GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran into the district from Hell on Saturday. I think the DM sent out an email to all his stores to check purchase history before accepting any trades. Got turned away at the first store and they stole my coupon and threw it away. The two employees also bragged about calling corporate and getting 4 people banned already.

Went to a second store and they turned away the trade, but weren't assholes about it.
The DM here said to me "I'm fine with you doing this but if I ran the company this wouldn't be happening"
Ouch that blows. I was at one over the weekend and the clerks were all LMAO and one even called up a friend of his and was telling him to get in on the trade bumps. And no I don't think it was the DM...or...well...maybe it was.

I ran into the district from Hell on Saturday. I think the DM sent out an email to all his stores to check purchase history before accepting any trades. Got turned away at the first store and they stole my coupon and threw it away. The two employees also bragged about calling corporate and getting 4 people banned already.

Went to a second store and they turned away the trade, but weren't assholes about it.
What was the reason for throwing away your coupon?

Were you boomeranging?

If so, that's a No no

Which stores? I'm in your area and wanna know which gamestops to avoid.

My GCU account is maxed out on the limit for those trade-ins, but thanks for tip. I decided to cash out all my points in case of a ban
I did the same thing with respect to points. Closed out a few accounts for good. I take the 15 for new cards as a cost of doing business.

Yeah, I was boomeranging. They threw it away and wouldn't give a reason why.

It was the Canton district, so the stores below 76.

There's at least 4 in my area.
Not stores, but districts. If your a long time gamestoper at your local stop you'd be amazed the info you can get from a 5 minute chat while checking out. You can learn where districts end and begin and other company policies. Sometimes stores right next to one another are different districts while others you think aren't the same are.

Not stores, but districts. If your a long time gamestoper at your local stop you'd be amazed the info you can get and learn where districts end and begin. Sometimes stores right next to one another are different districts while others you think aren't the same are.
Yeah, I know. There's at least 4 districts in my area.

Damn double post.  I miss the old cag where your post jumped up to the thread after you hit the "post" button.

I also miss the old search ability. 

Are people who saying they ended up with $1000 in credit and getting banned taking into account the total amount they boomeranged, or just their ending amount?

I only ask because I basically boomeranged 130 in credit up to 700, but it took 3 trips (and not more than 2 of each title in the entire trip)... but the total amount of credit that ran through my account was upwards of $1380

I think in most case breaking the $2k limit in less than a week will get you that trade limit exceed message. Which now looks like it might be a 90 days trade ban from the information that was provided to me. Customer rep said they need to send a form in order to reset the trade limit so I can trade more in the future. Time frame 90 days.

Ouch!

They also needed all my information too... something tells me it's a trap to ban me permanently...

Damn double post. I miss the old cag where your post jumped up to the thread after you hit the "post" button.

I also miss the old search ability.
But now we have a "Like This" button that offers quasi-reputation points like slickdeals.

Welcome to the future.

I think in most case breaking the $2k limit in less than a week will get you that trade limit exceed message. Which now looks like it might be a 90 days trade ban from the information that was provided to me. Customer rep said they need to send a form in order to reset the trade limit so I can trade more in the future. Time frame 90 days.

Ouch!

They also needed all my information too... something tells me it's a trap to ban me permanently...
I didn't even get that option, they just told me my account was deactivated and there was nothing I could do about it.

A question I'm sure has been asked a million times but I'm having a hard time finding an answer:

Can I combine the B2G1 free coupon you get with PowerUp with a $15 off pre-owned coupon using my points from rewards? Like two coupons on the same transaction?

Thanks!

I think in most case breaking the $2k limit in less than a week will get you that trade limit exceed message. Which now looks like it might be a 90 days trade ban from the information that was provided to me. Customer rep said they need to send a form in order to reset the trade limit so I can trade more in the future. Time frame 90 days.

Ouch!

Guess I'll just wait it out then, maybe hire some goons to do my trading for round 3.

Anyone have any connections for a good fake state id? :)

A question I'm sure has been asked a million times but I'm having a hard time finding an answer:

Can I combine the B2G1 free coupon you get with PowerUp with a $15 off pre-owned coupon using my points from rewards? Like two coupons on the same transaction?

Thanks!
The 15 coupon says one single item. Fine Print.

Thanks!
The POS should take it but it's ultimately up to the employee. However, using a $ off coupon with a b2g1 usually isn't the best idea

Not a deal, but had a weird situation and wondered if it's new policy or just a weird employee.
Walked into the store, dude greets me and asks if he can help. No, just browsing thanks. He then follows me as I walk to the back and begin to loom through the wii games. He then grills me about what I'm looking for on wii. I tell him nothing in particular (which is true, but Boom Blox and Ghost Squad for $1.99? I'll take it!) I go to Vita and PS3. He asks me if I have a PUR account. Yes I do. He then asks my number so he can "look up my information." He was carrying some tablet around. I'm like "what?" He says he wants my number, then he can look up how many points I have and things like that. I say, I know how many points I have, no thank you.
I'm already annoyed by the intrusive emails telling me I should trade in vame X that I bought a while ago so that I'd get $Y trade in. Are these people really going to bug me for my account info whenever I walk into a store too now?

I noticed it over the weekend that they now have guys with tablets walking around the store. None of them bugged me but i did notice it.
I asked a guy to check a retro tiv the other day and he wanted to look up my pur info. Same at another store when I went to buy something. I had already stood in line for 5-10 minutes then he wanted to waste time looking it up on the tablet.

Not a deal, but had a weird situation and wondered if it's new policy or just a weird employee.
Walked into the store, dude greets me and asks if he can help. No, just browsing thanks. He then follows me as I walk to the back and begin to loom through the wii games. He then grills me about what I'm looking for on wii. I tell him nothing in particular (which is true, but Boom Blox and Ghost Squad for $1.99? I'll take it!) I go to Vita and PS3. He asks me if I have a PUR account. Yes I do. He then asks my number so he can "look up my information." He was carrying some tablet around. I'm like "what?" He says he wants my number, then he can look up how many points I have and things like that. I say, I know how many points I have, no thank you.
I'm already annoyed by the intrusive emails telling me I should trade in vame X that I bought a while ago so that I'd get $Y trade in. Are these people really going to bug me for my account info whenever I walk into a store too now?
I noticed it over the weekend that they now have guys with tablets walking around the store. None of them bugged me but i did notice it.
I asked a guy to check a retro tiv the other day and he wanted to look up my pur info. Same at another store when I went to buy something. I had already stood in line for 5-10 minutes then he wanted to waste time looking it up on the tablet.
That whole tablet strapped to the hip and being on the floor / accessing your info is coming down from corporate (and they have an allotted number to do in a day) and is another test that they (GS) are conducting by taking a queue from Apple and Microsoft stores where the associate on the floor has the ability to ring you up on the floor and have you on the way. What they are hoping is by accessing your info they can suggestive sell and have any items you pick out queued up so when you come up to the register, all you would have to do is pay for it and be on your way. It is intrusive because it is designed to be as it pulls up your PUR info. In doing so, they can see your purchase history and current points / card activity linked to that account and based on that even offer you to redeem points on the spot on deals (like you can get $xx.xx off your next purchase by redeeming xxxx points or by redeeming xxxx points you can renew your PUR membership without spending money, etc.) It is supposed to be helpful but being that they have a set goal of those to get folks info and utilize the tablet to make the end sale of some way or form (be it redeemed points or a sale) folks are pushing it too aggressively and being annoying as some of you have encountered. The associate is just tying to follow the mandate but of course some of them are more pushy than others (and or even nosy). Anyways, wanted to give you guys a heads up why they are being so nosy all of a sudden more so than before.

Jesus, I just started going back there because the pressure to preorder/ subscribe/ scratch protection seemed to have lessened. So corporate has to fuck it up with something even worse?

Yup...this has happened on both of my most recent visits. They like to go through your transactions, points accumulated, points spent, etc. I hate it lol

Were they iPads? If so, I guess they had to do something with the hundreds they overpaid for during that epic flipping event.

Dammit it was a trap! I asked when I could trade again and they needed my info to find out. I hesitantly sent them my info and got this:

"You need to wait for the resolution for this department within 90 days and after that you can start doing it depending on the results."

Couple of things i found out at my local store today.  the $15 taco bell cards no longer work or they didn't at my store.  Manager had to throw them away.   Also i found out that since stores got the new xbox one controllers with with the audio jacks, the old original controllers where converted to used but still sealed in the box.

I have noticed that tablet's are  about at every store around Indy.  I haven't really ever been asked about looking at my account info, but i usually only shop at my local store.  The manager at my local store is just great, always throw free swag my way, actually got a free F1 2015 Metal Pack today.

Yup...this has happened on both of my most recent visits. They like to go through your transactions, points accumulated, points spent, etc. I hate it lol
One thing i did find out when they look at recent transactions. They can see what you traded in but if you used a 50% coupon they won't know. Only people who can see that is LP. Basically all they see the base trade in value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back