GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not in this thread that often and Im not going to check a few pages back but if it's already been talked about Im talking about it again lol

FYI the RETAILMENOT app has a 20% off any 2 or more used games at GS that expires 7/30
That reminds me - there was a free 20% off coupon for PUR members that was removed before the expiration date. I think it was the same date, 7/30. Has anyone tried to use it recently?

Really? I had a birthday coupon the month before but it didn't scan even after multiple attempts. The clerk typed it in manually and it worked instantly. Did you try that?

That reminds me - there was a free 20% off coupon for PUR members that was removed before the expiration date. I think it was the same date, 7/30. Has anyone tried to use it recently?

Really? I had a birthday coupon the month before but it didn't scan even after multiple attempts. The clerk typed it in manually and it worked instantly. Did you try that?
I wish I had seen these posts before I ran out the door. I just tried my 20% coupon also and it did not work. The clerk typed it in and then told me someone had used it already (not true). I guess the lesson is if the coupon is not in your PUR account, don't bother. My store does not use ipads to look up coupons.

Well, it expires on 7/31, so you still have time to try it. I'll also say that the previous free 20% coupons have been pulled before the expiration date multiple times now, and it's worked every time when I used the saved PDF. I'll post my experience on this one if I try it soon.

Wondering this as well, anyone know by any chance?

Bought an online GS giftcard in hopes to buy a few copies tomorrow to move to BB. Hope it won't be too late! D:
It was on sale in last week's ad. New ad starts tomorrow, so the price will probably go back up.

Yes the new weekly ad starts tomorrow, so unless MEC is on sale again, it will go back up in price.
Thanks Bobby! ;)

Bobby-Boucher.jpg

Can you expand on this? I'm thinking about picking up a Wii U and some used games.
Wii U games are extremely easy to damage to the point of being completely ruined. Not sure if it is resurfacing or what does it but they are a crap shoot. I've had them fail from Best Buy, Amazon, and Gamestop. If you buy a used Wii U game test it out immediately, make sure it actual starts and play it for 20 minutes or so. The failure rate on used Wii U games has been as high as 75% for me.

Wii U games are extremely easy to damage to the point of being completely ruined. Not sure if it is resurfacing or what does it but they are a crap shoot. I've had them fail from Best Buy, Amazon, and Gamestop. If you buy a used Wii U game test it out immediately, make sure it actual starts and play it for 20 minutes or so. The failure rate on used Wii U games has been as high as 75% for me.
You sure it's not just your system? Out of a couple dozen used Wii U games I've never had one fail on me

You sure it's not just your system? Out of a couple dozen used Wii U games I've never had one fail on me
100% sure. Never had a new game fail and I actually know several people who own a Wii U to try them on other systems. It's mainly GS used that I've had issues with.

Wondering this as well, anyone know by any chance?

Bought an online GS giftcard in hopes to buy a few copies tomorrow to move to BB. Hope it won't be too late! D:
I'm sorry but how would that bring you a profit? ME would've cost 33.59 with PUR, right? And trading in for 27.20 I believe with 50% bonus at BB. Just asking because I think maybe I'm missing something

how many tablets can i trade in at one time lol ...and do we need a receipt to prove we brought it instead of stole it haha. sorry I live in a county where this county & next county require thumbprint & weight & age & dl & where u work & the whole deal rofl.  I hate trading here lol

So star fox and Mario maker are on sale at BB for a really good price. Use my GCs and basically convert them to cash by trading back to GS or hold onto them and wait for another 50% promo?

So star fox and Mario maker are on sale at BB for a really good price. Use my GCs and basically convert them to cash by trading back to GS or hold onto them and wait for another 50% promo?
By the time another good promo comes, I'm willing to bet most stores will have their POS registers updated to not allow any gift card transactions with trade credit. GS credit would then be rendered useless to me

By the time another good promo comes, I'm willing to bet most stores will have their POS registers updated to not allow any gift card transactions with trade credit. GS credit would then be rendered useless to me
Yeah the only enticing thing about GS credit for me is no tax so if I want a console or something it might be worthwhile.

Damn I checked and those are some great prices, will this sale be live for non-elite members tomorrow? Save some for us!

Oh and since you're elite you'd probably know the answer to this off topic question: Do purchases made with BB gift cards count towards the elite status total?

Damn I checked and those are some great prices, will this sale be live for non-elite members tomorrow? Save some for us!

Oh and since you're elite you'd probably know the answer to this off topic question: Do purchases made with BB gift cards count towards the elite status total?
It should be live for non-Elite members tomorrow.

No, any purchases made with Best Buy GCs do not count towards the amount needed to reach Elite status.

They don't :( with the GS -> eBay -> BB cycle I've been having a hard time racking up purchases towards elite. Since there is that Visa promo, I'm thinking of using my BB credit card instead this time.

How much will they be tomorrow for non elite?

Blackbeard always like your work. I noticed a couple credit movers missing though. Nobunga's Ambition Sphere :ps4: $23.84 PUR at GS to $30.4 GCU at BB and Tranformers Devastation :ps4: & :xb1: $15.74 PUR at GS to $22.4 at GCU BB.
Thanks, yes my BB to GS and GS to BB code is still a WIP. Transformers Devastation is on there but BB names it "Transformers 2015" and since I initial pull the name from the BB trade in page it doesn't pull results correctly when I query gs with "Transformers 2015" I will fix that today. Nobunaga's Ambition.... I don't know why the fuck it isn't listed, I will add it to my to do list. O:)

EDIT:
I don't think there's an actual Pre-Owned SKU for Nobunaga's Ambition on BB.com so I am guessing that is the reason my app doesn't pick it up at all.

Blackbeard always like your work. I noticed a couple credit movers missing though. Nobunga's Ambition Sphere :ps4: $23.84 PUR at GS to $30.4 GCU at BB and Tranformers Devastation :ps4: & :xb1: $15.74 PUR at GS to $22.4 at GCU BB.
where are you getting an extra 10% trade in credit from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back