GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded my last few straggler games today and grabbed a couple hundred in paypal credit. I'm going to have every 2016 title I'm interested in covered now and a couple of 2017 ones too.

The amusing thing is if I could move through my newer games at a quicker pace I'd have done another grand or so in trades. If I was a college kid now I'd have never paid a dime to play video games with all the crazy flips you can pull off anymore.

Traded mine in and got denied the Visas. Had some Amazon cards and he said I was welcome to use credit on this but they wouldn't ring up.

Oh well, got an Elite controller and I'll just sell that since it holds decent value

Theyre called tools.
Dang right. And I saw it as, if it's a corporate policy, and 3 stores in my close area aren't gonna do it, even the one in my local mall, I was cool with the people there, and they wouldn't budge, then it's just not worth my time to drive out another 35-40 miles just to go to 2 more that'll do the same thing to me. I'll just do what i need to do here today and be done with them, only way they'll get my business is pre-order bonus or if I'm itching for a new console and got trade-ins to do it, and that won't be for a couple of years.

I'm in the middle TN area. Also, both clerks said that you can't get PSN Month membership with trade credit either, they said they haven't done away with it yet though, so i was able to get one, but they straight denied me on Visas instantly, and like I stated, no Amazon or eBay cards either in area, I would go further out but I think 3 GS's are more than enough.
Near Kentucky? I hadn't tried getting anything with trade credit yet, just may get a ps4.

Traded in 10 games, got about over 140. Not bad for not having much on hand. I put sticky notes in each game saying to take a pic of it and the game for a chance to win a free game. I wonder how many years someone will notice it in their instruction booklets.

Traded in 10 games, got about over 140. Not bad for not having much on hand. I put sticky notes in each game saying to take a pic of it and the game for a chance to win a free game. I wonder how many years someone will notice it in their instruction booklets.
At least you use sticky notes, a kid named Chris V used a sharpie marker to sign his name on the front of the disks, the booklets, and the box, for a bunch of used games at one GS. It could be that he lives in a library and needs to make sure to secure his property.

At least you use sticky notes, a kid named Chris V used a sharpie marker to sign his name on the front of the disks, the booklets, and the box, for a bunch of used games at one GS. It could be that he lives in a library and needs to make sure to secure his property.
do u live in nyc?

Funny thing is. Most of us might know a Chris V (ok just me maybe).

That seems to be what the military loves to do around here to their games.

Funny thing is. Most of us might know a Chris V (ok just me maybe).

That seems to be what the military loves to do around here to their games.
Yep it's what we are used to doing. One because stuff always winds up missing aka stolen and or lost. And like I mentioned we are just used to doing it. lol I never did that for games but I did do it for like clothes for the longest time.

Yep it's what we are used to doing. One because stuff always winds up missing aka stolen and or lost. And like I mentioned we are just used to doing it. lol I never did that for games but I did do it for like clothes for the longest time.
Ya I figured much. I should note I grew up as a military brat.

Lol who agreed to that?!?
A local person on Offer Up. We were to trade Majoras Mask for the Greninja amiibo. He then said he wanted to buy a Lucario amiibo so I took it. When we met he asked if I would take Platinum and White 2 for Lucario because he no longer plays them. I was like sure thing!

I used to label stuff as a kid, not recently, but I'm a very OCD person when it comes to games or really anything expensive, and I'm the son of a military father.

How odd we all all semi close to each other. I'm in Western KY. About 3 hours from Nashville.
The triforce is complete!

So besides Darkstar00 anyone else get denied using TC for Visa's? I haven't tried but figured I'd get a no go as well at my store. I may try this Tuesday and report back here. Anyone try using a GC and not TC?

Ya I figured much. I should note I grew up as a military brat.
Same here, my father was 20 years AF and then I joined the Army lol.

I used to label stuff as a kid, not recently, but I'm a very OCD person when it comes to games or really anything expensive, and I'm the son of a military father.

The triforce is complete!
Yes, now we can complete our conquest for getting the best deals in the KY area! :D

So besides Darkstar00 anyone else get denied using TC for Visa's? I haven't tried but figured I'd get a no go as well at my store. I may try this Tuesday and report back here. Anyone try using a GC and not TC?
FYI, Gamestop Corporate policy is that you can only use cash or debit cards to purchase the Visa cards.

Selling them with any other method of payment is a firing offense.

Do you really want to cost someone their job?

FYI, Gamestop Corporate policy is that you can only use cash or debit cards to purchase the Visa cards.

Selling them with any other method of payment is a firing offense.

Do you really want to cost someone their job?
Nope not really. I always thought you could get them via TC? I didn't know it was policy.

Nope not really. I always thought you could get them via TC? I didn't know it was policy.
The system doesn't block it, but they aren't supposed to sell the Visa cards for anything but cash or debit.

That is the one chain wide corporate policy on GCs right now.

The system doesn't block it, but they aren't supposed to sell the Visa cards for anything but cash or debit.

That is the one chain wide corporate policy on GCs right now.
Well in that case I won't push it. I know all the ppl that work at my local GS's and wouldn't want them to lose their jobs. Thanks for the heads up then. I'll stick to EBC then till those run out.

slightly off topic: since we just had an ebay promo last week (15off75) what is the likelihood of another ebay promo before the end of the month? 

Cleared out some points today. Bought 2 Xbox One Headset adapters with 2x $25 pre-owned certificates and then traded them into another store. 40k points into $48 eBay credit sounds good to me!

Cleared out some points today. Bought 2 Xbox One Headset adapters with 2x $25 pre-owned certificates and then traded them into another store. 40k points into $48 eBay credit sounds good to me!
I've got about 120k I need to clear out still. Good idea. I plan on reserving something on Tuesday with the 50% preorder boost.

I managed to cash out all my trade credit to an ebay GC earlier today. I did this in fear of ebay cards being out of the system today as well. Is this happening soon or are ebay cards still good?

I managed to cash out all my trade credit to an ebay GC earlier today. I did this in fear of ebay cards being out of the system today as well. Is this happening soon or are ebay cards still good?
Don't think anyone knows. But you gotta figure they won't continue it in the long run because Ebay is a competitor for used and new games. It doesn't make a ton of sense in that regard. And so it's probably smart to not keep too much in trade credit if you don't want to use it on anything else at Gamestop.

traded about $140 and ran into a fuck ing JD. he claimed my ACC disk has too many scratches, get this, on the front where the artwork is! just took it back and went to another store, traded it in for 16 with 0 problem.

traded about $140 and ran into a fuck ing JD. he claimed my ACC disk has too many scratches, get this, on the front where the artwork is! just took it back and went to another store, traded it in for 16 with 0 problem.
If it was a Blu-ray disc, scratches on the artwork are a very big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back