GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Except amazon only offers the discount for a set time frame. Go buy Zelda there now it's full price. Gamestop is huge for flipping. With no physical foot print say goodbye to same day flipping. Also good luck with boomerangs and point generating as BB doesn't calculate points the same way and amazon offers nothing at all.

Anyone that preordered Has Been Heroes for Switch during the 60-50% extra sale can pick it up today (a day early) and get 1000 points extra.

I'm gonna pick mine up and return it lol

I think someone a few pages back was asking for the unused credit link. Maybe this could be added to the wiki as well.

www.gamestop.com/SVCredit
No one has really reported any success stories in getting free credit from that, so I don't see the point
Anyone that preordered Has Been Heroes for Switch during the 60-50% extra sale can pick it up today (a day early) and get 1000 points extra.

I'm gonna pick mine up and return it lol
Pretty sure this is YMMV. Both stores near me said they don't know anything about that and that they won't know until a conference call at 3pm. All they know is that they're doing a 9pm release for MLB

I think someone a few pages back was asking for the unused credit link. Maybe this could be added to the wiki as well.

www.gamestop.com/SVCredit

Pretty sure this is YMMV. Both stores near me said they don't know anything about that and that they won't know until a conference call at 3pm. All they know is that they're doing a 9pm release for MLB
Well as long as you got the email I assume you're good. If not its probably YMMV

Except amazon only offers the discount for a set time frame. Go buy Zelda there now it's full price. Gamestop is huge for flipping. With no physical foot print say goodbye to same day flipping. Also good luck with boomerangs and point generating as BB doesn't calculate points the same way and amazon offers nothing at all.
We are talking about why Best Buy would still want to keep GCU. Never said Gamestop going out is a good thing. Also Best Buy rewards points for game and everything else is why better than power up points.

I wonder if GS is going to be able to sell all those Has Been Hero games they printed for the Switch and PS4. These are conservative estimates so it is probably be more since it is a new game but the ratios are probably pretty accurate.

:pc:

New In Stock: 0
New Low Stock: 248
New No Stock: 52
Sample Range: 248 - 248
National Range: 3307 - 3307
National Estimation: 3307

:XB1:

New In Stock: 90
New Low Stock: 194
New No Stock: 16
Sample Range: 464 - 734
National Range: 6187 - 9787
National Estimation: 7987

:pS4:

New In Stock: 283
New Low Stock: 1
Sample Range: 850 - 1699
National Range: 11333 - 22653
National Estimation: 16993

Switch:

New In Stock: 279
New Low Stock: 5
Sample Range: 842 - 1679
National Range: 11227 - 22387
National Estimation: 16807

I wonder if GS is going to be able to sell all those Has Been Hero games they printed for the Switch and PS4. These are conservative estimates so it is probably be more since it is a new game but the ratios are probably pretty accurate.

:xb1:

:ps4:

Switch:

I feel like this game is gonna end up on clearance. It already is niche as hell, and from the reviews and player impressions its stupidly difficult/tedious and luck based for people who even enjoy these type of games

No one has really reported any success stories in getting free credit from that, so I don't see the point
I wonder if others are like me and worried that we could have known trade cards wiped out and get a crappy link that doesn't work to our "Virtual Gift Card"

After entering info on that link it shows over $600 between our 2 accounts, but I don't want to risk losing any money on my trade cards in hand and having to deal with their CS if I get sent a bad link for the Virtual GC.

Switch:

Thanks for the reminder. I need to cancel my pre order after seeing the reviews.

I was somewhat looking forward to Has Been Heroes since i loved the Trine series. After playing the game at a Switch tour, i was on the fence. Now, the reviews have killed whatever excitement i had left. I will get it on clearance.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Switch:

I would've said I'm sure it'll get some sales since it's only $20 and since it's heavily promoted by the employees and by the GSTV, but so was Song of the Deep...

Disappointed to hear about bad reviews for has been heroes, based on the premise and early looks it seemed like it was gonna be a fun game

They must still be getting shipments of Has Been Heroes, the estimates went up since I last did it this morning. Just really curious to see how GS is handling this one since Deformers is delayed again.

Are you a kingdom hearts fan?
giphy.gif
I don't understand the gif. Could you not tell I was being sarcastic and think I'm an idiot, or you could tell I was being sarcastic and just werent amused?

So GS seems to at least printed 20,000 copies of Has Been Heroes for both Switch and PS4. At least 10,000 for Xbox One and 4000-5000 on PC. Just in store stock alone. It just reeks of being 9.99 by the summer. 

Deader or any other CAGs that work at GS do you happen to know about how many copies of this game you got for each system in your store? Just curious to see what the actual In stock threshold was for this game.

So GS seems to at least printed 20,000 copies of Has Been Heroes for both Switch and PS4. At least 10,000 for Xbox One and 4000-5000 on PC. Just in store stock alone. It just reeks of being 9.99 by the summer.

Deader or any other CAGs that work at GS do you happen to know about how many copies of this game you got for each system in your store? Just curious to see what the actual In stock threshold was for this game.
Is HBH physical version a GS exclusive for all platforms?

If it is, and those numbers point to no more than 6 copies per store (for non-preorders) then it would seem like they could easily sell through the Switch version, as people like to buy games for their new system and there are/will be plenty of new owners of the Switch. XBO and especially PS4 though I would have to agree. Definitely a $10 game by the end of summer.

And if GameStop goes away how are we gonna get used games for the super cheap? I'm sure no one here actually pays $55 for a used game. They are the only place you can work around to get really cheap games, unlike Best Buy where you gotta wait for a sale every time.
Care to fill me in in this, cause I've been shopping at GS for about 15 years, just out of convenience, not to mention lurking this forum for what feels like a decade, and I've barely heard of one time loophole deals like pricing glitches that'd make their "recent" used games less than $55. Best Buy sells new games for $48 with the same $15/year membership, and games far more frequently go on sale for $50/40 weeks after launch making them $40/32 with GCU. GameStops 4 for $40/$20/$10 deals usually have the crappiest games unless you're super into the Vita or something. And the one "only at GS" type of sale I really liked is the "we're not gonna carry games for this old handheld anymore" clearance sales, which will no longer happen now they've started being a Retro store too.

I'd love to know if there was some method to getting GS used games with regularity on the cheap. Otherwise im in the I won't miss em camp.

Is there a way to know when GameStop is doing its midnight availability on games? I traded in stuff for the bump towards The Show​, and wondered if I'd be able to get it at midnight or not.

I did the gamestop missing credit thing a few weeks back and like most got a link that didn't work. Tried again this afternoon and SUCCESS! Copied the link from the email and pasted into my browser. Confirmed emails and....

...got a giftcard with $0. Site and email say i have ~$43. Of course I don't actually have credit out there unaccounted for but it is still a let down. Even checked the balance on their giftcard checker and it shows $0.

So much for free money. Maybe someone else will have success copying the link they are emailed into their browser.

For anybody who was so desperately and eagerly waiting for my update... SMB3 works flawlessly now. All my other NES games worked fine but this one just wouldn't start. I was going to grab a sand sponge (saw a video), then I saw the trick with the eraser. That with alcohol and the rest is history. Decided to clean all my cartridges now :). Thanks fwens!

I did the gamestop missing credit thing a few weeks back and like most got a link that didn't work. Tried again this afternoon and SUCCESS! Copied the link from the email and pasted into my browser. Confirmed emails and....

...got a giftcard with $0. Site and email say i have ~$43. Of course I don't actually have credit out there unaccounted for but it is still a let down. Even checked the balance on their giftcard checker and it shows $0.

So much for free money. Maybe someone else will have success copying the link they are emailed into their browser.
My link finally worked as well and I got $193.67 which is the exact amount I already had on a trade card. So it zeroed out my physical card and now I have a shitty virtual card instead. I looked up the values on both to check so it is $0 on the original card.

My link finally worked as well and I got $193.67 which is the exact amount I already had on a trade card. So it zeroed out my physical card and now I have a shitty virtual card instead. I looked up the values on both to check so it is $0 on the original card.
That's too bad. Gonna have to explain how to use this virtual card to the Gamestop employee after you hand them a printed $5 bonus card, mentioning the trade boost you're looking for and asking for only $5 down on whatever game you're "reserving". Sometimes this flipping is exhausting.

*Looks at Neon Switch paid for via flipping*

Totally worth it

Is there a way to know when GameStop is doing its midnight availability on games? I traded in stuff for the bump towards The Show​, and wondered if I'd be able to get it at midnight or not.
gamestop.com/events

Usually shows if a big game is gonna have a midnight release. I don't see anything for The Show, though.

I'd love to know if there was some method to getting GS used games with regularity on the cheap. Otherwise im in the I won't miss em camp.
See the FAQ on page one about "flips" and "boomerangs". I have gotten tons of free and heavily subsidized games and merchandise from gamestop over the years. They literally paid for my Switch and 3 games through boomerangs and BB Flips when it launched early this month.

Care to fill me in in this, cause I've been shopping at GS for about 15 years, just out of convenience, not to mention lurking this forum for what feels like a decade, and I've barely heard of one time loophole deals like pricing glitches that'd make their "recent" used games less than $55. Best Buy sells new games for $48 with the same $15/year membership, and games far more frequently go on sale for $50/40 weeks after launch making them $40/32 with GCU. GameStops 4 for $40/$20/$10 deals usually have the crappiest games unless you're super into the Vita or something. And the one "only at GS" type of sale I really liked is the "we're not gonna carry games for this old handheld anymore" clearance sales, which will no longer happen now they've started being a Retro store too.
No one has answered this because it's obvious enough if you look at the title of the thread or read a few posts here: you have to trade in games. Gamestop frequently runs promotions where they give you more credit than you bought the games for. You haven't noticed people mentioning 40 or 50% trade bonuses?

Do you know how many copies they had of Song of the Deep? If so, how does it compare?
Unfortunately no I believe that came out before I had code to make estimates like that but they still have a good amount left over. :ps4: 1,500 pre-owned copies, 4,200 new, and 67 collector's editions. :xb1: 1,100 pre-owned, 3,300 new, and 420 collector's editions. Over 1,300 :pc: collector editions still. Not to mention the POP! figures, T-Shirts, and other SOD merch.

About 16,000 left of these:

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/pop-ridez-song-of-the-deep-merryn-sub-with-merryn/128854

About 3,600 left of these

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/song-of-the-deep-ss-eirnin-statue/129232

About 3,800 left of these

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/apparel-accessories/song-of-the-deep-limited-edition-watch/129184

Unfortunately no I believe that came out before I had code to make estimates like that but they still have a good amount left over. :ps4: 1,500 pre-owned copies, 4,200 new, and 67 collector's editions. :xb1: 1,100 pre-owned, 3,300 new, and 420 collector's editions. Over 1,300 :pc: collector editions still. Not to mention the POP! figures, T-Shirts, and other SOD merch.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/pop-ridez-song-of-the-deep-merryn-sub-with-merryn/128854
Aw man...talk about rolling deep in those. It's a good thing GS isn't promoting Has Been Heroes like Song of the Deep.

About 3,600 left of these
http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/song-of-the-deep-ss-eirnin-statue/129232

About 3,800 left of these
http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/apparel-accessories/song-of-the-deep-limited-edition-watch/129184
That submarine POP! is the only figurine I've ever purchased. It was $5 on clearance and I thought it would go well with my sealed X1 collectors edition which I got on release for ~$13 with Redbox flips.

We are talking about why Best Buy would still want to keep GCU. Never said Gamestop going out is a good thing. Also Best Buy rewards points for game and everything else is why better than power up points.
Normally you would be right, or at least their point systems are equal in value.

However, due to a specific circumstance with pre-owned certificates being half off on Cyber Monday, the Power Up Points System is actually significantly better.

Assuming one wouldn't have Elite or Elite Plus, Best Buy offers 0.5 points per $1 spent, twice if it's on video games. So we can say it'll be 1 point per dollar. 250 points = $5, so $250 spent = $5 back, so 2% back.

(Multiply it by 2 for Elite, 2.5 for Elite Plus, but very few have those benefits so I won't count them.)

Now for Gamestop, we get 10 points per $1, 20 points per $1 if we buy used. Pre-owned $5 certificate is 4,000 points, half off on Cyber Monday makes it 2,000 points. 2,000 points = $5, so $100 spent = $5 back, so 5% back.

(I assumed all purchases for BB is on video games, so I'll do something similar and assume all GS purchases are used games.)

If you calculate it this way, GS point system is 2.5x more beneficial than the BB one, but you can only spend what you earned on used games, have to wait until Cyber Monday to cash in, and do not factor in Elite/Elite Plus.

But 5% back is pretty tremendous though.

Normally you would be right, or at least their point systems are equal in value.

However, due to a specific circumstance with pre-owned certificates being half off on Cyber Monday, the Power Up Points System is actually significantly better.

Assuming one wouldn't have Elite or Elite Plus, Best Buy offers 0.5 points per $1 spent, twice if it's on video games. So we can say it'll be 1 point per dollar. 250 points = $5, so $250 spent = $5 back, so 2% back.

(Multiply it by 2 for Elite, 2.5 for Elite Plus, but very few have those benefits so I won't count them.)

Now for Gamestop, we get 10 points per $1, 20 points per $1 if we buy used. Pre-owned $5 certificate is 4,000 points, half off on Cyber Monday makes it 2,000 points. 2,000 points = $5, so $100 spent = $5 back, so 5% back.

(I assumed all purchases for BB is on video games, so I'll do something similar and assume all GS purchases are used games.)

If you calculate it this way, GS point system is 2.5x more beneficial than the BB one, but you can only spend what you earned on used games, have to wait until Cyber Monday to cash in, and do not factor in Elite/Elite Plus.

But 5% back is pretty tremendous though.
Way to prove why Best Buy points are still better than GS power points.

That submarine POP! is the only figurine I've ever purchased. It was $5 on clearance and I thought it would go well with my sealed X1 collectors edition which I got on release for ~$13 with Redbox flips.
I thought this was a really great game. I waited to get that pop. I knew it would get marked way down with how many all the stores around me got and I finally got it when it went to $5. I read the book to my kids and they loved it.

Way to prove why Best Buy points are still better than GS power points.
Again, I guess it really depends on your definition of better...

I mean if you spend more than $3,500 at Best Buy a year, and all your purchases are video games, then the value is tied... I guess better in the sense that you can use it on anything in the store...

But if you aren't an Elite member, then not only is the value significantly less, you also can't even stockpile points, or use it for anything other than $5/$10/$15/$20 certificates, while Gamestop gives you an entire rewards catalog. Certificates also occasionally glitch (aren't marked as used) if you use all 4 denominations at once, which is also additional free money back.

Not trying to argue here, but instead giving proof that it's not one sided. And to a large majority, Gamestops' point system is more worthwhile. I hate Gamestop and even I'll admit the difference. Also hopes this persuades everyone to stockpile their points until Cyber Monday (since I see a lot cashing it in for coupons early now) and that it wasn't just utter gibberish.

I don't know how your system calculates it, but if you are pulling from inventory pre-orders are not counted as available inventory (if I search internally other stores will show 0 for a game when I know they will have a few for pre-orders) until 48 hours after release.

Our store got 13 on Switch

I wonder if others are like me and worried that we could have known trade cards wiped out and get a crappy link that doesn't work to our "Virtual Gift Card"

After entering info on that link it shows over $600 between our 2 accounts, but I don't want to risk losing any money on my trade cards in hand and having to deal with their CS if I get sent a bad link for the Virtual GC.
Email sent saying had $63.70. Emailed link gives me a card for $1.71. Wtf

Aren't they redoing the Power Up rewards program?

I remember getting an email or seeing something in the store about using your points before May or something like that.

I wonder if they will discount stuff like Cyber Monday cause i usually save my points for that.

Aren't they redoing the Power Up rewards program?
I remember getting an email or seeing something in the store about using your points before May or something like that.
I wonder if they will discount stuff like Cyber Monday cause i usually save my points for that.
Do you lose the points if you don't use it by May? Currently nothing I am interested in the current catalog, but def do not want to lose my 180k points. I may use get the various GC if this is the case. Anyone can confirm?

My local GS is giving the $5 cards with every trade and games under $5 still qualify with the coupon so I might head there once a day to unload a handful of games I don't plan to ever touch again.

My local GS is giving the $5 cards with every trade and games under $5 still qualify with the coupon so I might head there once a day to unload a handful of games I don't plan to ever touch again.
How wonderful to know games under $5 work!!! I've got junk to get rid of. Thank you for that bit of info

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back