GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
In one of them, a woman tried to do a return on a mango
Walmart lets you get away with almost anything. I read a story how a guy bought a tent, used it on a trip, and then returned it (clearly used).

Another I read was how someone would grab certain things in the store and walk over to CS and do a no receipt return with them.

Walmart lets you get away with almost anything. I read a story how a guy bought a tent, used it on a trip, and then returned it (clearly used).

Another I read was how someone would grab certain things in the store and walk over to CS and do a no receipt return with them.
I bought an inflatable air mattress on a road trip and when we got to where we were going we found that the box had a completely different air mattress that was stained and REAKING of smoke. I had a really fun conversation with a completely different Walmart when I got back home, but I was able to exchange it for another one.

One guy I knew ordered a McChicken sandwich one time from McDonald's and instead of the chicken patty, an employee had placed three nuggets in its place. It was a drive thru order so he didn’t realize it until he got home and just ate it lol.

People rent things all the time from walmart.

Values still seem to be the same...just no bonus but interesting I thought the values only lasted til 5/30
This is good news. I still have 5 of the high value games at BBY. I was debating returning them but might just put them towards mirrors edge. Or should I push the 30 days and hope for another 50% bump.

I noticed a can of Behr paint at a walmart once!

NrLcw63.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-4430,28zu0&cid=soc_004

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/737695658556162048

So I had this happen to me for the first time today...

I went to my hometown store where I'm pretty familiar with everyone and some know me by face and some know me by name. However, there was someone working the counter I'd never seen before. I was in there to just grab one DS game and after she takes my phone number for the PUR and scans the game she goes says, "I'm going to go ahead and add this game protection for you. It's good for a year. Your total is..."

I know I still obviously have the right to decline it, but the fact that she didn't even ask me and just said she was going to add it kind of didn't sit right with me. 

But to keep on topic, I've seen a lot of fast food brands mentioned that we don't have around here. The next town over just got a Sonic and it's the only one within driving distance. So that's big news.

I went to my hometown store where I'm pretty familiar with everyone and some know me by face and some know me by name. However, there was someone working the counter I'd never seen before. I was in there to just grab one DS game and after she takes my phone number for the PUR and scans the game she goes says, "I'm going to go ahead and add this game protection for you. It's good for a year. Your total is..."

I know I still obviously have the right to decline it, but the fact that she didn't even ask me and just said she was going to add it kind of didn't sit right with me.

But to keep on topic, I've seen a lot of fast food brands mentioned that we don't have around here. The next town over just got a Sonic and it's the only one within driving distance. So that's big news.
I would have just asked to cancel and I would have left. Dr. Mario must be selling drugs on the side to GameStop employees.

Some districts are hurting for GPGs. I always ask but, that's the new sales tactic for some stores.

Everytime I'm in at my local Gamestop here in Indiana I see people buying the GPG on every game they purchase that day.  The store employees pretty much tell them that they can do whatever to the game and still get it replaced and I guess that hooks them.  I'm always puzzled that people have that many dangers to their games in their house, that they would even consider buying one of these.

i bought the witcher 3 DLC LE today and he tried to convince me to buy the protection for it.  Its a digital code, and i don't really expect him to know that, but thought it was kinda funny

"help gamestop, my digital bits got eaten by my digital dog!"

She was wrong anyway. Aren't GPGs lifetime now? Also, I have seen about a 50% rise in GPG stickers inside used games I have bought recently. Don't know if that's due to the lifetime thing or these new sales tactics.

"I'm going to go ahead and add this game protection for you. It's good for a year. Your total is..."
That's the new tactic per the company. Luckily my store thinks it's dumb so we stick to just asking people what they want not telling them what they want.
What if they don't even say anything, and just tack it on? Can you call the BBB and complain? Just seems like an unethical business practice.

That's the new tactic per the company. Luckily my store thinks it's dumb so we stick to just asking people what they want not telling them what they want.
In the eternal words of Darby, "that has a lawsuit written all over it."

If you have :pS4: NBA 2K16, I'd recommend dumping it today. Fetches a pretty good value currently ($17.50 base), and it's going PS+ tomorrow. Value was going to tank anyway after the Finals, but now it'll be even lower.

Why not? If you can sue a company for giving you hot coffee when you specifically asked for hot coffee, anything is fair game.
This may be a one time occurrence, but when flipping games last weekend an associate added a protection plan to a game without mentioning it to me or asking if I wanted it. I only noticed it when I got home and started entering my flip totals into an excel sheet.

If that's what Gamestop is telling employees to do then I could easily see a cause of action. Again, this may have been a one time situation, but I was certainly less than amused.

Why not? If you can sue a company for giving you hot coffee when you specifically asked for hot coffee, anything is fair game.
I don't know if you're referring to something else, but if you are referring to the McDonald's case:

Liebeck was wearing cotton sweatpants; they absorbed the coffee and held it against her skin, scalding her thighs, buttocks, and groin.[10]

Liebeck was taken to the hospital, where it was determined that she had suffered third-degree burns on six percent of her skin and lesser burns over sixteen percent.[11] She remained in the hospital for eight days while she underwent skin grafting. During this period, Liebeck lost 20 pounds (9 kg, nearly 20% of her body weight), reducing her to 83 pounds (38 kg). After the hospital stay, Liebeck needed care for 3 weeks, provided by her daughter.[12] Liebeck suffered permanent disfigurement after the incident and was partially disabled for two years.[13][14]

Pre-trial
Liebeck sought to settle with McDonald's for $20,000 to cover her actual and anticipated expenses. Her past medical expenses were $10,500; her anticipated future medical expenses were approximately $2,500; and her daughter's[12] loss of income was approximately $5,000 for a total of approximately $18,000.[15] Instead, the company offered only $800. When McDonald's refused to raise its offer, Liebeck retained Texas attorney Reed Morgan. Morgan filed suit in New Mexico District Court accusing McDonald's of "gross negligence" for selling coffee that was "unreasonably dangerous" and "defectively manufactured". McDonald's refused Morgan's offer to settle for $90,000. Morgan offered to settle for $300,000, and a mediator suggested $225,000 just before trial, but McDonald's refused these final pre-trial attempts to settle.[2]
Hmm... seems like she was being VERY fair, and McDonald's tried to screw her in the settlement.

I don't know if you're referring to something else, but if you are referring to the McDonald's case:

Hmm... seems like she was being VERY fair, and McDonald's tried to screw her in the settlement.
Even with all those fancy words, that still sounds like she sued McDonald's for serving her hot coffee that she then spilled on herself.

I need to pay off some credit cards, I wonder if I can spill some hot coffee from my Keurig on myself and not look like a total idiot...

Even with all those fancy words, that still sounds like she sued McDonald's for serving her hot coffee that she then spilled on herself.

I need to pay off some credit cards, I wonder if I can spill some hot coffee from my Keurig on myself and not look like a total idiot...
I haven't done research but I think it comes down to whether the coffee was served at an unreasonably high temperature. The sweat pants magnified the effect but the idea of drinking something that can cause 3rd degree burns does not sit well with me. I don't drink coffee though (or hot drinks in general) so I don't have any experience.

The case was more than just about "hot" coffee....
You're right, it's about how corporations have to pay for the stupidity of their customers. They shouldn't have to put a label on hot coffee that says, "WARNING: THIS IS HOT" or "DON'T USE THIS IN THE BATH TUB" or "DO NOT INGEST" but here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back