GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back. Bought 2 copies (of Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbone at Best Buy) and flipped one to each of my 2 local GameStops while I was out buying shit for a party I'm hosting tomorrow. Made $12 after tax on the original purchase.

Went off without a hitch, thank you all for the help. If any of you live on Long Island, feel free to stop by tomorrow for a free hot dog or hamburger. ;)

You can ask for an exception and email them the receipt. Have done it a few times after the change. YMMV.
If you really care, you can do a return and then a re-buy and have the scan the QR code.
Already flipped 'em, so a little late for that. I'll just go ahead and email them the receipt. Got nothing to lose, right?

Does anyone with experience with the Best Buy rebates know what the window on eligible purchases is? I know it ends the 15th but I'm not sure when it starts. Is it from the day I unlocked it (today)?

Setup an ibotta account on your friend's phone. Put the QR code on the phone's screen. Take a screenshot, and send that to yourself. Then just display the image of the QR code on your phone when you're at BB.
Damn, I wish I'd read this before I left. I will keep that in mind going forward. Genius idea, thank you.

I have aton of question but Ill start from the beggining . so I see that gamestop has a 3 games for 15% off which can be boomerang back for credit so my question is how many coppies can i trade back of the same game before I get banned.  like Lego Star wars is an 8 dollar flip so can I trade in 3 of the same game for a $24 profit ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1424384180

or do I have to trade in 3 seperate games and then rinise and repeat 3 times ? heard 4 can get me banned. Another question is that the extra 20% is it from no man sky preorder ? if it is then do I have to buy off the game or just putting $5 enough ?

on to best buy with the game stop to best buy credit. If I purchase GCU will I instantly get access to it or do I have to wait for like a barcode ? Also what are the lmits of trading like will I get penalize if i trade the same game but diffrent systems ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1330826904

tom clancy is a 7 dollar flip so Im curious if I can just buy 2 of the same game with diffrent systems and get $14 profit

any help would be appreciated 

Just got back. Bought 2 copies and flipped one to each of my 2 local GameStops while I was out buying shit for a party I'm hosting tomorrow.

Went off without a hitch, thank you all for the help. If any of you live on Long Island, feel free to stop by tomorrow for a free hot dog or hamburger. ;)
What did you buy two of?

Does the No Man Sky trade boost count toward a PC copy? Are they even selling it outside of Steam? GS site only shows the PS4 edition.
I tried to preorder it before but gs says they're only selling the ps4 version. Steam and gog.com sell the PC versions. I don't know about any other sites.

I hate the associates who try to hide the fact that cash = credit.
I figured I'd run into that today but both guys who did my trade-ins gave me 0 problems when I asked for cash straight-up. Even the one at the bigger GameStop I'm not as tight with was surprisingly friendly. They also looked eerily similar to each other to the point where I wondered for a second if the guy worked at both somehow.

It's always fun when the guy ringing you up is visibly surprised by the trade-in value and makes a comment about it being a good deal. Happened both times.

Before I actually hit submit, I want to confirm that you can buy a gamestop gift card with gamestop gift cards online, correct?

I have 5 of those preowned gift cards and I want to consolidate them. The 2 stores I visited today would not let me. Online it is showing that the gift cards are applying but it still demands my CC info.

I want to make sure they won't magically reject the GCs last second and decide to charge my card.

I figured I'd run into that today but both guys who did my trade-ins gave me 0 problems when I asked for cash straight-up. Even the one at the bigger GameStop I'm not as tight with was surprisingly friendly. They also looked eerily similar to each other to the point where I wondered for a second if the guy worked at both somehow.

It's always fun when the guy ringing you up is visibly surprised by the trade-in value and makes a comment about it being a good deal. Happened both times.
my gamestop just straight up give me cash. he didn't even ask lol.

want to do redbox flip but 3 out 3 try all disk are paper copy :/.

I have aton of question but Ill start from the beggining . so I see that gamestop has a 3 games for 15% off which can be boomerang back for credit so my question is how many coppies can i trade back of the same game before I get banned. like Lego Star wars is an 8 dollar flip so can I trade in 3 of the same game for a $24 profit ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1424384180

or do I have to trade in 3 seperate games and then rinise and repeat 3 times ? heard 4 can get me banned. Another question is that the extra 20% is it from no man sky preorder ? if it is then do I have to buy off the game or just putting $5 enough ?

on to best buy with the game stop to best buy credit. If I purchase GCU will I instantly get access to it or do I have to wait for like a barcode ? Also what are the lmits of trading like will I get penalize if i trade the same game but diffrent systems ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1330826904

tom clancy is a 7 dollar flip so Im curious if I can just buy 2 of the same game with diffrent systems and get $14 profit

any help would be appreciated
Gamestop rules:

You are allowed to trade in up to 4 copies of a game per platform per rolling 30 days. The 5th one you trade in will get you banned.

Stores are not supposed to let you trade in more than one copy of a game per platform at once. You can't just buy 3 copies of Lego Star Wars for Xbox One and go to another store and expect to trade in all 3 at once. You will have to make multiple visits (whether it be different stores or different days).

You are supposed to be allowed to trade in one copy per platform in a single transaction. For example, you should be able to trade in Lego Star Wars for Xbox One and Xbox 360 in one trade. Some stores do not allow this though. It is really up to the associate and is not worth fighting over.

With Best Buy the GCU will unlock automatically if you buy it in store. I'm not sure about buying it online. With GCU, you have restrictions for buying and also for trading in.

For buying, you are allowed to buy up to 3 copies of a game per platform per rolling year. Even though the limit of trading in at GS is 4, I stick with 3 so that I stick within GCU limits and to give myself a cushion at GameStop for whatever reason.

For trading in, you are allowed to trade in up to 3 copies of a game per platform per rolling year. Unlike GameStop, you should be allowed to just walk in with all 3 copies and trade in at once.

My bad. Just assumed everyone knew since I already posted about it a few hours ago.

Rise of Tomb Raider for X1, I edited the original post for clarity.
And here I was thinking you traded in two Yarnies...

No Tomb Raiders available near me, and by the time they get here the TIV will drop. Probably. Maybe

And here I was thinking you traded in two Yarnies...

No Tomb Raiders available near me, and by the time they get here the TIV will drop. Probably. Maybe
Seriously? I know stores are different and all but my store had at least 15 copies on the racks and another 20-30 in the cages. You are looking up the Xbox One version and not the 360 one, right?

Gamestop rules:

You are allowed to trade in up to 4 copies of a game per platform per rolling 30 days. The 5th one you trade in will get you banned.

Stores are not supposed to let you trade in more than one copy of a game per platform at once. You can't just buy 3 copies of Lego Star Wars for Xbox One and go to another store and expect to trade in all 3 at once. You will have to make multiple visits (whether it be different stores or different days).

You are supposed to be allowed to trade in one copy per platform in a single transaction. For example, you should be able to trade in Lego Star Wars for Xbox One and Xbox 360 in one trade. Some stores do not allow this though. It is really up to the associate and is not worth fighting over.

With Best Buy the GCU will unlock automatically if you buy it in store. I'm not sure about buying it online. With GCU, you have restrictions for buying and also for trading in.

For buying, you are allowed to buy up to 3 copies of a game per platform per rolling year. Even though the limit of trading in at GS is 4, I stick with 3 so that I stick within GCU limits and to give myself a cushion at GameStop for whatever reason.

For trading in, you are allowed to trade in up to 3 copies of a game per platform per rolling year. Unlike GameStop, you should be allowed to just walk in with all 3 copies and trade in at once.
what about the 20% boost for trade in towards no man ? do I have to buy the game or is there a way to get the boost without buying it ?

I hate the associates who try to hide the fact that cash = credit.
I had one guy who was so eager to give me cash during the collectibles promotion that I turned my back to grab a 97 cent item about four feet behind me and turn back around and he's got a receipt and cash in his hand without ever asking if that was what I wanted.

I had one guy who was so eager to give me cash during the collectibles promotion that I turned my back to grab a 97 cent item about four feet behind me and turn back around and he's got a receipt and cash in his hand without ever asking if that was what I wanted.
Don't leave us hanging, what happened after that?

Seriously? I know stores are different and all but my store had at least 15 copies on the racks and another 20-30 in the cages. You are looking up the Xbox One version and not the 360 one, right?
I got the last one at my store and says fewer than 3 at the other stores. I think it was on sale recently, hopefully it holds so I can flip it into anther siege or primal back to BB.

I hate associates who try and act funny.

"Can I get cash instead of credit please?"

"No." And he just looks at me for a very long 3 seconds with a serious face before saying just kidding.

I know you are bored at your job but it's not fucking funny at all.
I have an associate at my closest store who does that quite literally for everything I ask for. As annoying as it is, he ultimately seems to let things slide more easily then the average employee so I still leave him great surveys.

The store I went to only had 3 out, and I looked in two different spots (first spot only had 1 and I was 100% sure there had to be at least one more around). To be fair though, this store has really been downsizing its game section over the past few years.

I guess they're dumping them for the new edition out later this year?

How come y'all are only just now doing the Rise of the Tomb Raider X1 flip? A week or so ago it was on sale for $15.99 at Target and traded in for the same amount at GS

Yup... my home store isn't the best. They have a huge game section, but the shelves are close to empty. They had about 7 copies of the used version, though. Closest store to me that had it was about 15 miles away, but i just got three wisdom teeth yanked out this morning, so ain't nobody got time for that.

Yup... my home store isn't the best. They have a huge game section, but the shelves are close to empty. They had about 7 copies of the used version, though. Closest store to me that had it was about 15 miles away, but i just got three wisdom teeth yanked out this morning, so ain't nobody got time for that.
That sucks, all three of the stores I most frequently go to have like 10+ copies in the cage :/ thought it was one of those games like Black Ops 3 where pretty much every BB has a bunch of copies.

How come y'all are only just now doing the Rise of the Tomb Raider X1 flip? A week or so ago it was on sale for $15.99 at Target and traded in for the same amount at GS
Had no idea. Was that a PM + Cartwheel thing? if so, then that's why. I also just assumed it got a recent bump up in TIV.

Maybe some are just trying to move bb credit to gs and most don't have target credit because loltarget

Wasn't the target thing just a price mistake between x1 and 360 versions that they corrected pretty quickly?

Had no idea. Was that a PM + Cartwheel thing? if so, then that's why. I also just assumed it got a recent bump up in TIV.
It was just Target's normal price for it, no Cartwheel involved. It got a bump this weekend and also got one last weekend.

Maybe some are just trying to move bb credit to gs and most don't have target credit because loltarget
You know Best Buy price matches Target, right? That's where I got all my copies last week.

Wasn't the target thing just a price mistake between x1 and 360 versions that they corrected pretty quickly?
As far as I know the price was reduced for both of them for at least three days.

A couple weekends ago the X1 version was $19.99 at Target and traded for $27.50 cash at GS. It was definitely talked about on this site.
You're right, the X1 version was $19.99 at Target and it was the 360 version that was $15.99, at BB before GCU. Still, just curious why so many people seem to be doing this flip/credit mover when it was available last week. I already did it four times so I've got nothing left to flip, since no BBs near me have the preowned flips in stock :/

It was just Target's normal price for it, no Cartwheel involved. It got a bump this weekend and also got one last weekend.

You know Best Buy price matches Target, right? That's where I got all my copies last week.

As far as I know the price was reduced for both of them for at least three days.

You're right, the X1 version was $19.99 at Target and it was the 360 version that was $15.99, at BB before GCU. Still, just curious why so many people seem to be doing this flip/credit mover when it was available last week. I already did it four times so I've got nothing left to flip, since no BBs near me have the preowned flips in stock :/
Forgot about price matching. I ended up flipping 1 copy since I was flipping other games anyway. If tomb raider was the only game to flip then I probably wouldn't have done it.

The one from target would've actually been better then, since you wouldn't have to use GCU and use 1 of 3 times you can use gcu on it if you price match

yeah BB PM but sometimes it takes forever to PM so its not really worth it.

yeah BB PM but sometimes it takes forever to PM so its not really worth it.
The longest it's taken for me is maybe... three minutes? And that's if they need a manager override. Usually the employee is able to do it themselves and it takes under a minute.

Since you're PMing it's best not to give your RZ info since you won't get the GCU discount anyway
Why wouldn't you? Free rewards points and progress towards Elite status... plus it doesn't count towards your "3 of the same game per year" limit

Only counts towards Elite status if you pay cash or credit card.

You're wrong on the three game limit though. It does count.
Nah almost positive it doesn't, or I would've been banned a year or more ago. The terms and conditions state specifically that the 20% discount can only be used on 3 games per platform per year, not that you can only buy 3 games per platform per year in general.

Nah almost positive it doesn't, or I would've been banned a year or more ago. The terms and conditions state specifically that the 20% discount can only be used on 3 games per platform per year, not that you can only buy 3 games per platform per year in general.
Nope you are wrong. Look at a receipt with a price match and youll see "video game bundle." When that appears, it means that gcu was applied before the price match.

You might not want to bring attention to your account then. If what you said is true, then dont go over again and probably it'll go unnoticed.

I would like to thank GS and BB for making it possible to get a free copy if Rainbow Six Seige for my Xbox. I was really on the fence about paying more than $20.

It does count, but GCU has been weird lately. I've been pushing my luck (traded in 4 copies of battleornb for ps4 a couple weeks ago and bought like 6 copies each of MGS V for PS3 and 360) but haven't been banned. All my points are still up and I'm all good. I really just wanted to test it out but they seem pretty lenient vs GameStop where you autoban at 5 copies
Unlike Gamestop, you aren't banned right away if you break GCU's rules.

It does count, but GCU has been weird lately. I've been pushing my luck (traded in 4 copies of battleornb for ps4 a couple weeks ago and bought like 6 copies each of MGS V for PS3 and 360) but haven't been banned. All my points are still up and I'm all good. I really just wanted to test it out but they seem pretty lenient vs GameStop where you autoban at 5 copies
If I remember correctly, I think bestbuy bans in waves and it might take awhile after you violate the terms that they drop the hammer. I think I remember reading about that happening last fall.

Forgive me for asking, but what's Gamestop's policy on trading in Redbox games (that I've purchased)? I'd prefer to not try and remove a label and wreck the disc.

Forgive me for asking, but what's Gamestop's policy on trading in Redbox games (that I've purchased)? I'd prefer to not try and remove a label and wreck the disc.
It's 50/50 if they take the game with the sticker on the middle of the disc. That sticker isn't hard to remove.

I've found that if you have a few in the mix with other games they always let them slide with the sticker. If you bring a bunch of only redbox games with stickers you may get shot down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back