GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys make sure you print like 3 or 4 unique coupons at least before going to GS, my first 2 said they were redeemed, third worked like a charm, eventually these will all be dead so better hurry.
What were the ones that came up redeemed? Grrr with my luck it's probably 1 of the ones I thought was unique lol.

What were the ones that came up redeemed? Grrr with my luck it's probably 1 of the ones I thought was unique lol.
I have no clue, didn't keep a copy, employee threw away all 3 once I made my purchase, it's a crap shoot. They seemed to not care too much as to why I had so many coupons, but I know a jr. detective might give you crap about it.

I got the same HF3LR coupon rofl, 1st, 3rd, & 4th time even after going into private window. Only when I changed browsers did it finally get me another one, weird.

I managed to generate 6 unique codes I thought out of 9 attempts, turns out only 5 unique now coz 1 was the HF3LR lol.
I cleared my browser cookies and went into Private mode. When printing the coupons I set my printer to print preview so I would know which code I was getting. I generated 4 codes and each one was different (used Firefox). I did get the HF3LR one.

Went to 2 stores on my lunch hour. Easily made $80 in trade credit profit. Plus Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3 soundtracks.

FYI coupon does work on any amount of games over 1.

I did over $800 in cash trades plus tons of credit over the past month.  Maybe that triggered it ( "the trading timeout.")  I was in the store today, and the Manager was surprised when I told him the system  wouldn't let me trade yesterday.  He offered to call customer service and get it straightened out if I had the time to wait.  But he was busy and I only had a few minutes.  The managers around here just want you to bring them games!!!  

IN the meantime I got the wife traveling with me.  Bonnie& Clyde trading-style.  Surprised that she said she was up to doing some more trades today.  She isn't a gaming fan and would rather kick back on the couch after the work day, but I guess she liked the cash I handed her and the experience.  It was fun.  But man I do all the work.  All she has to do is go into the store and do the trade.   I line up everything and give her the total beforehand.  And troubleshoot over text if the total is off.

Yesterday they entered  Left 4 Dead 2 as Left 4 Dead.   I figured that was it and looked up the trade value and sure enough it was $6 less or something.  The same amt under what I figured the total was going to be.  

I had to keep her at  cash trades yesterday.  That's all she could handle.    I might step her up to credit today and see if she can handle the "collectible" 20% bonus.   Not sure.  Not sure.  It's an extra step to ask for and add that  $.27 Uncharted sticker to the transaction.  

i keep generate the same HF3LR code :/ tried ie and chrome after clear history.
I did it on chrome on my phone. Copy the link and paste it into a new incognito tab. It should generate a new code. If you need another close the current incognito tab first and then rinse and repeat.

I got the little figure like this. If your store has a clearance box just look in it and find something cheap, that's all I did.
Yeah nothing under 5.99 at the store I hit. Worked out fine, just did a cash trade for both pokemon games, then grabbed doom and uncharted 4 with the coupon and still came out with an extra $5 in my wallet.

Well one of my stores had eBay gift cards blocked at POS Around Springfield MA so that's a bummer the block is still spreading. I also tried online to consolidate for $100 gift cards and $401 in my order got canceled. I was able to do it in store just fine. I feel like game stop is going to investigate me. :(

I did over $800 in cash trades plus tons of credit over the past month. Maybe that triggered it ( "the trading timeout.") I was in the store today, and the Manager was surprised when I told him the system wouldn't let me trade yesterday. He offered to call customer service and get it straightened out if I had the time to wait. But he was busy and I only had a few minutes. The managers around here just want you to bring them games!!
Seems like to me that the cash threshold is somewhere between $500 - $800 then. Can you confirm your trade total before your last successful trade? (i.e. if you got the cash limit message on 7/24 but was able to trade in on 7/23 – what was your cash trade total before your 7/23 trade?)

With 3 copies per platform, you can turn 143.04 (+ tax) from GS to $165 BB. Good progress towards elite!

Also you can get B1G1 50% off 3DS games at Best Buy. Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire come out to $47.99 + tax and trade into GS for $55 cash or $65 credit with the 20% bonus.
is the 20% bonus youre referring to, towards no mans sky?

Street Fighter Backpack Hangars are clearanced out for $1.97. If you can't find the pins or the Dorbz those will work, instead.

Well one of my stores had eBay gift cards blocked at POS Around Springfield MA so that's a bummer the block is still spreading. I also tried online to consolidate for $100 gift cards and $401 in my order got canceled. I was able to do it in store just fine. I feel like game stop is going to investigate me. :(
I was denied by employee today in Burlington. He was helpful before so I trust his word. Said it was rolled out last week.

After picking up a few copies of Battleborn I see what you mean lol.
To those of who who are curious:

$_1.JPG

Anyone grabbing Deadpool at Redbox may want to keep an eye out for:

:ps3:  Ultimate Action Triple Pack for $5.99 (base trade is $8.00 at GS, $10.40 after bonuses)

I did it on chrome on my phone. Copy the link and paste it into a new incognito tab. It should generate a new code. If you need another close the current incognito tab first and then rinse and repeat.
Seems to not work for me. I did generate a non HF3LR code but I now keep getting the same thing. Mind specifying a few more things? iOS/Android, on Wifi or not? I tried switching from Wifi to LTE and still same code. I also close the app completely.

Seems to not work for me. I did generate a non HF3LR code but I now keep getting the same thing. Mind specifying a few more things? iOS/Android, on Wifi or not? I tried switching from Wifi to LTE and still same code. I also close the app completely.
I'm on android 6.0 and on data not wifi. Try putting it in airplane mode on data in between new incognito tabs so your assigned a new IP when you turn it off.

I keep getting the same code for the retail me coupon. I tried to use the ignito mode and internet explorer instead of chrome, but no luck.

What did you guys do to get different codes?

never mind after 5 tries i got a different code

Sorry, I'm having trouble with the search function.   I'm a bit confused.  A few pages back I remember some saying MGSV was getting a stealth bump but when I was in the store, it was only $8.80.  I see some people trading it in.  Am I mixing up promotions or was the TIV nuked?

Sorry, I'm having trouble with the search function. I'm a bit confused. A few pages back I remember some saying MGSV was getting a stealth bump but when I was in the store, it was only $8.80. I see some people trading it in. Am I mixing up promotions or was the TIV nuked?
xbox 360 / ps3 15/16.5

Sorry, I'm having trouble with the search function. I'm a bit confused. A few pages back I remember some saying MGSV was getting a stealth bump but when I was in the store, it was only $8.80. I see some people trading it in. Am I mixing up promotions or was the TIV nuked?
PS3/360 has $15 value. One/PS4 has $8 value.

a lot of people are flipping them from BB's sale when the last gen version was $9.99 and trades for $15 base

Should I consider trading in valkyria chronicles remastered for $19.5 (with all bonuses included) considering I paid $25.68 for it? I would obviously keep the steelbook but I'm a bit hesitant since we might get a better trade in deal next week/weekend promo? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back