GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Think the PS4 trade in promo in the weekly ad might have been misinterpreted. It's "UP TO" $200 for a PS4. The PS4 Pro is also categorized as a PS4 according to Gamestop marketing. This was the same case during the Switch trade in promo; only the PS4 Pro had a $200 value when traded towards a Switch.

Or I could be wrong and the values change overnight but the value for the Pro is $200 and the PS4 regular is $150.

FYI, Breath of the Wild for the Switch goes for about $41 used when using cag16.  Didn't want to be bothered with boomeranging to different stores, so I ordered 4 different games using the b3g1 promo and will just hit my local store when they arrive.

Anyone think I have to trade in the figure and soundtrack along with the game when I trade in Little Nightmares?

I don't understand Gamestop's trade ban system at all. I live in MN and was trade banned for a reason that I still cant figure out. I haven't traded more than 2 copies of a game in a rolling 30 days and trade less than $300/ month. I called and they told me they would investigate it and get back to me in 2-5 business days. I didnt hear back from customer service for a month and I finally called them back. I talk to someone who looks everything up and they tell me the investigation warranted no lift to my ban. I told them I would like to know what criteria I met in order to be banned and they werent able to provide me with any information at all. The customer Service rep decided that because this was a great inconvenience to me that she would add 20,000 points to my PUR account. What will 20,000 points do for me if I am unable to do any future trades for 90 days. Needless to say Gamestop requires an ID with every trade I do but they had no issues with me creating a new PUR account. Will I get banned once all my info is finalized? I guess the initial account was in my girlfriends name but they never disputed my name when they asked for my ID with past trades.
Your ban was probably initiated at the store-level (Jr Detective flags your account for whatever reason). Even with a new account, you won't be able to trade with your ID until after the 90 days has passed (you won't get banned, your ID is already banned). I've learned from fellow CAGs that they never tell you anything when you inquire about bans/criteria and rarely do they reverse anything (in fact some CAGs have reported the opposite: their bans were extended/made permanent after being looked into) so I never even considered contacting them. And they wouldn't dispute you using your girlfriend's account, customers use family member's accounts all the time at GS. What you should try doing is having your girlfriend trade for you using her ID. You should be able to trade in that way until the 90 days passes.

Also FYI, someone mentioned earlier that Black Ops II for the 360 was down to a $10 trade value.  It's currently listed as a $15 trade in

If you are in a state that requires ID for trade-ins, I don't think multiple accounts will bypass the monthly trade limit.  You're trade limit (trade ban) is link to your ID (both DL and/or PP).  the 2nd acct would only be useful for trading in more than 4 copies of a game.  

FYI, Breath of the Wild for the Switch goes for about $41 used when using cag16. Didn't want to be bothered with boomeranging to different stores, so I ordered 4 different games using the b3g1 promo and will just hit my local store when they arrive.

Anyone think I have to trade in the figure and soundtrack along with the game when I trade in Little Nightmares?
What other games did you get with the b4g1 free if you don't mind me asking. You should be good with just the game for little nightmares. How did you like it? I still have my new I've been debating if I should just keep it or return it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

What other games did you get with the b4g1 free if you don't mind me asking. You should be good with just the game for little nightmares. How did you like it? I still have my new I've been debating if I should just keep it or return it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
I like the game... it's short though, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I ordered BOTW for both the Switch and Wii U, as well as Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark for PS4 and Mario Ultra Smash Tennis or something like that for the Wii U. Would've gone with Mario Cart for the Switch but it isn't available for shipping. Came to about $123 with tax and should trade back in for $161.25. It's not much, but it's something for sitting on my butt and collecting points.

Up to how many transactions can the cashier view? I'm going to trade in my stuff that I got from the promos and I don't need them asking questions.

Got Zelda BotW 2x, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Forza Horizon 3. Used Cag16 and saver and came out $135.00 even.

Edit: I assumed Zelda is the only high value flip. BB will you update the sheet to include the b3g1 free?

What's the cag16 and saver I've missed that? Would like to luck out and find 4 used copies of BOTW at my local GS and flip those with my OG PS4 to a new Pro.

Think the PS4 trade in promo in the weekly ad might have been misinterpreted. It's "UP TO" $200 for a PS4. The PS4 Pro is also categorized as a PS4 according to Gamestop marketing. This was the same case during the Switch trade in promo; only the PS4 Pro had a $200 value when traded towards a Switch.

Or I could be wrong and the values change overnight but the value for the Pro is $200 and the PS4 regular is $150.
GS offered $195 TIV for my 500gb PS4, during the Switch trade promo.

Not sure about now. Worth a shot.

Does the 50% still apply to the destiny & cod WWII pre orders or just the hidden gems?
Just the 40% (50% with PUR) hidden gems promo which ends 5/14.

There's also a 20% (30% with PUR) towards items featured in the May 4th ad which is for 5/4 only.

Maybe wait till the last day of the bonus, or even go a week or two without a PS until buying the Pro incase there's a price cut at E3 you could get adjusted. I'd bet it'll be $350 soon enough.
When was the last time Sony did an E3 cut? They always do them in September or October and seeing how Scorpio isn't coming til November Sony would be likely to do a $50 cut around then. They are the market leader after all and just made 1TB the standard $299 slim SKU

So just to clear up the validity of ID cards at Gamestop, I was rejected from trading in at one store because my passport did not have my address on it. This is due to pawn shop laws in Chicago, which I guess requires an ID with an address on it. Once I traded in to another city nearby, I didn't even need to present my ID.

Still concerned about my new account though. I was able to trade in when I initially signed up with my passport (even though it technically shouldn't have been taken as an ID at that Chicago store), however, it looks like trading games in Chicago will be pretty difficult with just a passport. Does anyone have experience using multiple accounts in states that require ID? Would a state ID be too risky to use since my drivers license is tied to my banned account?

FYI, Breath of the Wild for the Switch goes for about $41 used when using cag16. Didn't want to be bothered with boomeranging to different stores, so I ordered 4 different games using the b3g1 promo and will just hit my local store when they arrive.

You only need the game. They won't take the figure. The soundtrack they will keep with it if you take it in the case with the game. Why give them extra for what they give you though.

I see you're asking a lot of basic and repeat questions. Try reading the FAQ on the first page to get started, it will answer most of your questions :)
He cant even go to gamestop.com, click on trade values and go halfway down the page to find a promo, you really think he is going to read the faq? or even look for it?

I called in and asked and was told I get $200, then called another store and they said $150 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯....maybe deader or someone who works there can confirm.

$200 Is for the pro.

Honestly there is no bonus. Its just saying "hey this is how much you COULD get!"
That honestly doesn't make sense this time as it says up to $200 for systems (general term). But in the fine print states that ps4 and Nintendo switch = $200 and lists the other prices as well. They normally have really deceptive print but this time it's down right false advertisement. They listed the exact values for system good until the date printed in the ad.

Yeah that is pretty shady. I would probably unload my regular PS4 for $200 towards a Pro but am not going through the trouble of resetting the system and then having to argue for the extra bonus per the ad.

Thanks! Are the NES queries still working?
Yes except I get the occasional "The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway." error now. However there are no new NES shipments. I wouldn't be surprised if the most recent one was the last since it seemed even more limited then prior shipments.

BB sheets app had been acting up. When refreshing (pull down) and going into stock doc, first showed over a dozen NES locations with lots of greens , when I went to scroll it magically it shifted to like four stores no greens. Wondering if an error is causing it to show last weekend's stock last time I downloaded, or if the higher number was the cache'd previous list.

Like the rest of us I haven't seen any points post yet from my order on Sunday. Hopefully that's updated soon. I'm curious for those that have bought anything this week have points shown up the next day? I'm getting ready to process a buy 3 get 1 free online and was really hoping the points are still being issued.

Like the rest of us I haven't seen any points post yet from my order on Sunday. Hopefully that's updated soon. I'm curious for those that have bought anything this week have points shown up the next day? I'm getting ready to process a buy 3 get 1 free online and was really hoping the points are still being issued.
same here. haven't bought anything this week though, but i did the Xtra Points stuff and got those right away as normal.

Your ban was probably initiated at the store-level (Jr Detective flags your account for whatever reason). Even with a new account, you won't be able to trade with your ID until after the 90 days has passed (you won't get banned, your ID is already banned). I've learned from fellow CAGs that they never tell you anything when you inquire about bans/criteria and rarely do they reverse anything (in fact some CAGs have reported the opposite: their bans were extended/made permanent after being looked into) so I never even considered contacting them. And they wouldn't dispute you using your girlfriend's account, customers use family member's accounts all the time at GS. What you should try doing is having your girlfriend trade for you using her ID. You should be able to trade in that way until the 90 days passes.
I could see where the manager may have been suspicious of my trades. It seems as though he is the only one working on certain nights. He very much against trades of the same game one 2 different platforms. Always cracks jokes about how it makes no sense financially that I would buy the same game twice. Obviously he has never been a parent and had to share a TV. I should change my home store because the other store in that city is much more chill. They are willing to politely ask about games and pre orders but don't get butt hurt when you say no thanks. How was it possible for me to do two or three trades on the weekend I set up a second account. This account was a different name but the same ID I always provide them? On the second and third trades they asked for my ID and I had no issues.

None of my points from Sunday onward (I've done transactions Tue & Wed after the system was fixed) have posted. Further, while mobile check ins show up on card activity the points aren't being added to my total.

Okay: math time: buying four PO Breaths...

Shouldn't pre tax subtotal be -
$54.99 x 3 = $164.97 x 0.90 (PUR) = $148.47 x 0.84 (CAG16) = $124.71

Or $125.97 (($49.99x3)x0.84)?

I'm showing $138 something. Wondering the order they calculate it.

I kind of figured this would be the case. Anyone on here call Gamestop to ask what's up? Maybe I'll ask at my local store as we'll as there all pretty on the ball there.

None of my points from Sunday onward (I've done transactions Tue & Wed after the system was fixed) have posted. Further, while mobile check ins show up on card activity the points aren't being added to my total.

Okay: math time: buying four PO Breaths...

Shouldn't pre tax subtotal be -
$54.99 x 3 = $164.97 x 0.90 (PUR) = $148.47 x 0.84 (CAG16) = $124.71

Or $125.97 (($49.99x3)x0.84)?

I'm showing $129 something. Wondering the order they calculate it.
Me neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back