GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there supposed to be a price change between now and then?
Some people are speculating that there will be a bump in base values that will then stack with the 60% extra for the Switch game or accessory promo. No one has any proof that this will occur. Your choices are to cash out now or wait until the weekend to see if the values change. Like others, I said to hell with it and traded most of my games tonight. The only ones I didn't have to trade tonight were my copies of Fire Emblem: Conquest that are en route from Best Buy that I bought online. But GameStop is like the stock market - hold out or let it ride!!!

This is a great promo, but the GS employees don't have a clue, including the store leader.
Rant incoming, spoiler:
I come in with 25 games and 2 controllers. Let her start the trade-in while I shop around.
I ask her to put $20 towards my Zelda BOTW preorder. The 50% bump kicks in the register just as it's supposed to. She removes it in disbelief. I show her the promo on GameStop.com on my phone. She still doesn't believe me. She says she only knows of the 20% trade boost towards FH, HW2, or HZD. I say I don't want those games or 20%. She says she cannot process the 50% trade-in if she's not aware of the promo otherwise it would be considered fraud. She calls a different store and they have no clue either. The other employee at the same store has no clue, but finds it on the tablet. He shows it to her and they process it.
They would not take my far cry primal for the Xbox one because I was already trading far cry primal for the PS4. They said that it's against store policy. I told her it's not, but fine.
She offered to put the trade credit on my power up pro card. I said no I want it on the trade credit card. She says no and swiped my pro card anyway.
I thank her and leave the store. I check the receipt and realized that she never processed my RE7 trade, nor did she return it to me. I go back in the store and asked her what happened. She said the scanner did not recognize the barcode for RE7 and she forgot to manually enter it. She says that she will apply the 50% boost for RE7. But I said no thanks as I had to leave and hit another store.
I feel like burning her on a survey, but ultimately she did process my trade. She made several mistakes in one transaction and nearly stole my RE7. On the other hand, I want to be in this game for the long run. I don't want to attract unnecessary attention, but feel like I already have. Power to the CAGs !!!

This is a great promo, but the GS employees don't have a clue, including the store leader.
Rant incoming, spoiler:
I come in with 25 games and 2 controllers. Let her start the trade-in while I shop around.
I ask her to put $20 towards my Zelda BOTW preorder. The 50% bump kicks in the register just as it's supposed to. She removes it in disbelief. I show her the promo on GameStop.com on my phone. She still doesn't believe me. She says she only knows of the 20% trade boost towards FH, HW2, or HZD. I say I don't want those games or 20%. She says she cannot process the 50% trade-in if she's not aware of the promo otherwise it would be considered fraud. She calls a different store and they have no clue either. The other employee at the same store has no clue, but finds it on the tablet. He shows it to her and they process it.
They would not take my far cry primal for the Xbox one because I was already trading far cry primal for the PS4. They said that it's against store policy. I told her it's not, but fine.
She offered to put the trade credit on my power up pro card. I said no I want it on the trade credit card. She says no and swiped my pro card anyway.
I thank her and leave the store. I check the receipt and realized that she never processed my RE7 trade, nor did she return it to me. I go back in the store and asked her what happened. She said the scanner did not recognize the barcode for RE7 and she forgot to manually enter it. She says that she will apply the 50% boost for RE7. But I said no thanks as I had to leave and hit another store.
I feel like burning her on a survey, but ultimately she did process my trade. She made several mistakes in one transaction and nearly stole my RE7. On the other hand, I want to be in this game for the long run. I don't want to attract unnecessary attention, but feel like I already have. Power to the CAGs !!!
It was good that you checked your receipt. Otherwise you might have gotten screwed. During the last promo, I was able to trade Skyrim Legendary Editions for both PS3 and 360 in the same transactions at two different stores. I put one on the top of the stack and put one near the bottom and had no problem. Sounds like this woman had a bug up her butt, but it's good that you were vigilant since you had so many games. I've never traded that many games in one transaction though. You're my hero!

Gamestop has just updated the TIV, 50% extra if you preorder any Switch games / accessories, live now.
florau.jpg

What would you burn her for? For being an idiot?
Yes mostly. I appreciate the promo and her eventually processing the trade. Her CS skills definitely need work. As usual CAGs are more knowledgeable than GS employees when it comes to store policy and trade promo. I'm pissed that she almost stole my RE7. Rant done.
On a more positive note I randomly picked up the sole NES classic at Walmart after hitting up 2 GameStops!!
Insert Ice Cube it was a good day meme.

I've never traded that many games in one transaction though. You're my hero!
Last month during the 50% pur pro renewal boost I traded 40 games/controllers for $1050 trade credit. That was the most I ever did in one transaction. Excellent customer service during that transaction. I got $1645 in trade credit in 30 days and dodged a trade ban. Good times!

I have to know, do you guys not calculate your totals beforehand? I always go in knowing exactly how much I should get and if it doesn't match then I scroll through my list on the terminal.

Why does everyone think TIV will tank? They are already tanked. However if they can get any lower Friday would be your deadline. BTW the 24th is the last Friday of the month, if there is any day a bump happens it will be the 24th, 25th, and 26th.

Why does everyone think TIV will tank? They are already tanked. However if they can get any lower Friday would be your deadline. BTW the 24th is the last Friday of the month, if there is any day a bump happens it will be the 24th, 25th, and 26th.
I was going to ask for your input on when they would do it, but like always you came out and told us on your own. I knew you were watching over us.

I'm talking about the bump and not the dump of course

Thanks Beard, I did a bunch today just cause. Will go back next Saturday when my revolving 30 days hits on some of my other items.

Went to 6 gamestops after work today. At all of them they had the $5 coupon taped to the computer and just scanned it immediately upon starting a trade in- Nice

I was going to ask for your input on when they would do it, but like always you came out and told us on your own. I knew you were watching over us.

I'm talking about the bump and not the dump of course
Thanks Beard, I did a bunch today just cause. Will go back next Saturday when my revolving 30 days hits on some of my other items.
Not confirming anything just speculation based on the past. I think last year bumps usually happened the last Friday of the month and lasted through the weekend. Feb. - Oct. this was the case mostly and November I believe it was the last Friday but it was killed Saturday, December happened before the holidays for obvious reasons and January happen mid way through the month because of Switch pre-orders.

Store dude charged me $4 fee per game for not having the boxes. Also told me the $5 card can only be used at the store it was given out. Is this a new policy?
No way, you should have told the guy to cancel the whole transaction and asked for the name of store manager, that's outrageous and he just stole money from you, twice., its a well known fact gs throws out cases all the time and people are showing photos of the coupon on their phone and being allowed to use it, if you had one there was no need not to let you use it.

Closest store to me got a manager with aspirations to be Sherlock Holmes. Shame cause I used to like that store. Now they just crack jokes when I ask for ps4 versions of games instead of Xbox and refuse to give out the $5 trade card ever.

When I got evil within for ps4 the other day I was legitimately annoyed when he says "the ps4 has an evil within it... Sony"

Closest store to me got a manager with aspirations to be Sherlock Holmes. Shame cause I used to like that store. Now they just crack jokes when I ask for ps4 versions of games instead of Xbox and refuse to give out the $5 trade card ever.

When I got evil within for ps4 the other day I was legitimately annoyed when he says "the ps4 has an evil within it... Sony"
The mean manager always asks if I'm going to keep the game. It's so annoying. I'll just return it to a different store.

Titanfall 2 that is on Sale at BB today is a decent mover/flip   -  should trade in for $32 at GS with PUR.   Actually even better if you use it with the Visa check out promo.  

Repost of the code:

Just the barcode:

Blackbeard's generic coupon version:

Someone else please post this in the wiki and state it's good until 2/28. Every time I try to edit the wiki it just "loads" forever.

If I'm missing like $20 to pay for my Switch, will they accept 6 Titanfall 2 games even if if I go way over of what is owed? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes you can go over but the odds of your GameStop allowing you to trade in 6 titanfalls at once is slim. I'm pretty sure it breaks the policy and might get someone to flag your account.

Yes you can go over but the odds of your GameStop allowing you to trade in 6 titanfalls at once is slim. I'm pretty sure it breaks the policy and might get someone to flag your account.
Thanks bud, I've turned it 3 and 3 separately at different GameStop's and I haven't been flagged. But thanks for the info, will into it.

Best thing to do in this particular instance is to trade in a copy for Xbox One and PS4. They have no issue with that. I do believe I asked them once about this though, trading in multiple copies of the same game, and they said so long as I brought in the receipt I would be fine. Not sure how true that is or how YMMV that is, but he could try that.

Thanks bud, I've turned it 3 and 3 separately at different GameStop's and I haven't been flagged. But thanks for the info, will into it.

Don't go over the 4 copies per platform, or you'll get banned. Granted GCU you're only allowed 3 copies per platform, which I'm guessing you meant by "3 and 3"?

Don't go over the 4 copies per platform, or you'll get banned. Granted GCU you're only allowed 3 copies per platform, which I'm guessing you meant by "3 and 3"?
Yes, that's what I meant.
3 for Xb1, 3 for PS4. I never do 4 of the same console in year.

Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it.

The system won't stop you but I believe it's policy to only allow one per platform per day. Some are more strict but it isn't worth the hassle of arguing and potential nosy associate.

Best thing to do in this particular instance is to trade in a copy for Xbox One and PS4. They have no issue with that. I do believe I asked them once about this though, trading in multiple copies of the same game, and they said so long as I brought in the receipt I would be fine. Not sure how true that is or how YMMV that is, but he could try that.
I've never been told that they'll accept multiple copies with a receipt, but the policy does say that they'd be willing to accept new items with one. I've been a little successful doing this when trading Redbox games whose stickers were too tricky to take off cleanly. Some were happy with me showing the receipt and others still wouldn't accept the games.

Has anyone had a bad experience with using trade credit for purchases on GameStop's website? I'm considering a few purchases on the site since they have some stuff that I might want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back