GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's kind of hard not to raise eyebrows when people think 200 on a trade card is alot, or when they see 100k points.
Seriously, they act like I'm FBIs most wanted or something when they see 100k points. Even though it's not that hard to get. I guess it's more of the fact that most people don't even give enough of a crap to get a free membership, so they get surprised by dedication.

Was it confirmed that the generated emails were just including the 50% TIV bonus, rather than base values? I'm going to assume that is the case, just wanted to be sure.

i just got the usual GS stealth bump email, and it tells me the MSGVPP is 19.5 while on GS website it's 13. but maybe it just included the 50% bonus. I'm sure hoping the base value comes to that in the near future...
This is how we know it includes the 50%. $13 * 1.5 = $19.50

I'm sure everyone is aware of the fact we can no longer get Amazon cards. I'm just reinforcing it here in Minnesota. They should send a company wide notice lol.

Hey guys.

Long time lurker, never added anything to a single thread and can't read.

How much are xbox 360 slim power adapters going for? App says $8.
Longer time asshole, I see.

Forgive me, oh precious one, as I didn't have time to scour multiple pages back to see what was going on.

So, once again, I'm so sorry CAG Wizard. Please forgive me.

The title of the auction has "US Mail Delivery" so I think it's coming in the mail. I'm not bothered by that though.
This is a certified pre-owned gift card. Certified pre-owned gift cards are like regular gift cards and carry a 100 day guarantee. Certified pre-owned gift cards can be used in retail stores or online, just like a regular gift card. These gift cards will be physically mailed to you.

[SIZE=18.6667px]All items sold are plastic or paper gift cards. We are unable to email you the gift card number. [/SIZE]

The title of the auction has "US Mail Delivery" so I think it's coming in the mail. I'm not bothered by that though.
Yeah hopefully. It's just easier to swipe a gift card than to hand an egiftcard to an employee. I was just reading some of the negative feedback and some members were complaining about not getting a physical gift card instead. Either way, I still bit because I thought the 15% was worth it regardless. Thanks.

I picked up 5 of those gift cards, thanks! I'm hoping they are cards though and not paper.

I also messaged the seller asking if it's possible to receive plastic instead of paper. Let's hope they can do it!

Also for the ebates pros, how long do ebay transactions take to show up? I've found it a lot easier to just report it as not showing up immediately since they put the cash back instantly instead of having to wait and see.

ebates? damn missed that sweet $0.75. how does that work?
Shop@Home has 1% on eBay too, but they'll match 110% of TopCashBack's 1.1%, so if u made sure to submit a match guarantee before clicking on eBay's S@H link, then it would've been 1.2%=$0.90 instead + random amount of coins S@H offers per transaction. The coins are spent in their gift card catalog which atm the only store that carries games is Walmart last I checked. If u do a lot of shopping online, u can get free games from WallyWorld lol in addition to the cashback they already offer.

Does it raise any flags hitting that amount and getting a 2nd card? I guess I should buy more eBay gift cards lol
That happened recently without me thinking about it, maxed out a card & had to buy something to bring the trade in amount down to fit on the card =/ Now they remember me. grrrr

Yeah hopefully. It's just easier to swipe a gift card than to hand an egiftcard to an employee. I was just reading some of the negative feedback and some members were complaining about not getting a physical gift card instead. Either way, I still bit because I thought the 15% was worth it regardless. Thanks.
Load the egfitcard into Gyft app & grab the scanner urself to scan the barcode on your phone hahahaha

I still have eBay problems, couldn't pay with ANY of my eBay Gift Cards, all of them said it couldn't apply the code =( Had to pay with my PayPal balance =(

Shop@Home has 1% on eBay too, but they'll match 110% of TopCashBack's 1.1%, so if u made sure to submit a match guarantee before clicking on eBay's S@H link, then it would've been 1.3%=$0.90 instead + random amount of coins S@H offers per transaction. The coins are spent in their gift card catalog which atm the only store that carries games is Walmart last I checked. If u do a lot of shopping online, u can get free games from WallyWorld lol in addition to the cashback they already offer.

That happened recently without me thinking about it, maxed out a card & had to buy something to bring the trade in amount down to fit on the card =/ Now they remember me. grrrr

Load the egfitcard into Gyft app & grab the scanner urself to scan the barcode on your phone hahahaha
The problem with Gyft is that they will still know you are using a gift card. When you use a physical card, they just assume it's a credit card.

Also they forced you to buy something? Wtf?

I've done 3-4 and not had any issues. I assume as many as needed to pay for the transaction.
In that case, if they send me 10 pieces of paper I'm just going to get 2x Dark Souls III Collector's Edition from gamestop.com and return them in store for a consolidated giftcard since it costs almost the exact same ($275 in giftcards for $276.23 for the 2x dark souls). Or just purchase a $275 ebay gift card at that time =P~ $233.75 in giftcards converted to $275.

*EDIT* Just realized I bought $375 worth of giftcards. I'll just make it 3x DOOM collector's edition to make it $382.47 with $375 in gift cards.

Well, I finally got it to go through. I had to remove all payment option from my paypal except one card, remove the paypal from my ebay account, go to checkout, apply the giftcard, the log in to paypal and pay.

Could not apply giftcard while logged into paypal, and any trying to change payment method from paypal locked me back into the trouble i was having with paypaldigitalgifts and removed the gift card payment from the checkout.

What a royal pain, never buying ebay giftcards ever again.

The problem with Gyft is that they will still know you are using a gift card. When you use a physical card, they just assume it's a credit card.

Also they forced you to buy something? Wtf?
oh ok i c what you're trying to prevent them from figuring out haha

Not no like that lol. They said they couldn't bump my trade card up to $1000 & put the remaining on a 2nd trade card, unless I put the full trade onto one single new card without putting anything on my current close to max card.... I already had in mind a game that I knew traded back in for more than the sale price at the time, so I brought it & played it for a little bit & traded it back in haha.

Well, I finally got it to go through. I had to remove all payment option from my paypal except one card, remove the paypal from my ebay account, go to checkout, apply the giftcard, the log in to paypal and pay.

Could not apply giftcard while logged into paypal, and any trying to change payment method from paypal locked me back into the trouble i was having with paypaldigitalgifts and removed the gift card payment from the checkout.

What a royal pain, never buying ebay giftcards ever again.
I'll try this next time I have a problem with paypaldigitalgifts, I couldn't check out at all today with them using eBay gift cards, ended up paying with my Paypal balance. =( Brought $60 in gift cards & a video game that was almost free lol.

You get banned when you go to trade in the 5th of any item so trading in 4 in 20 days is fine.

Wish I would have held on to the combo pack a little longer. Traded it in for $20 last 50% bonus we had, but that included Black Ops 2, I would have kept it then.

I gotta ask, what is a "Preowned Gift card" from eBay? Is this going to let me buy another gift card in Gamestop if I try to use it? lol
A physical, second-hand giftcard I presume. People sell their BB and GS giftcards all the time and usually sell for a tad bit less than the card value. Surprisingly though, I've seen cases which they actually sell above their value amount, i'm not sure if second-hand ebay GCs are allowed.

In that case, if they send me 10 pieces of paper I'm just going to get 2x Dark Souls III Collector's Edition from gamestop.com and return them in store for a consolidated giftcard since it costs almost the exact same ($275 in giftcards for $276.23 for the 2x dark souls). Or just purchase a $275 ebay gift card at that time =P~ $233.75 in giftcards converted to $275.

*EDIT* Just realized I bought $375 worth of giftcards. I'll just make it 3x DOOM collector's edition to make it $382.47 with $375 in gift cards.
I guess all the paper is an issue? And you have a store that hates you, since they will ever so love taking a hit on a $375 return for their daily sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back