GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubtful on their online availability. BestBuy ran the deal online for MyBB Elite and their deal gave a free version of Fallout 4 and took $20 off an extra controller. Likewise the $30 games with $4.99 XBL Gold was also not in effect. In other words you're gonna have to go out there and as far as I know it's gonna be a ticketed thing.

That's why I'm cool with going to GameStop. Don't like it very much, but sure beats being out there and the branded backpack is pretty snazzy even though my store only had 1 which I scooped up on account of a short shipment. I expect the same thing to happen at BB since the controller that's free is only the all blue exclusive BB one and no one knows how many they have in stock. Surely not 50 of em
I'm not quite sure what all you're trying to say here. What backpack at you talking about? Also, the only controller I can definitively say I want and like is the blue one, so I'm fine with that. Not everything that will be available online was part of the Early Access, so I'm not worried about that. My concern was which retailers will have that N3DS online for $100. I'd like to get one myself and 2 as gifts, but that seems unlikely. I'll certainly give it a go anyway. I think they'll be there, even if they're super-limited online, especially since amazon is going to have them (based on their listing it on their site, at least).

I have no concerns with the XB1S deals. They are plentiful all over. I could find any number of better options than what GS is offering. Worst-case scenario, all GS is doing is price matching what every other retailer is doing. If there was some kind of technological catastrophe that caused every other XB1S deal to sell out before I could buy something at midnight online, I could still get then what I could get tomorrow. Dell, Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and probably the MS Store will have better deals than GameStop's simple $50 off.

i apologize in advance because i'm sure someone else has already answered this, but can you still buy phone cards/restaurant cards/gas cards with gamestop trade credit? i know they stopped doing ebay/amazon. thanks...
Gas is for sure dead. Restaurant still works and I'm not sure about phone cards but I'm gonna say yes.

Had the same thing tonight. These flippin' guys. All that you mentioned plus "Your PUR doesn't expire for TWO years! Man you just go that hard, or what?"
Me: uhhh GameStop just had a deal to re-up on Pro day where you got a future 50% trade coupon and possibly an extra b2g1"
Dude:Really? They didn't tell us about that! Why don't they tell us these things??"

(it was in the flyer that week too, lol)
This is exactly what happens to me every time. The same guy, really cool dude too, always acts surprised by my 180,000 points, which isn't really that much as some CAGs have reached 7 digit numbers already. He acts like I'm Warren Buffet or something and tells all his coworkers to come look at the points. Even tells some of the people waiting on line. Always asks me if I want to use the points on the purchase too, which would be incredibly stupid to redeem those overpriced coupons.

I'm just gonna troll him next time and say the most ridiculous things, "I won the Gamestop Lottery!" or "I come from the future and know which games will be valuable over time."

So I did a little experimentation towards the $40 promo credit towards CoD today and here is what I noticed:

The $10 PUR discount coupon will combine with the $5 PRO day generic coupon.  This is the best way to maximize your transaction.  However, the $40 boost will get nullified once you scan the $10 discount code.  

At first, I had the cashier ring up Gears 4 with CoD.  The promo came up $41 for me and the PDA came up with a net due amount of $2.60(?).  I had the cashier scan my $10 discount and then it brought the game down to $30 but it knocked the $41 boost down to $32 (50% and 10% PRO promo value) but my net due amount came out to $0.69.  I then had the cashier type in the generic $5 boost and it stacked so it gave me $4.31 back in trade credit.  If you're trying to recalculate it, my tax rate is 9%.  I was more concerned with my net total than memorizing the boosted values sorry.

Lastly, I intentionally separated my Gears trade from the rest of my stack because I believe the POS won't allow you to combine two trade promos.  It's either one or the other.  So if you want to re-use the generic coupon in separate transactions with the same employee that's going to be YMMV.  Basically exchanging Gears 4 towards CoD and getting a few dollars back in trade is what I got.

thanks everyone and blackbeard for the Xenoverse flip. Thank you for all your hard work every day. 

12c2156cf6828f2121162dc4b3e90da8.jpg

So I did a little experimentation towards the $40 promo credit towards CoD today and here is what I noticed:

The $10 PUR discount coupon will combine with the $5 PRO day generic coupon. This is the best way to maximize your transaction. However, the $40 boost will get nullified once you scan the $10 discount code.

At first, I had the cashier ring up Gears 4 with CoD. The promo came up $41 for me and the PDA came up with a net due amount of $2.60(?). I had the cashier scan my $10 discount and then it brought the game down to $30 but it knocked the $41 boost down to $32 (50% and 10% PRO promo value) but my net due amount came out to $0.69. I then had the cashier type in the generic $5 boost and it stacked so it gave me $4.31 back in trade credit. If you're trying to recalculate it, my tax rate is 9%. I was more concerned with my net total than memorizing the boosted values sorry.

Lastly, I intentionally separated my Gears trade from the rest of my stack because I believe the POS won't allow you to combine two trade promos. It's either one or the other. So if you want to re-use the generic coupon in separate transactions with the same employee that's going to be YMMV. Basically exchanging Gears 4 towards CoD and getting a few dollars back in trade is what I got.
Yeah, I saw something similar, that's what I figured happened. It was really dumb. Xenoverse was trading for $40 anyway, but because of the trade deal with the select games, it knocked off my $10 off coupon. I can't remember if that thing expires today or tomorrow, hopefully the latter, and I can try it again with a second copy and something not a part of that deal.

The free backpack that comes with a 1 tb one s is garbage. I asked about it today and wow it is bad . It reminds me of some free lunch bag you'd get from somewhere but bigger. It has a Gamestop logo on the side and cheap faux leather straps that close the top.

The pre-BF ad says that you get a free Destiny: The Collection with any new PS4 system purchase. Does this work for PS4 Pro systems as well? Had an employee tell me no today but she's one who usually doesn't know what she's talking about

The pre-BF ad says that you get a free Destiny: The Collection with any new PS4 system purchase. Does this work for PS4 Pro systems as well? Had an employee tell me no today but she's one who usually doesn't know what she's talking about
I have the paper ad in my hand and it states ANY PS4 system purchase, so there's no way they can deny you. My local GS employees confirmed it, and several CAG's have gotten the deal today.

Okay guys, kinda of a noobish question. I have a bunch of Dreamcast games that are really scratched. Nothing you can put your fingernail in or anything. Do they charge refurb on retro or not?

Also why do I keep seeing $208 for my 1tb Xbox One? Wouldn't it just be $195? Am I missing something?
I traded a bunch of random stuff in tonight. every single one of my wii discs got hit w fees (and honestly they weren't great since they were all yardsale buys), none of the retro stuff got hit with fees though. I traded in a bunch of snes and n64 carts and a PS1 disk. no penalties on the yellow snes I traded in w a corner crack either. she did require that I provide ac adapter/av cable/controller for each retro console.

Curious now...how many times have you guys used the $5 extra trade in coupon? I'm afraid of using it multiple times because I don't wanna get flagged.

Curious now...how many times have you guys used the $5 extra trade in coupon? I'm afraid of using it multiple times because I don't wanna get flagged.
I used four times yesterday when doing the Xenoverse 2 trade, and once about a week ago when it first came out. I actually asked a bunch of those "tickets" from my store, so I just now go with several of these cards and use one per trade transaction.

All of you guys trading in a dreamcast or vita kinda make me sad. But then I realize I traded my old vita in today for twice as much as I paid for my new one I just got. :) may have to hoard some dreamcasts from a flash sale at GameStop in the near future.

$900 in credit. Sorta overshot there as I was only aiming for about $500, but got carried away with moving BB credit to GS. Could have gotten an extra $30 with the bonus $5 coupon, but I just figured they would shoot me down if I showed a pic of the coupon from my phone.

I had 1-2 employees tell me the same thing. I was on the fence in regards to whether or not I should get a PS4 Pro, but I'm glad they made my purchase decision easier for me :roll:

It's kind of addicting.
Lol, it is. Gonna be hard getting my head back on straight and returning to the real world though, as I am in "trading" mode right now :p Speaking of which, if the B2G1 applies to controllers tomorrow the DS4 may be a good way of rolling credit. Should be an easy $25 in credit if you buy 3 then turn around and trade them at another store.

Lol, it is. Gonna be hard getting my head back on straight and returning to the real world though, as I am in "trading" mode right now :p
It's rough when you can't do anything, BUT you send your super uncertain co-worker to do trades for you and he gets so much trade credit he calls you up breathing heavy like he's done something wrong. Lmao

I have the paper ad in my hand and it states ANY PS4 system purchase, so there's no way they can deny you. My local GS employees confirmed it, and several CAG's have gotten the deal today.

Yeah I figured she was full of shit lol. Thanks!
I had to to get an override to get it free. It doesn't ring up automatically with PRO console but since the print ad said ANY PS4 she gave it to me.

I have a question. What is the most tactful (maybe not the right word) way to ask the employees for a SEALED copy of the game. For some reason they act like that is a weird request. I was going to get a copy of Rocksmith Remastered, but then they began fishing through the drawer with all the CD sleeves and I was like...

mark-henry-finger.gif

I have a question. What is the most tactful (maybe not the right word) way to ask the employees for a SEALED copy of the game. For some reason they act like that is a weird request. I was going to get a copy of Rocksmith Remastered, but then they began fishing through the drawer with all the CD sleeves and I was like...

mark-henry-finger.gif
if they're doing that chances are it's the last copy.

Just ask if they have a sealed one, if you want an excuse say it's a gift for someone.

mark-henry-finger.gif
I dunno, when I'm interested in a game, I'll ask if they have any sealed copies - if they say no, I just move on. They've never questioned it or ask why.

Is there any easy way to move GS credit somewhere else now that they no longer allow it to be used on third party gift cards?
You can actually still use it on most gift cards, just can't use it on - Gas / eBay / Amazon (I may be missing something else). I used it to buy food gcs (taco bell / wendys etc.) and steam gcs. It is harder though to move credit to Best Buy, if thats what you're trying to do.

if they're doing that chances are it's the last copy.

Just ask if they have a sealed one, if you want an excuse say it's a gift for someone.
Maybe. I got 2 copies DBZ Xenoverse 2, both of which were opened (that didn't bother me as I went to trade those in to separate stores), which made me think maybe they opened all copies of new games? I am still mulling over the PS4 Pro purchase decision, and if I get it I want a sealed copy of Destiny that I can easily sell on Ebay or Amazon as "new" to maximize my return.

I dunno, when I'm interested in a game, I'll ask if they have any sealed copies - if they say no, I just move on. They've never questioned it or ask why.
I told the guy I didn't want Rocksmith Remastered after I saw that the game was opened (and the cord look like it had been unwound - really no reason for that either) and he kept trying to push the game on me even though I told him 2-3 times I had changed my mind and didn't want the game.

Traded all my Pokemon's x/y/alpha/omega after realizing my son really doesn't need all 4 plus the sun and Moon I got for him.

Also got rid of two fire emblems along with my new3dsxl ($150!) and infinite warfare towards another infinite warfare.

I'm hoping I can snag a new3ds on black Friday if not I decided that I'm perfectly content holding out until the Switch comes to throw my $350 at.

Traded in my PS4 (with a 1TB drive inside). Took a while to finish the trade in cause they didnt have a SKU for it so the clerks had to call their manager and got the ok to count it as a COD BO PS4 since thats the only other PS4 to have a 1TB drive inside it besides the Pro. Also ended up trading a second Dual Shock 4 and got $227 for everything. Not bad.

The $5 coupon adds $5 trade credit to 1 item in your transaction.

It was given out on pro day but is a generic code that anyone can use over and over. THIS COUPON DOES STACK WITH THE 50% BOOST.

Games/systems/accessories have to have a base value of atleast $5. I just showed them the code and the cashier typed it in, as I didn't have the physical coupon.

EBC3053891

Is there any easy way to move GS credit somewhere else now that they no longer allow it to be used on third party gift cards?
Yes, DBZ X2 trades in to BBY for $30 base, so you'll only lose on tax (if your charged on it at all with credit) if buying from GS

couple of questions, no one has to answer if they are stupid ones. how many of the same game can you trade in at best buy? i want to convert my boomerangs from gamestop that i did yesterday. Also, when will we find out if any of the values dropped today at gamestop and what new boomerang list are you guys referring to? thanks

I want to get rid of my amiibo collection (34 in total :dunce: ) and can get $51 credit with the 50% bonus, with which I'm perfectly fine.  Is there even a market for these things any more that would make it worthwhile trying to get more elsewhere?  Also, would you all recommend getting the Call of Duty Legacy collection for $21 after trade-in if I'm simply playing the single-player campaigns?  I never played Modern Warfare and am not too into shooters, but greatly enjoyed Titanfall 2 as it sort of played like Metroid Prime with all of the platforming bits.

mark-henry-finger.gif
When I ask for my game I specifically say "I need a factoryse sealed copy" and when buying used games I tell them which game and then "with the original artwork".

Will one of the east coasters do a b2g1 on hardware or atleast a test purchase to see if it rings up automatically or if there has to be an overide like the last time they did the b2g1 this summer. Ty

couple of questions, no one has to answer if they are stupid ones. how many of the same game can you trade in at best buy? i want to convert my boomerangs from gamestop that i did yesterday. Also, when will we find out if any of the values dropped today at gamestop and what new boomerang list are you guys referring to? thanks
Best Buy policy is 3 per title per platform every 12 months. So 3 XB1 copies and 3 PS4 copies

GS app just had the values "updated in the past couple min, from what I see: COD IW held, DBZ held, many consoles held, etc.

I want to get rid of my amiibo collection (34 in total :dunce: ) and can get $51 credit with the 50% bonus, with which I'm perfectly fine. Is there even a market for these things any more that would make it worthwhile trying to get more elsewhere? Also, would you all recommend getting the Call of Duty Legacy collection for $21 after trade-in if I'm simply playing the single-player campaigns? I never played Modern Warfare and am not too into shooters, but greatly enjoyed Titanfall 2 as it sort of played like Metroid Prime with all of the platforming bits.
I pmed you about the amiibo. In regards to the COD Campaign I think COD4 is a classic campaign, Much different from Titanfall 2 and much slower paced but a classic nonetheless. The Infinite Warfare has been pretty fun of what I have played so far as well. I think totally worth the $21 bucks.

Traded in my launch PS4 for a Pro last night. $187.50 for the PS4.

I asked about Destiny and one dude had no idea what I was talking about and another kept saying it only works with the Uncharted bundle. I noticed an ad right at the register that showed it and he finally rang it up.

I'm wanting to pick up Uncharted 4 which GS has used for $39.99 before PUR. Does anyone have a recommendation for similar or lower price games that I could trade back with the B2G1 to bring the price down a little?

I'm wanting to pick up Uncharted 4 which GS has used for $39.99 before PUR. Does anyone have a recommendation for similar or lower price games that I could trade back with the B2G1 to bring the price down a little?
A lot of the recent releases/hot titles net $40 - NBA 2K, CoD, etc. which are $49. All 3 would cost you $100, get you back $80 for 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back