GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah there certainly are some strange bumps here for sure but I'm not complaining. Guess my old Redbox Halo Master Chief Collection is going in for 17.50 base!

At these prices I'm just liquidating my backlog of everything that's overvalued.

-Reminder that Xbox 360 Star Wars the Complete Saga is going GwG next month and is $8 base. Good time to dump it!

Hey Blackbeard? Thanks for your help. Do you think the rest of the states will get nes classic shipments today based on what you've seen in the past? Looks like only some states got some yesterday.
I'm running it now, yes other states are getting some, does not appear to be a lot.

I hope you guys have a better experience with this than me. Only 1 of the 4 games I wanted to trade in reflected this mornings bump. Mafia 3 still showed up as 13.84 or something.  Also I only got a $10 bonus for pre ordering Call of Duty rather than 50%.  I was so pissed about the trade values and the guys unwillingness to to honor the app values that I didn't notice to I was halfway home (my stupidity there). 40 miles combined back and forth to the closest store, don't think I'll be dealing with Gamestop again anytime soon.

I hope you guys have a better experience with this than me. Only 1 of the 4 games I wanted to trade in reflected this mornings bump. Mafia 3 still showed up as 13.84 or something. Also I only got a $10 bonus for pre ordering Call of Duty rather than 50%. I was so pissed about the trade values and the guys unwillingness to to honor the app values that I didn't notice to I was halfway home (my stupidity there). 40 miles combined back and forth to the closest store, don't think I'll be dealing with Gamestop again anytime soon.
vader.jpg

I hope you guys have a better experience with this than me. Only 1 of the 4 games I wanted to trade in reflected this mornings bump. Mafia 3 still showed up as 13.84 or something. Also I only got a $10 bonus for pre ordering Call of Duty rather than 50%. I was so pissed about the trade values and the guys unwillingness to to honor the app values that I didn't notice to I was halfway home (my stupidity there). 40 miles combined back and forth to the closest store, don't think I'll be dealing with Gamestop again anytime soon.
That sucks. I always go in knowing exactly what I should be getting, often before the employees know what's going on. If my trade doesn't match my expected result and they aren't willing to fix it I just pack up my stuff and leave.

More often than not, if they see hundreds of trade in and preorder dollars about to walk out the store (which would help their numbers for that week) they stop and try to fix it.

I think we need a bit more information than this. Can you upload a picture of your receipt?

EDIT: Based on An actual noob's success below, maybe your store is "special"?

Just got all the correct values after preordering we2 and destiny 2! Got $407 and the ugly ass hat after the $10 down. All old games that I got for free wth the cyber Monday coupons too :)

I only ended up trading in the one game since the other 3 were wrong. I got 37.50 for Horizon Zero Dawn instead of 40 even though I put 5 down on Call of Duty.
That value is correct--50% total with PUR Pro if you preorder just Call of Duty vs. 60% (the $40 you were expecting) if you preorder both Call of Duty and Destiny 2.

That value is correct--50% total with PUR Pro if you preorder just Call of Duty vs. 60% (the $40 you were expecting) if you preorder both Call of Duty and Destiny 2.
Well that's good to know. Shame the values weren't correct for the other 3 games when I went it, perhaps the system wasn't updated yet?

Pokemon Sun and Moon are trading in at $25 base.  After the 60% it comes to $40 which is retail new price! Walmart has them for $30 new. I also had a BB offer on my account for 15% off select Pokemon games, which after GCU comes to just over $27. 

Checked my receipt and the guy didn't put any money towards my destiny preorder despite me mentioning it 5+ times. I at least got the COD preorder bonus, but I'm annoyed I missed out on the extra 10% and now I'll have to go back to pay off my destiny order. 

Wow. Rory mcgilroy is on clearance at target for around $10. Just got bumped more to $25 base credit. All my local stores had plenty of copies. I think I'll bring a friend and get them some credit too.

Minecraft story mode complete is another nice flip from target clearance.

Checked my receipt and the guy didn't put any money towards my destiny preorder despite me mentioning it 5+ times. I at least got the COD preorder bonus, but I'm annoyed I missed out on the extra 10% and now I'll have to go back to pay off my destiny order.
Always, always, always check the digital display before you finalize anything, and keep a laser focus on it to make sure the preorders are added and the values subsequently update.

Pokemon Sun and Moon are trading in at $25 base. After the 60% it comes to $40 which is retail new price! Walmart has them for $30 new. I also had a BB offer on my account for 15% off select Pokemon games, which after GCU comes to just over $27.
Do you know if those offers are viewable from the website, or just the app?
Still no buy 2 get one free coupon for me.
You're not getting one if it's been more than 48 hours. You'll have to call for it. People are saying the wait is less than 5 minutes on hold, so you might as well.

Always, always, always check the digital display before you finalize anything, and keep a laser focus on it to make sure the preorders are added and the values subsequently update.
Yeah, the end number was at about what I expected so I didn't look too closely. Forgot I ended up grabbing a cheap game and psn card which would have thrown the totals off, but I didn't factor that in at checkout.

Wow. Rory mcgilroy is on clearance at target for around $10. Just got bumped more to $25 base credit. All my local stores had plenty of copies. I think I'll bring a friend and get them some credit too.

Specifically Minecraft Store Mode Complete PS4 at Target. Of course my area is always heavily hit on these target clearance items, so no stores in my area with either of those. Good find though!

Do you know if those offers are viewable from the website, or just the app?
You're not getting one if it's been more than 48 hours. You'll have to call for it. People are saying the wait is less than 5 minutes on hold, so you might as well.
Yes its on the website too for me. i just click on my account then go to Member Offers.

What's the DPCI for the PS4 version? I can't seem to find it on Target.com

Hmmmmm... didn't realize Wildlands was on sale at Best Buy.  I'm gonna trade in the copy I have now for $40 to GS and pick it up right away at BB for $32.  By the time I'm finished, I'll trade it in for next month's stealth bump again

"Minecraft: Story Mode - The Complete Adventure (Playstation 4)": 207-34-1630

"PS4 Game PGA Tour 2015" (aka Rory): 207-34-0119 (as mentioned above)

"PGA Tour 2015 for Xbox One" (aka Rory): 207-32-0119, (as mentioned above) thought the PS4 version seems to be more consistently on sale

Hmmmmm... didn't realize Wildlands was on sale at Best Buy. I'm gonna trade in the copy I have now for $40 to GS and pick it up right away at BB for $32. By the time I'm finished, I'll trade it in for next month's stealth bump again
No I won't. Didn't realize the 49.99 was already including GCU

Anyone else notice the X1 version of Rory is only on clearance on the stores showing not in stock? There are plenty in-stock stores that have it for 29.99. PS4 is on clearance at every Target store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back