GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon cards are back
giphy.gif

"LEGAL - $20 EXTRA ON ANY PHONE, TABLET, MEDIA PLAYER, OR WEARABLE

Offer expires 07/31/17. Coupon required at time of purchase. Not valid toward cash trades. "

It mentions coupon in the fine print. Anyway, it doesn't activate when trying to do a trade.
I wasn't able to find this on the trade page at the bottom? Don't see any mention of a coupon at all?

Edit: found it. Doesn't show on mobile for some reason?

If i have ovr $2000 in credit and have the option of getting amazon credit im doing that. Holding on to too much gs credit is not a good idea. And there is a lot of things to get an amazon outside of games plus with video games its 20% off for 2 weeks with new releases. So win win. Have a little here and a little there but not all in one place.

How do does gamestop get away with this ban shit? Any other type of store would have drug through the coals because of this. Must be because gamestop preys on kids. If you are smart they don't want your business. I can't think of any other company that bans you for doing too much business.
How is it business if you're costing the company money? You're not contributing to their bottom line at all. To answer your question, every trade promo says "no resellers", which is clearly what we're doing.

I think you're better off flipping from GameStop to Amazon. It's more discrete than just buying the Amazon cards and could reduce the likelihood of a Junior Detective flagging your account.

You'll also make a profit rather than just convert your credit from GS to Amazon. I probably average at least $75 profit each week in Amazon flips and on top of that I've gotten lots of free games.

Yesterday's B3G1 sale was a perfect example. I'll get about a dozen games for free, convert several hundred dollars in GS credit to Amazon, and get lots of PUR points for each purchase.
Any good tips for finding flips to Amazon? Especially for current gen? I find it pretty tedious checking back and forth between the sites. Wouldn't mind being able to buy Amazon gift cards directly again.

I mostly stick to retro during flash sales and b2g1. Gamecube, Sega Saturn, and Dreamcast have been the most reliable for finding good credit movers.

Just realized the 4 month limit for Amazon trades probably just lifted for all the stuff done after the holidays flipapalooza... Time to recheck those values.

It works it works! Just bought two $25 cards using trade credit while I was picking up something else. On the east coast, they had no Amazon cards out but I asked and the guy said oh yeah just got a shipment of those in today and grabbed me 2.

Why get mad if you're banned? I understand if GS maybe over some bullshit flagging but we literally make so much money off them if they didn't ban us they'd be bankrupt. Just take the L and make a new account or wait

Why get mad if you're banned? I understand if GS maybe over some bullshit flagging but we literally make so much money off them if they didn't ban us they'd be bankrupt. Just take the L and make a new account or wait
Because it sounds like he was baited into a scenario where he would be banned - into doing something that because it was suggested by GS that it would be OK to do.

It works it works! Just bought two $25 cards using trade credit while I was picking up something else. On the east coast, they had no Amazon cards out but I asked and the guy said oh yeah just got a shipment of those in today and grabbed me 2.
I would been like bring that shipment out. I'm going to need all of them lol

How is it business if you're costing the company money? You're not contributing to their bottom line at all. To answer your question, every trade promo says "no resellers", which is clearly what we're doing.
Yeah the company is losing money. Trade in game a for $30 game credit and zero dollars cash and then they sell game a for $55.00 cash. Rinse and repeat and I see the company losing a lot of money. Hell I'd say you were 100% right if it weren't for the fact that Gamestop as a company makes more than 50% of their revenue from used game sales every year which is all flippers provide. You act like we are trading in shitty title a or shitty title b. Because of Black Beard's sheet the majority of us are all flipping top selling NPD games. You're probably right. I'm sure gamestop is losing money from this. But let's not get into that dialogue especially in this particular thread.

Anyone have experience with buying or trading in phones cell phones from GS? I've read that when a person trades in a cell phone, the employee plugs it into their computer and the computer automatically checks over a few criterias like if its still being paid off, IMEI is clean, blacklisted, iCloud locked, reported stolen etc before accepting it for a trade in. I didn't even know Gamestop had the power to check if the phone is free from any monthly installment plans; Verizon and AT&T are usually protective regarding data like that.

Wouldn't want to buy a phone and find out a month later long after the 7 day return period that the original owner stopped making payments on it and the phone turned into a $500 mp3 player. Hopefully the new B2G1 coupon with the revised wording works on electronics of course.
I will say that whatever process they use does not identify phones that have unpaid installments. Or the process that does is not completely followed. I purchased a preowned AT&T phone last month with the intention of unlocking for use on another carrier. The unlock failed because AT&T showed it as having outstanding payments.

I was able to find one in stock at another store, and they let me unlock at the counter to be sure. It turned out okay, more or less, just cost a little extra in time and gas.

Anyone have experience with buying or trading in phones cell phones from GS? I've read that when a person trades in a cell phone, the employee plugs it into their computer and the computer automatically checks over a few criterias like if its still being paid off, IMEI is clean, blacklisted, iCloud locked, reported stolen etc before accepting it for a trade in. I didn't even know Gamestop had the power to check if the phone is free from any monthly installment plans; Verizon and AT&T are usually protective regarding data like that.

Wouldn't want to buy a phone and find out a month later long after the 7 day return period that the original owner stopped making payments on it and the phone turned into a $500 mp3 player. Hopefully the new B2G1 coupon with the revised wording works on electronics of course.
They don't ever check to see if a phone is unlocked. I worked for an AT&T call center a couple of months ago and I got multiple calls weekly from people inside of Gamestops or that had bought phones from Gamestop and demanded that they be unlocked. In which case, they were fucked most of the time and just had to bring it back to Gamestop.

We saw a rash of people in February trading phones to Gamestop that were paid off and then reporting them stolen to us to blacklist them and filing the insurance claim. Most of the time the person reporting the stolen phone just got a new one through insurance for around $150, so they made a small amount of money back if they traded in for credit. I assume it was mostly done by people that hit a snag and needed cash, though.

I wasn't able to find this on the trade page at the bottom? Don't see any mention of a coupon at all?

Edit: found it. Doesn't show on mobile for some reason?
Associate was a complete dismissive bitch and said the value I was getting was already included in the final value. My phone was .02 cents...

I later told her if that's the case then why am I getting .02 in cash as well when the promo clearly says it doesn't count towards cash? She said because the promo doesn't count towards defective items.

Then I said let try my working phone and it still didn't add the value. She said when they say "any phone" they really mean some phones. Wtf? I guess my pixel XL doesn't count?

Associate was a complete dismissive bitch and said the value I was getting was already included in the final value. My phone was .02 cents...

I later told her if that's the case then why am I getting .02 in cash as well when the promo clearly says it doesn't count towards cash? She said because the promo doesn't count towards defective items.

Then I said let try my working phone and it still didn't add the value. She said when they say "any phone" they really mean some phones. Wtf? I guess my pixel XL doesn't count?
Bought a little hippo shit and burned her on a survey about she was passive aggressive.

She had already talked to her DM though while we were in store. Wonder what she'll do.

Should I just spread out my returns to make it look less suspicious? I'm thinking of returning 4 new items each to two different stores on the same day.

just to let you guys know, sw cards are a go with trade credit.
YMMV? Employee discretion? POS fuckery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back