawing extra attention to yourself. All depends on your acceptable level of risk.

Yes but if you do that enough you will wind up pissing off employees and drawing extra attention to yourself. All depends on your acceptable level of risk.
I usually cancel preorders a week after the game comes out. I dont think it counts against them after the game is out.

Returns are also risky. They see the previous transaction on the receipt and know that you are taking advantage of Gamestop.

The point is not to draw attention. Your right though in a sense that the credit isn't tied up but I would prefer to avoid drawing heat. I'll end up picking up Doom because the guy I pre ordered from hooked me up by making sure I got maximum credit on my trades. I'll return it at a different store though haha

i got a reward certificate that is going to expire, is there a number to call, so you can get the points back or does it go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back