GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't trade in often to gamestop unless I see something on this site worth going to them for something they have that I like but do you think I should cash out on the points I have now? I have 41k of points I don't wanna lose...
they shouldnt wipe your account, just ban you from trading for either 30 or 90 days

Quick question for seasoned flippers. I went to 5 different gamestops today trading in 1 L4D2 game at each store and I was wondering if they'll ban me for doing that? I'm not really sure how the ban system works and I'm worried about my points disappearing is all.
Enjoy being hit with the banhammer.

they shouldnt wipe your account, just ban you from trading for either 30 or 90 days
I honestly wouldn't care if I wasn't able to trade in anymore on that account. I just wanna keep my points lol. The points is all I care about an the only reason why I even buy stuff at gamestop compared to other stores. If they take away my points I just won't shop there anymore. Now if they just suspend me, meaning I won't gain anymore points or able to trade in, then I'm ok with that. I'll just make a new account.

Was able to flip two metal gears one for each system 17 to 39 gamestop credit

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Would have been nice to know eBay was POS blocked before I had $500 in trade credit on my card.

Now to fritter it all away on marked down Pops and the like.

Bad news first:
ebay with PUR card balance was "blocked. It's not letting me." Cashier said must be new change because one went thru the other day so I belief him.

Good news: Pokemon AND collectible bonus stack. We did my entire trade and I added a $0.97 Star Wars bag. Cashier then scanned something and said "let's just say you're getting something Pokemon too." Everything bumped.
28 for Left4Dead 2
42 Star Fox
Etc.

Bad news first:
ebay with PUR card balance was "blocked. It's not letting me." Cashier said must be new change because one went thru the other day so I belief him.

Good news: Pokemon AND collectible bonus stack. We did my entire trade and I added a $0.97 Star Wars bag. Cashier then scanned something and said "let's just say you're getting something Pokemon too." Everything bumped.
28 for Left4Dead 2
42 Star Fox
Etc.
$42 for Star Fox?

Best I'm seeing is $30 base x 1.3 (PUR + 20% towards collectible) = $39. Can we get a receipt scan?

Bad news first:

28 for Left4Dead 2
42 Star Fox
Etc.
confusing, isnt the pokemon $25 value when buying something? why would that add another 10% to starfox?

and left 4 dead 2 isnt even on the pokemon list...

actually looks like both got a 10% bump on top of everything else. must have been a manual override?

Bad news first:

28 for Left4Dead 2
42 Star Fox
Etc.
Wow you're lucky, they didnt stack for me. in fact the pokemon promo cancelled out the collectibles promo for me and I only got $27.50 for uncharted 4.

Maybe that 10% bonus is the one for PUR Day next weekend and the employee somehow got it early? Or he just added another 10% for whatever reason (but that wouldn't explain the Promo #).

Found out the 20% bonus towards collectables works on trading cards as well.  Picked up a pack of MTG and got the 20%.  Not one of the cheaper items to choose from but its something i do play.

Also i was able to get the 20% off two games from Retailmenot to work on Pokemon Omega Ruby And Sapphire.

Just flipped another L4D2 from $11 to $22 and PM'd a TR for $20 along the way and flipped that. Are there anymore worthwhile flips besides these 2? I still got 2 more L4D2's to flip tomorrow so I can pick more flips up on the way.

I was picking up some used games and the clerk was going on about the warranty. Literally said it offers protection against floods and if it gets run over by a bus. I said no thanks, but after I looked at my receipt there was a $3.00 charge for it and I Asked him to remove it. He's lucky Im in a good mood today and dont feel like giving out any nasty surveys.

I was picking up some used games and the clerk was going on about the warranty. Literally said it offers protection against floods and if it gets run over by a bus. I said no thanks, but after I looked at my receipt there was a $3.00 charge for it and Asked him to remove it. He's lucky Im in a good mood today and dont feel like giving out any nasty surveys.
In what situation is a game gonna get ran over by a bus? Dumbass employee. I would burn him on the survey.

Just flipped another L4D2 from $11 to $22 and PM'd a TR for $20 along the way and flipped that. Are there anymore worthwhile flips besides these 2? I still got 2 more L4D2's to flip tomorrow so I can pick more flips up on the way.
the best buy sale is still going on, should be able to schedule a pickup for tomorrow if you local store is alreay closed. depending on what you are using credit or cash there are a ton of small movers and a few big flips, assuming you havent already done those.

Apparently you're not lazy enough to get out to the store to get your stuff to flip, though you're lazy enough not to check the TIV either in the GS app or the GS website? Both of those TIV checking operations can be done anywhere with a smartphone, even taking a shit.

Lazy indeed.

I was picking up some used games and the clerk was going on about the warranty. Literally said it offers protection against floods and if it gets run over by a bus. I said no thanks, but after I looked at my receipt there was a $3.00 charge for it and I Asked him to remove it. He's lucky Im in a good mood today and dont feel like giving out any nasty surveys.
I'm getting sick of the slimey secretive protection plan addins as well. The only time I allow it is when I'm using certificates from Ebay. Other than that, nope. "I take care of my games." Is my answer.

if you try to trade in death maul. be careful with the blade, it is so easy to break. (broke two already lol) 

I am curious have you guys try to get cash instead of credit when the 20% bonus kick in. The cashier ask if i want cash and credit, i didnt ask the amount and went with credit.

Couldn't post these amounts before, but I found my receipt. These are with the 20% collectible bump:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain (360) - 19.50
Just Dance 2015 (360) - $10.40
did the value drop for metal gear (xbox 360)? because $13.20 + 0.20% bonus = 15.84....unless I'm doing anything wrong

Had a hard time finding the cheap collectible pins that go for less than $2.  So I had to settle with the $4 card packs.  Picked up the Dragon Ball Z ones.  The cards seem more available at stores than the pins do.  I'm not sure if comic books count but I saw some tags that were marked for $3 but my one store didn't have them in stock.

Had a hard time finding the cheap collectible pins that go for less than $2. So I had to settle with the $4 card packs. Picked up the Dragon Ball Z ones. The cards seem more available at stores than the pins do. I'm not sure if comic books count but I saw some tags that were marked for $3 but my one store didn't have them in stock.
Should of looked for Dorbz figures on clearance. I found several Guardians of the Galaxy ones for $0.97.

Had a hard time finding the cheap collectible pins that go for less than $2. So I had to settle with the $4 card packs. Picked up the Dragon Ball Z ones. The cards seem more available at stores than the pins do. I'm not sure if comic books count but I saw some tags that were marked for $3 but my one store didn't have them in stock.
Transformers Tiny Titana Blind Bag. Also Spiderman etc. $1.47.

Uncharted stickers are $.29. My store was taking too long to find the stickers so I tried the Transformer trinket and it worked.

T6

Nah man... just break the game on the spot and get a new one :)
That's kind of an amazing idea, actually... I wonder if something like that is on YouTube. Pay for the protection plan and break the disc right there on the spot, getting a new game. I may try that one of these days. "See everyone? This is how the protection plan works!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back