GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing has changed. Over $2K of credit is an auto ban by the system. Anything less is DM initiated which has always been within their discretionary authority to do so. Anybody that got hit with a DM ban is basically on notice for that particular district. This is not to pile on but you need to learn to be more discreet with your trades. If I try to trade 4 copies of the same game to the same store, the same employees are bound to notice I'm trading in the same title on different days just to get around the rules. Any junior detective worth half his salt will notice you are being a blatant flipper and won't hesitate to narc you out.
Not sure $2k is autoban either. Pretty sure I was over $2k in trading credit summer of 2015.

"Discrete" trading is easy. Trade in less stuff less frequently. Personally speaking, while I never set out to get banned, the goal definitely wasn't to not get banned either. It was to make flipping worth my while.

If you don't want to get banned then stay well below the 4 copy limit and well below $2k and well below the rumored cash trade limit.

You holding onto them as an investment? :)
Might as well since I've already made my money back on them and 80 cents in GS credit is not worth it. They probably will be worth more in the future for people trying to get a complete star fox zero box set.

That's actually pretty sad considering that an argument can be made that star fox guard is at least almost as good if not better than Zero. Zero is a huge letdown, not just for me but for my son as well, he loves the 3ds one (says do a barrel roll all day!) Zero turns out to be a good co-op game but the mechanics are far too difficult for my son to play alone, I just make him fly while I shoot and even then I can't imagine doing both!

Yep Star Fox Guard is actually entertaining and makes for a decent non-gimmicky use of the gamepad. Star Fox Zero just sucks because of the forced gimmick controls. It's pretty funny that Guard has a 5 point higher metacritic rating than Zero when Guard was supposed to be the little bonus pack-in game

Despite some of the gimmicky crap Nintendo has pulled I'm still very excited for the NX. The only thing that makes me sad is if it doesn't play Wii u games, I won't be thrilled to buy a second for my living room. I've built up a nice collection for my son but it's hard for me to sit in his room to enjoy everything that the Wii u offers, which is a lot tbh

Just to be clear it's $2k in a month right? I've thinking about boomeranging some games at break even to get points. Contemplating if I want to go to the trouble of getting $105 in coupons, or if I even want a PS4 Pro in general. I'm thinking if I could get $225 or so for my 1TB PS4 it might be worth it with coupons.

Just to be clear it's $2k in a month right? I've thinking about boomeranging some games at break even to get points. Contemplating if I want to go to the trouble of getting $105 in coupons, or if I even want a PS4 Pro in general. I'm thinking if I could get $225 or so for my 1TB PS4 it might be worth it with coupons.
Rolling 30 days, not month.

For this with BB credit and wanting to do the Naruto/dark souls promo at GS here's some titles which will get a guaranteed $25 base.
-Lego Jurassic World PS4/XB1(Amazon has them for less than $16 each)
-Assassins Creed Syndicate PS4 ($18.90 on Amazon)
-Red Dead Redemption GOTY ($15.99/$19.99 @ BB)

What the hell. Yesterday afternoon, Ghostbusters was $10 base. Checked around 1am this morning and it was $15 base. Checked again just right now and it was $10 base again.

Nice, put 5$ on CoD and got 100$ in credit. Flipped TMNT that I PMed at BB and traded a few games I'll rebuy from the PSN sales toward the spend 100 promo.

At times like this I wish that gamestop sold tvs, even if they were a little over priced. I was close to running out of credit from cashing out but now I am back up to ~$1,500

Since this thread is mostly about flipping, most people here would assume you want to use a trade in promotion that requires you to buy a game and then exchange that for something you really want. Some employees will see that if you use your regular receipt and might reduce the exchange value. Getting a gift receipt reduces that chance.

If you didn't take advantage of some promotion to get your game, then there should be no problem in exchanging it.

Since this thread is mostly about flipping, most people here would assume you want to use a trade in promotion that requires you to buy a game and then exchange that for something you really want. Some employees will see that if you use your regular receipt and might reduce the exchange value. Getting a gift receipt reduces that chance.

If you didn't take advantage of some promotion to get your game, then there should be no problem in exchanging it.
No promo. I just dont want the game, hence it being sealed, for a game I do want. Instead of doing a return then buy, I rather just do an even exchange if possible

Ladies and fellas, I just wanted to make absoultely sure. The rolling month trade limit on a particular item is 4 correct? I saw too many 3s to be comfortable trading this 4th without asking first. 

Ladies and fellas, I just wanted to make absoultely sure. The rolling month trade limit on a particular item is 4 correct? I saw too many 3s to be comfortable trading this 4th without asking first.
It is 4 but I just stick with 3 as a safeguard and because it's the limit you can buy with GCU at BB.

Looks like GS did some midday TIV drops again. Just noticed Street Fighter V went from $14 base this morning to $13 base this afternoon while tetsing redbox code. Will shoot off another query.

Looks like GS did some midday TIV drops again. Just noticed Street Fighter V went from $14 base this morning to $13 base this afternoon while tetsing redbox code. Will shoot off another query.
looks like the pull indicated it's back to $14 base. I was about to make a run today as it's a good even (points only) boomerang. Also been lucky enough to find a couple Tony Hawks at Redbox the past couple days to pair up with SF and NFS.

Anyone know how much the xbox 1tb white slims TIV are? 

I don't see it listed on their site but don't see the psvr either. You'd think one of the slims would be listed. 

Anyone know how much the xbox 1tb white slims TIV are?

I don't see it listed on their site but don't see the psvr either. You'd think one of the slims would be listed.
I had to call the store to get a TIV on the PSVR. The guy was surprised that I even asked for a TIV.

I had to call the store to a TIV on the PSVR. The guy was surprised that I even asked for a TIV.
Honestly the VR headset is something I think I would only buy used if I bought it off a family member or something. I mean I am sure they will be cleaned and such but its something thats been on a strangers head of which you dunno if they have lice or something. Just seems like something werid to buy used, I mean its the same way with headsets how often and who actually buys used headsets?

5 Games were added midday-

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X :ps4:
Disney Magical World 2 Nintendo :3ds:
DriveClub VR :ps4:
Prototype: Biohazard Bundle - Only at GameStop :ps4:
Prototype: Biohazard Bundle - Only at GameStop :xb1:

All Midday TIV changes
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=965622796

5 Games were added midday-
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X :ps4:
Disney Magical World 2 Nintendo :3ds:
DriveClub VR :ps4:
Prototype: Biohazard Bundle - Only at GameStop :ps4:
Prototype: Biohazard Bundle - Only at GameStop :xb1:
Heads up, the spreadsheet has 3DS LEGO Star Wars: TFA costing $0 for GS Pre-owned, which is way off.

Honestly the VR headset is something I think I would only buy used if I bought it off a family member or something. I mean I am sure they will be cleaned and such but its something thats been on a strangers head of which you dunno if they have lice or something. Just seems like something werid to buy used, I mean its the same way with headsets how often and who actually buys used headsets?
Ha ha ha. Not if the used controllers and handhelds around my area are any indication.

I've traded more than 4 copies (I think 7 to be exact) of TMNT Mutants in Manhattan for PS4 in the past 2 months on the same account and I still haven't been banned. Am I just getting lucky or is a ban wave gonna launch soon?

I've traded more than 4 copies (I think 7 to be exact) of TMNT Mutants in Manhattan for PS4 in the past 2 months on the same account and I still haven't been banned. Am I just getting lucky or is a ban wave gonna launch soon?
Limit is 4 copies in a month. You probably didn't cross the limit in a given month and considering the fact that you were not keeping track, you were incredibly lucky.

Local store gave me a hard time about trading two copies of tmnt.

Luckily someone I know showed up with her kids and traded the other one for me.

Cancelled 3 paid in full pre orders. Not sure if anyone else cares but I cancelled the cod advanced warfare legacy pro just fine. I have the cod 4 remaster and I'm almost done with the single player.

The beta for infinite warfare is trash. Not worth it to play the old game.

I thought that the ban limit was 4 in 30 days but they don't care about 2 per platform..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back