GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems like a simple question, but it feels complicated.

I want to leave the charging cable that comes with the Switch connected to the dock, and use a second cable/plug to use on the go. I bought the Pro controller, which I know comes with another USB-C cable, so I'm set there. What I need to know is, can I use any of the USB plugs I've got laying around? I've got a couple from recent phones. Do I need to be careful about wattage or amps or anything? Don't want to fry my new baby day one. Thanks!

did you update the neon too? cant believe its still in stock locally, almost tempted to go get it.
Did just now, it dropped in half too. Also I over heard employees telling people who showed up at midnight with no pre-order (Yes like half a dozen people did this) that they may not get more for a couple weeks and when they do it will be like 2-3 units per week.

Found more locations with Master Editions, couple even say they are "In Stock" (3 or more) I am assuming these are canceled pre-orders.
Hmm, just went to the Indianapolis one and they said they didn't have any, but they said that like "wellllll....nooooo.....weee dont have any".

Says it is in stock but they claim they don't have one. Guessing they are holding some for employees. Well more mystery grab bags as PUR rewards. 

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare - Mystery Bundle
Get this Call of Duty mystery bundle while supplies last! We think its contents are the bomb... toasted bomb, that is. 
Probably the Monkey Bomb

Slightly Damaged Mystery Grab Bag - Star Wars
This slightly damaged Mystery Star Wars bag is one that you don't want to miss. LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE 

Slightly Damaged Mystery Grab Bag - Comics

Slightly Damaged Mystery Grab Bag - Funko Pop!
Get these slightly damaged Funko Pop! figures today!

Slightly Damaged Product - Mystery Grab Bag Little Big Planet

Slightly Damaged Product - Mystery Grab Bag Sale: 9 Items!!
The items in this mystery grab bag are slightly damaged... but still awesome. Don't miss out on your chance to score great products at a greatly reduced price!

Did just now, it dropped in half too. Also I over heard employees telling people who showed up at midnight with no pre-order (Yes like half a dozen people did this) that they may not get more for a couple weeks and when they do it will be like 2-3 units per week.
I always take that talk with a grain of salt. The employees at my store were telling people they needed to buy the pro controller and the carrying cases because they won't get them back in stock.

Hmm, just went to the Indianapolis one and they said they didn't have any, but they said that like "wellllll....nooooo.....weee dont have any".
Running it right now and it was one of the first locations to pop up and it still says Low Stock. So far between the NES Classic and the Switch GS employees are shady as fuck at holding this stuff back if their SM is doing it too.

Playing the crap out of Zelda today. This Pro Controllee might be the most comfortable gaming controller I've ever used. Blows the Xbox One controller out of the water, that's for sure. Highly recommend these to anyone with a Switch.

I might end up trading in the comfort grip that came with the Switch and putting it toward a second. Hope they put up TIV for the Switch soon lol.

Running it right now and it was one of the first locations to pop up and it still says Low Stock. So far between the NES Classic and the Switch GS employees are shady as fuck at holding this stuff back if their SM is doing it too.
A nice test would be someone was able to snag one and then see how fast the scan reflects it. That Indy location was definitely not on the original list of 3.

still there...killing me :wall:

never mind, called and they said they dont have any, so they either are holding it or just are telling people they dont.
I've called several that said in Stock on the sheet only to be told they were sold out. Def seems like there holding some back

Shoot, I bought one but didn't open it. Guess I'm returning it. What does it look like?
It overlays badly onto the device itself. I compared a couple today in a store and they all seem to be like that. I ordered the Hori $9.99 one from Amazon and it will be here Sunday so I will compare them then.

It overlays badly onto the device itself. I compared a couple today in a store and they all seem to be like that. I ordered the Hori $9.99 one from Amazon and it will be here Sunday so I will compare them then.
If you're talking about the Hori Standard Screen Protector, there was a review that says it slightly peels off due to the heat of the console.

Nevermind, turns out it was for the Premium.

Some guy on /r/nintendoswitch already got the blue screen of death
I went to bestbuy earlier and noticed there were 2 switch boxes in their defective cart, asked the guy and he said they were returned defective. Looks like some Switch consoles have issues at launch.

If you're talking about the Hori Standard Screen Protector, there was a review that says it slightly peels off due to the heat of the console.

Nevermind, turns out it was for the Premium.
Well I'm willing to try it at least because the PDP looks like shit.

While ringing up the switch, the employee tried to sell me the warranty by claiming Gamestop won't accept defective returns for the first wave of Switch consoles. He said any issues have to go through Nintendo directly. Is that even legal? I was sure it was just a script but he looked dead serious.
that is why im not sure where to buy it yet

Best buy or gamestop

trying to figure who still be around in 2 years lol

I really hope that we get another stealth bump like last Monday. I missed out on it and was going to trade in my games on Tuesday but it didn't last that long.

Man, I guess no one wants a switch in the Houston area. I have 2 preorders and having trouble finding people to buy them even for cost.
Considering every non-GameStop store I visited has 40+ in stock, and I live in a smaller town, I'm not surprised by that.

Kind of surprised since I had no problem getting a PS4 on launch day.
tenor.gif

So one thing my store did for me since I didn't get a switch, is that I now have a new thing in my Pre Order tab in my app that says Switch Information Sign Up.

Any idea how this works?

Thanks whoever suggested buying retro games and reselling.  I got 18 GC games from B2G1 retro sale along with a GC from a local gameshop.  Only 3 of hte 18 didn't work.  That's pretty good for GS.  

Man, I guess no one wants a switch in the Houston area. I have 2 preorders and having trouble finding people to buy them even for cost.
Same here, threw my up and got an offer at $420 with Zelda. I was like no thanks that's only like $30 over retail and my time was worth then that getting this thing. I ended up opening mine to keep. I picked up Snipperclips, 1 2 Switch, and Bomberman.

there is way too many folks selling the switch. I'm selling mine at cost just to liquidate some credit

Honestly 1-2 Switch is really fun with family and friends. I think Nintendo dropped the ball by not including it as a pack-in title with the system though. It definitely has the potential to be the "it" title like Wii Sports was, but really no one is gonna buy it separately, let alone for $50...

So one thing my store did for me since I didn't get a switch, is that I now have a new thing in my Pre Order tab in my app that says Switch Information Sign Up.

Any idea how this works?
your'e fuck ! a while back, GS employee signed me up for PSVR information w/o any consent, and the listing never went away. it's a cluster fuck and makes my pre-order tab messy.

I think they do this b/c they probably get credit for a pre-order, you know, COL thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back