GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
BryanDGAF, on 15 Jun 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:
Sorry. Meant to say that amazon cards are being taken away. No store within 100 miles of socal shows any on my end.
And regarding ebay/visa, employees were taught to not allow transactions to go through but obvious ymmv. Maybe a regional thing but thought I'd pass the message along
Yeah, that's just gonna be your district apparently. I'm in SoCal (borderline LA County/OC area) and every GS location (11 total) has allowed me to buy eBay/AMZ/Gas cards with no issue. They also all still stock AMZ cards (even the $50 cards that people have reported having issues with) so I've bought $25 AMZ cards at 5 different stores in the past couple of weeks. Just an FYI.

Any chance we'd be able to see which titles get the 50% bonus before Friday? I was planning on trading my Xbox tomorrow and I might wait a day if I can get a bump on the games, too.

So the Xbox power brick values are higher in store than what shows on the app? I have an OEM one around here somewhere but if it's only $8 I'd rather keep it.

Can the B2G1 coupon on used games be used online or on the app? I was hoping to not go into the store to use it. Also can I combine that code with the 20% off birthday coupon? Thanks

Can the B2G1 coupon on used games be used online or on the app? I was hoping to not go into the store to use it. Also can I combine that code with the 20% off birthday coupon? Thanks
In-store only. You can use the 20%, but you have to have 2 or 3 games that are priced differently.

Example:
You buy 3-$50 used games and the 20% brings one down to $40, which will be the free one, meaning you'll waste the coupon.

kXmSmWG.jpg

As someone who bought one of those third party adapters because I needed something right away, please don't flip them.  Those things are fuck ing fire hazards.  I used mine for 5 minutes before it started making all kinds of scary noises, at which point I unplugged it and returned it to GS.

To be fair, with PUR most games that are on sale at all retailers end up being the same or a little less than Best Buy. Sure, they're used but as long as there isn't any DLC I don't give a shit. Plus Gamestop has coupons sometimes.

In-store only. You can use the 20%, but you have to have 2 or 3 games that are priced differently.

Example:
You buy 3-$50 used games and the 20% brings one down to $40, which will be the free one, meaning you'll waste the coupon.
Yeah that's what I thought, and I told the clerk that when she asked if I wanted to use my 20% off coupon in addition to the B2G1 coupon. I was skeptical ,but she said it would work and so I said I'm all for it if it works. And it did. All 3 games were $48 after PUR. INstead of $96 before tax, it was ~$87.

As someone who bought one of those third party adapters because I needed something right away, please don't flip them. Those things are fuck ing fire hazards. I used mine for 5 minutes before it started making all kinds of scary noises, at which point I unplugged it and returned it to GS.
Yeah despite the extreme profit, myself and a few others stopped trading them in as well due to that very point.

Another question. Someone is trying to sell me their 20% Birthday coupon. Are these tied to each account or can they be given to other people?
The safest thing is to not buy any. People have been banned while others have been able to use a few without any problems. I know I've used one in the past but at this point it isn't worthwhile unless you are willing to lose all your points and $15 for a new PUR Pro account.

As someone who bought one of those third party adapters because I needed something right away, please don't flip them. Those things are fuck ing fire hazards. I used mine for 5 minutes before it started making all kinds of scary noises, at which point I unplugged it and returned it to GS.
What adapters? Wii U gamecube controller adapter? I have a hyperkin myself...

If you have more than 3 active offers, you have to click the View All link to see the rest. Sucks if they really did take it away, for those that didn't use it anyways.

I've used these in the past and I've never had a problem with them. Now I feel bad about flipping 10+ of these in the past.

I wound up with 4 birthday coupons somehow and used them all immediately since I assumed they would purge them all.

Really wish we could get concrete details on the 50% trade bump as I have a bunch of PS3 controllers and Redbox games to dump.

I wound up with 4 birthday coupons somehow and used them all immediately since I assumed they would purge them all.

Really wish we could get concrete details on the 50% trade bump as I have a bunch of PS3 controllers and Redbox games to dump.
I'm about to trade towards a PS4 and I'm off today. It would've been really nice to know in advance.

Traded $50 stuff towards Xbox One S and TLG CE pre orders on Tuesday. Wish I had waited but feared those would sell out so I had to pull trigger moment they were announced for reserves.

Now to scrap up some trades to use this special. Maybe I'll trade one XB1 controller in

Traded $50 stuff towards Xbox One S and TLG CE pre orders on Tuesday. Wish I had waited but feared those would sell out so I had to pull trigger moment they were announced for reserves.

Now to scrap up some trades to use this special. Maybe I'll trade one XB1 controller in
Can't you preorder online for in store pick up and not have to pay anything?

Looks like the 50% extra trade in credit will be towards pre-orders of upcoming games.[attachment=22491:Screenshot_20160616-135832.jpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back